Classroom

Register
Sign in

Strange Links  PV Lamik Fillestar 

Dusty old classrooms. In all honesty, she had not planned on spending her evenings in dusty old classrooms but here she was. No one was around, just her and a bunch of tables and chairs. If only furniture could talk..she sighed leaning back in her own chair."You're being silly."She told herself reaching into her bag and grabbing a piece of parchment and a few utensils. She had decided to isolate herself in said classroom away from the noise and gossip of the common room for a while. Spreading the parchment sheet on the table before scribbling on it for a few moments. A few minutes in and she had sketched out a rough drawing of an large owl on the parchment, it was extremely detailed, you could perhaps make out each feather indvidually and it was an impressive work of art to say the least. Elena had always had an passion for artwork since a young age, it was how she passed the time in her earlier years, Hogwarts only gave her more of an angle to express it.

"Budding artist, it almost looks like Flutters."She told herself grinning at the drawing. Maybe she would hang it up in her dormitory. It would give her some sense of moral support as she quietly laughed at the image of a big, yellow-eyed owl staring at her as she slept. It was entertaining to imagine. She signed her name at the bottom before glancing around the classroom. She actually had no idea how she had winded up here, the girl had just kept roaming the halls until she had found some random room, as for how she was going to get back, that was a problem she was going to have to figure out."Why is every good thing have to be canceled out by something negative?" Maybe if luck was in her fortune, she could snag a passing student who would perhaps by some sheer miracle also be passing by these dark and dusty classrooms which looked like they hadn't be used in ages. As for now, she busied herself in adding more detail to her owl picture giving it a beak and sharpening the outline.

STA: 9| EVA: 5|STR: 1|ArcPower: 5|WIS: 10|ACR: 10

Lamik wandered the halls, taking random turns at intersecting corridors and eyeing each door he passed, his bottom lip bitten. The boy wanted to get deep enough into the castle that he would know for certain no one would be around in any room he decided to enter. The reason for this may have seemed a bit strange to some- Lamik liked pretending. Like many little kids, Lamik enjoyed imagining himself as someone he was not in rediculous and exciting situations- a pirate, an explorer, a secret agent. In fact, that was what the boy planned on being today- or rather, and Auror on a very important mission.

Finding a particular door that he liked for no exact reason, the boy stopped walking and took out his wand. Lamik put a hand on the doorknob and took out his wand before swinging the door open. He raised the wand towards the empty space in front of him, waved it in the shape of a snails shell, and yelled "Fumos!". As thick, dark, smoke shot out of his wand and filled up the room, the boy realized something. An ability he had developed during his first year at Hogwarts allowed him to sense something subtle- something that he hadn't sensed before. Inside the classroom, Lamik could feel the presence of a girl. It was too late, however, as the spell had already been cast and the room had already been filled.

Reducio
Abilities active: Blindvision

Wisdom: 10 - Arcane Power: 10 - Accuracy: 8 - Stamina: 6 - Strength: 3 - Evasion: 3

Binding Mark

The sound of the door opening caught her attention and quickly her head snapped up. There was someone down here? Who of all people would go this far into the castle unless they were feeling the need to break away from society as well but the thought was laughable at best. As she turned to see what mysterious visitor would announce their prescene, the last thing Elena recalled was a masculine voice yelling some sort of incantation."Wha-"She barely had time to finish her thoughts before smoke erupted into the room, thick, black smoke filling it up. A fit of coughing overtook her as she raised her sleeve to cover her mouth and nose as to not inhale the fumes but that only helped so much.What genius decided this was a good place to go off firing spells of any type?!The fumes would probably ruin her drawing...oh..that's right..her drawing. A short fit of anger fired up within her as she felt around for her wand before deciding against it. If she lost her wand in this cloud of smoke, that would be a tough one to explain to her parents."What...are...you doing....?!!"She spat the words out from where she thought she heard the voice come from feeling her way towards the exit using the walls as guidance. She felt a bump and realized she was nowhere near the exit.

The smoke didn't just give you horrible coughing, you could barely make out anything which was just fantastic. Letting loose a string of well-placed insults at what prankster had decided to show their face down here which would turn out to be a mistake as she drew breath to yell out some choice words, more smoke was inhaled causing a fit of coughing. 'CAN..YOU..GET...RID...OF...ALL THIS...BLOODY..SMOKE?!?!"The Gryffindor said between wheezes. Was there no quiet area in this castle? It seemed no matter where she roamed, there was always something happening and somehow, she managed to wind up in the middle of it oddly enough. If this was an attempt to attack her or something, it was going quite well though she doubted that was the case, no one really paid attention to her all that much. "IF YOU DON'T, I'M GONNA HAVE TO HEX YOU AND WHAT FOLLOWS AFTER THAT IS A LOT OF PAIN AND INCONVENIENCE!"As if she could land a spell in this mist, where even was that caster? They were probably either laughing to themselves quietly or sneaking up on her. She just wanted this damn smoke out of here.

Lamik winced once he heard the girl yell at him. "I... really didn't think that far into the plan." He realized, blowing away the smoke that had gotten close to his face. He had no clear way to clear the smoke out, but there was obviously a girl in there who wasn't having a very good time because of what he was doing. "Hang on, I'm coming." The boy said, holding his breath and effortlessly making his way around the desks and tables and through the smoke without a need to actually see anything. Once he got beside the girl, Lamik tried reaching out for her hand. If he were to succeed in this, Lamik would try dragging her through the smoke back to the door.

If he failed, however, the boy would breathe again before starting to cough himself. "Come on- follow me." he would say. "I... don't really have an-" after coughing a bit more, the boy would try again. "I don't really have an issue with vision at the moment. I can help you out, but I'm gonna need to grab onto your arm or something." Lamik would try to grab her hand again and use the one resting against his side to hold the rip of his robe up to his face as if trying to filter out the smoke from his lungs.

Wisdom: 10 - Arcane Power: 10 - Accuracy: 8 - Stamina: 6 - Strength: 3 - Evasion: 3

Binding Mark

No, clearly he had not thought very far into the plan as the boy stated but now was not the time to hurl around retorts and insults, not that she could afford to with what little breath she had to spare. She could thank the cloud of smoke for that. Whatever reason he had for filling a room full of fumes, she prayed it was a good one or there would be a lot more than smoke he would have to worry about. Her anger was quickly wiped away by his suggestion. Grab onto..?"Uhm..sure thing.. I guess..let me just.."Usually, she wouldn't so willingly trust a complete stranger so randomly but given the circumstances, she didn't really have any alternate options so to speak. Elena using her sense of hearing made her way towards where the boy's voice was coming from offering her hand outwards in what she hoped was the right direction. This felt sort of..weird in a odd fashion..how did she get herself into these situations?"You're telling me all this blasted smoke isn't impeding your sight at all?"She asked referring to his earlier remark about vision.

"I am literally as blind as a bat in sunlight."Wait..did that statement make sense? Did bats..she shook her head to clear it. She was overthinking the situation and causing herself to ramble. Boy oh boy was she gonna have a story to tell. Her owl drawing ruined..well..she could always reproduce it if needed. "I hope you have a good story behind this, I do appreciate the help though."The Gryffindor said between coughs lifting her robe sleeve to her arm to prevent any more smoke from finding it's way into her mouth and nostrils.

As they finally reached the door to the classroom, Lamik answered the best that he could. "Of course it does- Bats can see, by the way- but I couldn't." Lamik coughed one last time. He wasn't lying, per se. Lamiks eyesight was just as impaired as the girl whose hand he was holding. "I mean I couldn't see with my eyes. But I could see. Its... difficult to explain." Pulling her a bit farther away from the door and waving his free hand in the air in an attempt to clear the little wisps of smoke that escaped the doorframe before finally turning around to look at her for the first time.

"As for a story or explanation..." Lamik laughed a bit, slightly nervous. "I didn't know you were in there, and I wanted to play a game. I like..." The boy hesitated, not sure exactly how to phrase what he was doing. "I like playing pretend, I suppose." Back home, away from Hogwarts, Lamik did similar things all the time. He wasn't doing it alone at home though, as his little sister would always join him. At the school, he had little time to play pretend though, and as his sister was nowhere near, Lamik had no one to do it with either.

Binding Mark

His explanation was odd as the situation around them. something about a game. Finally though, she felt herself being pulled along to the doorway as the fumes of smoke escaped out into the corridor and she took in a huge gulp of air before exhaling slowly. Sometimes, she got into the most strangest and random encounters around the castle but the boy did seem truly apologetic so perhaps she wouldn't exactly go off on him, granted he was just messing around though a warning or something would have been nice. She had thought for sure she was about to get jumped or something, not that she had made any enemies as of yet or so she hoped. She realized she was still holding the boy's hand and quickly let go stepping away a few feet, a faint red blush tinging her cheeks.'S-Sorry."She said awkwardly. Now why was she getting these butterfly feelings, was it something about the Gryffindor? Elena just couldn't place it at the moment.

"Playing pretend? Is it like hide or seek or something?"The female asked replacing her flustered expression with that of curiosity. "I'm Elena by the way, Elena Jangleton of Gryffindor."Giving him a small smile, funny to think they were just getting to the introductions now."Do tell me about this game of yours."She couldn't exactly be mad at him any longer as it was. He did have a point, no one had seen her go in here so there was no way for him to know that anyone was in the classroom but you couldn't exactly expect someone to remain calm and composed when they suddenly got a faceful of smoke. "I guess I'll forgive you. I thought I was getting mugged or something, sure gave me the scare, guess I should have known there was a Gryffindor running amok."She said with a bit of humour, she felt like she could get along with this person. That butterfly feeling though, now why wouldn't that go away?

"No, not hide and seek." Lamik said, giving her a confused look when he noticed her blush. "Something way more childish. I like pretending that I'm someone or something I'm not. Some people say that it's stupid, but I like it." Lamik knew that Elena might laugh at him, but he didn't mind. At this point, he was just relieved that he hadn't hurt her. "My name is Lamik Fillestar. Gryffindor as well. It's nice to meet you." He smiled sheepishly before continuing. "Though the situation isn't exactly optimal. I am really sorry about that, by the way. I really didn't mean to scare you."

When it came to romance, Lamik was completely clueless. Because of this, any possible sign that the girl in front of him might have been giving off went straight over his head. As far as he was concerned, this was just an unfortunate meeting between two people, though something that he had heard her say did seem a bit strange.."What are you apologizing for? I'm the one who did something wrong." It seemed rediculous that this girl would have something to apologize for. She seemed nice enough, and Lamik couldn't help but think that she was very pretty (though that wouldn't really impact whether or not she had to apologize).

Binding Mark

A fellow Gryffindor..though he didn't seem like the average prankster who would most probably poke fun at people's reactions. Though whatever certain attractions Elena was feeling towards Lamik..it certainly did not seem to register with the boy, either that or he was doing a very good job of concealing it. "Well, it's definitely an attention-getter..not stupid..I'd call it creative in a sense..so there was anyone particular you were trying to mimic.."?"His smile threw her off guard for a second and there it was again..that butterfly feeling.Control it..control it..damn it.She couldn't believe it. She was actually falling for this boy despite only having met him like a couple minutes ago, never mind the faceful of smoke she had received. Most people would not take kindly to that despite the apologies he was professing. But Elena was not most people, she waved away his apologies laughing slightly."You're just trying to have fun, nothing wrong with that and we're both unharmed..so I think it all worked out."

Her eyes widened a bit at his inquiry to her apologetic remark..well, now that was a bit complicated. "Well..uh.."What exactly are you going to say?She normally wasn't this tongue-tied..but she wasn't about to tell him exactly why she had apologized. What if he laughed at her..or worse..he could be weirded out by it..a billion thoughts were flowing through her head."I just..thought I was making..uh...you uncomfortable..."You did not just say that...Her internal voice was screaming at her and the Gryffindor could not find the courage to explain what she had just remarked clamming up. Instead, she focused very intently on a flickering torch behind Lamik keen not to see what his expression was registering. Change the topic..change the topic..Maybe he would forget..maybe he didn't hear it at all."So um..did you go to that Blossom Ball a while ago? I heard a lot of stuff happened there..something about spiked punch and whatnot."She had of course been present herself attempting to rescue some students from a potential kidnapping but this was all to make conservation..for her sake.Maybe he didn't hear that.

"What could you possibly have done that would make me uncomfortable?" Lamik said, honestly confused about what she meant. They hadn't had enough time to get into anything personal, and though there was nothing that Lamik wasn't open about discussing (almost), he knew that other people had subjects that they treated far more sensitively and emotionally. If that was the case, the boy had no idea what she could have said or asked that had the potential to make someone uncomfortable. Because of this, he decided to drop the subject for the moment and move on to some other topic.

The smile on his face faltered a bit when Elena mentioned Blossomfest. "I wasn't there, no. I was in my dorm room at the time. I heard that some pretty serious stuff happened though." Though Lamik knew the basics of the fire and kidnapping attempt, he didn't know anything specific. He had wanted to find out ever since the event happened, but the Gryffindor couldn't figure out who was present and who wasn't. Maybe Elena could shed some light on the subject. "I don't know the specifics though. I'd love to hear more about it, if you know more then I do."

Binding Mark