Classroom

Register
Sign in
  Back

Abandoned 5th Floor Classroom  Closed 

Marcus looked around the hallway on the 5th floor, seeing no one nearby he snuck inside the Abandoned Classroom, that he has been rearranging whenever he gets the chance, putting some extra dueling dummys around the room along with some books, tables and chairs.

Nodding with an excited grin he places his bag onto a nearby table then checks over the room to see if anyone has been inside since he left, not really seeing anything he sighed in relief "Good I wasn't caught yet." He mumbled, taking out his wand and walking over to a large tome, he whispered "Aparecuim" as the tome begins to reveal words on it's pages "The revealing charm sure works wonders" He mumbled, looking over the text for modifiers "I should probably keep this text handy in the future, since I obviously can't use modifiers right now, or I would either die or be magical exhausted for a long time" He muttered as he checked the room once more before raising his wand a dummy then mutters "Fulmen Flagrum" after finishing the incantation a whip of lightning comes forth from his wand, using the lightning whip he whips it toward the dummy, effectively slicing it's head off and leaving burn marks on the neck "I..I guess I overdid it?" He mumbled to himself vanishing the spell as he waits for the Dummy to repair itself.

THE FUTURE LORD SLYTHERIN!
Newly named Lord De Wynter - Only Lord at Hogwarts
Haters gonna Hate, that is all I should say..People are just naturally jealous of Greatness. - Marcus

The little Gryffindor boy was passing by the 5th Floor to reach the Boys' Lavatory like every week for his 'secret appointment'. He was actually pretty absent minded at that moment, too worried to notice everything else. But there was something he couldn't help but notice: some explosive noises coming from an abandoned classroom on that same floor. So he decided to distract himself a little and he went checking that room.
He was in advance anyway.
He slowly opened the room, his eyes opened wide as he realized there was someone fighting in the room. But he wasn't fighting someone, fortunately.
He entered cautiously, recognizing the guy in front of him. He saw him several times, but he never had the chance to meet him.
"U-uhm..." He whispered, a little unsure. "Hello...?" He asked.
He was actually so curious he forgot about his appointment.
He looked at the destroyed dummies, asking himself for a moment if that guy was really safe or not. What if he was a psycho and was planning to kill everybody? Naaah, Darius stop with the paranoia already.
But, listening to the spell he cast, he understood he was a really expert guy. Men, these guys from other Houses were all so good and skilled...

"If you can dream it, you can do it!"

Willie poked his head through the doorway to the classroom with a bag of chips in hand. He had recently learned that there was an old classroom on the 5th floor that was rarely used. He was originally going to use this place as his lunch area for whenever he was hungry. Sadly the place wasn't as abandoned as he had hoped. Before him stood Darius, the friend he made a while ago. He was curious about exactly what he was doing here but he might as well say hello. Before he could say anything though he noticed someone else. Marvey? Marky? Marcus! Yes, his name was Marcus. Sadly, Willie didn't take the time to commit his name to memory since his last encounter.

What he saw next stopped him in his tracks. On the floor was a dummy with its head taken clean off with clear burn marks. He had never seen a spell that had an effect like that before. Then again he was too busy trying to perfect each and every aspect of the first and second-year spells. If he had something like that in his arsenal just what else could he have? He remembered one of the many talks his mother gave him while under he minor tutelage.

"Look to those who deviate from the rest. Perceive, emulate, and most of all, improve." 

He wanted to know more about who exactly this guy was. He couldn't help it. Something inside of him just screamed to absorb whatever information was given to him, but first.

"Hey, Darius. How's that notebook treating you?"

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.”
― Albert Einstein

Marcus when he heard people behind him, he quickly flipped around, his wand raised toward between their eyes moving back and forth between them "Merlin Dammit...I really need to start expecting people to come by" He mumbles with a sigh lowering his wand "Sorry about that, I get kind of focused when I train" He chuckled sheepishly "So what are you guys doing here?" he asked curiously hearing the dummy repair itself "Didn't think people come to the 5th floor anymore" He added.

"Anyway what spells do you guys know?" He asked "For me I know quite a few that are used for dueling leagues, so I pretty much focus on those kind of spells" he shrugged "Name's Marcus De Wynter by the way, Pureblood" he added, turning around and raising his wand "Bombarda" He says calmly, sending the spell from his wand causing a dummy, explode so that half of it is still up and the other side destroyed "I wish I could find some dummies that have a shield on them.." He frowned "But atleast they repair themselves after a few" He told the two, then glanced behind him to the two "Bombarda is mainly used to see how strong someone's shield is during duels" he told them.

Haters gonna Hate, that is all I should say..People are just naturally jealous of Greatness. - Marcus

The peel of thunder indoors. The sound reverberated off the walls and traveled down the stairs and down the halls. Yes, there was a natural dampening thanks to curtains and walls but there was no magical effort to suppress such an unnatural sound because lightning does not strike indoors. Then there was of course the need to sate ones curiosity on this rare detention-less evening. 

She was of course not on the fifth floor to start, but rather one below in the dreaded library. She did not want those dorks to see her trying to get a leg up on them by cheating via studying. They might borrow from her idea and do the same. Her plan was simple, she found the thinnest books with the most pictures and colors. They would be the simplest to learn from she decided. They were also embarrassing to be seen with, the people were represented by anthropomorphic cuddly animals with massive grins. Yes, it was a children's book. She had found several and she had already read them thrice. She had also found one book in particular that seemed to call to her Magic Spells for Dummies. It was a more complicated text than the title advertised, however it was enlightening and presently in her satchel. She was going to return to her dorm and read it there in peace, the girls were not particularly talkative or friendly with her yet but to be fair she was not the cuddliest snake they had ever encountered either. They would not be back in the shared sleeping quarters for a few more hours giving her some sorely needed nerd time where sh could try to read a chapter or two of this book.

She had reached the stairs when she took that detour heavenward. Two others had already beat her there. She would enter after the Ravenclaw. Inside she would see "Mr. Perfect" and a decapitated dummy. Apparently he has some anger management issues with mannequins. Yes, we know... unrealistic body standards -- get over it... you're eleven and you have a flat ass. Yeah... yeah... she knew the truth, he was practicing his spell slinging. 

"Merlin Dammit...I really need to start expecting people to come by" 

He would start with fake humility.

"Sorry about that, I get kind of focused when I train" 

She would roll her eyes from behind Willie.

"So what are you guys doing here?

She would step from behind Willie if he had not already moved and she would state simply. "Dude, lightning is LOUD." It was a pretty obvious statement but even he did not think of everything this time. She planted her hand on her hip.

"Anyway what spells do you guys know?" 

Dear Lord, comparisons. she sighed.

"For me I know quite a few that are used for dueling leagues, so I pretty much focus on those kind of spells" 

And he talked about himself. She was starting to notice a pattern with him. 

"Name's Marcus De Wynter by the way, Pureblood" 

"Dear god Marcus, we know who you are. Everyone knows who you are." Someone had to say something. Not that he cared, he was showing off by the time she had said anything his uncanny ability to cause bodily harm to inanimate humanoid shaped objects. 

"Bombarda" 

The dummy was shattered. 

"I wish I could find some dummies that have a shield on them.." 

"But atleast they repair themselves after a few" 

"Bombarda is mainly used to see how strong someone's shield is during duels" he told them.

She took a few steps forward. "Marky" yes she did not us his actual, legal name.  She was making a point, one that he probably wont get. sh wouldn't if it was her. "Stop assaulting defenseless mannequins and look out the window." She would wait for the narcissist to finish looking at his reflection in someone's glasses or his lovely shadow and hopefully approach the window if nothing, out of curiosity. "You see that big yellow thing in the sky there?"  She was referring to the sun. "The Earth revolves around that, not you." She would pat him on the back sarcastically.

Just a trick of the lighting they said...

Marcus notices Erin and hears her comments with a raised eyebrow then shrugs em off "I would assume you haven't been told the rules in Slytherin House, Erin.." He said with a slight frown but you can see in his ruby red eyes that he looks annoyed almost pissed "Slytherins stick together in this school, all arguments are held within the common room -during- house meetings, even if we don't like each other we don't let it show to the other houses, so..my question is Erin Ryan..why are you attempting to pick a fight with a fellow Slytherin, one who I damn sure know will utterly destroy you" He asked the question as he tilts his head to the right, with an anger yet bored tone in his voice "So all in all, do not mouth off to me especially amongst the other houses, if you want to mouth off to me do it during house meetings, So..any questions?" he asked with an ice cold tone as he stared at Erin , then after a few seconds whipping his wand out pointing it between Erin's eyes "Silencio" he muttered, silencing her if it hits.

If the spell does indeed hit he finishes with "None, good!".

Boom! Alex groaned as she contemplated banging her head against the wall. That would be fun, right? Right. The girl had found a small alcove on the fifth floor and since not many people came up here, she had decided to study by herself for a little while. She had been in the middle of trying to remember what all went into a potion that caused extreme focus, with a side effect of insomnia of course. She had been thinking about making it when she was crammed. It wasn't too bad right now but this wouldn't be bad to know. But it seemed that there was no way that she was going to get anything done as the loud crack of lightening echoed through the hall. "What in the...?" The small girl shoved her books into her bag and followed the sound of talking. 

Right to the abandoned classroom. "My gods Marcus, what is it with you and destroying manaquins? Did they do something to you?" A faint smile creeped across her face and she continued, looking around at the students that had apparently arrived before her,"Quite the following too and we're barely two weeks in!" She chuckled but was a little jealous. "Little advice though, use a sound dampening charm. Tacet, would work. I mean really."
(Character has come and gone)
Last edited by Alex Ann Turner on 6th February 2018, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't underestimate me.

"I would assume you haven't been told the rules in Slytherin House, Erin.."

"Enlighten me Marky-Mark," she replied with a sarcastic tone. He looked pissed and she was either a fool or a madwoman for not backing down. In terms of status, she was outmatched. She had made no friends, she had no intention of trying. She was not blessed with personal tutors and she lacked the aptitude to apply herself like a natural genius would. 

"Slytherins stick together in this school, all arguments are held within the common room -during- house meetings, even if we don't like each other we don't let it show to the other houses, so..my question is Erin Ryan..why are you attempting to pick a fight with a fellow Slytherin, one who I damn sure know will utterly destroy you"

"Was that a threat?" It sounded an awful lot like a threat. She was not going to apologize or follow his [term for a female dog] [term for your posterior] rules. Her brows raised, she took a step towards him.

"So all in all, do not mouth off to me especially amongst the other houses, if you want to mouth off to me do it during house meetings, So..any questions?"

He drew his wand. The hypocrit who went on about rules, protocols and decorum yet the moment his ego was threatened out came the wand. He could do whatever he did to that training dummy, but he wouldn't ever be able to hold a wand in his hand again. A man... well BOY like him loves one thing -- himself. There were a number of hexes, jinxes and curses that could be cast, more than she knew but it did not matter because she already won. She tipped her head forward and made no effort to avoid.

"Silencio"

She tried to say something but she would not be able to say anything. She was able to say what she intended to say another way. She simply raised her hand in front of her and made a fist, leaving only a single digit extended. 

"None, good!"

She smiled. He would not realize his mistake. His flaw, but they would. What had he endeavored to do these first few weeks. Make friends. Make people believe that he was 'good' and 'awesome.'  Demonstrate his keen intellect and skill comparatively with others. She laughed although no sound would escape her lips as she mouthed to him a simple phrase You Lose. She saw what he was doing, probably before the others could. How he was gathering alliances, setting himself up to be the leader of a flock of sheeple. He was no shepherd, he was just a bitter boy with a stick and an ego.

That was the benefit of having an altercation in front of witnesses. Proof of what he was. Who he was. Also, it gave her one important thing to remember -- his weakness. Everyone had one, most had several. He will make this mistake again. 

Just a trick of the lighting they said...

The tiny boy was just standing there all along, watching as the Slytherin students argued. He was shocked when Marcus did that spell on Erin. That reminded him of the accident he had with Sally Walker when she cast the Softening Charm on him by mistake. But that guy did it voluntarily! Was that allowed?

Darius felt like a fish out of the water, uncomfortable. He sighed heavily, deciding to do something.
Still, he hasn't remembered his appointment.
"Hey guys..." Said the little Gryffindor boy, approaching the two students.
"I don't want to meddle, because this is none of my business, but I think you two shouldn't argue here" He said, looking at Marcus right in the eyes. "It's pretty pointless, and you two share the same House! So please, don't fight" He pointed at the wand. "Not with a Magical Wand in your hand, at least. You could get in serious trouble and I think it's not worth it"

After that, Darius picked up his own wand from the cloak's pocket, pointing it at Erin.
'I really hope this works...' He thought, biting his lower lip in anxiety.
"Finite!" He exclaimed, grabbing his wand with a steady hand.
Fortunately, the spell worked successfully. Erin could talk again. Darius was so proud of himself, but at the same time, he was thankful to his friend Willie, who shared his notebook with him so he could learn something.

Destrian had observed them for a while, watching how the Slytherins argued and how the young Darius of Gryffindor tried to stop them from fighting each other. It was all quite amusing and he decided to just observe to see what would happen. Sometimes not talking to someone told more than actually hearing them speak. No, observing was good for now. He was leaning against the wall near the entrance of the abandoned classroom, about which Marcus had told him in the boy's dormitory. He hadn't expected it to be this busy here, though. And neither had Marcus, it seemed. He continued to listen as Darius fussed about them fighting with their wands. 

Eventually he walked out into the room and raised his hands, palms towards them as if asking for mercy. "Guys, why are we fighting against each other? We ought to be fighting with each other for the sake of Slytherin. Sure, you don't have to like each other but the moment that someone discovers that we are using spells to cause each other a form of harm, points will be taken from us. If we wish to become a powerful house, we should work together. Teach each other spells, instead of jinxing each other with them. I am sure that we all want to see our house thrive, right?"  There was that sly smile on his lips. He looked over at Darius for a moment, scanning him as if to judge him, but then he continued to talk to his fellow Slytherins. 

"Do we not want the colors of our house decorating the halls of Hogwarts, to remind the other houses who is superior? If it is that which we all want, we ought to work together and put our grudges aside. Or else we can forget about our points and continue studying like the good little students we most definitely are not.

Darius was a little shocked and confused as he heard the words of the other young Slytherin. Then he realized and he made a little frown, especially when the other student scanned him. It was kind of rude, he thought.
His older brother told him about the rivalry between Houses, but he never truly believed that.
As a Ravenclaw, he always told him to respect everyone and that, in the end, Houses don't really matter.
Thrive? Superior? Good little students? That was nonsense for Darius. Sure, he was proud of his House just like everybody else, but he didn't understand that harsh rivalry.
Why should the students fight against each other? Just because they were sorted into a different House?
Maybe Darius was still a little childish, but he thought that everyone had to collaborate, regardless of the House. They were all wizard, they were all the same, he even made some close friends who were from the other Houses so... Why?
He hated stereotypes, but he was beginning to think that maybe some Slytherin students were a little bossy for his taste.
"That... Was not what I meant..." He said in a low voice, not very sure about the Slytherin intentions anymore.
The last thing he wanted was to make enemies.

Destrian turned towards him again and eyed him for a moment longer. "You're welcome to stay. Tell me something about yourself. What are your qualities?" he wanted to know. "I do not recognise your last name. Are you from a line of wizards and witches?" He lowered his hands to rest at his side again, now focussed on the Gryffindor that was among them, hoping the other Slytherins would stop fighting for just a moment. There was an arrogance in Destrian's eyes, but it seemed like he didn't mean to make an enemy just yet. He needed at least a reason for that. As long as Darius wouldn't get in his way or wouldn't do anything that would cross Dayne, they would be fine. But still, Darius was no Slytherin. 

With no doubt, Darius was a little intimidated by the Slytherin and his weak and tiny body didn't help for sure. The boy swallowed, trying to find the words to answer him.
Those questions weren't rude, so he tried to be more comfortable.
'He doesn't look like a bad guy... Maybe I just think too much, enough with the stereotypes' He thought.
At that moment, Darius smiled kindly at him, letting his guard down. After all, Destrian invited him to stay.
"I'm Darius De Amoris, nice to meet you, uhm..." He said, realizing he didn't know his name. Did he already tell him? Or he didn't? My God Darius, why are you distracted all the time?
Destrian should have recognised his brother's last name. After all, that older Ravenclaw was one of the best students of Hogwarts.
"My qualities? Uhm... Well, I'm trying to figure them out in this school, I want to improve as much as I can" He replied, keeping a constant, warm smile on his face to look like a secure guy.
"And well... I'm a Muggle-born so no, I don't have wizards in my family, except for my brother" He answered, now a little anxious.
His brother told him about blood discrimination, too. He was an excellent student, but he was often insulted because of his status. Especially from Slytherin students.
Darius stared at the Slytherin, hoping that wouldn't happen to him, too.

The boy before him, though most likely the same age, was smaller than he was. Destrian himself was quite tall for his age and slender. And often, when he looked at people, it seemed as if he was looming over them. "Nice you meet you as well, Darius. My name is Destrian, Destrian Dayne to be more exact," he replied. He had never heard of the name, nor the boy's brother. He wasn't very familiar with people belonging to Ravenclaw. What he found more importantly was to get to know as many people as possible belonging to Slytherin. That was his house after all. 

"Respectable answer," he murmured when Darius told him that he was still figuring out what his qualities were. "You're ambitious to be good, then. I like that, Darius. You should keep up the hard work. I'm sure that you'll surprise yourself with your own capabilities," he said with even a slight hint of a warmer sort of smile. He respected people who wanted to reach something and do things. But when he heard he was muggle-born, Destrian had to swallow and pause for a moment. "A shame.." he said, his lips tightening a bit. "I suppose not everyone can come from a Pureblood line.."  There was just something about muggleborn mages which had Destrian's skin crawl. But he decided not to confront the other boy with it. "It doesn't matter," he told himself more than he told Darius.

Darius sighed with a slight disappointment. After all, he did see that coming.
But after all, he wasn't so rude to him. And why should Darius care what others think of him? He should be independent buuut maybe not now. He's still naive and innocent, he still doesn't understand really well how the world works.
The Gryffindor smiled a little nervously at him, not sure on how to take that answer.
But, apart from the subtle blood discrimination, Destrian actually praised him, that made Darius feel more confident and proud of himself, that meant he was on the right way to become a great wizard.
"Well... Thank you Destrian, I guess..." He replied, scratching his head.
"I will take account of your words. They were useful" He finally replied with his usual and gentle smile, which made everybody feel welcome.
Suddenly, the boy gasped and opened his eyes wide. He had just remembered his appointment in the boys' lavatory!
'Oh, God! I totally forgot it! Ice will be mad...' He thought in cold sweat.
"I-I really have to go now, but it was a pleasure to meet you all! See you later guys!" He exclaimed, running out of the classroom.

(Topic left)

Back