Classroom

Register
Sign in
  Back

Silence  Finished 

Leaving a note was a smart idea and something Amadea never would have thought to do. She wasn't the best at thinking on her feet in situations like these. At least the stain hadn't had time to permanently leave any damage. Yet. They'd better hurry to clean this all up. Hopefully they wouldn't get in trouble. After all, it was only an accident.

Amadea hoped that she was leading them all in the right direction. The school was quite big, after all, and she still hadn't found all of her bearing yet. That was no matter of course, she would be able to navigate down to the first floor. Probably. She glanced back at the Ravenclaws behind her. They seemed to be following her, so if she got them lost, they were all in a bind. She just continued walking, hoping that eventually they'd reach the ground floor.

At last, they did, coming into the entrance hall. She turned to the Ravenclaws. "How about you guys go to the kitchen and grab some rags from the house elves and I'll quickly change and then we can meet back here and go back to the classroom?" Before they could both confirm, she dashed away, knowing there wasn't much time to spare. She hoped they thought the plan was a good one. She reached the common room and ran into the dormitories ripping off her robes and replacing them with clean ones just as quickly as she had taken them off. Then she dashed back, feet slamming on the stone as she went back to their meeting place.

Reducio
Is it okay to take RPs to a different place than they are located in? I hope so...
Anyway we're going back to the classroom in a minute so it should be fine, right?

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Silence  Finished 

Reducio
So I'm just going to go ahead with the timeskip in the midlde like we talked about. Don't really want to have to move to another location, because I'm lazy like that.

Adam followed the two girls down through the first five floors of the castle, trusting in Amadea's ability to navigate back to her common room. He'd never been down to the kitchens before, but he'd heard that Hufflepuff house was located right next door to them. That meant that the three of them wouldn't be separated too much when they split up, which was good. Although he'd only just met Amadea, and didn't know Cecily very well either, he thought that they might make a good team. Cecily thought practically, while Adam seemed to make decisions more easily, and Amadea knew her way around the school. Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs balanced each other out well, and the three of them were friendly enough, weren't they? These were two girls he'd have to stay in contact with.

They walked together until reaching the entrance hall, where Amadea turned to the other two first-years and proposed her plan. Adam began to reply with an agreement when the girl dashed off, making him laugh. "Wow, she really wanted to get going, huh?" he asked Cecily, a smile on his face. Hoping not to delay Amadea any further when she returned, Adam and Cecily found their way to the school's kitchens -- the rumors about the fruit painting had been confirmed from the old days of Hogwarts, but it was still difficult to reach -- and waited impatiently for someone to notice them. Finally, after receiving the rags they'd come for, the two Ravenclaws ran back upstairs to meet up with Amadea again.

"Hey! We got them!" called Adam upon seeing the Hufflepuff in the entrance hall. He raised his hand to show off their recent acquisition. "Ready to head back upstairs and hope no one found the ink?" Though he was glad to be fixing their mistake, it made Adam a little sad to know that his small adventure with the girls was coming to an end. He hoped they would still talk to each other again after all of this was sorted out.

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

Silence  Finished 

Cecily blinked as Amadea rushed off to change her robes while Adam laughed and made a joking comment about it. "Yeah, it's almost like she's in sopping wet robes and wants to get out of them as soon as possible," Cecily said dryly and for no particular reason.

The two Ravenclaws followed the Hufflepuff down the five floors to the Hufflepuff common room, where Cecily and Adam split off from Amadea and made their way to the kitchen-- the rumoured fruit painting did, in fact, lead to the kitchens, but there was still the pesky little problem of getting to it first. They managed to get their hands on some old dishtowels and hurried back to the entrance hall with their fists full of rags. Cecily hoped they hadn't kept Amadea waiting.

They waved down the other girl, and Adam voiced their thoughts: they hoped that no one would find the spilled ink before they could clean it up. Grinning at this adventure, Cecily let Amadea lead the way back through the twisting corridors and shifting staircases to the empty classroom, aka the Scene of the Accident.

Surveying their situation and hoping it wasn't too late to remedy the situation, Cecily looked at the others. Adam and Amadea both seemed like good people, and Cecily wouldn't mind hanging around them more often. Plus, Adam was in her house, and she didn't know nearly as many Ravenclaws as she should for basically living with them. Smiling sadly to herself, for their adventure was coming to an end, Cecily handed Amadea a few rags, and said, "Let's get to it."

-- Cecily Quinn --
and until we meet again.

Silence  Finished 

Amadea hurried back to the meeting spot, hoping that she hadn't left the Ravenclaws waiting long. She had a bit of a kerfuffle with her sopping wet robes once she had gotten into the dormitory, however she had finally gotten out of it and put on new, clean ones. 

As she rounded the corner and appeared in the entrance to the Great Hall, she saw the other two students standing there. Adam waved a cloth over his head, yelling out that they had successfully found the rags. That was good! 

Amadea beckoned them to follow her, turned around again, and headed back to the classroom. She desperately hoped that the ink hadn't dried yet; if it had, they would have an entirely new situation to deal with. She didn't want to get into any trouble! After all, it had been an accident. She pushed those thoughts from her head; negative thinking wouldn't do any good in helping the situation, so she shouldn't waste any time thinking them. 

She reached the entrance of the classroom and walked inside. Thankfully, there was no one in it. She hurried over to the puddle of spilled ink. She accepted the rag from Cecily and carefully bent down to begin sweeping up the mess. This time, she was careful not to get the ink on her robes as she had learned from the first time that sopping wet clothes don't make for a fun time. 

"Thank you again," she said to them as they cleaned up the ink. "I really appreciate your help." As they finished the job, Amadea realized that this was the end of their adventure of cleaning up the ink, and they would probably just go on with their lives. She wanted to say something to keep this moment from ending, but she knew that everything had to come to an end eventually. She hoped that she would see them around again, they seemed like genuinely nice people and good potential friends. She couldn't find the words to voice this out loud, so instead, she stood and looked around. 

"Well," she said uncertainly, wishing she could think of something else to say, "I guess this is it." 

A human. Being.

Silence  Finished 

Following a newly-cleaned-up Amadea to the classroom they'd all started out in, Adam laughed to himself, thinking about how off-track he'd winded up. His goal this morning was to get in some practice on the spells he already knew, and maybe see if he could learn something extra about magic that he could use for Dueling Club. It had been announced a few days earlier that official practices would begin soon, after all, and he had wanted to be ready. Instead, he'd ended up in Hogwarts' basement with a handful of rags and a Hufflepuff stranger. It was so much better than anything else he could've planned for the day.

Adam really liked Amadea, and Cecily too. They seemed down-to-earth, and it was always nice to meet new people, especially those his own age. Hanging out with them would be a nice break from the ever-present sense of competition that came with his Gryffindor friends. Anatole and Eris were great, of course, but a person could have more than two friends, right? Finally, the trio reached the door of the classroom again and Adam shook himself out of his thoughts. He watched as Cecily passed Amadea their rags and the other girl wiped up the spilled ink. When it had all been collected from the floor, the Hufflepuff stood up and thanked them both for helping her out.

"You're welcome!" replied Adam with a smile. "It got me out of studying, so I'm just as grateful as you are. I guess this really is it, huh?" He'd had more fun that he'd expected to have today, and Adam was glad that he'd been able to talk more with Cecily -- and meet Amadea in the first place. "I'm sure we'll see each other around, though, right? Especially if we actually, you know, try to." Crossing the room to gather his stuff from the table he'd been sitting, Adam turned and and opened his mouth to continue when he was cut off by the tolling of the great bells outside of the school. I'm late! he realized with a start, and when the ringing had faded, he quickly issued an apology.

"Well, I've got to go before I'm late again. Nice meeting you, Amadea! And nice seeing you again, Cecily." Striding to the door, he stopped at the door frame as he remembered something he'd heard the other day. "Hey, that BlossomFest thing is starting soon, right? We should meet up there! I bet you we could destroy that maze. Maybe we can hang out at the ball, too!" Trying to calculate the distance to the Potions classroom from the fifth floor, Adam realized that he probably should've left a few minutes before and took another step so that he was out in the corridor. "Let me know!" he called, before taking off down the hallway. He'd see the girls again soon enough -- he was sure of it.

{Adam has left the thread}

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

Silence  Finished 

Cecily smiled as the last of the ink was sopped up, and turned to the students she had just had her first adventure at Hogwarts with. Her grin turned bittersweet as she realized that it was really over, but at least it was so much better than she had imagined. When she had first stepped out of the common room this morning, she was just planning on studying, but then ran into Adam, and as she stepped into the room they met Amadea, and now she had real friends who she had shared an experience with.

"I guess this really is it, huh?" Adam said, voicing all of their thoughts.

Cecily looked towards the tall boy and the redheaded girl. "Yeah, I guess so. But hopefully we'll see each other around!" Cecily was already thinking about the next time the three of them would meet up when Adam asked if they'd want to go to the upcoming BlossomFest activities together before running off to get to his next class.

Cecily half-smiled at Amadea. "Hey, he had a good idea. Up for running through some dangerous hedges followed by social interaction?" she joked, noticing that the clumsy Hufflepuff was about as good with people as Cecily was herself-- meaning, not very good at all.

"Well, I'll see you around," Cecily said to the Hufflepuff with a wave before following Adam into the hallway, worn out and desperate for a good book next to the cozy fire of the Ravenclaw common room. Though this adventure may have been coming to a close, she let herself smile just a bit to herself as she imagined what stories she would have after seven years, at this rate.

{CECILY HAS LEFT THE THREAD}

-- Cecily Quinn --
and until we meet again.

Silence  Finished 

Amadea surveyed the room which was now cleaned up and looked practically like new it had before. She shook her head, wondering how the day had turned into something so completely different from what she had imagined. She hadn't gotten any work done and had wasted a bottle of ink. On the plus side, she had met two new people that seemed like very nice students and potential friends. 

As Adam spoke aloud the words she knew they were all thinking in their heads, Amadea was surprised at how bittersweet the moment was. When she had first seen them approaching the classroom she had only felt a sense of dread, wishing they would leave her in peace so she could continue on with her studies. However, now that they had gone on an adventure (would it really be considered an adventure?) and spent some time together, Amadea didn't want the moment to end.

She hoped the others felt the same way and they would see each other around sometime. Thankfully, both of the Ravenclaws seemed to have a similar train of thought. Adam spoke about the Blossom Fest and hanging out during it, which was a great idea to Amadea for multiple reasons. First off, because she didn't want to be participating in the events alone and secondly because she wanted to spend more time with the two Ravenclaws. 

"Yes, that's a great idea!" Amadea said with a laugh, trying not to shiver as she thought about the terrifying hedges that they might encounter in the event. Bringing herself back to the present, she reminded herself that she wouldn't have to worry about that just yet. "As for the ball..." she trailed off. "I'll see. I wasn't planning on going to be honest," she admitted. Standing in a room full of people she didn't know listening to music she didn't know and wearing a dress that would be simple compared to most there didn't rank high on the list of things Amadea wanted to do, but she would humor her new acquaintances if they really wanted to go. 

She waved to them as they left. "Bye!" she said with a smile as she gathered her things. Once she had packed everything up and checking to make sure the ink stain was completely gone, she headed out after them. 

[ Amadea exits thread. ]

A human. Being.
  Back