Classroom

Register
Sign in
  Back

Study Group  PV with Ivy and Vivienne   Closed 

"I have an idea! We should form a study group and do our homework together! What do you think?” Vivienne suggested her green eyes pleading for them to say yes. As normal Carmen could tell that Ivy was not listening, that girl would never survive a day as the daughter of Justine Ó hAilmhic.
Carmen thought to herself. Oh well, there were probably plenty of things that Carmen could not survive, being put in Ivy's position. If Carmen's intuition was correct Ivy was artistic in some kind of way though whether that be sports, music, art, or academics she did not know.
Carmen was half-listening to Vivienne as she continued. Her ears taking in the sound but her brain elsewhere, she could go and play it back later. When Vivienne stopped Carmen took a second to think about what she had heard again.
”We can meet every day around this time, unless you guys are busy, and help each other with homework!” Carmen became nervous about the idea. Ivy's quiet nature had made it impossible for Carmen to analyze her, see what kind of person she was. Was she the kind of girl who would think Carmen being a Ravenclaw meant she would do all of Ivy's homework or was she like Vivienne kind and sweet.
"I'm up to that," Carmen said giving Vivienne a warm smile, was that the first time she had let Vivienne see her smile, she didn't know but something told Carmen it would make the girl very happy to know that Carmen liked her very much. She had already decided that she would definitely make sure to get all of her homework done before coming to the actual Study Group. There was absolutely no way that Carmen could get anything done while in the same room as Vivienne.
Vivienne said a few more things before dancing and singing as she exited the old classroom. Ivy followed a few seconds later.
Carmen was excited at the idea of this Study Group. Her mother Justine had made her analyze people and determine what kind of person someone was based off how they dressed, spoke, held themselves, and of course, acted. It was like a sort of game, Ivy was her game, something to dissect and discover.
She didn't mind being late to dinner so she sat back down at a table. In fact, she would just skip dinner and go back to her dorm after she left the classroom. She pulled out her old journal and skipped through the pages to try and find a new blank one. Her second mother Angelica, whom Carmen sometimes called Angel Mother, had known German. This was the only language that Carmen learned that her mother Justine had not taught her and was not fluent in. So naturally knowing that Angelica would not go through her personal journal while Justine would, Carmen had written the whole thing in German.
Carmen reached a blank page and took out her quill and ink. There was not a reason to write in German since Justine was not here to read what the journal had to say but Carmen felt weird putting her own personal thoughts and observations in her origin language. She would definitely not write in French in case Ivy weirdly managed to get a hold of it and then start thinking Carmen was some creepy stalker.
Oh, she had just the perfect language for this page, similar to her native toungue but not quite the same.
Notaichean air Ivy Arnette
chan eil fèin-mhisneachd ann
ealain ann an cruth air choreigin
an dàrna cuid gun draoidheachd a rugadh bho fhuil-bheairtean
is e hufflepuff
na èisdeachd uabhasach
Tha an t-slighe gu math fada
èibhinn
chan eil eadar-obrachadh sòisealta a 'tighinn gu nàdarra
She closed the book, that was enough observations for one day. She didn't bother making Vivienne a page, the girl was an open book. She left the classroom and started to make her way back to the Ravenclaw dorm.

Reducio
Translate one line of Carmen's journal or tell me what language she wrote in and then I will share the whole page with you. No answer or incorrect answer and no translation. Carmen likes to write in different languages so she will write in a few different ones. Each language has a color. Hint:
The language is the result of a mix of three languages combined.

Carmen Halloway

Reducio
google translate says
“Notes on Ivy Arnette
there is no self-confidence
art in some form
either without magic born from blood organisms
is hufflepuff
a great listener
The route is very long
funny
social interaction does not come naturally”

Honestly, why do people judge? People need to learn to accept. To look past race, gender, age, sexuality, and appearances. To be open-minded. To give people a chance. To rid their hearts of hate and learn to love others for who they are. That is my wish.

Reducio
Excellent 10 imaginary points to Hufflepuff, most is correct. I will post the translation later.

Carmen Halloway

Reducio
I translated it from detect language to English. I let it decide what language it was. Then I copy/pasted the translation

Honestly, why do people judge? People need to learn to accept. To look past race, gender, age, sexuality, and appearances. To be open-minded. To give people a chance. To rid their hearts of hate and learn to love others for who they are. That is my wish.

Carmen pushed open the door to the classroom, she was the first one here. She sat down near the window again and checked to make sure she had done all of her homework. She frowned, she had forgotten to do her Herbology homework her least favorite subject. She stuffed the papers back into her bag, she would do it later. Till then she would read, she pulled out one of her books about muggles. This one was called, A Day in Ancient Rome. It was about muggle culture in Ancient Rome and it was written by a muggle. She flipped open to the place she had stopped at last and started to read again. This chapter was about the difference between female and male education.
Life in Ancient Rome Page 42
Boys will stay at home until age five and then start going to school. At school, they will learn to read, write, and all about the different trades.
Girls will always stay home with their mother and learn to cook, clean, play instruments and be a good wife...
Life in Ancient Rome Page 65
If the husband does not want the child then the infant will be left in the street to die. It will either die of the heat, starve to death, be run over by a carriage, or if lucky slaves will take it in and raise it and it too will become a slave.
Carmen frowned this was even worse than the chapter about Pompeii. As she closed the book she heard the door open and saw [Either Vivienne or Ivy] walk in.

Carmen Halloway
  Back