Register
Sign in

5 Oct 2019, 16:40
Aphrodite Bloom ୨♡୧ First Year ୨♡୧ Hufflepuff
*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿ Index ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*
Inspiration of ency were inspired by people such as @Alexx Séverin and @Brielle Gray. pls check out their accounts, their creativity is spectacular!
Last edited by Aphrodite Bloom on 13 Oct 2019, 23:24, edited 16 times in total.

5 Oct 2019, 17:15
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Show and Tell.
Aphrodite Aurora Bloom
year one
hufflepuff

birthday september 9th
species part-veela

house
hufflepuff
blood-status pure-blood
nationality french

boggart; undiscovered
20,9 centimeters, fir wood and unicorn hair.

There is no doubt that this wood, coming as it does from the most resilient of trees, produces wands that demand staying power and strength of purpose in their true owners, and that they are poor tools in the hands of the changeable and indecisive. Fir wands are particularly suited to transfiguration, and favour owners of focused, strong-minded and, occasionally, intimidating demeanour.

Unicorn hair could be used in wand-making, as wand cores. Wands with these cores produced the most consistent magic, were least subject to fluctuations and blockages, were most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts, and were the most faithful of wands. However, they do not make the most powerful of wands (unless the wand wood compensates) and are prone to melancholy if mishandled.

Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and beauty, identified with the Roman goddess Venus. She was the wife of Hephaestus and the mother of Eros, and she was often associated with the myrtle tree and doves.

Although little Bloom isn't the same famous Aphrodite, she defiantly does resemble some characteristics of the beautiful goddess of love. She has a beautiful complexion, light fair skin and chocolate brown eyes. Her hair is about as soft as silk, and passes off the illusion that it floats above the ground as she walks the halls. The color, though, is split in half, one side black and the other blonde. She often keeps it tied back due to its long length to make it easier for her to go place to place.

Now as for her personality, her heart is as big as her smile. Never once will you find her in a gloomy mood, because she always tries to find the good in things. Her presence is always cheerful and has never failed to make her peers laugh. Aphrodite is the type of girl that will always be your friend through the good and bad, and will always forgive you no matter what you've done.

As for her background, you would expect someone so positive to have a perfect family, right? Well, that isn't right. Her situation was actually very hard for her as a child. Aphrodite grew up with her father most of her life, and he was the sweetest man you had ever met. He's the reason Aphrodite is as nice as she is. Her mother on the other hand was an evil witch, who had tried to keep full custody of Aphrodite and failed. Her mother, Jacqueline Moira, had tried many years to sway her daughter into evil, to persuade her into following her footsteps, but Aphrodite knew better. Now Jacqueline is only allowed visitation, but Aphrodite barely visits her when allowed.

So how is she correlated with magic, you ask? Ah, well young Aphrodite had thousands of stuffed animals. Well, maybe not a thousand, but she had quite a lot! It was like any other day, she had been in her room, pretending her Sanrio hello kitty plushies were princesses. As she had 'made their way up the castle', the hello kitty plush moved on its own! After a minute had passed, Aphrodite realized it was her who had been controlling it, and had begun to make all of her stuffed animals move! Her father, casually checking in on her, walked in on an awkward moment as all of the cute stuffies had been floating around her room.

She then had a talk with her father that she could now attend wizarding school. Even though she was only 9, she had all sorts of dreams about how amazing her first year would be, and she just couldn't wait.

Once she came to realization of having to leave her own school though, her happy expression had drained from her face. She had so many friends there! And Marla! Oh poor sweet Marla, her best friend. They had been through everything together, ever since the first grade. Their first encounter was when Aphrodite got pushed off the swings by some tall older boys, scraping her knee. Marla walked past her and gave her a cute nature-made band aid made from a leaf. It wasn't all that great, but it made Aphrodite smile as they walked back inside. Ever since they've been inseparable, so it was hard leaving her. Though Aphrodite promised she'd visit every summer, coming back from her 'new school in Paris.'

Once she was accepted into Hogwarts, she was filled with so many emotions at once. Since both of her parents had been wizards, her father was just as excited. They had begun to gather all of the stuff needed for her freshman year of Wizarding School, and oh boy did Aphrodite go over the top. She bought so many books, more than she was even supposed to get! She wanted to be an amazing student, and once her father told her about prefect, well you can imagine.
Last edited by Aphrodite Bloom on 15 Oct 2019, 13:29, edited 11 times in total.

5 Oct 2019, 17:31
October 2019:

↳ Once everyone was off the train, Aphrodite felt a rush of relief wash over her, sick from the ride. From a distance, she could just make out the silhouette of the castle, its scenery breathtaking.

↳ Extroverted Aphrodite is eager to make new friends! Even if that means interrupting someone's peaceful reading time.

↳ As the American Ilvermorny students stop by Hogwarts for a visit, a small group catches her eye..

↳ Running through the corridors exploring forbidden paths, what could possibly go wrong? Ah yes, you could run into the Ilvermorny Students, that's something.

↳ Upon stumbling before the amirable Hufflepuff common room, Aphrodite perhaps meets a new friend. And no, the friend is not a book, although that would be just as pleasant.

↳ Charms backfire..? Yeah.
Last edited by Aphrodite Bloom on 12 Oct 2019, 15:26, edited 9 times in total.

5 Oct 2019, 19:12
Under Construction
Last edited by Aphrodite Bloom on 12 Oct 2019, 15:30, edited 7 times in total.

6 Oct 2019, 01:42
Grayson Ackley - Apparently he's Brielles other best friend who was there first. What's this guy's problem?
-
-
-
Jack Warren - She met him by screwing up the easiest of spells. Oh, and she might have spilled soda on him in the process. How embarrassing.
Robert Clarke - Aphrodite came across him from being a nerd in the common room. Thankfully he was nice to her. She thinks he's quite good company.
-
-
Brielle Gray - Ugh, where can she begin? Brielle is the most extravagant, beautiful person she's ever met, and she's not just saying that because she's her best friend. Totally not the case.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Last edited by Aphrodite Bloom on 17 Oct 2019, 00:48, edited 7 times in total.

6 Oct 2019, 02:04
Meg
⫸ Meg is a free-spirited, independent, and quick-witted girl who is also hurt and bitter due to having her heart broken by her boyfriend in the past. She is also cynical, snarky, and world-weary.
Ariel
⫸ Ariel is the seventh-born daughter of King Triton and Queen Athena of an underwater kingdom of Merfolk called Atlantica. She is often rebellious, determined, yet clumsy as well. Her biggest dream was to be apart of the Human World.
Rapunzel
⫸ Rapunzel is a spirited, smart, clever, kind, playful, and a very adventurous girl, all though she is a bit naive. However, she is not afraid to stand up for herself or others when the situation calls for bravery
Last edited by Aphrodite Bloom on 12 Oct 2019, 15:45, edited 2 times in total.

6 Oct 2019, 16:24
Thread Status: open!
Owls: open!
Posting Speed: I should be able to get back to you in about a day or two!
Nationality: American
Timezone: EST
Discord: laurenffm#4399, 'Goddess' Aphrodite Bloom on the HiO server
DMs: open as well!

Hi!! I'm currently a sophomore in Highschool, so my life is kinda busy OOC. As I'm still entirely new to the site, I'm still trying to understand all the mechanics and how everything works! So if I mess up somewhere, {which I will most likely..} pls bare with me!

Some of my hobbies are things like Marching Band! I know that kind of sounds lame, but it really is so much fun. I'm technically in Color Guard, in which case the band wouldn't look pretty without us, just saying. It's my second year on the Guard team and I view my team members as sisters, as there's no way to split us apart.

I'm also apart of my school's esports club, so uhm aha. Gamers unite. It's fun! Whenever I don't have Marching Band rehearsal me an a few guy friends go to the club to play League of Legends. It's honestly one one the coolest things though, just getting to play video games with your friends as a club. Heck yes.

I have straight A's, I've maybe gotten a B once on a report card all throughout middle and highschool. I try to keep a well maintained reputation in my school, and so far, it's working.

As well as my normal base school, I also ride a bus every morning to a university to take advanced classes on Anatomy. On top of that, I attend a Special Skilled Art class close to my school as well. I ride the bus there every other day, right after lunch.

So all in all, my life is pretty hectic. Though, I'm going to try my best to stay just as active here while still focusing on school and studies.
Last edited by Aphrodite Bloom on 12 Oct 2019, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

12 Oct 2019, 15:24

Stamina: 5
Evasion: 6
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 4
Arcane Power: 4
Accuracy: 6
N/A
N/A

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.