Sign in

21 Aug 2019, 02:41
Myrina Blackstone, First Year, Slytherin

Full Name: Myrina Fae Blackstone
House: Slytherin
Wand: 24.5 cm cherry wood and thunderbird tail feather
School Year: 2025
Species: Human

Family: Myrina is the only child of Purebloods Marin and Kalina Blackstone. Although her house name is “Blackstone”, there is no familial relationship with the house of Black. Myrina has been brought up in the Pureblood tradition. Her mother Kalina died when she was seven under mysterious circumstances. While Myrina does not know the details, she does know that her mother was associated with the Department of Mysteries. Upon her mother’s death, her maternal grandmother Margaret Rosewood-a renowned Herbologist- took over as a second parent. They have a very close relationship. While her father Marin was in her life as a young child, he has become more scarce since her mother’s death and spends most of his time absorbed in the running of his private barrister practice. Myrina believes her father’s absence is because she looks more like her mother as she matures.

Hobbies & Talents: Myrina spends a lot of time in the family gardens and greenhouses due to her grandmother’s influence. Her first bit of accidental magic was making the family’s famous Opscuro roses bloom in the dead of winter. Her favorite flower is the larkspur because of the dark blue color....and because they are poisonous. Myrina’s other hobbies include reading and chess- proper activities for a Pureblooded girl, according to her father. She is also talented at self-defense, in which she was tutored in at her grandmother’s insistence. She is abysmal at knitting and Quidditch.

Personality: Myrina is a level-headed witch in most circumstances, although she can be stubborn. She is a decent judge of character although she does tend to forgive if she is wronged the first time. After that, she holds a grudge. She cares about her grades and making a good first impression on the adults in her life. Her ambition is to become a Mediwitch specializing in magical accidents and maladies.

Myrina can be quite ruthless in pursuit of her goals and will act outside of the rules if it gets her what she wants. While she is good at pretending to be outgoing, but her natural introvert tendencies require her to withdraw every so often to recharge. Her biggest fault is that she does not like to be left out and that can sometimes cause her to make unwise choices.

Social Life Myrina is typically a loner with few close friends. Since her mother’s death, her family have been somewhat isolated from Wizarding society for reasons Myrina doesn’t quite understand. While she does not have much exposure to other children, she gets along well with adults, especially her grandmother’s colleagues who visit the family estate on a regular basis. As a result, she has been exposed to some of the best minds in Herbology and Potions. Her grandmother calls her an “old soul.”
Last edited by Myrina Blackstone on 24 Aug 2019, 06:26, edited 10 times in total.

Either I will find a way, or I will make one.

21 Aug 2019, 03:06
RPG

21 Aug 2019, 03:07
Relationships