Classroom

Register
Sign in
  Back

A Rancid Surprise  PV Evelyn Moore   Closed 

Emma had her gloves prepared. When she handled Dungbombs, she knew that these things carried an unappetizing odor that would most likely stay, for a while. She was way too familiar with the set up of pranks, most involving a paper that disappeared after a certain amount of like, almost like Leprechaun gold.  She had used this same prank on one of her Muggle friends, though he wasn't able to tell the difference between an "exploding fart gun" and a Dungbomb. A slice of her felt a bit sorry for the girl or boy that was going to have to wash off the putrid dung.

As she held the brown circle of disgust, she heard footsteps down the corridor. Her legs ached from the constant squatting of her knees. It would have been more comfortable to sit, but how was she going to make her escape then? Maybe if I sit down for a bit... No, don't do that, even though your legs fill like they're on fire, don't. The brunette questioned on and on with herself, considering herself an inadequately bit demented.

Maybe someone had received the note she had implanted in the Great Hall, but sure enough, footsteps drew near. It wasn't hard for her to hear, considering she was squatting, her back on the wall that also held the door in place. Closer and closer her heart started to race, she would strike yet till the person was dazed due to the 'empty' room.

Emma forcefully stopped her loud breathing, though it was hard. Her legs went numb and she was sure that if she were to run, she would have stood no chance with her unstable legs. Shutting her mouth, she was forced to breathe normally. Any day now, dude. I can't feel my legs... She would also be taking a long shower after this.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
"When nothing goes right, go left."
Poison Resistance || Binding Mark || Prodigal Transfig. Learner

Evelyn had gotten a note while eating at the great hall. More specifically she sat on a note, after reading it she assumed it was for somebody else and had been blown over by wind or one of the owls who periodically crashed dinner. So she had taken it up on herself to tell whoever was waiting at the location that she had accidentally gotten it instead of the intended recipient.

Still, she had to wait until after eating to go as the time wasn't specified she decided to go as soon as possible. It would be rude to leave them waiting. By consequence she didn't end up changing out of her herbology robes like she normally does at the end of the day whenever she has the class. Instead she ended up walking down the halls to find the room with her skin slightly itchy from the minerals and dirt.

Evelyn entered the room expecting something or someone to be there but there wasn't anybody. Which was fine, she was probably just early. But after a few minute she began to feel a sense of dread build up. Something that shouldn't have happened considering she was standing in the middle of an empty room and out of danger. So she peeked her head outside of the door and looked around to see if anybody was walking down the halls.

Evelyn Moore
Stam: 5 Con: 12 Ag: 8 Str: 5

As Emma watched feet entered the room, she held her breath, the two dungbombs held inside of her hand. She watched as the feet walked into the center of the room, clearly puzzled by the absence of life inside of the room. Not now, just wait... She told herself as watched the girl walk back to the door. As she walked by, she got a taste of dirt, and it didn't taste appealing. 

With the wanderer inches away from her, it made Emma wonder if she should just set off the bombs and face the consequences. Maybe with her head out the doorway, she could set them off, but then she'd still get hit. She didn't have much of a choice, other than to run to the back of the room, risking exposure to the girl who still looked pretty puzzled.

Without warning, she stood up silently, though she was sure she had just popped a bone in her knee. She continued to creep to the back of the room. The blue doctor gloves on her hand smelled worse than ever, she was a bit surprised she hadn't smelled them. Maybe it was because she had just come from the Herbology greenhouse, there was no doubt.

As the brunette threw the dungbombs, she crouched down once again, though sure that the girl who had just received the blow was looking around the room. As the bombs erupted with a fizz, Emma could have sworn she saw a faint brown smoke above it. It could have been gray if she had squinted her eyes enough. What she wouldn't have done for an invisibility cloak...

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

She returned to the room paced around. Evelyn was nearly ready to leave and call it a day when she heard the creaking of the floor boards. Mice maybe? It was the likely option so she ignored the sound. At least until it was accompanied by a foul smell. Her nose wrinkled yet she rationalized that the castle was old and the room probably hasn't been used in a while.

When something hit against her shoe she nearly jumped out of them. Brown smoke lazily swirled out of the brown ball. She wasn't familiar with pranks but the professors had posted a list of contraband items and this looked eerily familiar to a dung bomb. Heck no, she's not going down that easily.

Evelyn kicked it back the way she came and lurched out the door. She stumbled against the wall opposite to the door frame and coughed. The smell was still clinging to her robes. Her poor scarf, she didn't want to imagine how many times she would have to wash it to get the smell out.

She glared at the offending object from a safe distance. What a weird joke to play on somebody! The smoke didn't seem to be in any hurry to come out of the room but she wasn't taking any chances.
Reducio
I'm sorry for not posting right away, I thought I was recieving notifications and was wrong. I'll make sure it wont happen again!

Evelyn Moore

Emma covered her mouth to refrain her laughing, it couldn't have been better. Though she didn't think about her escape. She watched as the brown toxic-like gas fill the room, as she saw the girl leave quickly, she quickly trailed behind her. She was ready to face whatever was coming, but she knew she deserved it, after that terrible stunt she just pulled.

Running behind the girl, she shut the door shortly after the Hufflepuff had disappeared. Coughing a bit, she started down the hallway in which she knew she'd eventually run into the same girl. She knew that it would eventually come back to her, but she was going to try and stall her as long as she could. Her plan? It was simple, actually. The Ravenclaw was going to try and decieve her, as long as she could, well before admitting that it was actually her.

The brunnette ran up to her, and decided to speak first, actually not embarrassed off what might of happened next. "Wow, are you okay? I saw you run out from that classroom." Emma looked down at the same classroom in which she too had come from. She hastened to make up something about her ghastly smell, just in case she asked.

Reducio
It's fine, don't worry out it. And which RP would we call our "first encounter"?

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Evelyn was regaining her sense of smell when she became aware of shuffling behind her. She turned around to see a ravenclaw with the same smell clinging to her that had offended her nose. Still she doubted that the girl was perpetrator of the rancid prank. She didn't think that the offenders were suppose to check up on their victims after dropping a dung bomb on them. So Evelyn replied honestly.

"Got skunked! They better be a ghost because otherwise there going to wish they were one" She huffed a bit heatedly, she was still disgruntled about the act but the threat was an empty one. Because she wasn't a very strong person the most she would do would probably force them to help with her laundry.

Then again she didn't like others messing with her clothes. So maybe just knowing who the person was would probably be enough. But she didn't want to isolate the kind ravenclaw like she was doing now. "I guess that would be a bit harsh though! I'm Evelyn, encase you didn't know, though I think I've seen you around before. Your hair is very distinct and lush so it would be hard to forget!"

Reducio
I think this could be one of our earlier meetings or the first?

Evelyn Moore

Reducio
This is going to be bad, sorry in advance!

"I guess that would be a bit harsh though! I'm Evelyn, encase you didn't know, though I think I've seen you around before. Your hair is very distinct and lush so it would be hard to forget!" Emma blushed slightly, it was a bit hard to stay competitive. She was already so nice, the Ravenclaw didn't think she'd had it in her to admit.

"Aww, you're so nice." Though something clicked in her head, replaying over and over again. They better be a ghost because otherwise there going to wish they were one. Emma was not going to admit to her, not after the compliment she had just given her. 

She shouldered the bag that was full of books. She had to admit, she was starting to get herself caught in a tangle of lies. Multiple scenarios filled her head by the second, but all them boomeranged right back to her. Emma wasn't going to ask the question 'who do you think did it', that'd be way to obvious. She wasn't going to ask where she had just come from, that was also a bit obvious. 

"Are you planning on getting them back, I mean you have to." The brunette said, this seemed a bit easier to say. It had passed her mental security system, but something told her she should have taken it when she had the chance.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

She wasn't very keen on how other people worked but knew well enough that blushing was positive. So she continued with her positive demeanor because of the warm reception. The girl seemed to be lost in thought for a bit. Which Evelyn didn't mind, instead she let her be. Emma shouldered her bag back onto her shoulder before she decided to speak.

"Are you planning to get them back? I mean you have to." Evelyn considered her statement. She already thought about that, but if they wanted to she guessed they could do something.

"I can't really imagine doing anything. I thought about making them help with the laundry but I don't want people touching my clothes. If they wanted to I would fight them though! Even if i'm not really strong I think I could knock them out in fisticuffs. I mean, somebody pulling pranks can't be to confident in themselves can they? So they're probably not really adept either! Did you want to help?"

Evelyn shifted her stance to be more comfortable. Her leaning against the wall got tiring after a bit. Emma seemed lost in thought, maybe she was already thinking through plans? If she had an idea Evelyn wouldn't be opposed. That's why she offered after all. The girl seemed to eager to seek justice. What a nice person!

Evelyn Moore

That was it, there was no getting out of what Emma had just gotten herself tied up into. As long as Evelyn led the way, she'd be okay... for the most part. She watched as the girl considered her offer. She spoke about making 'them' do her laundry and about fighting. Did she mean dueling or a full-on fist fight? She was sure both of them were illegal. 

"Isn't fighting... well prohibited? I doubt they'd like to fight anyways." Emma shrugged as the words rolled off her tongue. "Oooh, duel, prank, or fight?" She smiled widely, "the choice is yours, then we'll go find the prankster."

The Ravenclaw considered the thought of helping Evelyn, and of course, the only answer she could come up with was 'of course'. She nodded her head quickly with a smile, as she fought back the war of thoughts going on inside of her head. Once again, she had just been called 'not adept' and unconfident, which she had to admit the last one was true.

Her general understanding of stereotyped groups made her wonder if she was also a prankster. She seemed so vengeful, yet to Emma, it was tolerably great. Thinking back to duels, she wondered if she had learned any spells that she could use. Maybe for a practice duel to learn her fighting style.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

For a fleeting second she noticed something pass through Emma's features, but it was so out of place that Evelyn assumed she was imaging it. At least she was right! Emma had all kinds of ideas. Which she systematically considered one by one.

Emma was right, they probably wouldn't want to fight. She didn't know anything yet that she'd be confident to use in duels. And if she wasn't sure in what she was doing then it wouldn't work. Nothing more embarrassing then failing a simple spell. That would leave the last option, pranking them. It would be a bit hypocritical but she supposed that a prank war would be fun. That is what it would turn into after all. Revenge after revenge after revenge.

She said as much "You make it seem like fun! We can prank them then. It'll probably turn into a prank war though wouldn't it? But that's fine, i'm sure you have ideas on what to do right? We'd need to find the person first. Are we getting ahead of ourselves then? Or is it good to plan ahead? You know about this stuff right Emma?" Evelyn fired question after question at Emma. "I'm not sure about it myself because I've never really done anything like this myself. The pranking I mean, not the stalking in hopes of revenge. That's easy."

Evelyn Moore

What have I just gotten myself into... Emma thought as Evelyn ranted questions to her, expecting answers. Emma grew a bit suspicious, maybe she had found out. She was pelting questions at her in an odd way, or maybe just passionately. Either way, she was happy to have grown close to her. It made her wonder if things would still be the same if she had admitted to her, would they go from friends to frenemies?

The Ravenclaw imagined her face when she broke the news to her. Would she run expecting another prank, or laugh perhaps? Or maybe they could actually organize something, like sophisticated people? Both of them were acceptable in her book, though she didn't want to be feared, not more than she wanted to in a crowd full of people. Never would she be seen going Black Friday shopping with her Muggle mother, it was so easy to get lost.

Emma laughed as she was thrown not one, or two, but multiple, at least five questions. She continued to listen as Evelyn spoke about the prank war, something like the one she had been hoping for. "One, prank wars are amazing. They never end until someone flakes. Two, I definitely have ideas, have you ever tried going to the shop... Weasley's Wizard Wheezes I believe it's called, and we aren't getting ahead of ourselves, you stalker." She laughed once more at her determination. 

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

They were going to do a prank war! She bounced on her toes, this was going to be super exciting! Two on one might be a little unfair but they'll probably get back up if they need it. Emma was just full of ideas! She hadn't heard of Weasely's Wizardly Weezes before but that was to be expected she assumed. It seemed like she had done a couple before though. Maybe she knew the prankster? Evelyn asked as much.

"You prank right? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about this kind of thing, maybe you know the prankster? It'll make things so much easier!" She strategically ignored the stalker comment. If she didn't bring it up then Emma might forget about that. No use trying to get a job at the ministry with a criminal record.

She has tons of good stories though. Evelyn decided that if she was asked that she'd talk about. First back their plotting. "Do you know where we should start? Maybe there's a black market sort of thing for gossip? It happens in the movies. Are movies accurate to real life? Breaking out suddenly into song sounds fun. I can see why people would do it at least."

Evelyn Moore

Emma nodded when she asked if she pranked, she couldn't say no. Asking if she pranked and knew the prankster were two different things, one making her very suspicious. Mhm, she knows. She thought to herself. 

"Do you know where we should start? Maybe there's a black market sort of thing for gossip? It happens in the movies. Are movies accurate to real life? Breaking out suddenly into song sounds fun." The Hufflepuff spoke as she recalled leaving a fantasy. Something like you would have seen in High School Musical or a Disney princess movie.

The Ravenclaw didn't have a spot to start. Where would they go when they were truly looking for herself? Naturally, she skipped this question. "Unless you mean the gigantic bulletin board on the ground floor, I have no idea. I don't really get into gossip that much, I was once involved in a bunch of girl drama at my old school. Worst mum pep talk ever." She shuddered slightly recalling her previous memory of her mother telling her she didn't need friends, like that anyway.

"I do prank, but how did you even get to that room? Also, I don't think I know them." She added to her statement, hoping to leave that part out, but it seemed the right thing to say. "I saw you walk out with a note, where'd you get it?" As Emma spoke, words came from her head. I should be a detective when I get older. 

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

"I saw you walk out with a note, where did you get it?" Emma was rather astute! She would've laughed if not because of the fact they were in the middle of a serious conversation. It was like one of those black and white movies that her mother adored. The one with the detectives.

"The note? Oh! I found it near where I usually sit. I thought the wind or one of the owls might've blown it over so I came to tell them that it had gotten lost and that they should probably try again. Getting stood up is the worst, you know? But the room was empty so I checked the corridor to see if people were coming. Then the next thing I know I was getting bombed! Maybe the person who sent the note sent another to change the time? That would make sense. I hope the smoke clears out though before they come."

She wrinkles her nose at the thought of somebody innocent to the impending prank war getting assaulted by the ungodly smell that was still permeating from the room. After her tirade she considered what they'd do in the prank war. With Emma's help she'll be able to do get back at the meanie.
Reducio
Heyo, decided to add this after a bit. The better house thread can be our first meeting if you agree. What order do you want the other threads to be in?

Evelyn Moore

"Maybe it wasn't blown by the wind or something, maybe another Hufflepuff did it?" Emma imitated the look of a detective when they stroked their chins. She didn't know if a beard was supposed to be there or not, but it sure helped getting her tangled in the web of lies that seemed impossible to get out of now. "What are the odds of the wind knocking it on a seat?"

She listened to Evelyn explain how she had been pranked. Even after she had finished she still felt a bit guilty. Looking back at the note she had placed, she wondered if it had been a good time to plant the note. It was a bit unusual that she could memorize every individual word she had scribbled down. What would have happened if the note would've ended up there minutes, maybe even hours later than she had expected? 

Curious, yet slightly worried about how vengeful she was, Emma asked her a question. She tried to put a bit of emphasis on it to make herself sound trustworthy. "Ooh, what are you planning on doing? I'm definitely in." She looked back at the door that was definitely not soundproof judging from the noticeable brown smog coming out of it.

Reducio
Yeah, I completely agree that The Better House should be first, then maybe this and then the Hidden Hallway. What do you think?

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
  Back