Register
Sign in

7 Jul 2019, 23:26
Boniface Murtagh MacTavish ❀ Herbology

Faigh eagal
Agus an uairsin dèan e co-dhiù

8 Jul 2019, 00:16

Boniface - (BAHN-ə-fays) From the Late Latin name Bonifatius, which meant "good fate" from bonum "good" and fatum "fate". This was the name of nine popes and also several saints, including an 8th-century Anglo-Saxon missionary to Germany (originally named Winfrid) who is now regarded as the patron saint of that country. It came into use in England during the Middle Ages, but became rare after the Protestant Reformation.

Murtagh - (MUR-tah) Anglicized form of MUIRCHERTACH or MUIREDACH. Muirchertach: Means "mariner" in Gaelic. This was the name of a 6th-century Irish high king. Muiredach: Means "lord" in Irish. This was the name of several legendary and historical kings of Ireland. ALSO: Muir "sea” and Ceardach "skilled” implying "skilled in the ways of the sea."

MacTavish - (mik-TAV-ish) Scottish surname from the elements "Mac" ("son of") and "Tavish" (Scottish form of "Thomas").

Boniface is a man of many masks. On one hand, a courageous Gryffindor. In the other, the soft-spoken Herbology loving Scot. Hailing from the red house of bravery, he decided that he was both perfectly in place and perfectly out of it all at once. He had almost decided that he belonged entirely to the house of Ravenclaw, but that just wasn't so.

His early years were spent holed up in his common room, nose stuck in a herbology book. Lacking in the department of friends, he found himself alone. No room for bravery when there was no adventure sought. It was his personal decision that perhaps such bravery would catch up to him in his later years and prove him entirely wrong. A man of comfort, Boniface originally did not plan to go toe-to-toe with what life had in store for him.

That was until he hit the age of twenty.

At twenty, Boniface found himself in a standoff with an unfriendly wizard who had made his way to his door. Words of miracles spread about him, but in reality, it was only the work of natural herbs. None of what young Boniface produced had any trace of magic. The ministry knew, and he supposed that this man knew too.

On any given day, Boniface would have stood down. Apologized, submitted. But on this particular day, Boniface scowled heavily at this unknown wizard. And he fought. Not a duel, not a brawl. But a dispute of words.

Was this the bravest thing he could have done in his life? Perhaps. A lone wizard, angry about the "exposure of their world" was enough to bring him down. Boniface was powerful. He had every means to duel this man. Instead, he did the honorable thing. He stood his ground, though he was not violent.

Boniface was, in fact, a Gryffindor.

Boniface is a descendant from Clan MacTavish, otherwise known as "Thompson" or "Thomson". Clan MacTavish dates back years and years, and are an ancient Highland clan. Though they carried no known magical blood, it was a surprise that Boniface turned up the wizard of the bunch.

Of course, Clan MacTavish is now spread far and wide, going by various different names, and the original bloodline, of course, thinning as the years went on. It was also by chance that Boniface just so happened to be one of the few members of the clan carrying the bloodline and name that was necessary to become Chief.

But that would not happen. Not in his lifetime. He could make his clan proud when it came the time. He could lead them proudly. And that was the plan, up until his 32nd year on earth. The day that he decided to become a Professor, and return to the House of Gryffindor once more.

Faigh eagal

29 Jul 2019, 14:50

credit: scott alexander

credit: scott alexander

credit: griseldis edelhardt

Faigh eagal

31 Jul 2019, 20:35
"How can I reach you other than owls?"
The best way you can reach me is VIA Discord. My tag is TKACHUKycheese#7674

"What if I have questions about your homework?"
For a quick response, shoot me a DM on Discord. If you don't have Discord, you can either owl me or post here.

"Are you open for threads?"
At the moment, yes. However, please keep in mind that I am running two accounts as well as have a real life, so my replies will not always be the quickest. But I do love threads, so please, do not hesitate to ask for one!

"Are you friendly?"
Yes, very! Please, DM me! Be my friend! I love intercting with all of you, and I promise that I do not bite!

Faigh eagal