Appearance

Eyes
Azure

Hair
Thick and black. His bangs often hang into his eyes

Skin Tone
Fair

Face Structure
Inheriting his looks from his father, he has an attractive face with lean and mature features, accentuated by his azure-colored eyes. There is a slight bump on the bridge of his nose, though it's not really noticeable unless you look closely from the side.

Physique
Of about average height - being just under 4' 8" - he is quite skinny, but has a certain athleticism in his build. Despite being slim, his shoulders are slightly more broad than you might think. His arms and legs are about average length to fit his height.

Personality

Traits

Positive

Optimistic
Kind
Cheerful
Sarcastic sense of humor, even in uncertain situations

Neutral

Very Protective
A bit of a Romantic
Excitable
Deep Thinker

Negative

Tends to get lost in his own thoughts
Overthinks at times
Underthinks at times
Often Oblivious

The beauty of the World around him
A good Joke
A bad Joke
Romance

Dislikes

Those who are Disrespectful (Especially towards Women/Girls)
Snobbery
Spiders
Spicy Food

History

Father

Reducio
Aldous Faron Azul was born a half-blood in London, February 21st, 1987.
The youngest of four children, he had a sister and two brothers, his sister being the second youngest.
He had grown up knowing nothing of the existence of magic, though he would eventually discover that his mother could wield power only spoken of in legends and children's fables.

While his brothers mainly teased him when he was around and simply didn't want much to do with either of their younger siblings, he and his sister, Anwen, were the best of friends. Though he did make friends outside of his family, Aldous always preferred spending time with Anwen, and she with him.

The secret of magic was kept until Aldous was ten years of age.
One warm summer day, Aldous and Anwen had gone on what was planned to be a pleasant walk, their route not taking them far from home. Those pleasant plans had been destroyed, however, when three boys, all at least five years older than Aldous, had intercepted them, not allowing them to pass.
Though Aldous himself had never really realized it, his sister, twelve years old at the time, was an attractive girl, and the threesome of boys began heckling her, pushing her around.
"Knock it off!" Aldous cried, kicking one boy in the shin only to have his arms quickly and painfully pulled behind him by another. As his assailant dragged him away, ears filling with the cries of his sister, the small ten-year old became filled with a rage he had never known before, and with it, a power deep inside of him.
"If you touch her again, I promise you will regret it," he stated calmly, menacingly, enough even to make the boy dragging him come to a halt. Unfortunately for the brute who had been kicked in the shin, he simply shrugged off the threats of a helpless kid and reached for Anwen's arm, only to let out a cry like you might hear from a five-year old girl as he wrenched his hand away from Anwen's skin. The boy had examined his palm with tears in his eyes, finding it to be an angry red, burned as if he had left it on a pot of boiling water a little too long.
Seeing the hand, the one holding Aldous immediately released him as though afraid of the same thing happening to him. The third heckler glanced between the burned hand, the girl, and the strange little boy who met his own gaze with one of fire. After a moment, he spoke in a quivering voice to his friends, "Come on. Let's get out of here." He then took off at a sprint down the street, followed by the other two, one still clutching his wrist.

As soon as the three had gone, Anwen had turned to Aldous, fear in her own eyes. Brother and sister had then hurried home to tell their mother what had happened.
After the immediate fluster of worry at the mention of the boys heckling her daughter, their mother had turned her attention to her son, a different kind of concern on her face.
Being told they would talk about it later, Aldous had been forced to wait until after his father returned home later that evening and his parents held a quiet discussion behind a closed door.
Later that night, Aldous had learned about the wondrous world of magic, an idea that seemed absurd to him; that is, until the letter arrived on his eleventh birthday.

Mother

Reducio
Cerys Evelyn Flores was born a pure-blood in London, July 29th, 1988.
Her parents were what many would call "snobs." They had plenty of money, and though they did use much of it in the name of charity, they would never fail to make it known to one and all the good they had done, and always made sure they received returns from it one way or another.
While her parents were not bad people, they simply did not seem to harbor a very large ability to love, especially when it came to their two children. Well, really just when it came to Cerys.
Her older sister, Charlotte, always did everything for their parents, stopping at basically nothing to gain their approval. And gain their approval she did. They had always been proud to call Charlotte their eldest, though they were more reluctant to place such claim on Cerys, who had always preferred to live for herself rather than her parents.
All of this resulted, of course, in Cerys basically being shunned by her entire family, forcing her to reach outside her home. This meant that she had always kept a close circle of friends, mostly derived from kids at her private school, and they became like the family she never really had.

Charlotte Flores, being two years older than Cerys, had gone to Hogwarts with great anticipation, soon writing letters declaring that she had followed in her father's footsteps and become a member of the Slytherin house. Their mother had harbored a certain amount of desire for her eldest daughter to join her own house, being Ravenclaw, but she saw being placed into Slytherin a great honor regardless.

Cerys had received the letter from Hogwarts on her eleventh birthday, though her parents hardly even seemed to notice. She had read the letter with excitement mixed with reluctance. The excitement was caused by the prospect of living away from her parents and having the opportunity to spend basically all of her time with friends. The reluctance was wrought by a deep sadness at leaving the friends she already had.
The letter had been no surprise, though, as she had known of her magical abilities since before she even remembered. Though she did have a favorite memory of magic, which was only a few years old at that point.

She was already out the door one winter morning as she headed to school when she heard a shrill voice behind her. "Come back here with that scarf!" The voice had cried.
Cerys had turned around only to have her favorite blue woolen scarf ripped from her neck.
"That's better," Charlotte sighed as she wrapped the scarf around her own neck.
Cerys could only gape for a few moments before she regained control of herself. Raising a chastising finger to her sister's face, she snapped, "You can't just take that. That's my scarf! You have your own!" She reached for the scarf only to have her hands swatted painfully back down.
"Of course I have my own scarf, silly! But I lent it to Amelia yesterday, so now I'm taking yours." Charlotte wore a triumphant grin as she strode past Cerys. "Have a good day at school!"
"Hey!" Cerys called, face turning red, though not from the cold. "That's my... get back... gahh!" Too flustered to think of anything intelligible to say, she simply watched her older sister stroll down the icy sidewalk. That was when she took notice of the trees lining the walkway, heavily laden branches bending under the weight of all the snow they held. Focusing all her attention and anger on one particularly snow-covered branch, she thought, I just wish that would snap and fall right on her head.
Not a moment after she had the thought, that very thing did, indeed, happen. The branch suddenly snapped like a twig, dumping its considerable contents onto Charlotte, effectively putting out the girl's triumphant fire and even knocking her to the ground.
As her sister let out a cry of alarm, Cerys rushed over, ripped the scarf from Charlotte's neck and took off down the walkway, tossing a "Thank you very much" over her shoulder as she went.

After pondering on the matter for a good while, Cerys had decided to leave for Hogwarts in search of new friends and more knowledge of how to use her magic.

Romance at Hogwarts

Reducio
Aldous Azul joined Hogwarts in 1998 and was placed into the Gryffindor house, which didn't mean much to him at the time, other than the fact that he would not be joining his mother's house, Hufflepuff.

Cerys Flores joined Hogwarts in the year 1999 and was placed into the Ravenclaw house, though her mother didn't seem to care much that her youngest had been placed into her house like she had wished for her oldest.

Aldous was an average student during his first year, not from lack of trying to be better, but for a lack of understanding the ways of magic.
He did manage to make a few close friends that first year, which enhanced his experience greatly.

Cerys had excellent grades from the start, having picked up at least one trait from the teachings of her parents.
Not long into her first year, she caught the eye of a handsome boy with black hair and eyes the spectacular color of azure. She smiled at the boy, who immediately excused himself from a conversation he was having with a few friends.
“Hello there,” the boy said, a winning smile on his face as he stretched his hand out to her. “I don’t believe we’ve met.”
She gave him a sweet smile of her own, shaking his hand and replying, “I’m Cerys.”
He moved to clasp her small hand in both of his. “So glad to meet you, Cerys,” he said. “My name is Aldous.”

The two had become fast friends, he being one of her first at Hogwarts.
It wasn’t until five years later, in his seventh year and her sixth at Hogwarts, that he had made a decision and worked up the courage to put it into action.

They had just exited a class that they were taking together and had been chatting as they walked down the hall towards their next classes. They soon reached a point where they had to split up, however, as they had different classes next.
They said their temporary farewells and began walking in opposite directions before Aldous stopped, hesitated for a moment, then turned back and ran to catch up with Cerys.
“Cerys, wait!” He called, causing her to turn around, a question in her brown eyes.
“What is it, Aldous?” She asked.
“I.. um...” He stammered for a minute, then found his words. “Can I talk to you in private for a moment?”
Cerys glanced at the clock. The halls were already becoming less crowded as students filed to their respective classrooms.
“It’s kind of late,” she said. “Can it wait until later?”
Aldous came so near to simply saying “sure” that he could have smacked himself. He had to do this now, or it might never happen.
“No, it really can’t,” he said insistently. “I promise it won’t take long.”
Cerys chewed her bottom lip for a moment before saying, “Fine. But if you make me late for Charms class, I’ll kill you, and then I’ll have my teacher kill you again for good measure.”
He knew she was kidding, of course, but considering the current situation, anything worried him unnecessarily. He merely nodded and pulled her to an area of the hall where basically no one still lingered.
Waiting until he was satisfied that no one would overhear them, Aldous took hold of each of Cerys’s arms and looked straight into those gorgeous, deep brown eyes of hers. Those eyes, her closeness, even the way she smelled made the knot of nerves in his stomach grow worse than ever, but he forced that down and began.
“Cerys, you and I have been friends for a long time. Really, really great friends.” He paused and added, “Right?”
She nodded, suspicion now evident on her face.
Time to just get it over with, Aldous thought. May as well find out now if you’re going to be the happiest student at Hogwarts tonight or miserable forever.
He took a deep breath and continued, “Well, I was just... I just wondered if... Cerys, will you go out with me?”
There. He had said it; there was nothing he could do about it now.
Cerys just stared at him, wearing a slight expression of shock at first, which then changed to one of amusement.
“Aldous, I don’t understand why that was so hard for you,” she said through a grin. “We’ve spent tons of time together over the last five years.”
Aldous ran a hand over his face. “Yes, I know. But this is different. I’m asking you on an actual date. And what that really means is...” he took her hands in his. “I’m asking you if you would like to see if we could be more than friends.”
Now Cerys’s expression softened, her playful smile taking on a more sweet and flirtatious form. She squeezed his hands. “Aldous, I would love to go on a date with you.”
Relief and joy flooded out all doubt and worry, and Aldous hugged her, lifting her in the air and spinning her around.

Aldous Faron Azul and Cerys Evelyn Flores were married June 17th, 2007, a year after Cerys graduated from Hogwarts, and returned to London, where they had both grown up, to start their life together.
Just over a year later, even more joy was brought to their lives as Cerys delivered a baby boy
on July 7th, 2008. They would name him Jay Aldous Azul.

Jay Aldous Azul

Pre-Hogwarts

Reducio
Jay Aldous Azul was wizard-born in London, July 7th, 2008.
His mother nearly died giving birth to him, only just pulled from the brink of death by her wonderful doctor and his team. His parents would have loved to give him brothers and sisters to grow up with, but his father simply did not believe life was worth living without his wife, and absolutely refused to have another child.
So Jay was an only child, which only gave his parents more time to focus on loving him and teaching him the ways of the world. He soaked up their love, whole-heartedly enjoying all the time that they spent together, which was a lot, especially with his mother, as she stayed home to take care of him.
Jay's parents never attempted to keep the wizarding world a secret from him, and he had always imagined someday discovering a hidden power within himself, eagerly supplicating his parents for much information and many stories of the magical world, especially that wondrous place called Hogwarts.

Though they openly shared these things with him, his parents would caution him not to share such knowledge with others around him. However, excitable a young boy as he was, he had always struggled to heed the wishes of his mother and father when in the presence of other kids at school, where, on occasion, he would shamelessly blurt details about the magical world, or even mention the fact that his own parents wielded magic themselves. These outbursts led to many a diagnosis from his peers on the state of his mind, ranging from "wild imagination" to "just downright insane."
Such words from those around him never seemed to bother him, however, partly because he knew that what he said was the truth, and partly because he simply didn't care what they thought of him.

Despite rumors of him being more than slightly mental, he had always seemed to gain the good graces of most around him with his kind heart and sense of sarcastic humor.

Though Jay never doubted that he was destined to attend Hogwarts and become a wizard, he never received confirmation that this was indeed his fate until he was eight years of age.

The school year had only just begun, and Jay was feeling a bit overwhelmed from his new schedule of classes. Lunchtime had arrived, though, and he was greatly looking forward to being able to just relax and enjoy some food for a while before being thrown back into the thick of things. Just having grabbed the lunch money provided by his parents from his locker, he slammed the metal door shut only to hear a shout from around the corner of the hall.
"Hey!" Cried a familiar voice. "Give it back!"
Hurrying to take a look around the corner, Jay confirmed his suspicions on who the voice came from. It was one of his best friends, Logan. Jay and Logan had been pals since pre-school, and it seemed as though the other boy was now in a spot of distress.
Logan, a small boy with his sandy brown hair a bit unkempt in a mop hairdue, was standing, hands balled into fists as he faced a pair of much larger boys.
Jay knew the two large boys, or knew of them, at least. He also knew that they were a couple of years older than himself and Logan. One of them held a bundle of what looked like money in his hand, grinning a wicked grin that only a bully could manage.
Deciding to insert himself into the situation, Jay approached casually, flashing a cheesy grin at the bullies as he moved to stand behind Logan, poking his friend on the shoulder. "What's going on?" he asked.
Logan whipped around defensively before recognition dawned in his eyes at the sight of Jay. He turned back and pointed an accusing finger at the larger boys.
"These guys just took my lunch money," he declared.
Jay rolled his eyes. So these were really your stereotypical bullies, then.
One said bully - the one holding the money - retorted, "You can just get some more from your mommy and daddy. They obviously have deep pockets."
Jay scrunched up his nose. Obvious how? Because they had enough money to buy an elementary school lunch? He was briefly curious to know how this boy's logic worked.
"But I won't make it home and back here before lunch is over," Logan said, his voice beginning to sound less angry and more desperate.
"Well, then I guess you'll just have to see how much food you can sneak out from under the school's nose," the bully replied, as if it were the obvious solution.
Jay was starting to get angry himself. He had always held a deep sense of protectiveness for those around him, a feeling that only grew stronger the closer to grew to a person. It was a trait that he had gained from his father.
"Guys," he said, his voice still calm. "Will you please give him his money back?"
The older boys looked at each other and began to laugh. "So the tough guy has a tough friend," said the one who was not holding the money. He then turned back to Jay, saying, "Sorry to break it to you, pal, but "please" isn't the magic word that you might think it is."
The one holding the money leaned close. "Come to think of it, I'll bet tough guy number two has some money of his own."
Jay tried not to reach toward his back pocket, where he had stowed his own lunch money. Money-hands reached greedily for him.
"Don't touch me," Jay said, causing the bully to stop and once again exchange a glance with his friend. They laughed even harder this time. Then, without even deigning to reply, money-hands reached out once again.
Jay filled with anger and indignance the moment the jerk touched him, and the boy's pants immediately fell freely to the floor. Letting out a sharp cry of surprise, he dropped the money and reached for his pants in an attempt to cover up his rather flowery underwear. The boy's buddy howled harder than ever with laughter, catching the attention of many other kids, who would soon join in on the merriment.
Taking the opportunity, Jay snatched Logan's money off the floor and dragged his friend in the opposite direction. The bullies were much too busy - one red-faced and fumbling with his belt, the other all but rolling on the floor in his fit of laughter - to follow the two escaping friends.

Jay had rushed home after school later that day to relay the details of the encounter to his mother, fumbling over his words in excitement the whole time.
She had regarded him proudly, and yet with a certain amount of sadness in her gaze as he finished his tale. Jay would later learn that his first magical experience was quite similar in many ways to his father's.

Not long after his tenth birthday, Jay began overhearing more than a few discussions between his parents, some with raised voices. As he listened quietly to such disputations, it became clear that his father wanted him to attend Hogwarts, saying that Jay had to have the opportunity to learn magic, to become the best he could be, plus the fact that the experience would help him to grow immeasurably as a person.
His mother would always state that she did not want to send their only child so far away for so long, that it would be dangerous. In reality, though, the truth was simply that she would miss her only child greatly, and was simply not ready to send him away yet.
Considering the nature of these discussions, Jay had received his letter from Hogwarts on his eleventh birthday with uncertainty, not knowing whether or not his mother would allow him to attend.
In the end, however, his mother had decided that she loved him enough to allow him to make his own decision concerning the matter.
Overjoyed at hearing this, he had jumped at the chance, even deciding to leave early in order to attend the summer camp that the letter had mentioned, which would allow him to get acquainted with the school, make new friends, and be altogether more prepared when the school year did begin later that year.

And so he set off for Hogwarts, eager to learn the details of magic that his parents had never truly divulged to him, despite all the stories, and exceedingly curious to see if the stuff of myth and legends was really all it was cracked up to be.
Last edited by Jay Azul on 16 Jul 2019, 07:16, edited 19 times in total.

~No complaints when life is swell~

7 Jul 2019, 23:38
Jay Azul, First Year, Gryffindor
First Year Adventures

Reducio
Arrival
| Finished |
Jay is mesmerized as he arrives at Hogwarts for the first time.

If Only
| Finished |
Nothing new- Jay makes a fool of himself.

A Scenic Reverie
| Ongoing | Open |
Jay goes for a thoughtful walk at sunset only to find himself in the company of two very interesting strangers.

Sentient Sanctuary
| Ongoing | Private | Summer Camp Cabin |
Jay arrives at his home for the summer and meets his cabin-mates.
Last edited by Jay Azul on 16 Jul 2019, 07:14, edited 6 times in total.

8 Jul 2019, 00:02
Jay Azul, First Year, Gryffindor
Relationships

Gryffindor

Reducio
Friends

Neutral

Negative

Hufflepuff

Reducio
Friends

Annie Morgan

Maya Hunter

Cecelia Deux-Le

Neutral

Negative

Ravenclaw

Reducio

Slytherin

Reducio
Friends

Neutral

Negative
Last edited by Jay Azul on 7 Aug 2019, 09:09, edited 13 times in total.