Classroom

Register
Sign in
  Back

Study Group  PV with Ivy and Vivienne   Closed 

Carmen walked into the empty classroom. Finally, some peace and quiet to get some studying done. She sat down at a table at the far side of the classroom by a window and set her bag down. Staring out the window she could see brooms zoom over the Quidditch field. The red and gold uniform of the players told her they were Gryffindor. No wonder Gryffindor was in the lead and winning the most house points, she had seen their Quidditch team practicing out on the field almost every day that week. If only her own house's team Ravenclaw had that type of dedication.
She pulled her books out and stared at each one. Where to begin? She had found Herbology the hardest and most boring subject so far and decided to start with that homework. She groaned as she flipped through the seemingly endless homework. Maybe she should have asked one of the other students in her house for help, they were Ravenclaws for a reason after all.
Carmen pulled out her quill, ink, and a roll of parchment paper and got to work. After she was an hour in the door to the almost empty classroom opened and another girl walked in.

Carmen Halloway

Vivienne danced into the classroom to do her homework. She had brought a few sugar quills with her.
She saw another girl in there doing herbology homework. The friendly Hufflpuff waved enthusiastically. ”Hi! How are you? What’s your name?” she asked the girl a lot of questions. She realized she might be disturbing the girl’s studying so she apologized. ”Sorry if I disturbed your studying.”

Vivienne got out her own homework and began doing it. She put a sugar quill in her mouth. She bounced up and down on her chair as she struggled to concentrate on her homework. She groaned and put her head on the desk. She didn’t mind school, but she always had trouble concentrating on homework. She finished answering the question she was on put down her (real) quill. ”I can’t concentrate!” she complained.

Vivienne got up and started dancing. Her dance was slow and simple, but beautiful to watch. When she finished that dance she began another one. This one was a little complicated, but beautiful once you get it.

When Vivienne was finished dancing, she sat back down and went back to her homework. She sighed as she picked up her (real) quill and started writing.

Honestly, why do people judge? People need to learn to accept. To look past race, gender, age, sexuality, and appearances. To be open-minded. To give people a chance. To rid their hearts of hate and learn to love others for who they are. That is my wish.

"Hi! How are you? What’s your name?” Carmen stuttered over her words. She was overwhelmed by this girl's loud personality. Not only was it that, the girl's hair was blue, purple, and pink yet put with her soft and delicate facial features it didn't overwhelm Carmen but instead made her feel a bit happier.
Finally finding her voice Carmen introduced herself. "I'm Carmen." but the girl was not paying attention she had gotten out her own homework and was answering or rather trying to answer the questions. One of her hands held her quill while the other had a sugar quill pointed into her mouth. Carmen turned back to her own homework and resumed.
Less than what seemed like a minute the rainbow-haired girl hopped lightly out of her chair and began to dance. Carmen could not tell if she should be amused by the girl's dancing or upset that the girl had interrupted her peace and quiet.
After a few minutes the girl sat down again and Carmen grudgingly continued her homework. She hadn't enough courage to confront her, especially since it she seemed oblivious to Carmen's annoyance. So she tried to ignore the interrupting that the girl was causing and went back to finishing her Herbology homework.
After she was done with that she continued onto one of her favorite subjects, Transfiguration. She was in the middle of calculating a math equation when the girl remarked quite loudly, "I can't concentrate!" Carmen frowned, And I can't concentrate with you dancing and yapping your mouth off! Carmen thought as she started the equation over again. She wished the girl would just be quiet.

Carmen Halloway

Ivy quietly walked into the classroom, hanging her head so that hopefully no one would notice her. Her eyesight following her feet, she sat down at a random table. She quickly looked up to see a girl with multi-colored hair working on a problem, a sugar quill in her mouth.

"I can't concentrate!" the girl yelled.

Ivy winced at her loud tone. She turned her head to see another girl trying to do her homework. Ivy pulled out a book and started to read since she had already finished her homework beforehand. Ivy opened up 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', one of her all-time favorites She started to read, her eyes flitting from paragraph to paragraph. The idea of so many animals she had never seen before excited her.

Ivy sighed and remembered a time where she saw a Pheonix fly over her head, dropping a feather. She had made that feather into a hairpin and she wore it most of the time. She pulled out the feather and neatly put it in her hair, smiling as the feather warmed her scalp. She flipped through the pages, hoping to find a page about the Pheonix.

Ivy's eyes moved slightly in the direction of the blonde haired girl. She looked at what type of homework she was doing, curious if it was the same homework that she had done.

"Transfiguration?" she whispered to herself

Make your dreams a reality~

Great... Another one. she thought as another girl walked. Carmen gave a soft sigh one so quiet no one would hear. But this one didn't seem as bad as the rainbow-haired girl. She just silently sat down at the table and pulled out a book.
She wondered if she should introduce herself but she didn't want to break the silence and make an awkward situation. Plus judging what she had seen of the rainbow-haired girl so far she was bound to introduce herself soon and then Carmen would get a chance to find out both of their names.
She thought it would be easy to remember since she only knew three other names Phaedra Ravenclaw's perfect and the person Carmen had been following around so she wouldn't get lost, Valerie the girl she had met and played chess against in the Ravenclaw Lock-In that she had only signed up for because Phaedra was going, and lastly Professor Blackburn the only teacher she remembered because of her first charms lesson when he made his pet tarantula the size of a student. Out of these three people she had only actually talked to Valerie when explaining the origins of her name and losing her mind and asking to be friends.
She had not really talked to Phaedra though on the first day when she had followed Phaedra and signed up for the same dorm she had told the whole dorm Phaedra included not to touch her cat because he bites.

Carmen Halloway

Reducio
I can't RP tonight. I have something saved in drafts but it's not quite done yet. I would appreciate if you didn't continue without me plz

Honestly, why do people judge? People need to learn to accept. To look past race, gender, age, sexuality, and appearances. To be open-minded. To give people a chance. To rid their hearts of hate and learn to love others for who they are. That is my wish.

Reducio
Of course. We won't continue until you tell us you're available. That could be posting again or sending us an owl.

Carmen Halloway

Reducio
Turns out I have time to finish

Vivienne looked at Carmen and saw she was annoyed. ”I’m sorry if I annoyed you by my dancing. I tried not to. I refrained from singing.” she apologized. ”And I wasn’t even talking that much. I usually talk a lot more than this— oh...I guess I’m still annoying you? Sorry!”

She went back to her homework. After a while she finished it. She got out a book and started reading it. She noticed another girl walk in and get out a book. She waved enthusiastically at the other girl. "Yay! Two new friends!" Vivienne exclaimed. "I'm Vivienne! Sorry if. I come off as annoying. I don't try to be. I'm just overly friendly and I say everything inside my head. I love sugar, cats, glitter, rainbows, and unicorns. I'm also easily distracted. What's that book you're reading?" Vivienne pointed to the book the other girl was reading. "It looks interesting."

Vivienne was glad she had two new possible friends. The overly friendly Hufflepuff loved making new friends.

Vivienne twirled her colorful hair as she went back to reading her book. She wasn't entirely focused on the book, though, as she was waiting for an answer.

She looked up from the book and asked, ”So what are your names?

Ivy looked up from her book, taken aback at how outgoing this person was. They must be a Hufflepuff, who else would start singing and dancing all of a sudden? She set her book down lightly, moved her bangs away from her eyes and responded to the Hufflepuff's question.

"I'm Ivy, and the book I'm reading is Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," she replied, her voice cracking just a wee bit.

Flustered, Ivy took the feather out of her hair and started to fiddle with it. Ivy had a bad habit of fiddling with things when she was nervous or embarrassed, and in this case, it was a little bit of both. She usually fiddled with soft things like feathers or cloth.

Ivy looked at the girl again and saw her multicolor hair. She saw it when she first sat down, but looking at it again, she saw how pretty it was. She put the Pheonix feather back in her hair and got out a sketchbook. She started to sketch the Hufflepuff's hair and face, just in case she could use her features in the future. Ivy rummaged through her bag, trying to find her coloring utensils.

"Darnit! I must've left them at my dorm," she sighed and put the sketchbook back in the bag. She'd have to color it later

Her whole opinion of the rainbow-haired girl changed when she apologized. Carmen could tell she had meant it, maybe a bit too much. The girl was clearly just as kind as she was out-going.
"I'm Vivienne! Sorry if. I come off as annoying. I don't try to be. I'm just overly friendly and I say everything inside my head. I love sugar, cats, glitter, rainbows, and unicorns. I'm also easily distracted. What's that book you're reading?" the rainbow-haired Vivienne said.
She could see shock at Vivienne's flamboyant personality in the black-haired girl's eyes. Carmen smiled, she knew she would never meet someone else that was quite like Vivienne.
"So what are your names?" Vivienne asked after saying something that she had not heard.
Before Carmen could respond, the black haired girl spoke. "I'm Ivy, and the book I'm reading is Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," Carmen raised an eyebrow as Ivy introduced herself. She had a French accent similar to Valerie's but different it seemed to have elements of another accent mixed in and telling from the girl's very obvious Asian heritage maybe it was a certain Asian accent though the French sound of the accent was definitely more dominant.
"I'm Carmen." her voice crescendoed starting quiet but finding some strength so that the other two girls could at least hear her.
"Darnit! I must've left them at my dorm," Ivy complained as she stuffed a sketchbook back in her bag. Carmen felt a bit angry that the girl had not made any effort to even pay attention to Carmen as she had introduced herself, but let it go knowing it was not that big of a deal.
Reducio
Hey Nat remember to write like you're talking with a French accent
hey Nat vremever to vrite like yvou're talking vwith a french accent

Carmen Halloway

Reducio
I would, but I thought that would make it hard for everyone else to read.

As Ivy put her sketchbook back, she heard the girl sitting next to her say her name. Ivy looked at Vivienne and then at Carmen. She never liked awkward silence, but she never knew how to break it. Since they were in Hogwarts now, Ivy guessed she could ask the dumb question that no one seemed to ask.

"So, what houses are you guys from?" she asked, trying not to stutter.

Ivy took a deep breath and took her feather out again. As she twirled the feather in her fingers, she looked around the classroom. Her mind seemed to drift off back to Paris. She saw the Eifel Tower lighting up as the sun dipped over the horizon. She seemed to stand a mile in front of it, looking at it as it were a huge magnificent creature.

"Mommy look! It's lighting up!" a girl laughed with joy.

Ivy turned her head to see a younger version of herself with her mother. She stared in awe at how outgoing and loud her young self was. She was surprised that she wasn't hugging her mother's leg.

"Yes, it is, my little ivy-flower. And one day, just like that tower, you'll light up this city and the people in it"

"You really think so?"

"Yes. Yes, I do,"

Ivy blinked back to the present, looking at the other girls for their response. Or have they already responded? Ivy blinked, embarrassed. She usually never daydreamed in the middle of a conversation. But now that she thought about it, was this really a conversation? Or was it more like awkward small talk? Either way, Ivy was ashamed she drifted off right after she asked a question.

"Well, I guess I'll go first then... I'm a Hufflepuff," she muttered, just loud enough for the other girls to hear her.

After both Ivy and Carmen had introduced themselves, Ivy asked, “So what houses are you guys from? I guess I’ll go first then.....I’m a Hufflepuff.”

”I’m a Hufflepuff!!” Vivienne exclaimed with a sugar quill in her mouth. She had other kinds of candy in her secret stash (shh!) but all she had brought were sugar quills.
”The sorting hat had barely touched my head when it said Hufflepuff.”

Vivienne got up and did a dance more lively than the other two. This one included step-touches and butterflies. She hummed “Hakuna Matata” as she did the dance. Vivienne danced and danced.

She sat back down and got her homework back out. ”I forgot to do something,” she explained. She got out a big bottle of rainbow glitter glue and decorated her homework with it. ”There! All done! Now it just needs to dry.” Vivienne, now covered in glitter, set the paper aside to dry before putting it back in her bag. If she didn’t, the glitter would smear!

”Anyone elapse want their paper glitterfied?” she asked. She sort of hoped that they would say no, though, since it was kind of her thing. ”Don't use too much glitter, though. It’s kind of my thing.” Vivienne finished decorating the rest of her papers with glitter and set them all aside to dry.

"What houses are you guys from?" Ivy asked. She had to play the question over a few times in her head to actually understand what she was saying through that thick French accent. It would have been easier if she just spoke in French then Carmen would be able to understand her much better but of course Ivy didn't know that Carmen knew French and Carmen didn't even know if Vivienne knew French either. Ivy continued to speak.
She noticed that Ivy had drifted off for a few seconds. This girl was even worse than Carmen at socializing. She didn't even know that was possible. Ivy snapped back into reality and followed by answering her own question. "Well, I guess I'll go first then... I'm a Hufflepuff,"
"I'm a Hufflepuff!" Vivienne exclaimed. No surprise there. Carmen thought to herself with a small chuckle of amusementWhat other house could Vivienne possibly be in, definitely not Slytherin.
That girl wouldn't hurt a fly if her life depended on it.
After Vivienne had finished talking she and Ivy turned to look at Carmen waiting for her answer.
"Oh, I'm Ravenclaw," she said a bit nervously, though she didn't know why she was nervous. Luckily the moment of awkward silence ended as Vivienne got up and started dancing singing something like "akuta mota." She looked over at Ivy and saw that she was just as confused as Carmen was. But Carmen decided to just let Vivienne be Vivienne, so she smiled and a gave a little giggle as the girl spun through the air her colorful air swinging beautifully as she danced.
Suddenly she stopped. "I forgot to do something!" she said racing back over to the table. She pulled out her DADA homework and a colorful bottle. Carmen gaped as she poured glitter along the homework.
"Are you sure Professor Scheinberg will um... be ok with that?" she asked but Vivienne didn't seem to care.
"Anyone elapse want their paper glitterfied? Don't use too much glitter, though. It’s kind of my thing." Carmen quickly shook her head. She wasn't going to risk getting a bad grade just because she wanted her homework to look pretty. She was pretty sure that Professor Scheinberg wasn't the professor to push buttons with either. If somebody wanted to do that then they should try Professor Blackburn.
Carmen looked up at the clock. Her eyes widened it was almost time for dinner. She should be getting back to the Ravenclaw common room soon so she could drop off her stuff before making her way to the Great Hall.
Reducio
Vivienne, if we're going to make a study group I think you should be the one to propose the idea you are the most outgoing

Carmen Halloway

Carmen shook her head at the glitterfying. ”Whatever,” Vivienne said. ”More glitter for me!”

”I have an idea! We should form a study group and do our homework together! What do you think?” Vivienne liked this idea. It would make homework less boring. They could help each other on homework. ”We can meet everyday around this time, unless you guys are busy, and help each other with homework!”

Vivienne looked at the time and realized it was almost time for dinner. ”It’s almost time for dinner!” she said. ”We can talk about this more later. Hey Ivy, do you want to sit together at dinner? I would ask you too, Carmen, but you’re not in our house.” Vivienne frowned. This was the problem with having friends in other houses– you couldn’t sit together at meals. Vivienne didn’t get to talk to her best friend Thalia much since Vivienne was a Hufflepuff and Thalia was a Ravenclaw. They talked whenever possible, but still not as much as she liked. Vivienne also didn’t have many Hufflepuff friends. Vivienne didn’t care about house when making friends, but having friends in your own house meant you got to see them more often.

”I’m going to get my stuff together and go to dinner.” she said. Vivienne put her papers, which were now dry, in her bag. She grabbed her bag and skipped out of the room singing “Finale.”
”Busa le lizwebo, busa le lizwebo, busa le lizwebo, busa lom hla ba...”

Ivy was a little surprised at Vivienne's request. No one had ever asked her to eat lunch with them. Ivy looked down at her feather, still being twirled around by her thumbs. She looked at Vivienne and her beautiful hair.

"Um, I guess so," she responded shyly. She would never get used to others taking to her.

She put her book away and put her feather back in her hair. She looked around the classroom again, not hearing Vivienne suggesting a study group. She looked back at Vivienne, hope glittering in her eyes. Ivy realized that Vivienne had asked a question.

"Oh, uhm, sure... that sounds... great," she replied, hoping she didn't just agree to something that she would definitely say no to.

Ivy stood up, stretched her arms and back, and put her bag on her shoulder.

"I'll, uhm, meet you at dinner,"

And with that she hurried off, hoping she didn't offend one of the two girls. Especially the Ravenclaw. She heard from her sisters that they were as mean as Slytherin and that they'd bully any Hufflepuff that got in their way.

"Toi idiot! Vous avez probablement juste fait un ennemi sur l'un des premiers jours de l'école!" she hissed at herself.

Reducio
Translation: You idiot! You probably just made an enemy on one of the first days of school!

Back