Classroom

Register
Sign in

Hot and Cold  PV Alan Vanes   Closed 

Elena had paced around the dorm a couple of time, planning and scrapping and replanning, before realising the best thing to do is pick the clothes she liked. Alan wanted her there, not the Elena she presented when she wanted people to like her, Alan liked her for her usual punk rock and blue hair self. So that's what she was going to be.

So she just ran through her closet with that mentality. Ripped jeans? In the bag. Black boots? Bag. Pirate hat? Odd but it's a staple at this point. Badass long coat? Can't leave home without it. Soon she had a small pile of summer and winter clothing, all ready for the journey ahead. So she wheeled her trunk out, because Elena was smart enough to buy wheels for the damn thing. Carrying all her clothes with her, Alan would know which ones would work. He was such a sweet kid.

Elena eventually managed to chuck her stuff in the classroom and plopped herself down to wait. She was honoured Alan actually invited her, and also was preparing herself for the hug she was going to give him the second he walked through the door.

Friends were precious to Elena, she couldn't afford not to cherish them.
Last edited by Anastasia Beckett on 27th December 2018, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

“I’ll bet you a copper that she’ll be free in five minutes,” Janco said to Ari.
Ari grunted in amusement. “A silver on ten minutes,” he countered.
“I’ll bet you both a gold coin that she kills him,” Valek said.

~
Humming soft christmas tunes the young Gryffindor boy with the hazelnut brown hair and a set of vibrant emerald eyes was skipping through the corridors, careful what the holidays would bring. He was curious and nervous at the same time. Not only would it be the first fest without him being able to celebrate with his parents, he also would spend the time with one of his dear friends and a girl he could not remember interacting with. This holidays could either be great or end up in a disaster and he truly hoped for the first option to be the case.

He soon reached the empty classroom they were talking about and ripped open the door, an excited smile plastered on his face. ”Elen- OH… I'm so sorry! I must have missed the door…” The young boy quickly closed the door, his face heating up in embarrassment. A look at the door number made him realise his mistake. He had twisted two numbers instead of door number XY he read it as YZ. This could only happen to him! Seriously…

He hoped whatever professor taught there was not too mad, he did not even see the professor just that the class was full with students so he just quickly closed the door again. He sighed and looked around, walking to the right door and opened it shyly. Seeing Elena made him burst out laughing, his cheeks still colored in embarrassment.

”Finally the correct room!”

*Alan*
"The world can only be as beautifuly as you let it be."

Alan appeared through the door, he appeared to be blushing. Elena pondered on whether it was from cold, from excitement, or from embarrassment. Given the laughter she heard from next door, it looked like embarrassment, especially since he was talking about being in the correct room. He did seem really happy to see her though, which warmed her heart.

Elena laughed, "Correct room? Well, I'm glad you made it."

Elena jumped up and dashed over then hugged Alan, "Here, you need one of these, a rare Elena hug, first edition, vintage of 2018. Free of charge."

Elena pulled away and beamed at him, "So, I'm bringing my pirate hat, because I do need that, and I'm bringing a long coat I saw in Diagon, so that'll be nice and warm. Other than that I have some jeans, some shirts, usual set of boots and socks and stuff. I also got some shorts, not sure if I'll need them though. Apparently New Zealand is still relatively cold in Summer."

"So, is there anything else I need to pack or buy while I'm in London? I'm headed past Diagon, gotta do a blood test at Gringotts, which should be fun, or annoying. Either one." Elena smiled.

~
With a small chuckle Alan would nod. ”Yeah, can you believe it? I accidentally pushed open the door a couple of rooms away and that could not have been any more embarrassing!” The young Gryffindor exclaimed in excitement and embarrassment. The boy walked over to the blue haired girl before he was surprised by a hug.

Alan loved hugs, they made him feel at peace and made him feel welcomed. A hug from Elena also meant acceptance and happiness because the smaller girl was super nice and probably destined to be a great friend of his. Or so the young Gryffindor hoped things will turn out. He hugged her back, wrapping his arms around her body. As they pulled apart he tsked pretending to be mature.

”You are way to thin, we should change that wiiiiiiith~” he pulled something out of his his robe pocket and began to wiggle a wrapped chocolate frog in front of her. ”This~”

The young boy hummed as the girl listed what she would bring along. ”Sounds good! Don't forget to bring and scarf in case it gets to cold… or a thin jacket in case it will be a bit warmer-” he reminded her with a soft smile. He cared for his friend and did not want her to catch a cold.

”I never was in NZ I hope it will be great!”

*Alan*

Elena smiled, hugs from Alan were always the best, "Well, I'm glad you did make it. Those students must've felt honoured, it's not every day you meet Alan Vanes you know! I know I was, you're still one of the coolest people I've ever met."

"A chocolate frog! You remembered!" Elena beamed at Alan, "Thank you thank you thank you! You're just the best!"

She took the chocolate frog and then stood really still for a second, before turning around and walking over to her trunk. At least that's how it appeared, in actuality she was considering hugging Alan again, but couldn't move herself to do it. Elena was an odd creature, who simultaneously craved attention and companionship. Yet shied away from it, because she didn't want to rely on anyone but herself. After all this time, she still thought that she'd end up alone.

"Scarves! Yes, I did bring one with me, well I only actually had one. So I hope that it's enough, it should be, hopefully." Elena smiled, "I have a thin jacket with me. Thanks for inviting me by the way, it's nice to have a friend. A real one, that is. You're a good one too."

~
The young Gryffindor had to smile brightly at her words. They made him feel good and happy and he couldn't help but show his white teeth in a toothy grin. This girl was nice and he really hoped that she knew that. ”Why would they be honoured? I probably just annoyed all of them! Hopefully no one saw my face or they will make fun off me when they see me in the corridors!”

He was afraid that this will happen, they looked taller! Probably upper years and he did not want to get into trouble with them, he truly didn't. Alan stared at Elena and nodded. ”Of course I remembered! How could I forgot about something as important as a promise?” The young Gryffindor exclaimed his eyes sparkling with barely held back happiness.

Alan followed her as he turned his back to her, a frown appeared on his face as he looked at her in confusion. ”Are you sad? Did I do something wrong? I have more chocolate frogs for the travel if that one was not enough!” the boy voiced his concern as he tried to get a peek at her face.

*Alan*

Elena stood really still again, it was something she learned a long time ago. Stand still and they won't know which way you're going to go run. She turned around and in place a bit, her eyes were still a little bit lost and afraid, "You didn't say anything wrong! It's okay, just wasn't sure whether or not to hug you, and I overthink things all the time. It's really a bad habit, I'm sorry."

"You're awesome. It's just sometimes randomly I think I'm going to end up alone again, it's just my brain going a bit weird." Elena beamed at Alan, "Not your fault at all! It's just me being, well, a bit fractured. Nothing to worry about."

"So, no. Not sad, just a bit weird." Elena smiled, "I'm really happy you invited me though, it's nice to have a friend as good as you."

She paused for a second, considering something, then reached up and ruffled Alan's hair before stepping back and crossing her arms, "How come you're so tall? It's just unfair, too many people are tall. Have you met Hugh yet? He's like a giant! Moffy is even taller, this is ridiculous. I'm way too tiny."

~
Alan got sad all of the sudden. But not on his own behalf but because he was sad that Elena had such thoughts running through her head. He really hoped that she would not torture herself with these thoughts and that she would not be sad so often.

”I'm sorry-” the young boy sighed in defeat. He did not want his friend to be uncomfortable or sad. He really hoped that she would smile again and overcome whatever happened to her in her short life. When she reached out to ruffle his hair, something he usually never let happen, he even tilted his head down to make it easier for her to reach. If this was her way of showing him that they were friends he could go with that, as long as it made her happy.

”If someone ever hurts you then tell me… I would not want you to get hurt-” he told her sincerely. He would rather that he get hurt than that she gets hurt by anyone. And he could talk with them and ask them to leave Elena alone… maybe they would see how awesome she truly is and be her friends instead….

*Alan*

Elena gave Alan a genuine smile, not something dictated by what she needed to show people she was fine, but a real one. It was small, and not exactly the beam of sunshine she wanted but it was real, at least.

"I promise I will." Elena nodded, "The same goes for you, if anyone ever hurts you then tell me, and I'll figure out a way to fix it."

Elena didn't add that fixing it almost certainly meant telling Aoi and Griffith, unless the girl felt like unleashing hell herself. In which case, Rorie and Ruby were clever, cunning, and damn good tricksters. They'd be able to fix the problem and blame it all on Peeves, then Alan would be safe and Elena would've protected her friend.

"So." She coughed, trying to steer the conversation onto happier things, "I have this list of things I need to try and do for Christmas, and I was wondering if you had any ideas for it? I've already built a snowman, made a list of presents to get for people, and tried hot chocolate. All that's left is Christmas biscuits and also having a Christmas day, but I was wondering if you had anything to add onto that?"

~
The Gryffindor beamed at her when she saw his friend smile. It felt like the best feeling ever as waves of pride rushed through his body because he was the reason the blue haired girl was smiling. Even if the smile was a small one, Alan instantly picked up on it and mirrored it by one of his smiles that challenged star for brightness.

”I will tell you if someone ever starts to be mean to me! At least if they bother me too much because like… I can deal with a bit of anger from their side and if I just don't pay them attention they might stop themself…” he shrugged with a cheeky smile. He did not want to bring Elena in trouble just because he could not defend himself.

Her question made him think. ”Don't forget to put out food stations for birds! With seeds and stuff because it is more difficult for them to find food. I asked our house elf to do it this year because I am not at Vanes Manor to do it myself…” he explained to her before he continued thinking. ”Hot baths are also always nice with scented stuff and bubbles! Then decorating a Christmas tree!”

*Alan*

Elena managed to keep her smile in place, although after finding out Alan preferred to try and ignore the bullies first, she wondered how many people had actually hurt the kid, Elena decided she probably didn't want to know, "Smart plan. I don't know why anyone would want to be mean to you though."

She nodded and pulled out a little journal, she flicked through all her entries until she got to the Christmas list, "Food stations for birds, good idea. Hot baths, that sounds nice! Decorating the Christmas tree, I'll have to try and do that! Thanks Alan, I hadn't even thought of these."

She beamed at him, for some reason the dream of decorating the Christmas tree came back again. A part of her wondered again who else was there, but she couldn't really tell. At least she knew for sure Alan was there, it made this all so much sweeter, the idea that Christmas was going to be real for once, with real friends.

"Thanks so much for helping me out!" Elena started putting her clothes in the trunk, "I've never been outside of London before coming here, so I just had no idea at all what to bring with me!"

~
The brunette would just give her a small smile, when she mentioned that she could not understand why someone would even want to pick on him. A sigh escaped him.

”You know… sometimes people just do mean things because they are angry with themselves-” he said this without any hint of judgement in his voice. His father had taught him to watch out for people like them and that he should just ignore them or grow strong enough to fight back. He had to either fight back or make sure not to dig his hole deeper and knowing himself fighting back was not the best choice.

He was just happy that he could help a friend out in this kind of situation. ”Our Christmas tree still will need decorating when we come back, my aunt said she would wait to uphold the tradition, you know? That's nice and I cannot wait to hear Brannon play the guitar again” he chirped happily his eyes giving off a faint shine of excitement as he beamed at the younger girl.

”Want me to just… you know-” the young buy pulled out the wand from his holster and made a long sweeping motion over Elena's clothes and bag, ”Pack!”

Having casted the spell successfully the clothes began to fold themselves and disappear into the luggage. He knew he learned the spell around summer so he was pretty sure she couldn't cast it yet and that this might help her so she did not have to do everything the Muggle way.

*Alan*

"They should be taught a lesson in manners." Elena mumbled to herself, the idea that someone was taking their emotions out on someone else instead of working on them annoyed her. She'd had it much worse than most of these kids could worry about, and they really should assume Alan had friends much scarier than him, if not they may need a demonstration. If anyone ever did hurt him of course.

"Sounds awesome Alan!" Elena beamed at him, "I'm already really excited about Christmas, thanks for adding to my list. Sounds like a lot of fun."

Elena watched wide eyed as her clothing just folded itself away, magic was still interesting, and the idea that something as basic as packing could be well, automated by magic was absolutely fascinating, also made her wonder about whether or not the wizarding community was too reliant on it, "Wow. Thanks Alan!"

She closed up the trunk then ran to give Alan another hug, this time Elena ignored all the thoughts running through her head about being alone. It was easier somehow if she did it quickly, although she wasn't sure why.

The idea of over reliance on magic swirled through Elena's head again, it reminded her oddly much of something she'd once seen in a comic book. Dr Strange and Loki had their powers stripped away, and Loki just punched Dr Strange through a wall. One used magic as a tool, but would leave it if it was unnecessary, the other was entirely reliant on magic. The moral of the story is to make sure you're dangerous no matter what you're using.