Classroom

Register
Sign in

Study Session  PV Colette Lancaster   Completed 

Kyden had set off from the Slytherin Common Room up to the fifth floor classroom. He had agreed to meet a fellow Slytherin and do some practice work with her.As he climbed the stairs up to their designated meeting place he thought to himself, "Why on earth did we agree to meet in a 5th floor classroom. After all we are both Slytherins. We could have meet in the Common Room." It was to late to change the meeting place know.

After what seemed like forever Kyden had reached the empty classroom. He walked inside and choose a table for them to work at that was in the middle of the classroom. It was in line with the door. The closer to the door the better. Kyden wanted to keep an eye out to make sure there was no mischief going on while they worked. 

He tossed his bag onto the table before pulling out a chair and taking a seat. He looked at the clock and then at the door. He was early, and his study partner was nowhere in sight for the time being. He dug into his bag and started to take out his books placing them neatly on the table. After that he checked the clock once more before pulling out some parchment paper and a quill. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes.

After what seemed like quite sometime he bolted upright as he heard footsteps. He looked at the clock and realized that 15 minutes had passed and it was now time for his study partner to meet him. He must have nodded off. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and looked at the door way just as he saw the Slytherin Girl appear in the doorway. He smiled and stood up, pulling a chair out for her. "How are you?" he asked.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

It was a genius plan. Lettie had worked hard to find a way to get "in" with one of the prefects, and finally, she had done it. Did she need help with her studying? Absolutely not. But did he need to know that? Definitely not. All that mattered is that she could get some solid one-on-one time with one of the more powerful people Hogwarts had to offer. She knew that this could do wonders for her Hogwarts career, and she was definitely not going to wait to get her foot in the door.

"Hello there!" Lettie greeted Kyden cheerfully with the most charming smile she could muster. "I'm wonderful. I'm just excited for the opportunity to learn from one of the best students at Hogwarts." she grinned. "How are you? I hope I'm not keeping you from anything too important." She knew that it was nothing more than a pleasantry, but it was only pleasantries that she needed for this interaction.

"Thank you," she said in a genuine tone, as she sat in the chair he had pulled out for her. She began opening her bag and pulling out her textbooks. She had brought one for each subject, just in case. However dumb and insignificant she had needed to make herself seem, she didn't want to seem ill-prepared on top of that. "So, where should we start?" she said cheerfully.

Lettie took careful notice of the way the boy's shaggy brown hair swept across his forehead. He was quite scrawny, but Lettie thought it be to endearing in a way. If nothing else, the boy certainly knew how to dress himself. Of course, she cared not what the boy looked like, but it certainly helped that he wasn't displeasing to look at.

❤ Lettie Lancaster ❤
Sta: 5 | Agi: 7 | Str: 1 | Ctrl: 6 | Arc: 6 | Acc: 5

Kyden watched the girl walk into the room and sit. He sat down next to her and looked over at her. She looked like a smart person. He found it hard to believe that she needed help in all the subjects. Although stranger things have happened. He always kept an open mind since becoming a prefect many of the Slytherins had started to become really friendly with him. Even the ones that used to to torment him.

"You can pick what we study first, I don't really mind. I think I do equally well at all subjects. So what ever you feel is your worst we can start there I suppose." He looked around the room while he waited for her to answer. The classroom was an odd looking class room. It was shaped oddly and from the outside it seemed much smaller than it really was. 

Kyden's mind began to wander while he waited for her reply. He had just found another secret passageway making his total of found secret passageways 8 of them. He wanted to explore in it more but time was not his friend and he had to abandoned the exploration to hurry on up here for this little study session. However he knew that right after this he was going right back to where he had left off.

Lettie hoped that she could make herself seem dumb enough to where he wouldn't catch on to her scheme, but smart enough that he wouldn't write her off completely. She could honestly care less which subject they studied, since she knew she was perfect at everything anyways and she doubted there was anything he could say to her that would make her feel differently.

"Hmmm..." Lettie placed a hand under her chin to mimic being deep in thought. "Well, I was a bit confused about Transfiguration this week," she said with a sigh, allowing her shoulders to slump slightly for dramatic effect. "I think my needle still had a strange sort of wooden look to it, you know?" The first years had been tasked with turning toothpicks into needles. While it was true that the first time Lettie had attempted the spell that her needle still had a bit of a rougher texture to it, the problem had sorted itself out once she made her second and third attempts. "How did yours turn out? Do you think you could help me?" she filled her gray eyes with false concern.

Without waiting for a reply, Lettie began rummaging through her bag for the bag of toothpicks she had picked out from the kitchens in preparation. She had thought Transfiguration to be a good pick, since she found it to be the most enjoyable, and she felt like she was at least decently good at it. She dumped the bag out on the table, then looked at Kyden with a charming grin. "I brought some toothpicks for us to use just in case."
Last edited by Colette Lancaster on 7th May 2018, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

❤ Lettie Lancaster ❤

Kyden suspected something wasn't right with Colette's story about needing help with classwork. He had seen her in some of the classes and she was very smart. He sighed. He didn't want to say anything and be wrong but something about this situation was off. "Um sure transfiguration. Okay sound's good. I did okay it only took 1 try really for me. I had it perfected by the second go at it." 

He sat there watching her pull out toothpicks. For somebody who wanted help she was pretty prepared. Most people he had offered his help to had been so ill prepared it was painful. Colette however was almost to prepared. It was at that moment Kyden decided to ask her. "So are you sure you really need help? I mean you seem pretty smart and all of us have a little trouble at first. Are you sure that I could really be of any assistance to you?

Kyden looked at her and waited for her answer. While he waited he pulled out his wand anyways. Just in the off chance that she did really need his help. He looked at the toothpicks and laughed softly. It wasn't that hard. Truthfully all it took to get it right was intense concentration.

So it had only taken Kyden two tries as well. Regardless of the badge he wore, Lettie had still had some doubts of his capabilities, but it seemed like he may be a worthy opponent after all. She would have to keep an eye out for him from now on.

Lettie's heart started racing as it became apparent that Kyden had caught on that she actually wasn't terrible at school. She kept her face calm, smiling at him charmingly while she calculated her next move. "There's always something to be learned, regardless of how much you know already, don't you think?" She pushed her long red hair behind her ear and looked directly into his eyes, keeping a careful smile on her face. "Are you saying that you don't have much to teach me? I would expect that you wear that badge for some reason or another, so surely you must be downplaying your abilities." The words were sprinkled with just the right amount of concern.

Regardless of his accusatory disposition, Lettie noticed that Kyden had pulled out his wand anyways, and gave a sort of quiet laugh as he looked at the toothpick. Not wanting to let the conversation die just yet, Lettie readied her own wand and pointed it directly at her toothpick. She cleared her throat and uttered the incantation in a cool, almost melodic tone. The toothpick transformed into a small, slick needle, that glinted in the subtle lighting of the classroom.

She picked it up between her thumb and index finger and held it up for demonstration with a huge grin on her face. "Looks decent, right?" she set it back down on the table before turning to the dark-haired boy once more. "Go on, then; I showed you mine, so let's see what you can do." She stared at him expectantly with a warm smile, keeping her arms crossed neatly in her lap.

❤ Lettie Lancaster ❤

Kyden  smiled slightly when Colette spoke. Truthfully he held a lot back in school. He didn't share is grades anymore and he didn't want people to know just how smart he was. Sometimes he purposefully didn't do his greatest on assignments he had been there and done that. However he had a hunch that he was going to let his whole self show with Colette no matter how terrifying the thought.

He pointed his wand at another toothpick and said the incantation. His toothpick quickly and perfectly transformed into a needle that was just ever so slightly shinier than Colette's. He turned to her and smiled. "So you were saying."

Kyden knew quite a bit already. The witch and wizard that ran the orphanage insisted on teaching them spells and things before they started at Hogwarts, way before. After all a young wizard or witch that knows things is more likely to be adopted. Of course Kyden was never adopted but that's because he made sure of that. While most who were advanced in school dreaded the rule that students couldn't use spells until taught by a professor of Hogwarts, Kyden quite liked it. It was easier to keep his secrets hidden that way.

He looked Colette up and down. She actually was a pretty neat girl. "So then obviously we both have Transfiguration down. What shall we do next?"

The boy produced a needle just as she did without much trouble. "So you were saying?" he said. Lettie couldn't help but giggle; she hadn't originally pegged Kyden for being the type that would take her level of cheek and just throw it right back at her, but she was pleasantly surprised by ti. She was also glad that he had actually agreed to show her what he could do. To her, knowledge was power, and the knowledge that the boy may have some talent for Transfiguration could prove to be helpful.

"Yes, I do feel you have helped me a great deal," she grinned. Though he hadn't much helped her in the traditional sense, she was rather enjoying the chance to pick his brain a bit. She was starting to find him to be a bit enjoyable, truth be told. She didn't want to over-extend her welcome, however; she found it was best to keep people wanting more of you rather than giving them the chance to want less.

"I actually feel pretty good about everything, unless you had more you wanted to go over? I'd be happy to lend a helping hand to someone who has shown me such kindness." She smiled at him warmly. "If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get to see your skills in the Dueling Chamber one of these days?" she teased. She had a feeling that the boy would be a worthy opponent.

❤ Lettie Lancaster ❤

Kyden looked at the girl. He was pretty sure it would be best for the both of them to just end this little study session. He knew this wasn't going to be the last he saw of Colette. He could feel that the two of them would be competing a whole lot in the near future. 

He started to pack up his bag and smiled. "I think we are good for now. If you need anything else you know where to find me. Anyways its almost time for dinner in the great hall. I need to make sure things are okay in the Common Room before heading down to eat." He stood and smiled.

He watched her start to gather up her things. He was pretty sure this study session was exactly what he thought it was. He was almost positive she had used it as a way to get close to him. He hated that people wanted to be friends with him for their own use now that he was a Prefect. However the joke was on them. Kyden could usually tell when people were doing just that and he had no intention of letting those type of people get to him or get the best of him.

He walked out of the classroom.