Classroom

Register
Sign in

Symphonies and Silence  Closed 

Rianeira really wanted to sing.

She had been singing at home in front of her family, but when it came to her peers, Rian felt pretty shy. However, after wandering around Hogwarts and finding an empty classroom, she realized she could belt out without anyone watching.

She looked inside, intrigued and excited. She closed the door and shrugged. It looked pretty soundproof, it was heavy and it took some effort to close the door. She smiled broadly and decided to put her veela-inherited voice to the test.

Rian looked around the classroom. It was messy and disorganized; papers lay scattered, the chalkboard was messy, and there was dust on the desks. But she didn't care. At this point, she was so excited she felt like she would burst.

She cleared her throat and began to sing loud and proud, completely forgetting the messy classroom, the fact that she was at Hogwarts, and that people could probably hear through the door and that it wasn't soundproof.

I've been hearing symphonies
Before all I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
And every melody is timeless

Life was stringing me along
Then you came and you cut me loose
Was solo singing on my own
Now I can’t find the key without you

And now your song is on repeat
And I’m dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you’re gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth-

Don't love someone who loves your appearance. As you grow old, their love will grow old.

Cecily was wondering Hogwarts when she heard a voice floating on air currents, winding its way towards her. It wasn't talking. It was singing an upbeat tune. Singing like the music had been pent up inside of them, like no one was listening, like anyone in the world could be listening in to their melody and they wouldn't care. Cecily was drawn to the voice, the confidence. She had always loved all types of performing arts and had fallen particularly in love with making music, whether it be though her untrained-but-hopefully-not-half-bad voice or her beloved clarinet.

The girl followed the confidence to the closed door of an empty classroom, where she softly knocked, turning the doorknob to opening the door. The voice cut off as the Ravenclaw girl poked her head in to find a dark-haired girl in Gryffindor robes sitting alone in a messy, empty classroom.

Cecily smiled nervously at the girl. "Sorry for interrupting, " she said, "but I couldn't help but hear your voice. I think it's beautiful." Cecily inwardly cringed at the third-grade level compliment while keeping a smile plastered on the outside, but refrained from saying anything to take it back and give the girl the wrong idea. "Why are you up here, alone?" she continued, not wanting to leave but also not wanting to stand awkwardly in the doorway.

-- Cecily Quinn --
and until we meet again.

Rianeira facepalmed. She was such an idiot, of course it wasn't soundproof. Her face flushed a slight pink and she bit her lip.

"I...um-well...hi!" Rian smiled and tried not to look embarassed. "I'm Rianeira Beckett, but most people call me Rian," She rubbed her hands together, looking down. "Thank you," she said sheepishly, still finding great interest in her shoes.

Don't love someone who loves your appearance. As you grow old, their love will grow old.