Register
Sign in

25 Oct 2019, 08:56
Jo Morgan | 2nd Year | Gryffindor

Full Name: Josephine Elizabeth Morgan
House: Gryffindor
Year: 2nd Year
Wand: 29.1 centimeters, black walnut wood and snallygaster heartstring.
Patronus: N/A
Boggart: N/A
Species: Human (Seer)
Blood Status: Pureblood (Muggle-raised)
Height: 4' 8"
Weight: 88 lbs.
Orientation: Homoromantic
Amortentia: peppermint tea • lake water • raspberries • salty waves

Polyjuice: A shimmering, watery liquid constantly alternating between shades of blue, purple and green. It has a metallic taste similar to blood, but also carries a bit of a tang (think raspberries and grapefruit). A strange drink - hard to get used to but not exactly disgusting when you do. That doesn't mean you should.

See what Jo sees in the Mirror of Erised...

(Explanation)
In the mirror of Erised, Jo sees the childhood she wished she had, but never will. Here a young and innocent Jo plays on the shoulders of her father (who she likens here to an illustration she saw once of the Greek hero Odysseus- a nod to her wish for him to one day return), while her mother watches joyfully. To Jo, this is happiness, and no matter what evil things are whispered about her villainous parents in the corridors or newspapers, she will always worship them with unyielding loyalty and love, shedding tear after tear once more in yet another futile and desperate prayer for the reunion she knows can never be.
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 22 Oct 2020, 01:21, edited 24 times in total.

"Out here, the wild ones are taming the fear within me.
Scared to call them my friends and be broken again; Is this hope just a mystical dream?"

26 Oct 2019, 04:27

Briggs-Meyers: INTP-T (Turbulent Logician)

Positive Traits:
Intelligent
Resourceful
Curious
Determined
Insightful
Creative

Negative Traits:
Secretive
Volatile (when angry)
Restless
Judgemental
Impatient
Disorganized
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 20 May 2020, 11:08, edited 7 times in total.

Scared to call them my friends and be broken again; Is this hope just a mystical dream?"

26 Oct 2019, 04:42

PARENTS AND INFANTHOOD

Jo was born Josephine Elizabeth Morgan to Finlay Elsinore Irving (known more often by his criminal pseudonym “Foxglove”) and Absinthe (Abby) Opheliæ Morgaine. Although the girl was originally to be named Josephine Irving, the couple decided after Finlay’s incarceration that she should be given an altered version of her mother’s surname.

Finlay, or “Foxglove” - the name he gave his heartless alter ego- worked closely with “Hemlock”, another notorious criminal, to commit several unspeakable acts that left many dead and even more injured. Unable to avoid justice forever, Finlay was captured just three months after Jo’s birth.

After Finlay’s incarceration, Absinthe fell deathly ill and entrusted the infant Jo to her friend Pandora Abernathy, a Metamorphmagus living on the southern tip of Japan under the name Kotomi Maifuji. By doing so, Absinthe hoped that if the child turned out to be a witch she would attend Mahoutokoro instead of Hogwarts and hopefully be separated from anyone who might be able piece together the child’s heritage. Wanting nothing to do with the child of a criminal, Abernathy promptly disposed of the infant in a local muggle orphanage as soon as it arrived, along with Absinthe’s letter to her detailing strict instructions that the child be raised with Japanese parents and that the identities of the birth parents kept secret to the foster family so as to spare the child knowledge of even her parents' names. Absinthe's dying wish was for her child to be a Squib, although this obviously did not come true.

ADOPTION AND CHILDHOOD

In any case, the orphanage obliged to Pandora's strange demands, and a foster family (Jyun and Shion Higa) was soon found. Although they chose to keep the girl’s European name since it was no use hiding that she was of a completely different race, Jo blended surprisingly well into the family and so for the most part Jo was well-loved and wanted for nothing in her childhood. Although her teachers acknowledged that she did indeed have a high level of intelligence, Jo’s tendency to panic during tests (stemming no doubt from an intense fear of failure and a subconscious inferiority complex brought on by a mistaken but deeply entrenched belief that she was not “good enough” for her birth parents) led to her having slightly below average grades in school. Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise- the young witch quickly learned how to deal with bullies as a result. When her stepsister Miyo was born to the couple (who actually believed that they were infertile, hence Jo’s adoption), Jo devoted most of her time to caring for the baby in an attempt to prove herself useful to the family.

FIRST INSTANCE OF MAGIC

Jo often cared for her baby sister until her parents returned home from work. One day she was doing exactly this - working on her homework as she kept an eye on the infant Miyo - when Miyo began to scream. Jo remembers the sounds her stepsister made vividly; they were terrified, bloodcurdling screams. The girl tried everything - lullabies, mobile baby apps, formula, changing the diaper... nothing could quiet the infant until she half-heartedly swooshed the felt baby mobile that hung above Miyo's crib. When she did so, the screams subsided without explanation and although Jo was a bit shaken, she decided to returned to her work.

Just as suddenly the screams returned, louder this time. Miyo began to choke, making gurgling sounds and beginning to turn a shade of lavender. Panicking, Jo began to swoosh the mobile over and over again. "I got really really scared, and I still can't explain it but I felt like I needed to do something NOW, and I kept spinning the mobile around and around like an idiot because it worked last time and I didn't know how else I could help her or calm her down." Although she herself was in shock and has little recollection of the events that followed, she clearly remembers hearing the tinkling sound of bells.
She turned to look at the dangling mobile and was shocked to see that the felt blocks had been replaced by colorful translucent bubbles that still felt like fabric but floated around the room ethereally. In the girl's own words, "The blocks were gone from the mobile, and there were colorful, rounded square bubbles everywhere. They were just floating all around the room, and they looked almost like they had fairy lights inside of them. And they looked like colored glass, but they weren't. They were felt. I touched one and it was felt. But they were so pretty! So I swooshed the mobile again and a few more bubbles popped out of the middle. (That's when I realized that it was me that was making the bubbles, and not some weird fairy or something like that.) Miyo stopped crying and looked up at me, and I just kept spinning the mobile again and again, because I didn't want the bubbles to disappear and everything felt so magical. I actually don't think I did until my parents came home." When Jo's parents did return home, they were understandably afraid. Their reaction caused Jo to panic and the bubbles disappeared. Jo had forgotten due to the comfort of her own magic that the bubbles were abnormal and should not exist due to the laws of muggle physics. Although in hindsight she is now embarassed at the action she took, Jo ran out of the house sobbing, believing that she had destroyed the harmony of her family. She claimed that the bubbles were "her fault" and that her presence endangered her family and especially her sister.

For a few weeks, Jo stayed with a family friend. She recalls being terrified at the possibility that she could have harmed her sister. "Her screaming was really loud and if I didn't know what I was doing when I made the bubbles and helped her calm down could have accidentally done something bad and hurt her just as easily?"

MOVING TO ENGLAND

Terrified by the unexplainable event, the Higa family reached out for support but were largely ignored as Jo was unable to produce any more significant feats of magic when prompted to. With no evidence to back up their bizarre claims of what happened that day, they found themselves ridiculed and even occasionally ostracized by their neighbors. Overhearing gossip about the family while on a trip to the island to obtain rare potion ingredients such as Akamataa scales, Lady Aithne (see below section for details) immediately identified the strange case as an instance of magic. Realizing that as a Muggle family with no history of magic in their bloodline the Higa family’s ability to properly understand or prepare for Jo’s Hogwarts journey would be limited, Lady Aithne reached out to Shion by owl, explaining that Jo’s ability would not be going away soon and could be dangerous if she was not taught to control it, offered to take the girl in. Despite initial reservations, the Higa family agreed to let Jo move to London and a tearful farewell and a Portkey later, Jo found herself thrust suddenly into a completely different world.

LADY AITHNE

Lady Aithne is Jo's current guardian. A stern but kind heiress, she settles for nothing less than perfection. She was a fiercely proud Slytherin when she attended Hogwarts, and she expected Jo to be placed in the same house.

Second Year: Finlay allegedly dies in Azkaban shortly after he promises to confess to a full list of their crimes, and Hemlock dies two days later of a stroke, leading to an Auror Investigation that yields no concrete evidence of foul play despite the suspicious circumstances. Since no proof of an autopsy to check for poison or a deadly curse are ever published, many witches and wizards distrusting of the Ministry of Magic believe that there was some type of cover-up. Some believe that Hemlock murdered Foxglove. Others maintain that the two have escaped Azkaban and are at large.
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 11 Feb 2022, 10:49, edited 30 times in total.

26 Oct 2019, 04:56
Theme Song
Beautiful Ghosts- Cats the Musical
Likes: Anything relating to water (especially the lake), peppermint tea, cats, chilly weather, kelpies, people who understand her, books, being called clever, and friendly teachers.

Dislikes: Butterbeer (blech, way too sweet!), hypocritical teachers, loud music, being ostracized or ignored, being considered useless, Jack Burnett, etc.
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 22 May 2020, 00:57, edited 11 times in total.

26 Oct 2019, 05:24

FIRST YEAR
SECOND YEAR

CITY OF LONDON
Absinthe, Wysteria, and an Open Casket (Solo) (Complete)
Jo's mother, Absinthe, makes a decision she can never undo. Was it the right choice?

CLASSROOM
Liberation (Complete)
Jo and Rafa show their findings to the Liberation Club.

CORRIDORS
Chasing Down the Grinch (Abandoned)
After a morning snowball fight with Rafael, Jo meanders back into the castle to discover a cat in a hat. How delightful!

Christmas Cheers and Christmas Tears (Complete)
After a disastrous Secret Santa event, Jo tearfully attempts to gather the remaining pieces of her dignity and fix things. In doing so, she discovers that making enemies isn't so hard after all.

Generosity and Friendship (Complete)
An unexpected reunion with an acquaintance and a sweet gift brings a smile to Jo's face during stressful times.

A VanCleaf Debrief (Incomplete)
Get unconscious body from point A to point B. How hard can it be? Evelynn and Jo are about to find out.

COURTYARD
Embroidery 101 (Solo) (Complete)
Jo tries her hand at embroidery, hoping it will distract her from all of the drama. Rather than taking her mind off of things as she hoped, the mundane nature of the task ends up resulting in a poorly-embroidered fern and three entire hours devoted to sulking.

GIRL'S BATHROOM
The Acid Pop Club #1 - A New Adventure (Complete)
Tired of getting bossed around by the boys, Jo takes the lead and forms a girls' club.

GREAT HALL
The Hat's Decision (Solo) (Complete)
She's still quite bitter about the decision - she believes she was misplaced.

Gifting Anonymously (Abandoned)
Another opportunity to show some Christmas spirit goes south.

Pretty Little Baubles - Nothing More (Complete)
A simple errand turns into a terrible fight when two old enemies try to bury the hatchet. Unsure of which side she wants to be on, Jo ends up lashing out at everyone.

Breakfast Brawl (Complete)
Tensions explode when a certain Slytherin encroaches on Gryffindor territory. Jo gets a taste of vengeance, and enjoys it a bit more than she should.
GREAT LAKE
Acid Rain, Heart to Heart (Abandoned)
Jo and Saoirse try to make some sense of the chaos around them during a peaceful day at the lake- it isn't easy being plunged into a completely different world when you're only eleven.

The Icy Lake (Complete)
An ecstatic Jo is more than ready to take a dip into the Great Lake for some magical octopi, but she finds to her dismay that the prefects in charge don't seem to be as prepared for such a daunting task.

GROUNDS
“Bark”ing Up the Wrong Tree (Abandoned)
Nothing says "fun" like chucking a snowball right at your frenemy's face, but Jo's throwing skills are nowhere near ready for taking on a Quidditch Captain.

GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM
Trial of the Century (Complete)
The Gryffindors get together to prove Harry Potter's innocence, but an enraged Jo hasn't exactly brought her "A-game".

For Love is But Madness(Incomplete)
"Potion" becomes "Problem" when a spiked chocolate accidentally finds its way into Jo's hands.

HEADMASTER'S OFFICE
Definitely Not Trespassing (Complete)
Jo's curiosity comes in handy to solve a strange mystery.

HERBOLOGY
Greens, Greens, Nothing but Greens (ERRAND) (Complete)
A tender conversation about home evolves from a morning gardening errand with a friend.

Head in the Clouds (Solo) (Complete)
Another quiet morning errand. Jo gathers flowers and herbs as she muses about the Valentine's Day tea party.

House of Toads (Complete)
Jo starts an errand with a brisk and cheerful attitude, but doubts about her creativity and skill dampen her mood.

Mandrakes for Medicine (Complete)
An irritated Jo takes out some of her anger on baby Mandrakes. Thankfully, noone makes the mistake of bothering her.

HOGWARTS EXPRESS
Ready or Not (Abandoned)
A naïve Jo cannot wait to be sorted into Slytherin. Her heart pounds in her chest as the train rattles onwards towards a strange new life.

Return for Christmas(Abandoned)
Jo and a new acquaintance bond over sugary sweets on the way back home from Hogwarts.

LIBRARY
Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (Complete)
Jo collects beetle wings and freaks out Rafa. Also some lovely witty banter.

The Winter of Our Discontent (Abandoned)
Rafa and Jo aren't feeling so peppy, but research is research, and they'll need all the information they can get. In order to focus, it seems like both of them need to get their petty squabbles sorted out.

Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abandoned)
The dynamic duo seeks information from the Slytherin Head of House.

OLLIVANDER'S
Curiouser and Curiouser... (Solo) (Incomplete)
A strange wand takes a liking to Jo, and she a liking to it.

OWLERY
Just "hoo" Might You Be? (Abandoned)
Jo finds a pet cat that has wandered into the owlery. The animal belongs to a certain Slytherin girl.

Too Large For Numbers (Abandoned)
Jo finds herself once again in the owlery as she attempts to write a letter to Lady Aithne. She find she isn't alone in the room.

POTIONS
A Living-Death Emergency (Complete)
Jo needs help, and quick! She dashes into the Potions classroom to beg Professor Price to follow her into the Headmaster's Office. Whatever could she have been doing in the Headmaster's Office?

Tainted Bouquets (Complete)
The Gryffindor finds herself right in the middle of a Slytherin trap. But a lioness is a lioness, and Jo won't go down without a fight... or will she?

QUIDDITCH PITCH
Changing Rooms (Secret Blossom Ball) (Complete)
Mosps attack the secret Blossom Ball, sending the students spiraling into chaos.

Secret Blossom Ball (Complete)
Jo wants nothing more than to let go and have fun at the ball, but slowly-accumulating paranoia sends her sprawling into the Changing Rooms in an attempt to hide from several different people, most who don't even know she's there.

QUIDDITCH TRAINING PITCH
Ending a Race; Beginning Friendships (Complete)
A relay race may be the perfect team bonding exercise to her nimble new friends, but an out-of-shape Jo begs to differ. She came all this way, though, so she'll give it a go.

SMALL HALL
Valentine's Tea (Complete)
Jo attempts to keep a low profile, but the plan fails when she becomes a bit too interested in the information a certain witness has to offer.

TRANSFIGURATION
Think You Can Best Me? (Complete)
Jo tries to make a friend during class, but she's chosen the wrong Slytherin and her plan backfires.

TROPHY ROOM
The Acid Pop Club #2 - I Solemnly Swear (Complete)
The girls try to think of a prank for their rival club while selecting nicknames for each other.
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 12 Nov 2020, 10:35, edited 34 times in total.

28 Oct 2019, 07:53

Rafael D'spacito He's absolutely horrible. I can't stand him. He's brave and strong - the perfect Gryffindor. He has a sense of honor and duty; he's always there when you need him and I couldn't think of a more reliable partner. Did I mention that I hate him? Because I totally, definitely do.

Wren Caster She's in the Acid Pop Club with me. I still remember meeting her - she passed out on the bathroom floor and scared everyone. We had a falling-out during a Christmas errand, though, and I've been avoiding her ever since. I wish I had the guts to tell her that everything was just a misunderstanding and I didn't mean to anger her.

Evelynn Decipio We're working together on the Hogwarts Mystery. I didn't know she and Rafa had a fight. I'm unsure if she is still okay with me working with him. She seems like such an amazing and intelligent person, and I want to get to know her better!

Katrina Walker Katrina and I met on the train while going to Diagon Alley for Christmas Shopping. I hope to be her friend!

Ruka Tân I don't have a good impression of him, but that's only because he interfered in a fight that he didn't belong in. Maybe that'll change - only time will tell.

Saoirse Dwight A member of the Acid Pop Club. I find her easily annoyed by me, so I'm always walking on eggshells around her now, but maybe we can learn to be friends soon. We had a really good talk by the Great Lake recently, so I hope we can put the fight we had behind us and move on.

Adlai Rod Adlai is also a member of the Acid Pop club, and the first one who showed up. She seems kind of shy, but then again - I am too. I think her stuffed rat is kind of cute, and I borrowed her book Orlando. Maybe I'll see her again soon.

Guinevere Brand A member of the Acid Pop Club. We've also been on a Herbology errand together, and shared a lot of secrets about how we felt. It's been a while since we last met. I wonder how she's doing.

Primrose Mcarthy She seems like a kind girl, but I don't know her that well.

Persephone Barret I don't understand her...What could she possibly want from me? What could she have possibly stood to gain from that horrible flower errand? Will she stay quiet about what I almost did to Jack Burnett? Why did she do what she did to Evelynn at the Valentine's Day Tea Party? Should I fear her?

Jack Burnett I'm willing to do just about anything to get back at him. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not above playing pranks and mind games, but it's time all of his lies and schemes come to an end. When his house of cards comes crumbling down... I'll be there. I will watch this boy burn. Until then, he's welcome to come have a cup of tea with me whenever he wants, because I find him interesting and potentially useful when dealt with correctly.

Victor Moore I know I messed up horribly during the Valentine's Day tea party. He probably hates me. Maybe he's scared of me. I don't know what to do about him. Should I apologize?
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 22 May 2020, 01:05, edited 34 times in total.

28 Oct 2019, 07:56

Jo does not have a pet as of yet, but Lady Aithne has promised her a cat if she finishes her first year with an O average.

Jo carries around small muslin bags in which she puts anything useful that she finds around the school as well as snacks such as squid legs and cauldron cakes. She also might have a few band-aids on her, but she's terribly disorganized so don't expect her to find them quickly.

Additionally, she has a plethora of personal items such as her trademark vermillion sweater, red notebook, and Muggle reading material.
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 18 Dec 2019, 17:15, edited 2 times in total.

28 Oct 2019, 07:57
RUMOURS
(Things your character might have heard about Jo. In other words, info about her that your character may metagame as having heard in the corridors and etc. Feel free to spread or distort any of these rumours or allow them to influence how your character sees her.)
TRUE: She is the daughter of a murderer. (If your character is wizard-born, you might know him by either his name or his criminal alias as well as some details of his crimes, trial, and sentencing in the "Parents and Infancy" section above.)

FALSE: She is in love with Rafael D'spacito.

TRUE: Calling her a "lioness" will invoke her wrath.

FALSE: She once threw a metal cube at a male Slytherin's crotch in the Great Hall completely unprovoked. (It happened, but it was definitely provoked.)

TRUE: She sometimes takes forbidden dips in the Great Lake.
(What do other people say about her? See some quotes below.)

"You seem quite the warrior, Miss Morgan." (Mr. Ollivander)

"The thing about Jo, was that one could never quite tell what she was thinking. Behind her shining eyes seemed to be an unreadable, ever-whirring mind. It was almost mechanical, the way she thought." (Guinevere Brand)

"The idea of her being in the house of cunning was definitely a possibility, as her merciless nature also came with a side of witty jokes and bright ideas..."(Rafael D'spacito)

"...she wasn't going to poke the waking bear known as Jo Morgan at this time, she'd be a fool to do that." (Saoirse Dwight)

"A deviant like me and a nice girl like you." (Victor Moore)

"From my point of view, you're almost as bad as Rafa; tempermental and grudge-holding. You try to pick fights for not apparent reason at all other than to satiate your need for revenge. How pitiful." (Jack Burnett)

"Well, it wasn't like she needed her brain, just her brawn. But by the looks of it, the girl was lacking there as well." (Evelynn Decipio)

"...the notorious Jo Morgan, leader of the girls only Acid Pop Club." (Primrose MCarthy)

"Katrina thought she was a really nice girl. They had quite a bit in common." (Katrina Walker)

"...her grit was unlike any other, in the way that she never relented in anything. There were very few people with the ability and willpower to dig into a topic with the ferocity that she would, and even fewer who would risk her own safety for answers. It was quite admirable, in fact, and generally everyone who knew the Gryffindor girl could see it." (Rafael D'spacito)

"You're quite clever, too, and I know how loyal you can be." (Evelynn Decipio)

"The girls here sure were pretty. Scary, but pretty. Like a dangerous jungle cat predator, they could rip him to shreds without a single thought but they were fun to look at. Jo was no exception." (Victor Moore)

"...she's in the same year and one of the smartest kids in Gryffindor" (Slade Deol)
Last edited by Jo Morgan on 22 May 2020, 01:11, edited 14 times in total.

14 Nov 2019, 13:29

Greetings! I am always up for an RP. If you have any ideas, please just owl me! I post about once a day but I check the site a lot more.