◂Kind▸
◂Friendly ▸
◂Protective▸
◂Adventurous▸
◦【 HISTORY 】◦
↽⎯⎯⎯⎯⌟⌋―――⌊⌞⎯⎯⎯⎯⇁
BACKGROUND
So, what’s there to tell really?
My name’s James. Average kid. Brown Hair. Brown Eyes. Pale as printer paper.

Mum’s a Social Worker, Dad does Software Development. Clever enough to do get ahead a grade in my English and History classes. Not clever enough to avoid backchatting my Maths teacher. And 11 months ago I found out I was a wizard. Mum and Dad still don’t believe it I think. I think they’re worried for me too. I’m one of those “too curious for your own good” types Mum says. Always getting into trouble and ending up places I wasn’t supposed to be. Look, I only broke into my school once and that because I was almost totally certain they were putting some mind control syrup into the school lunches. Ok maybe imagination got the best of me there but magic exists, so you tell me if anything makes sense anymore. It’s always me and my best friend Pete doing this stuff together. He’s not a wizard apparently. I’ve just found out he’s something these magic-types call a “muggle”. I don’t like it. Some of these wizards are seriously snooty about it. I don’t like that I’m not allowed to tell him any of this stuff either. I mean you find out centaurs actually genuinely exist and live in England and you can’t tell your best mate any of it? How’s that fair? I’m really going to miss him.

Anyway, there were a couple of spooky things that happened when I was younger that really make more sense now. Dad calls them the “incidents”. I’d be out exploring the neighbourhood and then out of nowhere I’m just miles alway from where I started. I’m serious, once my parents had to come pick me up from the French side of the Channel Tunnel. They had to renew their passports and everything. Never thought to chalk it up to magic though. There was this other time that should have tipped me off I think. There was this kid in my class and let’s not beat around the bush here, he was a Grade A dickhead. His name was Josh and he made my life living hell. Once he threw my backpack into a storm drain. Yeah I know. He once tied Pete to a telephone box and forced him to eat a dog turd. I hate him for that. Anyway, one day he accosts me and Pete on the walk home from school and he starts trying to throw punches. Just as one’s about to land and completely splatter my nose his fist just gets caught in midair like an invisible hand is holding it. And then, I kid you not, he just starts hovering. Up and up and up until he’s well over 20 metres in the air. Then he drops, like a rock. He slows down right before he hits the ground, this isn’t some tragic child- death story or anything like that. But I’m totally petty enough to share with you that he pissed his pants. He transferred schools after that. Actually I think he was so freaked his Parents sent him to a boarding school in Australia or something. I hope it’s character building for him. Anyway, that’s the story so far. I’m going to miss being a “muggle” if I ever was but maybe these wizards will be nice. Though this fantasy stuff is still blowing my mind. Did you know there are unicorns? Just walking around in the wild. Real unicorns!

When I got to Hogwarts, things started to feel a little less exciting I guess. I don't know, I just feel out of place here. Everyone's seems so mysterious and enchanting, and I'm just... me. Turns out everyone uses trunks, which was a little embarrassing when I turned up here with my Dad's old hiking backpack and my Jurassic Park bag. The caretaker tried his best to take it from me, but I refused. I'm clinging onto at least one thing from my old life...
for the time being anyway.

I got sorted into Ravenclaw, apparently its the house for the clever kids. An old hat told me I was creative, which is a new and weird experience I've got to say.
Last edited by James McMurtrie on 8 Jan 2020, 01:13, edited 6 times in total.

Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 5 | Strength : 7 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 7 | Accuracy : 3

19 Jul 2019, 04:31
James McMurtrie - First Year - Ravenclaw
◦【 MY JOURNAL 】◦

Mum said it might be a good idea to keep a journal while I'm here. Just so I can keep a track on where things are going. Maybe it'll help me to remember what I'm actually doing here you know?

15th of June 2019
Reducio

I'm so angry! Pete said he's not going to be my friend anymore, because I won't tell him about this Scottish Boarding school I'm going to... He's kind of right though. I've been lying to him for nearly ten months. And I hate it! I hate it I hate it I hate it! Mum thinks it's going to be ok. But I don't think she's right. Things are going to be different now, forever and there's nothing I can do to change that.

Secrets Kept

23rd July 2019
Reducio

Mum and Dad, took me to shop for all my school supplies today. It was honestly a bit scary I don't know how I'm going to keep up with all of this stuff you know? There's all these books I've never heard of and spells I don't know. Apparently there's this thing called Quiddich, it's a sport and Dad's totally obsessed. He made me promise to try out when I can. I'm not too sure I want to but at least I can try. Also I met this nice girl at the Bookshop. Her name was Charlotte and I think she could help me a lot when I go to Hogwarts. If I can ever live down Dad completely mortifying me infront of her...

A Charming Encounter

September 1st 2019

Reducio
So it's my first day at Magic school. I didn't end up speaking to anybody on the train journey. I was honestly still kind of reeling from going straight through a wall to get to the platform. I spent most of the trip reading my battered copy of The Dark Tower. Mum and Dad found I'm not allowed to take electronics to this place. Apparently they don't work very well in the presence of lots of magic. So I can't even call them to tell them I got here ok. Pete didn't really understand why I wasn't allowed to Facebook him for a whole six months, and I really wish I could tell him. Anything, I just want to tell him anything.
Well, when I get the chance, I'm going to try out sending an Owl to my parents, maybe this whole avian message system will be fun.
I might have messed up a little bit, to be honest. I got in a fight with the caretaker, because he wanted to take my backpack, but it's all I've got left of the real world... well not the real world, just the non-magical kind. I'm not sure if making an enemy of the caretaker is going to put my in good stead this year...
I met the principal, he's always wearing this fancy armour - not too sure how I feel about it. He seems kind though. Powerful, but kind.
And I got sorted into Ravenclaw, it's the house for the clever kids, a hat told me, apparently I'm creative or something.
I also met this kid, she's a girl. Silver hair, her name's Lark. She agreed to be friends with me which is awesome. She seems clever and nice. I think things are going to be ok here!

Sorting Ceremony

Last edited by James McMurtrie on 1 Aug 2019, 13:54, edited 6 times in total.

Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 5 | Strength : 7 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 7 | Accuracy : 3

19 Jul 2019, 04:33

↽⎯⎯⎯⎯⌟⌋―――⌊⌞⎯⎯⎯⎯⇁
◦【 RELATIONSHIPS 】◦
FAMILY
Mary McMurtrie - Mum
David McMurtrie - Dad
Peter Lane - Best Friend (at least I hope he still is)
HOGWARTS
AVENCLAW
Charlotte Marie Mahr ▸▸▸ Girlfriend
Lark Flaer ▸▸▸ Best Friend
Logan Berry ▸▸▸ Friend
Clem Larch ▸▸▸ Friend
Gem Stuart ▸▸▸ Porridge Knight and Wife
Tatiana Crane ▸▸▸ Enemy
Elzabeth Gillan ▸▸▸ Friend

𝔾RYFFINDOR
Savannah Rose ▸▸▸ Enemy
Maggie Parker ▸▸▸ Friend
Lamik Fillestar ▸▸▸ Friend

UFFLEPUFF
Charlotte Cadunt ▸▸▸ Friend
Amelia Boux ▸▸▸ Friend

𝕊LYTHERIN
Margo White ▸▸▸ Friend
Last edited by James McMurtrie on 18 Oct 2019, 04:41, edited 16 times in total.

19 Jul 2019, 05:08
Last edited by James McMurtrie on 3 Aug 2019, 06:16, edited 6 times in total.