Register
Sign in
18 Jun 2020, 02:55
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Statistically Relevant
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio
Lindsey’s quite a good natured and interesting girl. But what sometimes makes her seemed really boring is, her lack of creativity.
Pranks, forbidden things and breaking rules were all certainly not her cup of tea. Her mother said she’s probably the most well-behaved child in the world, who would not do anything without permission.
However, her brother and cousin are probably both the biggest prankster in the world. Especially, her brother.
“Hey Linnie! I heard that a muggle scientist’s moving to our next door! Let’s——”
“STOP DOING PRANKS!” Lindsey broke in, yelling. “I DARE YOU TO TELL DAD!”
So, Edmund Springhall’s prank plan did not work due to the rejection of his sister.
Lindsey’s certainly not good at dressing and that sort of things too. She would wear the most common dress or T-shirt during summer, while other same age girls dressed like——a blossom flower. Lindsey’s pretty, that’s true, but a common clothing made her to look like a really common girl that you could not pick from the crowd.
Although her lack of creativity caused some small problems for her, there’s some good things brought by this.
For example, Lindsey’s extremely good at math, physics, and chemistry.
She seemed born with a keen eye for statistics, and if you gave her stats and a chart and let her fill in, she’d do it within 3 minutes.
Lindsey was sent to a muggle school when she was young although being a pure blood witch. Her parents thought the muggle’s education was definitely better than the wizard’s, so they took their two children there.
They had heard that muggle boys were usually good at the math things, while girls were excellent at Literature. As a result, they hoped that Edmund could be good at math, and Lindsey, at Literature.
But they soon found out that they were wrong on this point.
Edmund’s, well, simply adored Literature. However what made the two parents amazed was Lindsey’s talent on math.
“You won’t know, Mr. and Mrs. Springhall, that Lindsey’s born to statistics.” her math teacher said.
“Ah…I guess that it’s because of her lack of creativity…” her mother replied.
“That must be the case.” the teacher said enthusiastically. “She does mostly everything the textbook says, and unlike other children, it makes her unexpectedly smart and talented. Because maths, although needs some creation, requires your preciseness and rigor.”
Sadly Lindsey left the school when she was 11 and got to Hogwarts. She did math problems at night, as usual, and did her best to solve all of them. She’s still a bit lack of creativity though and hadn’t broke a rule or did a prank on anyone so far.
Word Count: 445
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
-Stamina: 7
-Evasion: 6
-Strength: 5
-Wisdom: 7
-Arcane Power: 5
-Accuracy: 5

lindsey springhall | maxi de fostoncy
- we are made to reach for the stars -
20 Jun 2020, 16:08
Link to your encyclopedia thread:
text
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for:
Sixth Sense
Autumn had always had quite the intuition. She did not know why, nor did she have reason to care. She would simply have an instinct, a gut feeling, some sort of perception, awareness. She could feel whenever the decision she was about to make was the wrong one. At times, she would still continue along with the decision, because she did value rational reasoning and logic over intuition and instinct. A gut feeling would not get her good grades, would not get her a job. A lot of the time, she would simply dismiss it as paranoia. And, maybe, it was. But in the end, no matter how logical the course of action, if she had not listened to her intuition, the decision would always end up blowing up in her face, one way or another.

If asked to, she could instantly remember multiple times her intuition had helped her.

One of them was the story of the kitten on the road. The kitten had been black, with large green eyes, and lovely, oh, it had been lovely. Autumn had been 9 when the event took place. She had gone to pet the kitten, and it had wrapped itself around her arm, and Autumn, the 9 year old cat-lover she was had smiled widely and began talking to it. Then, she had felt her skin rise. Instantly, she had felt that something was wrong. That she had to leave, get out, vanish, just be anywhere but her current location. And so, she had listened. She had held the cat in her arms and had ran off onto the sidewalk, only to realise she had narrowly avoided an oncoming truck, which would have brought upon with it almost certain death. Her mother had made her give away the cat, which Autumn had named Yasahiro.

Another would be Nidea. Nidea had been Kasia's (Autumn's mother) closest friend, yet Autumn had always disliked the woman. There was something off about her. Autumn was 8 when she had met Nidea. 8 year old Autumn had not been pleased when she had realised that she was just about the only person who disliked Nidea. It was so strange. Nidea was nice, there was not mistake there, and the type of person that felt incredibly trustworthy, but Autumn had known. By the age of 9, Autumn had internally declared her dislike of Nidea paranoia. She was simply being silly. That was it, nothing more. By the age of 10, Autumn, alongside her mother and sister, had learnt the ugly truth; Nidea was a grifter and a fake friend, one who had been loaning money off of Kasia for 3 years with no intention of ever paying her back. In fact, it was Autumn who had caught her, Autumn who had given in into her intuition and Autumn who had followed Nidea home and then searched her house when she had left. It had not been acceptable for her to do that, Autumn knew that now, and she could not excuse her behaviour, but what was done was done and Autumn had found Nidea's suitcase and diary. Suitcase, sprawled on bed, surrounded by clothes, indicated an immediate change of scenery, and the diary did nothing but confirm it.

Of course, there were many more, but these were only some of the memorable times Autumn had used something others would, at times, call a "sixth sense".

Word Count: 568 words
Stamina: 5
Evasion: 4
Strength: 6
Wisdom: 6
Arcane Power: 7
Accuracy: 7

“THE WORLD WON'T GIVE YOU ANY GIFTS. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A LIFE, STEAL IT.”
sixth sense, perfectionist, comprehend languages, terrible presence / sta- 8, eva- 9, str- 7, wis- 7, arc- 10, acc- 10
“LONELINESS WILL SIT OVER OUR ROOFS WITH BROODING WINGS”
20 Jun 2020, 23:46
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia Page
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Part-Goblin
Reducio
Family. A word that brought many mixed feelings for Gargott. On one hand it brought him a warm and fuzzy feeling, almost intoxicating. Yet quickly and mercilessly followed through with a sharp pain, a feeling like he couldn’t breath, his throat choking up. A pain that is so wretched and vile it would leave a lesser creature immobilised, yet Gargott had come accustomed to it… As far as one could ever get accustomed to this kind of feeling. From a young age he had always held a fascination from what kind of people he descended from, yet it had appeared that it was a herculean task. Neither of his parents had much cared for history. His mother a Muggleborn, yet gifted with an extraordinary gift and on the other hand his father, who also had inherited from his parents this gift, but had always looked different. As a child you don’t stand still with that fact, it is trivial, however as one grows older… Questions rose and although they were a transparent family his father had always evaded those questions, like he wanted to hide his heritage. Gargott had always had the distinct feeling that his father was… Ashamed. Years later when Gargott had reached the age of 17, his father was lying on his deathbed and upon his final days, Ulkrus had gathered all of his strength and courage to finally confide Gargott in his secret.

Born to a union between his Goblin father and Wizard mother, Ulkrus was born a Part-Goblin. The relation between his parents was all but a loving one, as it had been a political statement. His father a cold and calculated man and his mother a loving and caring woman, had nothing in common except for two things. The first and foremost being the equalization of the Goblin race as a whole, which would be resembled in allowing the Goblins to wield a wand and attend magical schools. The second being the love for their only son. Ulkrus’ childhood could be summed up as non-existent. From a very young age his parents had started indoctrinating their political views and learned him of how ‘special’ he was. Half-Goblin, Half-Human, the perfect hybrid in an imperfect world… Or was it an unjust world? If you asked the Ministry of Magic one couldn’t really come up with a defining answer to this question. According to his parents however, it all was due to the fact that Wizards were afraid of Goblins. Jealous that Goblins could cast spells without wands, afraid that if they were allowed to wield it they would overthrow the Wizards. Living quite the sheltered life, Ulkrus’ mother had tried to shield him from the Ministry of Magic’s gaze by homeschooling him. His father had started to teach him all there is to know about Goblin smithing. On Ulkrus’ 18th birthday his parents had planned to make a decisive blow to the Ministry. In secret the Half-Goblin’s parents had contacted a wandmaker so they could gift Ulkrus a wand of his own.

The mere thought was preposterous, yet they had convinced the wandmaker by promising him a Goblin made artifact. As they obtained the wand, it took another minute before Aurors had showed up. It would’ve seemed that one of their ‘trusted associates’ had betrayed them and both of them had earned a one way trip to Azkaban. Ulkrus had emphasized to Gargott that his parents were mad and nothing more then fanatics. According to him there was no pride to be had in his ancestors. But Gargott thought differently. His grandparents were willing to risk everything for their beliefs. Although they were radical, Gargott believed their core ideal to be a righteous one. From that day forward, Gargott swore that once he had graduated from Hogwarts he would learn more of his Goblin heritage.

Word Count: 640

Stamina: 13
Evasion: 3
Strength: 10
Wisdom: 20
Arcane Power: 11
Accuracy: 8
21 Jun 2020, 20:55
Link to your encyclopedia thread:
text

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Seer

Seers have been rare but not unheard of in our family tree. My great great grandmother was one. She saw the persecutions of people that were different during the time of Kiser Wilhelm. The industrial revolution was in full swing and science ruled. During this time my great great grandmother saw in visions (so they were understood at the time), that we would be identified and brought to trial. She was able to convince our family's impending doom, they bought a fishing boat to cover their exodus from the content. we arrived in Edenbough, Scotland, to make their home, because of the persecutions on the main land. we as a family hid our talents, and never talked of the gift of magic outside the family.
There are legends of male seers, they have been shunned, because this is a predominantly female gift in Germanic culture. This is part of the reason my reluctance in excepting the gift.
Many times, I assisted my grandmother on her trips in the woods to find herbs. During those times we would talk and she told me stories of our exodus and some of the magic our family performed. It was she that noticed I was gifted with magic and the ability to see more. It was grandmother that broke the silence of hiding magic. Before this time my parents got letters to go to Hogwarts but refused to go for fear of being exposed.
As a child I would go fishing with my uncle and seemed to know exactly where to cast to ketch fish. I was told I had a lucky steak but it felt deeper like I knew, but I did not voice my feelings and let them call it luck.
There was a time that I had a dream that felt so real that I insisted than my uncle not to go fishing on a bright sunny day. It was in the early spring and it was great fishing weather, and wind was blowing from the south. In the dream I saw the wind changed directions and a storm appeared out of thin air. The waves grew in height and small ice burgs drifted south to the fishing grounds that was teaming with fish. I saw all the fishing boats get damaged by waves and ice burgs. There was not one escaped and many lives was lost but few survived, but my uncle was not one among them that survived. There was no way I could talk my uncle out of changing his mind about going fishing, but I was able to convince him that it would be to many fishermen in one place. We decided to go fishing towards the English Channel. We caught a lot of fish that day, and as we returned back to Edenbough we heard of the loss of life and the way it happened. I only talked to grandmother about the particulars of the dream, no one else knew. I was a little ashamed of my so-called gift, I thought in some ways it was a curse. Most of what I felt or said I kept to myself except to grandmother she always knew how to get me to confide in her. Grandmothers you have to love them.
Word Count 558

Race: Seer.
Stamina: 6
Evasion: 5
Strength: 2
Wisdom: 8
ArcPower: 9
Accuracy: 5

Last edited by Hon Xintarus Haio on 27 Jun 2020, 13:16, edited 4 times in total.

" Life begins each day I open my eyes, it's a fresh beginning full of choices and challenges"
21 Jun 2020, 22:33
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Evasive Maneuvers

Evasive Maneuvers seemed like a natural defense when you had something to hide—like a mother who was dying. As such, throughout her childhood Elspeth had developed a natural way of dodging and hiding.

Following her mother’s Huntington’s diagnosis, Elspeth did not enjoy seeing Tess’ humanity robbed from under her. When the spasms first started, Elspeth would hide in her room, hoping this would simply pass. But it didn’t pass. In fact, it got worse. When Tess would pick up objects and drop them harshly as a result of a muscle spasm, Elspeth had to learn to jump out of the way. She didn’t like doing this, but she didn’t want a frying pan to land on her toe either. As the failing got worse, something as simple as helping her mother to put on a sweater required precision and patience. Otherwise, the young girl might end up with one of her mother’s arms lunging towards her face.

Tess’ condition did not just take a physical toll, but a cognitive and emotional one too. She became much more prone to being angry, especially as she found herself unable to do the simple physical feats of a healthy woman of her age—feats that had not seemed out of reach very long ago. In her frustration, Tess would start screaming and yelling. After one such an outburst in front of Elspeth’s friends, Elspeth was so embarrassed, she was determined not to let this happen again. When she could tell her mother was getting angry, she would move quickly and away into another area of the house, quick to dodge the difficult situation that was likely about to commence.

Her father, Gregory, would shake his head when Elspeth stealthily removed herself from situations involving her mother, but he couldn’t blame the girl. It was exceptionally difficult to grow up in a house embedded with Huntington’s Chorea. It was a difficulty that translated to the outside world as Elspeth found herself a bully victim as other children couldn’t understand or relate to what she was going through at home. Over time, she learned to jump out of the way in time to avoid any serious physical injuries. Her father had enough to deal with at home that he didn’t need her coming down with injuries.

Sometimes advantageous and sometimes just another way for her to avoid difficult situations, Elspeth’s ability to dodge, honed through childhood, became an important personal defense. She’d already been through so much; she wasn’t about to play victim to more tragedy.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: Stamina: 7 | Evasion: 7 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 6 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 8

Stamina: 7 | Evasion: 7 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 7 | Arcane Power: 5 | Accuracy: 9
Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist
22 Jun 2020, 20:20
Link to Encyclopedia Thread: Link

Name of Ability Applied For: The Martial Artist. Year 2 ability slot.

Description of Why This Fits My Character:

Howard is not actually a Martial Artist. There were no Karate or Tae Kwon Do lessons growing up or a long line of ancestral ninjas in the White family tree. His skill in hand to hand combat would start in his childhood on the streets of Manchester, later to be enhanced by his transformation into a Dhampir.

Howard’s Muggle life was what most would call troubled. The White household was anything but a pleasant place. A sad tale really, one of fear and anger. Having no control over his home life, Howard would take the aggression that built up at home with him wherever he went. It would follow him to school, the football field, to the streets where he and his mates would roam during their free time. Carrying such a chip on his shoulders lead him to being very temperamental. He was very quick to become defensive and easily insulted even if that was not the intention. As one might guess, this lead to him being involved in a fair amount of fights.

It would first start with some shoving matches. Young, aggressive boys that would push each other around or Grapple in the dirt to solve their differences. However, with time the violence would escalate. As these rough and tumble boys grew, so did their desire to establish dominance amongst themselves. A primal urge to carve out a little control in a life that was full of chaos and turmoil. When the wrestling was not enough, that’s when the fist fighting would begin.

As Howard began to face off with his opponents, he would begin to learn how to throw a proper Punch. His fists would ball, he would take a step forward as he rotated his hips behind the blow. With time, he would become quite adept at it and even make a name for himself as a competent street fighter.

However, sometimes a bit of boxing wouldn’t be enough. There were times when Howard would face off against more than one opponent. A desperate situation calls for a desperate action. With a large sweeping motion, Howard would unleash a mighty Kick. It was was a wild move, one that was not nearly as accurate as his punches, but if it landed the blow would be devastating.

Finally, if Howard could not subdue his opponents through grapples or blows, he would resort to truly dangerous move. With all of his strength behind him, he would reach out with both hands and target the throat in a Chokehold. His fingers would squeeze, cutting off the blood flow to the brain and if successful would render his opponent unconscious.

It is not a glamorous tale of training and dedication, but Howard is an adept fighter all the same.

Word Count: 460

Stats:
Stamina | 10
Evasion | 6
Strength | 12
Wisdom | 0
Arc Power | 0
Accuracy | 12

STA: 12 | EVA: 18 | STR: 15 | WIS: 1 | ARC: 0 | ACC: 20
Abilities: Fangs, Bite & Claw | Martial Artist | Unsettling Aura | Blind Vision | Keen Smell | Terrible Presence | Blood Resurrection
23 Jun 2020, 05:05
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11824
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Werewolf
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): [500 words for a race and talent, 400 words for an ability, please include word count. This would include things such as how this entered your family line or how you were exposed to it in cases of Lycanotrophy. This would also include mentioning or updating your appearance, mannerisms or build to reflect this ability or change. This can be completed in-character first or second person or from a third person perspective. ]
Altair was born into a family that loved animals. All kinds, shapes, and sizes. In fact, both her parents were vets. Muggles, but vets. The family even had a German Shepherd. The house was full of animals that had to stay overnight, or needed emergency care. Because of this, both Altair and her brother loved animals. They often explored in the nearby woods and meadow near their home, frolicking with the wild animals who were quite familiar with them and with their dog. Sometimes, when they come across an injured animal, they would help them with the knowledge they learned from their parents if it was a minor injury. The worse ones they would bring to their parents.
It was no big news, when one day, Altair and her brother spotted some prints leading towards the woods. they could tell something was wrong, because it seemed like whatever it was had been in a hurry. Thinking it was an animal in need, they followed the tracks. They eventually reached so far into the woods, the branches almost completely blocked out the sun. By now, there was no sun, only a full moon could be seen through the branches. It was then they heard a howl. The kind of sound that sent shivers down your spine. It didn't sound like a regular wolf and they immediately knew something was wrong. But not being the kind of person to leave behind an animal in need, Altair convinced her brother to push through a bit longer with her until they saw broken branches and pieces of fur snagged on various places.
Her brother tugged on her arm, "Sis, I think we should head back. This doesn't seem right."
"But--" started Altair.
"The moon's already out. Our parents will be looking for us. Come on." said her brother, always the voice of reason.
"Fine." said Altair as she grudgingly agreed, going this far was dangerous, and they hadn't been this deep in the woods before.
Another howl rang through the trees, perhaps closer than before. Then growling, and the sounds of snapping branches, rapid footsteps.
"Run!" screamed Altair, as they ran in the opposite direction, following the tracks back. The breathing got closer and closer-- the branches were starting to thin out now, were they going to make it? Altair could spot some familiar landmarks now, the cluster of orange mushrooms, the low hanging branch that she and her brother loved climbing on. They were too old to climb on it now without it breaking at the joint, but maybe...
"Keep running!" shouted Altair as she placed her hands on the footholds she knew so well on the tree. She flung herself onto the branch as she felt a searing pain in her leg. There was a loud cracking sound, then the branch fell onto her attacker.
"Sis!" her brother had come back thought Altair, as she slowly lost consciousness.

It was too dark then to see anything properly, so her brother had run back to get their parents. Within an hour, their parents had brought a flashlight to find Altair. They found what looked like a wolf, but with some odd features crushed beneath a tree branch and Altair unconscious with a leg soaked with blood. They carried her back home and discussed taking her to the hospital, but the nearest one was hours away. Good thing they were vets, because the mom stitched up the wound which looked very similar to a bite mark, while the dad interrogated the brother to see if there was any risk of infection.
"Honey?" said her mom to her dad, "This isn't a normal bite."
"What? What are you talking about?"
"I-- I have a sister, she is a witch who works in some sort of magical animals department or something like that. I think we should call her."
Once her mom's sister arrived she immediately diagnosed the injury as a werewolf bite. "I'm afraid there is no cure for this. But we should take her to St. Mungos first for treatment."
"What are you talking about? St. Mungos? Is that a mental facility or something my daughter will NOT go crazy I tell you--" started her mom.
"Oh no, of course not it's a magical hospital for injuries such as these. I can bring her but be warned. After being bitten by a werewolf, people aren't the same again."
After treatments and being sent home with a yearly supply of wolfsbane potion, the family started to notice some changes in Altair. One of them was her sudden liking of steak, very raw. Her family helped her deal with this new condition and learned to live with it eventually.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Stamina: 4
Evasion: 6
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 5
Arcane Power: 6

Last edited by Altair Cometnova on 26 Jun 2020, 16:16, edited 2 times in total.

Werewolf
Stats: 5/6/5/5/7/7
Abilities: Prodigial Charms
If you would like to RP with me just send an owl!
23 Jun 2020, 18:39
~Rose Moon's First Year Ability Application~
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Keen Eye
Reducio
With a keen eye you notice things that others do not notice on the Quidditch playing field. That glint of gold, that faint whir. You were always the first to find that lost item at home. Intuitive, logical and perhaps a bit lucky.
Prerequisites: None
Effect: 10% chance to automatically identify the location of the snitch when playing Quidditch. This cannot be used to notice a hidden person, but this can be useful in adventures where you attempt to find a hidden door, secret compartment or search the area. There is a 25% chance of automatically finding something (if there is anything that can be found) not someone.
Remember: You can only search a room or a setting area in an adventure once, you cannot roll until you win.
Rose Moon has always had a strange knack for seeing things others didn't. Being maybe the most extreme case of introversion her extroverted family has ever seen, Rose has always liked being quiet during conversations and watching and listening to conversations and how things would unfold instead of being a major part of them. She would add something if she thought it would help or be something that person or people would appreciate, but she wouldn't be frequently commenting. At school, she would do this, too. In addition to being an excellent student, Rose had a pattern of noticing things in class that she would bring up, receiving raised eyebrows and curious looks. But when she showed them, proved to them she was right, she would receive either praise or being called an overanalyzing weirdo. Being a perfectionist, she would, in fact, overanalyze things, either until she got bored with it or came to what she felt was an exceptional understanding of the situation. Whenever she or others had a fight with friends or siblings, Rose would think about it as she went to sleep, analyzing the situation, searching for solutions, compromises, or ways to explain her opinion to the opposing party and would be well (maybe too well) prepared to fix the problem the next day. Watching and listening to everything that happened around her rather than being smack in the middle of it, she became well versed in social and physical cues and over time as she did this and she developed and honed her skill of spotting things others overlooked. She would notice someone's new shirt or haircut or the way people acted around certain people, the way their posture would stiffen or relax, the way people breathed. She noticed little ways people were kind, analyzing their personality as they spent time together. She noticed how some people's eyes flashed sad when others talked about select subjects and how some people suppressed their anger at certain people. Or a glint of gold... Though her keen eye often came in handy, sometimes, though, her over-analyzation of everything had a downside. Sometimes, the way she knew absolutely everything about you, or sometimes more than you do yourself, is just creepy, and she got many weird looks and jealous or freaked-out people would call her a weirdo or a freak. She usually tried to hold back mentioning the strange, random things she noticed because of this.
Reducio
Word count: 406 words
Stamina:
Evasion:
Strength:
Wisdom:
Arcane Power:
Accuracy:
Side Note: I am so sorry if this is late or if I need to edit anything. Don't hesitate to owl me!!!
23 Jun 2020, 20:49
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Sixth Sense
Reducio
-Sixth Sense-
You just have a sense for things. You notice more often than most when something is out of place, such as a chair that is breathing or a snake in the grass that looks like it is watching you.

Effect: +2 to their awareness rolls. If a player attempts to enter a thread that you are already in, there is a 25% chance that you automatically detect them on entry.

Nell Zoldak has always had a sense for things. It seemed, however, to be more than a sense. More like a gut feeling. She could remember so may times when this feeling had helped her, or even saved her.

One time, Nell was in her family's living room. She was probably around 4, a young child to say the least. At this time, she owned a tabby cat which her older brother had named Whiskers when he was around 4. This cat was an interesting cat in many ways. Some days, Whiskers would be friendly, other days, you couldn't even go near him. The day of the following occurrences was one of his bad days. Nell was sitting on the rug in the middle of the room, peaceful as anything. She was playing with, well, something. Then, she did something that felt like an instinct or that familiar gut feeling. This feeling made her move to the side without any hesitation, and something in her head told her to. It felt like she knew something was coming. A few seconds later, from what her mother described, Whiskers lunged to the place she was sitting from behind. If Nell Hadn't moved, this encounter could've caused serious injury.

Another time, Nell was at school. She was sitting in class, nothing special. Nell was about 7, give or take a year, at the time. She was quite bored to say the least. The teacher had asked a question and Nell didn't answer, but she glanced towards someone. Just a slight glance, just a random person. It was the type of glance where you almost expect them to say something. To her great surprise, that student raised their hand a second after she looked at them. Then, the teacher called on that student. After the strange occurrence, Nell looked away and pondered on why it had happened for quite a while.

Many of her "friends" at a young age thought it was weird she could sense things like that, and some even ditched her because of it. Nell always thought it was nothing, nothing at all. Nell refused to believe it was magic, even after her arrival at Hogwarts. She thought this because her parents and siblings weren't magical, not in the slightest. However, she always pondered the thought of her grandparents- both paternal and maternal -being magical. She highly doubted it, but the thought always returned to her.

Nell was always someone who was aware, maybe even too aware. But the way she was aware seemed, unnatural. It didn't seem like one should predict what happens in the very near future. Nell has always bypassed it, until now.
WC: 445
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Stamina: 6

Evasion: 4

Strength: 4

Wisdom: 9

Arcane Power: 7

Last edited by Nell Zoldak on 25 Jun 2020, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

STA: 6 EVA: 8 STR: 5 WIS: 9 AP: 5 ACC: 7
Sixth Sense | Prodigal Charms Learner
"mindset first, actions second.” -unknown
24 Jun 2020, 02:09
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11845
Name of Race that you Are Applying for: Werewolf
Describe why this fits your character: WC: 592/500
Reducio
In the summer of 1998, Makoto was almost fourteen and his mother felt he needed to learn about the culture in her home country of Ghana. Both of his parents would be busy with work that summer, so he was sent abroad on his own for the first time.

When he arrived, his uncle and grandparents were extremely welcoming. The Nyamekye family were extremely wealthy pure-blood Ghanaians, and they were respected by many people in the country. Their wealth came from a monopoly on the precious golds in the country, and they didn't hold anything back in celebrating Mako's arrival. He learned a lot during his month-long stay, but it was the end of the summer that brought about his life-altering moment.

On one of his last nights in the country, his uncle Kojo told him about a celebration that a clan of lycanthropes were throwing that evening. Makoto was eager to join his uncle at the ceremony because he had never met a werewolf before. They traveled across the country to a poorer region, where there were huts and mud buildings as opposed to the rich village and forestry that his family lived in. It was there that they met up with a group of locals who spoke a much different dialect than Mako had been learning from his Ghanian family. His uncle served as a translator, explaining that the village harbored three werewolves, who only passed on the lycanthropy to a select few members of their tribe. Every full moon, the wolves would transform and maintain their humanity thanks to wolfsbane, allowing the villagers to pay them respect.

Their customs were intriguing to Makoto, and he wanted to partake and witness the werewolves themselves. It was a full moon that night, and the tribe eventually gathered around a huge fire. Three enormous werewolves sat in front of it, looking immensely regal and decorated. One by one, the villagers would approach and make a gesture in a sign language that Mako didn't understand. His uncle told him it was a sign of respect. Then the villagers would recite a phrase in their dialect, all of them saying the words of respect and admiration. Then they would lay something in front of the wolves - their best dishes, a necklace large enough for their transformed states, cloths. It was an incredible tradition to behold. Uncle Kojo told him how to say the words before his turn came, and he was able to offer the largest of the wolves - a huge gray wolf with a blind eye - one of the Nyamekye family's largest and finest jewels.

The celebration lasted for hours, and eventually the wolves left the tribe to go for a run before the moon disappeared. Makoto was too tired to continue celebrating, even though several villagers intended to wait for the return of their leaders. He was offered a hut to sleep in while the celebration continued, so he accepted. It was less than an hour later when the sounds of screaming woke him up. He rushed outside to see an unfamiliar wolf in the village square, attacking the people. As he tried to flee with the rest of the villagers, Mako himself was soon a victim to a bite. It was only moments later that the tribe's werewolves returned to defend the tribe, but the damage had been done.

Mako would later learn that the attacker had been a werewolf from a neighboring tribe. She had missed her necessary drink of wolfsbane, and it turned out to be an awful accident.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: Stamina: 15 | Evasion: 7 | Strength: 20 | Wisdom: 4 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 15