1. Pre-Hogwarts history
  2. Relationships
  3. RPGs
  4. Personality
  5. Appearance
  6. Academic career
  7. Statistics
To whoever is reading this:

My name is Avalon Morgane Sylvester. I prefer to be called Ava, though. I am a first year student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I was sorted in the Slytherin house, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As you can probably guess, I'm a pure-blood. My father is Sebastian Absolon Sylvester, the only other Sylvester alive. My mother is Elenora Rowle, who's from a well-known British pure-blood family. The Sylvesters were originally British as well, but left many centuries ago to mainland Europe. They made a fortune with fooling Muggles, making fake gold and trading it for money. You may call it unfair or criminal, but I just think it was very smart of them. Alas, none of them are alive anymore. It's a long story that has to do with Gellert Grindelwald and much bloodshed, but that's for another day. You can ask me about it if you're really curious, but don't you dare judge me for their actions. My parents and I strongly believe that they should be lauded for what they did. The end justifies the means, and they were fighting for a world where witches and wizards would finally have to stop living in the shadows.

But I digress. You're here to get to know more about me, right? Well then, let me give you a brief overview. I'm eleven years young, and my birthday is December 21st. I'm a bit short and my weight is none of your business. I've got very black hair, which is one of the Sylvester's trademarks. The same goes for my eyes: they're light-brown with an amber teint, but it's often mistaken for yellow. Especially when I'm angry, people say my eyes are almost cat-like.

Talking about anger - Sylvesters are well-known for their amazing wandless magic. They can control things around them without even touching them or thinking of a spell!  It's not the same as nonverbal magic, but my father's really good at that as well, so maybe it's related after all. When I'm really angry or emotional in some other way, things tend to... explode. Or they go awry in another way. Sometimes I accidentally hurt others or damage my surroundings. I hope that at Hogwarts, I can find out how to control this gift. My ancestors used it mainly for destructive purposes, such as harming or killing others.  This is also why people seem to be quite afraid of me. At first, this made me feel quite bad, but now I consider it an asset.  Their fear means they respect me in some way and see me as someone who's talented, which is never a bad thing.

Now, what am I trying to achieve at Hogwarts? First of all, I want to learn as many useful charms and hexes as possible. I also wish to learn even more about magical creatures, and see them for myself. I want to achieve great academic results and make my parents proud. Later, I'm probably going to be working at the Ministry, although being a Professor might be an option as well.

I think that's it for now. If you want to know more, I believe there's a nice, detailed page about me in the encyclopedia. If you still need to know more, send me an owl. But don't bother me with useless questions! I'm busy improving my skills, mind you.

Kind regards,

Avalon Sylvester

1. Pre-Hogwarts history
Avalon Morgane Sylvester, who prefers to simply be called 'Ava', was born on December 21st 2006. She is a pure-blood witch of the well-known Sylvester family that moved to France in the 12th century after one of their kin committed a serious crime.  Ava's father was the first of the family to return to the United Kingdom, where he married and stayed. He built a house for his family up in Scotland, where Ava was born.

The Sylvester family is well-known for their natural skill in wandless magic, which is often triggered by heightened emotions and can put others in jeopardy. Because of this, Avalon was homeschooled by her parents in order to avoid any accidents. This was also done because they did not want to send her to a Muggle school, since they were proud to say that they were perfectly anti-Muggle, thank you very much. Avalon's youth was therefore very isolated, only being kept company by the books on the wizarding world her parents brought home from Diagon Alley, and the old house-elf Ichabod. Avalon herself was not yet allowed to go with them to Diagon Alley, for reasons she would only later find out when finally going there for the first time in her life to get her supplies for her first year at Hogwarts.

Diagon Alley

When Avalon got her letter, she was ecstatic. She would finally be able to go to Hogwarts and learn magic, something she had only ever read about! However, her parents still would not let her, and again did not explain why not. Avalon was livid and stormed upstairs, where she called for their house-elf Ichabod. "Take me to Diagon Alley," she pleaded, holding back tears. "Just this once I want to see it for myself." 
Ichabod, who cares for Avalon very much, complied and transported her to Diagon Alley. Here, she finally realised what her parents had been trying to protect her from. People looked at her funny, and she could hear them whisper around her. "That's a Sylvester, right? What's it doing walking around freely? Isn't she dangerous?" 
Met with such blatant antipathy, Avalon quickly understood her role in the wizarding world: someone to fear, someone who would grow up to do horrible things. 

Her parents quickly found out that she was gone and went to pick her up. They told her the reason for everybody's fear: the Sylvester's were Gellert Grindelwald's staunchest allies, and were known for indiscriminately slaughering his enemies and innocent Muggles for the greater good. The Sylvesters are great at wandless magic after all, and can hone their skills to harm or kill others. They told her that she would probably face discrimination at school, and it would be in her best interest to get in the Slytherin house, since they would show her the respect she deserved.

Anecdote from her past
For her seventh birthday, Ava received a book on magical creatures. Here she read about Nifflers, and was so enamoured by Nifflers that she begged their house-elf Ichabod to get her one. He did, and came back with one that managed to ransack the abode in ten minutes. Naturally, Ava's parents were less than happy, and Ava spent the rest of her birthday putting everything the creature had collected back in its place. Her parents, realising her newfound love for creatures, got her a Kneazle as a belated birthday present, and made her promise to never bring other creatures in the house again without them knowing it.
Last edited by Avalon Sylvester on 20 Mar 2018, 09:23, edited 9 times in total.

- Avalon

11 Mar 2018, 13:39
Avalon Sylvester, First Year Slytherin
Relationships

Pre-Hogwarts relationships
Mother - Elenora Rowle

Father - Sebastian Absolon Sylvester
Avalon has a good relationship with her parents. They truly do everything in their power to cater to her every wish. However, they also put a lot of pressure on their daughter, telling her who to like and dislike, how to behave, the house she has to be in and the grades she has to achieve.  

Avalon's father has quite the dark past, but since meeting his wife, he has let it all behind him. Now, they've isolated themselves from the wizarding community and are living quite the peaceful existence.

House-elf - Ichabod XV
Ichabod is one of the few magical elements of Avalon's childhood. When she was young, this calm and caring house-elf was her best friend, and she still believes he is. Even though house-elves are considered less intellectual and lower in status to wizards, Avalon does not view Ichabod that way. Ichabod takes care of the Sylvester household and does all the chores, but whenever Avalon calls for him at Hogwarts, he immediately shows up. He also sends her messages and gifts from her parents. 

Relationships at Hogwarts

Slytherins

Roommates: Paws Greenan, Crystal Willows, Jane Dandrige, Edith Woods

Gryffindors

Eris Elcan - met her at Madam Malkin's and on the Hogwarts Express, a good acquaintance

Ravenclaws

Adam Harringtom - met him at Madam Malkin's and on the Hogwarts Express, a good acquaintance

Hufflepuffs
Avalon currently has no relationships within the Hufflepuff house
Last edited by Avalon Sylvester on 18 Mar 2018, 11:06, edited 4 times in total.

- Avalon

11 Mar 2018, 14:23
RPGs

Avalon's story in chronological order

Avalon purchases her wand.

Avalon travels to Hogwarts, meeting some other students. 

Ava purchases her school robes and meets some other first-years.

The Sorting Ceremony
Avalon finally arrives at Hogwarts and is ready to be sorted. 
Discovering the Common Room
Avalon sets foot in the Common Room for the first time. 
Dorm 14
Avalon meets her roommates.
Last edited by Avalon Sylvester on 17 Mar 2018, 21:18, edited 9 times in total.

- Avalon

11 Mar 2018, 14:25
Personality

Ava grew up very isolated. Her parents are both very anti-muggle, so she shares their sentiment. She can accept muggleborns only if they are members of the Slytherin house, since she believes that Slytherins should support each other as all other houses seem to be against them. 

Ava likes keeping everyone a friend, or at least likes making everyone feel like she is on their side  She acts nice to pupils from other houses, unless she has a real reason to openly show her disdain for them. She does not promise anyone but her close friends her loyalty and never truly makes her intentions known, not often saying what she's thinking directly.

Ava is a very reserved person, and keeps her emotions and motivation hidden as much as she can, but she has limits as well. Ava is sometimes easily provoked, which is dangerous because she easily resorts to her wandless magic.

Ava likes people who have a particular talent, are from a pure-blood family, or otherwise intrigue her. She 'collects' them by keeping them as her friends or at least stay on good terms with her, in case they ever prove useful to her. 
magical creatures, practical magic, mindgames, competitions, Slytherins

DISLIKES

muggles, unfound rumours, bad liars, idiots, losing
Last edited by Avalon Sylvester on 17 Mar 2018, 15:11, edited 10 times in total.

- Avalon

11 Mar 2018, 14:30
Appearance
Skin: pale

Hair: black, long, wavy. Often intricately braided.

Eyes: amber
Height: short for her age
Weight: average
Flaws: mole under her left eye
Last edited by Avalon Sylvester on 16 Apr 2018, 14:15, edited 2 times in total.

- Avalon

11 Mar 2018, 14:36
Academic Career

First year
Grades
Charms: O
Spells
Avalon has not mastered any spells as of yet.
Potions
Avalon has not mastered any potions as of yet.

Extracurricular activities: 
  • Keeper of the Slytherin Quidditch Team
  • Lead Writer of the Slytherin Newspaper
Last edited by Avalon Sylvester on 16 Apr 2018, 14:14, edited 8 times in total.

- Avalon

12 Mar 2018, 18:31
Avalon Sylvester wrote:
Relationships

Pre-Hogwarts relationships
Mother - Elenora Rowle

Father - Sebastian Absolon Sylvester
Avalon has a good relationship with her parents. They truly do everything in their power to cater to her every wish. However, they also put a lot of pressure on their daughter, telling her who to like and dislike, how to behave, the house she has to be in and the grades she has to achieve.  

Avalon's father has quite the dark past, but since meeting his wife, he has let it all behind him. Now, they've isolated themselves from the wizarding community and are living quite the peaceful existence.

House-elf - Ichabod XV
Ichabod is one of the few magical elements of Avalon's childhood. When she was young, this calm and caring house-elf was her best friend, and she still believes he is. Even though house-elves are considered less intellectual and lower in status to wizards, Avalon does not view Ichabod that way. Ichabod takes care of the Sylvester household and does all the chores, but whenever Avalon calls for him at Hogwarts, he immediately shows up. He also sends her messages and gifts from her parents. 

Relationships at Hogwarts

Slytherins

Chloe 'Paws' Greenan, her roommate

Gryffindors

Avalon currently has no relationships within the Gryffindor house

Ravenclaws

Avalon currently has no relationships within the Ravenclaw house

Hufflepuffs
Avalon currently has no relationships within the Hufflepuff house

- Avalon

20 Mar 2018, 09:22