Register
Sign in

26 Jan 2020, 18:21
Percival Rainwood - Fifth Year - Slytherin
- Table of Contents -
Please do not copy any of my coding without permission.
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 8 Jan 2024, 01:20, edited 125 times in total.

"I doubt you'll remember me with a smile."
| Sta 10 | Eva 6 | Str 12 | Wis 10 | Arc 8 | Acc 13 |

26 Jan 2020, 18:21
- General Information -
Alias
Percy
House
Slytherin
Species
Human
Year
Fifth
Blood
'Pureblood'
- Wand -
- 26.7cm - Cherry wood - Thunderbird tail feather -
- Appearance -
Skin
Fair

Height
5'10"
Eyes
Black

Build
Lean
Hair
Brown

Weight
152 lbs
Percival is five feet and ten inches tall. He is the average height for his age with fair skin. Percival has short hair with the fringe swept to the right side of his face. He has brown hair that has a slight wave to it. Percival has black-colored eyes. Though they are just very dark brown, dark enough to almost blend in with his pupils. The boy has a small scar on his right thumb after a run-in with his Aunt's insane cat.
- Personality -
Brave
Proud
Confident
Determined

Truculent
Relentless
Impulsive
Deceptive
Percival has made a reputation for himself, due to his streak of taking his anger out on others, as being easily angered and generally unpleasant to be around. He rarely has control over his temper, and his fuse is easily lit by the smallest of things. Leading him to have minimal friends at Hogwarts due to his outbursts and generally bad attitude. Which has only been made worse after a fight between him and Hanako. Having little friends makes him favor those he has a close relationship far more, and he generally will do what he feels is best. Though, even those who are close to him are not saved from his outbursts when he feels betrayed. Ever since his second year, Percival has found solace in hurting others. Whether emotionally or physically. Seeing the smile fall from someone’s face soothes the anger and sadness that grips tightly at his heart. Percival follows his instincts very strongly and has trouble thinking of the consequences of his actions. Stuck in the present rather than thinking about the future.
- Magical -
Patronous
Leopardess
Boggart
Cats
Amortentia
Pine
Threstrals
Yes
Polyjuice
Red, Lemon
Erised
Hanako
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 12 Dec 2023, 05:04, edited 132 times in total.

26 Jan 2020, 18:36
- Background -
Percival Rainwood was born in Chester, England to his parents, Elliot and Cordelia Rainwood. Percival lives with his parents and his two twin older brothers, named Atticus and Alois.

The siblings were used to not seeing their parents home until very late at night. It wasn’t unusual for their parents not to come home for multiple days in a row. This was the main reason behind a nanny being hired to take care of the children. Percival and his siblings were homeschooled by their nanny who would tutor them.

Percival did not have a very strong relationship with his father, and instead had a close relationship with his Uncle. The boy would spend his childhood hanging out with his uncle, and even sending letters. Percival looks up to his Uncle as one would look up to a superhero. The boy is blind to the faults and actions of his Uncle and is stuck looking through rose-tinted glasses.

Percival spent the rest of his childhood in the presence of his mother’s parents. The boy would spend many summers in the stuffy estate that his grandparents resided in. So old that the building was void of any trace of technology. Percival’s family is part of the Rainwood family line and is a well-established Pureblood family.
- First Instance of Magic -
Like most magical children, Percival had his first instance of magic when he was three years of age. When Percival's Aunt Rosina got married, Percival was required to wear a tux to the wedding. He didn't like his tux. The stiffness of the starched collar made the entire outfit unbearable to wear. Though being a child, Percival didn't get a choice and he was forced into the tux. Upset at being forced to put on the stiffing clothing he stamped his foot down and screamed. When he screamed one of the windows in his bedroom shattered.
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 6 Jul 2022, 02:36, edited 93 times in total.

14 Feb 2020, 01:56
- Family Members -
Terrence Rainwood [Uncle/+38 yrs]: Terrence Rainwood was like a black smudge on a beautiful, colorful painting. The black sheep of a family who was just as twisted as he was. An illegitimate child who was thought of as nothing more than a shameful mistake. Terrence Rainwood was the eldest of Woods Rainwood's children. Despite this, Terrence was left out of the will and his birthright of head of the house. Terrence felt nothing more than anger for the man that was responsible for his birth. To take out his anger, he took his job as an Executioner for the Ministry of Magic. His job consists of executing magical creatures that are deemed dangerous. Terrence found himself enjoying his work more and more. Terrence only considers his youngest nephew, Percival, as his only family. The two are very close and Terrence treats Percival as his own son. While Percival looks up to his Uncle as if he was his father. This was until Terrence had started to become hungry for power. With each step he takes to gain more power the closeness between the two is stretched thin.
Elliot Rainwood [Lacework] [Father/+31 yrs]: Elliot works in the Ministry of Magic. Working in the Department of International Magical Co-operation. He often has to travel a lot, and it has resulted in a strain on the family. Elliot grew up in a Middle-class family and is used to working a lot to make ends meet. He is very much a workaholic and often allows his work to take over. Due to this, Elliot isn't the best father to his three children. He doesn't see them as important as his work, and others often wonder why he bothered to have children. Despite his aloof nature, Elliot loves his children even though he doesn't express it. This fact often gets lost through miscommunication. Driving a further wedge between Elliot and his children.
Cordelia Rainwood [Mother/+30 yrs]: Cordelia's job profession is an Oblivator. Her work helps protect the wizarding world from being discovered by Muggles. Cordelia often comes across as cold and self-important. Her ire for children does not go unnoticed by her three children. Pawning her children off to a nanny at the first chance she got. Every movement she makes feels calculated and razor-sharp. Each step she takes exudes power, and each word she speaks is well-planned in advance. All eyes always seem to be on her and for good reason. The youngest of her siblings does not make her any less dangerous. Her bite is just as bad as her bite. Cordelia weaves connections as if they were spider's thread. Barely putting thought into the lives of her pawns. She won't let anything come in her way. Not even her own flesh and blood.
Atticus Rainwood [Brother/+9 yrs]: Atticus works as a curse breaker for Gringotts banks. Though he is known to do freelance work when he has the time. Atticus enjoys a reliable routine. Meticulously, he follows his daily schedule down to the last task. Anything that disrupts his routine ultimately causes him to grow extremely agitated. Atticus enjoys the rules given to him and does his best to follow them. He doesn't find the need to bend and snap the rules like his other siblings. Instead, he likes to stay within his boundaries and he will not leave those boundaries for anyone. Atticus has very simplistic future goals. Mainly wanting to advance his career and settle down with the girl he likes.
Alois Rainwood [Brother/+9 yrs]: Though Alois and Atticus are twins, the two siblings are not close. Alois was always a more free spirit than his younger brother. The two would clash often due to their rather different viewpoints. Alois fears that by settling down he will be held imprisoned. He doesn't want to spend the rest of his life stuck in a boring job to go home to a wife he doesn't truly love. Alois works as a Court Scribe for the Wizengamot Courts. In hopes of saving enough money to leave the country. Alois wants to travel the world and visit a place where he can be free.
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 1 Oct 2022, 20:19, edited 94 times in total.

14 Feb 2020, 01:56
Image Image Image
- Relationships -
Close Friends

Ileen Knight:
If one had asked Percival how he had felt about Ileen Knight over a year ago. He would have said he couldn't find it within himself to put much trust in her. Assumptions of her character with no evidence to back them up. Though, as more time passed he began to see a truer side to Ileen. A side that cared deeply about those around her. The two of them have been through much together. Fighting rats in the dungeons and being pitied against their fellow snakes in a blasted tent. They say misery strengthens relationships, and for Ileen and Percival that seemed to prove true. Something began to bloom that pushed away all of the hurt. Something more than just a friendship, and for now it is here to stay.

Friends
Leonard Oaksworth: A tentative friendship born from cruel and unusual means. Percival’s official partner in crime started off as just another outlet for his pent-up frustration. Though, after bringing the boy in on his schemes. He realized how much he enjoyed working with the other boy. He hadn’t thought there would be a second time. Though he quickly found that Leonard was one of the only people in this damned school that understood. The only other person he has been able to trust enough to help him take care of those needing to be taken care of. Despite their interesting start, Percival can’t help but enjoy the other boy’s presence.

Selim Faust: Percival’s elusive and mysterious dormmate. His interactions with the other were few and far between. Though each time it only raised more questions than answers. Questions that he would rather not ask. Like why the other had been carrying knives to a supposedly normal ball. Or why his dormmate showed no hesitation to try and stab another kid. Despite all of this, Percival can’t find it in himself to dislike Selim. The other’s quiet offer of tea made Percival see the other in a different light. Making it hard for him to pinpoint how he feels about the other now. Unbeknownst to Percival, he has slowly begun to like the other boy.
Alan Vanes: The two met through a chance meeting, and by chance, Percival found he actually likes the boy. Despite Alan being a Gryffindor, the boy is nothing short of polite. Percival finding himself able to relax in the other boy's presence with ease. For once, he can look past his prejudices for those from the Gryffindor house, and appreciate Alan for who he is.

Complicated
Kit Paine: Percival and Kit Paine's relationship started off in a rather strange way. Filled with a deception wrapped in bright neon green. It had been so easy to hate Issac Pincus for his pompous attitude, but Percival has trouble finding it within himself to hate the one who created him. It isn't easy to figure out how he truly feels about the Caretaker, but he can't say he dislikes or hates him. In truth, he could say he even likes him a bit.
Mathias Pride: One would not think that meeting someone to bash their face in would constitute a chance to make a sort of partnership. Pride is a rat through and through. Most people would not trust the words a rat would have to say. It still confuses Percival why he had allowed the other to talk with him for so long, and yet he cannot say he is truly unhappy that he had heard him out. It is still not clear where the other boy's intentions truly lie. Yet, the other offers something most people have no interest in. Maybe this could be beneficial...for both of them.

Dislikes
Opeila Winters: Breaking up with someone, especially your first, can cause an immense toll on that relationship as a whole. The tentative friendship of the two had been thoroughly smashed by the harsh reality that Opeila did not care for him the way that he had cared for her. Sadness is the feeling Percival would feel when he accidentally catches eyes with Opeila during class. Bitter, when he sees her with other guys. Different emotions war for dominance within him. Most of these feelings were fleeting, but residual anger has taken home in his heart. The feeling of being used made his heartache and his chest tighten with anger. Despite his conflicting feelings, Percival knows that he and Opeila could never be friends again.
Dealla Prince: After a bad run-in in their first year, Percival had found himself disliking Dealla for seemingly no reason. The boy's grudge held steadfast up until now. His hatred for the girl loosened up to something a bit more manageable. It was possible that time had simply healed his annoyance for the girl, or the fact that he was crushing hard on her friend. Whatever the reason the boy cannot find himself liking the girl, but not hating her either.

Hates
Hanako Tone: Sometimes there is nothing to really say about a person. Sometimes all there is a feeling. A burning anger that hurts and pulls you down. A want to seek revenge and to destroy a person's very being.
Michael Miller: A thorn in his proverbial side that Percival has found himself unable to truly remove. The boy was far too eager to please. Following after him like a puppy who didn’t want to be separated from its mother. It irked something deep within him when each time he tried to scare the other off failed. His dislike only grew the more the other continued to follow after him. Growing into hatred over the course of a few months. He swears that he won’t be so nice to the boy the next time the other gets in his way.
Acquaintances
Dislikes
Reducio
- Lydia Cooper
“seemed nice in passing”

- Tyranni White
“saved me in quidditch”

- Falentra Black
“helped me find my pet spider”

- Percival Gray
“snobbish but alright”

- Adonis Thorn
“someone i wouldn't mind sneaking out with"

- Erin Ryan
“an awesome beater, and i hope to be like her one day”
Reducio
- Jack Burnett
“seems like one of the only sane one’s left”

- Henry Knight
“unsure about him he did threaten to hex me”

- Flash Holmwood
“snobbish but better than I thought”

- Alec Mason
“threw his shoes in the lake which was fun”

- Dan Palmer
“he’s a good seeker, but i’ve never talked to him”
Reducio
- Avery Chen
“annoying and very nosy”

- Wyatt Starkey
“judged me specifically”

- Dmitri Jones
“rude”

- Kara Capricorn
“loud and obnoxious”

- Victor Moore
“girl stealer”
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 17 Jun 2023, 02:33, edited 164 times in total.

5 Apr 2020, 05:55
Image Image
- Timeline -
First Year
Reducio
Sept 2019:

09/01/2019: Long Road Ahead [Inactive]

09/01/2019 Coffee Beans and Salty Tears [Finished]

09/01/2019 Sorting Hat 2019-2020 [Finished]

09/19/2019 Interview with Idiots [Finished]

Dec 2019:

12/13/2019 When Push Comes to Shove [Finished]

Feb 2020:

02/19/2020 Bonding + Slug Puking + Uncles [Finished]

Mar 2020:

03/09/2020 Running Into One Another [Finished]

Apr 2020:

04/10/2020 An Unlikely (Study) Trio [Inactive]

04/10/2020: Parchment and Ink Blotches [Finished]

04/10/2020: Taking the Blow [Inactive]

04/21/2020: Getting up the Courage [Finished]

04/22/2020: Dancing in the Moonlight [Finished]

04/24/2020: Secret Blossom Ball [Event][Finished]

04/24/2020: Let's Take a Breather [Finished]

04/26/2020: Thanks For That [Inactive]

May 2020:

05/02/2019: Commiting a Crime [Finished]

05/04/2020: Breaking Down Near Muddy Waters [Finished]

05/07/2020: Dysfunctional Snake Boys [Inactive]

05/09/2020: S'mores on a Starry Night [Inactive]

05/13/2020: No Need to Fret [Finished]

05/13/2020: Soggy Shoes [Inactive]

05/22/2020: Hide and Seek [Inactive]

05/31/2020: Soggy Paper Cranes [Finished]

Jun 2020:

06/01/2020: Slytherin Victory Celebration [Finished]

06/04/2020: "Dear Percival..." [Finished]

06/05/2020: Breaking My Heart and Soul [Finished]

06/05/2020: Sleep Solves Everything [Finished]

06/09/2020: Paper Cuts and Feelings [Finished]

06/18/2020: A Legal Event for Once [Finished]

06/19/2020: Stand still, I'm gonna kill... [Finished]

06/19/2020: Locking the Doors [Finished]

06/26/2020: Letters for the Fire [Finished]

Second Year
Summer 2021
Third Year
Summer 2022
Reducio
TBA
Fifth Year
Reducio

Sept 2023:

09/01/2023: Alone Once More[Finished]

Jan 2024:

01/31/2024: Smoke [Finished]

07/09/2024: Put Some Effort Into It [Finished]

Mar 2024:

03/07/2024: To Walk into the Lion's Den

03/16/2024: Dormbattles 2024
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 14 Apr 2024, 17:10, edited 135 times in total.

7 Apr 2020, 08:46
Snakes
Spiders
Flying
Reading
Power
Dislikes
Cat
Rodents
Adults
Crybabies
Authority
Weakness
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 28 Jan 2024, 22:36, edited 48 times in total.

10 Apr 2020, 02:33
- Pets -
Name
Prometheus
Breed
Black Webber
Alias
Pom
Personality
Tsundere
Birthday
04/19/2020
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Percival and Pom instantly clicked after he purchased the spider during summer vacation. Pom's favorite place to rest is in the crook of Percival's neck. During the times when he must seperate from Percival, you can easily find him in the rafters above the boy's bed. Pom is rather aggressive to new people and will hiss and rear onto his hind legs if approached suddenly. This behavior does not extend to people he is more used to. Instead, he will behave in a curious manner, and he becomes prone to jumping. This behavior does extend to new people if he finds them curious enough to warrant his time. Though these incidents are few and far between.
Name
Bas Asmodeus
Breed
Ball Python
Alias
Bas
Personality
Aggressive
Birthday
01/21/2020
Alignment
Neutral Evil
Bas's favorite time of the year is the school year. As it allows him a break from the child who he had been gifted to. Bas wants nothing more then to leave the tank that he resides in and be free. The snake wishes to roam the wild even though he was born in captivity. He despises most things and humans is at the top of his list. One should avoid putting their hands in his tank. Unless they wish to be bitten.

- Items -
Metal Zippo Lighter
A lighter stolen from his deceased Grandfather's study.
Black Lighter
A mysterious lighter that appeared on his birthday.
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 23 Aug 2022, 16:52, edited 19 times in total.

12 Jun 2020, 02:23
- Hobbies -
Piano
Guitar
Quidditch
- Organizations -
Slytherin Quidditch Team
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 23 Aug 2022, 16:52, edited 21 times in total.

15 Jun 2020, 22:19
- Lookbook -
Face Claim: Julian Mackay
Last edited by Percival Rainwood on 16 Jan 2024, 01:29, edited 19 times in total.