Classroom

Register
Sign in

Potions Class  Finished 

Oliver wandered through the halls, glancing from door to door to find the right class. Potions were something he was eager to learn about, although he had little to no practice in, he was still determined to make the right impression on his professor.
and possibly his classmates, if he was lucky.

Oliver pushed the door open and gazed around the dimly lit room.
He was greeted with bubbling sounds, pencils writing and footsteps on the cold stone floor.
hordes of potions were stacked neatly behind glass cases and on wooden shelves, light reflecting off them delicately.
He'd never seen anything like it, he'd been so fascinated with potions growing up, that this sight was so grand and pleasing to him. suddenly he felt nearly all of his nervous energy had been turned into excitement. the corners of his mouth began to tug into a smile.
There weren't a lot of students, Oliver noted. He must have been early.
After gawking around for a few more moments, he planted himself in a desk toward the corner of the classroom. an empty seat next to him and on the desk were a few odd cauldrons and scales.
He settled, placing his potion books to the edge of the desk and readying his equipment.
Last edited by Oliver Lock on 4th July 2019, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. - newt scamander

Potions Class  Finished 

The bell rung right as Maggie ran through the door, panting and sweating. Before the Potions Professor could hell at her, she bolted to the nearest open seat and grinned at the boy sitting down next to her. The sound of bubbling potions filled the dimly lit room, and although the atmosphere of the class was nice, and Maggie didn’t have a bad grade in the class, she still didn’t necessarily care for it. She glanced to the boy beside her, he had yellow and black tie on, signifying his house: Hufflepuff. He had blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and a young face. Just as she sat down, the Professor’s voice rang out: “The seats you are in will be your new seats for the remainder of the trimester.” Maggie looked to the Hufflepuff boy next to her. She ought to get to know him, right? “Hey,” she grinned at him, “I’m Maggie, Maggie Parker.” she stuck out her hand for a handshake. “Looks like you’re stuck with me for awhile, huh?” Maggie laughed loudly at her own joke, though she did feel slightly bad for the boy. She wasn’t really the best at potions— and that was an understatement.

maggie parker :) :)
stamina-5 | evasion-5 | strength-5 | wisdom-6 | arc power-6 | accuracy-8

Potions Class  Finished 

Oliver smiled weakly toward the brunette girl who had just sat next to him.
He suddenly felt that nervous energy return, He wasn't exactly good at first impressions.
He awkwardly brought his hand up to shake hers.
"Oliver Lock" he said, smiling.
He noticed her tie, A Gryffindor. he hadn't met any first years in other houses.
from what he heard Gryffindors were daring, brave and very respected at Hogwarts.
Oliver was already feeling a little intimidated. The way the girl smiled at him made him feel nervous. She seemed so friendly, and he could imagine how awkward he looked.

"I haven't had much luck with Potions." He said, "suppose we'll both be struggling." he chuckled, lowering his gaze to the mess on their table, mostly his books and unnecessary equipment. He murmured an apology as he clumsily swept it all to one side, wincing once or twice as some of it fell to the floor with a clang.
A few students from tables in front looked toward the noise and back up to Oliver.
He dropped his head and placed a hand horizontally onto his forehead, shadowing his eyes. this was going to be a long lesson.

He looked toward Maggie, giving her a bashful smile as he felt his cheeks heat up.
He felt rather bad that now she was stuck with probably the most nervous and shy student in Hogwarts.

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. - newt scamander

Potions Class  Finished 

“Oliver Lock,” the Hufflepuff by next to her said, smiling somewhat nervously. “I haven’t had much luck with Potions,” he said, “suppose we’ll both be stuggling,” he chuckled lightly, and Maggie grinned and let out a small laugh. She was more than relieved that she wouldn’t be stuck with some stuck-up know it all, they got on her nerves. Oliver lowered his gaze to their desk, and, consequently, all of his stuff strewn across it. Maggie didn’t care, on the contrary, her side of the desk probably would’ve looked the same if she’d gotten her stuff out. Oliver muttered a small, “Sorry about that,” and quite clumsily swept it all to one side, noticeably wincing when a few of his things hit the floor with a loud clang. Oliver looked mortified as a few students looked back to the pair, and he shielded his face from them as if it was some form of protection. He looked towards her, a blush covering his cheeks and a bashful smile on his face. Maggie grinned at him, and said, rather loudly, “My bad, guys! I was just trying to clean off our desk and I knocked over Oliver’s stuff,” she gave the few students who had turned around when Oliver had dropped his stuff a pointed glare, Nothing to see here! She sent a side long glance to Oliver, and she couldn’t help but laugh at his still-mortified face, though he did look a bit better than earlier, when his face had turned a beet-red color. Maggie felt lucky that she was stuck with the boy, he was kind, so far at least, and she could already tell they’d make great friends— they were almost polar opposites so far. After all, opposites attract, right?

Potions Class  Finished 

Oliver shared a giggle with the Gryffindor next to him.
He was relieved she wasn't pretentious about the situation. She seemed so above Oliver and he felt so comforted by her kindness. He could feel the tension in him begin to dissipate.
"Nothing to see here!" she said toward the students in front.
Oliver admired the way she was so casual toward the situation.
He could feel his cheeks begin to slowly drain the dark rose colour. He was rather glad that Maggie happened upon his desk. He could tell they were going to be good friends
The professor cleared his throat, rather loudly, turning to face the class.
"Now," He began,
"In your pairs, I would like you to attempt the Cure for Boils Potion, a fairly simple beginning for the lot of you."
Oliver mouthed a "Thank you" amid the professor's lecture toward Maggie before leaning to pick up the fallen items.
Oliver set a green book in the middle of the desk.
Book Of Potions it read in gold. Oliver flicked through the pages until he reached "Potion for Boils." He scanned down the ingredients, listing them off with his fingers.
On the edge of the desk was glass jars, he reached out for one of them and tilt the lid to read it. He glanced at Maggie a few times, as he measured out the ingredients onto the scales.
"What did you do before Hogwarts" he asked, glancing from the desk to the Gryffindor.

Potions Class  Finished 

Maggie noticed how the red color had drained from Oliver’s face, and when he mouthed “Thank you,” to her later in class, she felt a surge of pride. He started the potion, after getting his book from the floor, by flicking to the recipe page. “What did you do before Hogwarts?” Oliver asked, his dark brown eyes repeatedly flicking from her face down to his desk. “Well,” Maggie said as she began to get the ingredients out, “I’m muggleborn, so I guess it was kind of boring, much more boring than here at least.” Maggie laughed, “But I tried my best to make it fun, both me and my twin little brothers pranked just about everyone in our town, and my friends helped occasionally.” Maggie, as she always did, added, “I’ve got a big family— seven kids, two parents. I’m kind of the middle child, me and the twins. Zoe’s the youngest, she’s barely one, then there’s Sadie, then the twins, Aiden and Andrew, then me, after that it’s Cooper, and finally Jackson, but he’s in his first year at college.” Maggie loved how big her family was, hell, she wished it could be bigger if they could afford it!

Potions Class  Finished 

"both me and my twin little brothers pranked just about everyone in our town, and my friends helped occasionally." The brunette began, obvious admiration in her tone. She presented the ingredients on the desk, telling Oliver of her large family. It sounded like such a close and loving family, Oliver could tell she cared a lot about them from the way she talked.
He understood what it was like to be close to family, He was very close with his younger sister Anna, maybe they had more in common than he thought.
"I know what you mean." He said, smiling at her.
"It's nice to have people you're close to around you, especially family."
He glanced down at the cauldron, putting some of the ingredients inside and then writing the method down on a small piece of parchment.
"You and your little brothers sound just as cheeky as my little sister." He continued.
"Always getting herself into trouble she is."
The small classroom began to fill with a slight bubbling noise, Oliver looked up to see a few students already ahead of them, some of their potions already emitting a pink smoke.
Oliver reached for a wooden spoon, stirring the half done mix in the cauldron.

Potions Class  Finished 

Maggie grinned at Oliver, “Well, it sounds like your sister and my brothers would get along,” Maggie laughed, happy to find something in common with the boy. Their potion was now bubbling, and Maggie quickly glanced at the instruction sheet. Porcupine quills. Got it. Maggie absentmindedly threw them in, already reading the next step on the page. She froze, however, as she read the note under the step about porcupine quills. Make sure to take the cauldron off of the fire before adding the quills, or the results will be disastrous. Maggie looked to Oliver, who also had a look of terror on his face. “Oh shi—” she said, only to be cut off by a loud boom as their potion promptly exploded in both of their faces, covering them in a blue goo. Maggie shouldn’t have laughed.
𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑
In retrospect, I realize now that I need to be more careful and thoughtful when in Potions class. Instead of talking to my friends, I need to be carefully brewing the potion. This mistake, although common, was foolish, and it will not happen again. Maggie dropped her pen, shaking her hand as she finished off her two-page essay. She’d gotten detention for her fatal mistake, but, luckily, she’d made an amazing friend out of it, and she considered it to be worth it.

Potions Class  Finished 

Oliver looked towards Maggie, shock creeping onto his face.
Wai-“ was all he managed to get out until a large Boom filled the classroom and absorbed all sound.
Oliver placed his hands over his face. He couldn’t bare to watch this.
a few moments of silence passed, as Oliver slowly but surely, slid his hands down his pale skin.
Maggie and Oliver were covered in blue goo from head to toe.
he glanced up and realised the entire class was sat in complete shock, staring at the Gryffindor and the Hufflepuff, who had just completely ruined the potions lesson, along with the entire room.
Oliver slowly looked at Maggie. He wasn’t sure what to do. There was still a hint of a smile on her face, which was enough to break Oliver completely.
The silent classroom was now filled with laughter from the 2 students.
this went on for some time. Until they heard
That’s enough!” Bellow from the professor. Oliver realised how serious he sounded, but he couldn’t stop laughing.
He smacked a hand over his mouth in attempt to stop. but no such luck.
The Professor was screaming a lecture toward the two of them, the classroom looked so uncomfortable. Oliver wasn’t listening, he was too caught up in laughing with Maggie.

Detention!” was the last thing the two heard before they were asked to leave the classroom and stand outside in the colder halls.

Oliver whipped around the minute the door shut and looked towards Maggie, a grin beaming on his face.
I’d say we did pretty well in there.” He said.
Wouldn’t you?

TIME SKIP

The detention classroom was quiet, except for the sounds of quill writing against dry parchment.
Oliver had his head in his hand, lazily writing the essay he’d been asked to.
He glanced over to the other side of the room, meeting Maggie’s gaze.
He smiled at her cheekily, before glancing back down toward his essay.
He was very glad to have met Maggie, he could tell that they were only going to become closer.
And he was even more eager, for the next Potions Class.