Register
Sign in
12 Jun 2019, 11:18
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for:
Fearless
Describe why this fits your character
Raine was always adventurous. Climbing trees to the highest branch- or as far as the tree and her parents would allow her to go- swimming to the deep end of the pool and sitting at the bottom as her parents frantically searched for her, or even venturing off into the woods behind her family's vacation home for hours on end, once again making her parents frantic with worry. Raine never meant to be mischevious. As a matter of fact, she attempted to avoid causing her parents to worry as much as possible, especially since it only led to her being in trouble with them. They had every right to be angry and worried though. One day, during one of Raine's many self-imposed adventures to the woods behind her family's vacation home, she had encountered a mother wildcat with her cubs. If there was one thing Raine knew about wild animals with their young it was that you didn't move farther into their territory and you didn't turn your back on them. Raine also knew that standing in place staring at the family wasn't the smartest of moves either, but she was so fascinated by the little family! She had never seen wildlife in their natural habitat before! So she stood as still as she could with a smile on her face and just observed them. The mother wildcat took a defensive position and snarled at the little girl, but Raine continued to stand and smile.

'Amazing. An actual wild creature in its natural habitat' she would think, not realizing the danger she was in. Her concentration was only broken when she heard her mother's voice directly behind her frantically calling her name. Raine turned her head toward the voice and her mother's scream had the little girl turning back around to see the mother wildcat leaping at her face. But Raine didn't flinch or scream. Instead, she stared the beast in its eyes, watching as it stopped directly in front of her, snarling viciously. A large gust of wind blew from behind her, pushing the animal far from her body and she soon felt herself being pulled back by her mother, watching as the woman put her wand back into her pocket. The mother wildcat took its young and fled from the area. Her mother would ask the normal questions, checking her daughter over before taking her shoulders to give her a little shake. "What were you thinking? Why would you stand there? Weren't you scared?" She would ask.

The little girl would just shake her head and reply, "No. Not at all."

But she remembered overhearing her mother and father discussing their reckless daughter that same night after she was supposed to be in bed asleep. One word came up often, lodging itself in the girl's brain: 'Fearless'. Her father constantly called her his "fearless tiger" or his "fearless princess". Her mother had a different choice of words for their daughter's fearlessness, but Raine tuned it out. Fearless was a constant mantra in her head as she returned to her room.

The title her father had given his daughter didn't guide the girl, however. She just continued to follow her instincts, even now into her school years at Hogwarts. She was the one to throw herself in front of a potentially dangerous half-giant imposter to try and save a girl she didn't even know. She is the one trying to befriend the paranoid, bathroom exploding, stab-happy dhampir that most of the school is afraid of. She is the one who would put her life on the line, within reason of course because Raine isn't stupid, to save her friends.

Many people would say that Raine Titania Sage was just reckless and stupid, but only her friends and family would know that the girl was something other than that. She was something more.

She was fearless.
Word Count: 645
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
Stamina: 7
Evasion: 7
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 3
Accuracy: 7

Stamina: 8 Evasion: 8 Strength: 3 Wisdom: 10
Arcane Power: 3 Accuracy: 8
14 Jun 2019, 12:58
Encyclopedia: Jürgen Hess
Race: Seer

I am a Seer. There is not much to say regarding this, I was simply born this way. I do not come from a long line of prophets or diviners, but I do come from a magical family. My parents are both wizards as were their parents before them, however the purity of my blood is a mystery as I have an unknown ancestor a few generations back. It has been a source of familial shame that I will have to endure but I do carry myself like a pure-blood despite this lack of distinction. However, there was a woman in my family tree Angelika Schmidt, born 1582 and burned 1623. It was said that she was 'abnormally gifted' or should I say 'unusually fortunate.' I never thought much of these old stories, about how she would claim calamity would strike and urge her family and neighbors to safety when the creek flooded and the dams broke. I felt that it was simply family historians being braggarts. In a later incident, in similar fashion she urged her family to leave their village for several days and narrowly missed a bandit raid that decminated the small farming village she was from. While a hero in some regards, her fortune became suspicious to the superstitious or perhaps those jealous (of her luck) in the village. She was accused (ironically) of being a witch. She knew that they were coming, she waited for them in her chair famously claiming "--always on time."  They ultimately drowned her then burnt her remains according to my mother.

I was simply born with what I believe were the same strange flashes of intuitive insight. This sixth sense. This dire and foreboding sense of dread. It has shaped me, these strange and dare I say aberrant thoughts. It has kept me from peril but it has also prevented me from overcoming the obstacles chance had intended for me. Whilst true, fortune has been on my side since my youth as I sometimes dream about days that are not here yet. I wish I had some control over what I saw, many of the instances irrelevant, but every once in awhile I would see something. Something terrible or wonderful, it is hard to say. Both a dream and a night terror, the same scene plagues my nights as of late -- of power and ambition. Of a great fall. I thought for certain the hat would designate me a Slytherin but rather I have been given the title of brave Gryffindor instead. 

My first instance of a premonition was when I was five. It was a simple, almost silly account. I was eating ice cream as was my friend. I blinked for a long time, but I still saw everything clearly from a different perspective. I saw my friend's ice cream -- mint chocolate chip -- slide off his cone and land in the dirt. I saw him crying. When my eyes opened, the ice cream was still there on the cone, my friend happily and noisily slurping at the green confection.

Then it fell a moment later. 

I could not have intervened. What could I have done? save it with my bare hands, dirtying it with my filth rather than the ground. I handed him mine, I did not need it any longer. He started to cry before I did, just like I saw. I just wanted it to stop. French vanilla with a side of tears is less than appealing.

While that was the first I could recall, it was certainly not the last. It has happened hundreds of times since. Many of the incidents insignificant or repetitive. Often they reach for me when I sleep, so I am early to rise and late to sleep. I don't enjoy being troubled.

I cannot change the threads of fate, but I can prepare for it. It is for that reason I try to be strong. I try to be learned. To have friends and allies. Yet I also fear I must lie. That I must be brave. Perhaps through learning how to better control my magic, I will also gain power over this skill. I can only hope that is the case at the very least.

Word Count: seven hundred and five words

Stamina: five
Evasion: nine
Strength: four
Wisdom: three
ArcPower: four
Accuracy: ten
Last edited by Jürgen Hess on 13 Jul 2019, 10:47, edited 2 times in total.

“People always clap for the wrong reasons.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
15 Jun 2019, 11:35
Link to your encyclopedia thread:
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for:
Terrible Presence
Describe why this fits your character:
Arc had always been a good kid. He rarely cried when he was a baby. He always did as he was told. He never begged his parents for anything, He did well at school. He diligently saved money in his little piggy bank. And he even helped elderly crossed the road. That was not just a front either. He truly liked helping others. He would have helped his classmates if they ever asked. But there was just something about him that made others scared of him.

Newborn babies and animals were the most affected. Infants cried when he walked past them. Birds flew away like a storm was going to happen. They would even take a detour just to avoid flying above or near him. Dogs would constantly bark at him. And insects would never dare be within the same room as the boy. His big brother once even jokingly told that the moment their parents brought him home from the hospital, the house was clear of any bugs or insects. Like the ants just went up and left along with their nest and everything. Only cats and very few fearless animals would have the guts to be near him.

Thankfully, older kids and adults didn’t seem to be as affected. They did not immediately feel danger or threatened. And they could stand being near him. But sometimes. Sometimes, in a random outburst, they could feel that something was not right about him. Their hair would rise, the room felt colder, or his shadow would flicker. And that was enough. That was enough to make kids -and their parents- stayed away from him. Arc was not the weird one out, or the special kid, or bullied. He was just the scary one. Only one girl from a Wizarding Primary School he attended every Saturday, Raine Sage, would befriend him. She always had this energy and spirit within her for everything in life and she didn’t seem to be affected one bit to his strange disposition. Huh. That was curious.

Once the boy entered Hogwarts, though, the outburst happened less and less. The young witches and wizards seemed less affected as well, for whatever reason. And he started making friends. Life was good for a time. Like a calm before the storm...

Until that day, the so-called Blossomfest Festival. A girl was taken by a suspicious half-giant and Arc and his best friend followed them. It turned out that she was really kidnapped to be given to a hag and the two kids tried to save her. Something changed within him after that. Whatever happened in the Keeper of Keys and Grounds’ Cabin had awakened something within him. Permanently. He would have to bear that terrible curse forever.

Now, whenever and wherever, even when he was asleep, he would always have this…terrible presence within and around him.
WC: 476
Race: Human
Stamina: 9
Evasion: 8
Strength: 1
Wisdom: 6
Arcane Power: 2
Accuracy: 9

Strength: 2; Agility: 9; Control: 14; Stamina: 5
16 Jun 2019, 16:55
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Hugh Lowe

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Half-Giant
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):

Roaming Hogwarts' halls by almost a good 6 feet already, it has not been hard noticing that young Hugh Lowe had some damn tall genes in his body. While the young scot had always convinced others that his own father was a large man as well, the boy had not a single clue about his true nature. Questions would eventually have to be stated of course. Questions that would lead him to the truth of his real parentage. A tale of an irregular union and a hard decision.

What is important to remember in this story is that not all monsters are inherently evil. And not all wizards live up to be good. One such example, was Hugh's mother. Far off on the north-eastern shores of Scotland there lived a small clan of giants. The smallest among them would have been a giantess with a long black sea of hair waving in the wind as she'd stroll along the coastline. The area had been magically enchanted after a sealed agreement between the Ministry of Magic and their clan. Muggleproof and far away from any nearby magical neighbours, these giants lived in peace for as long as they could have it.

Master Lowe on the other hand. A ministry career man, burdened with the grand vision of lifting his family's status up to the higher regions of magical society. Though a bit of a stuck-up, the wizard did not have a lack for passion. While his work and actions were known to always be somewhere related to his singular goal. He was also known as a man of adventure and seeking the unknown. A secret love he harboured for all things unique and different.

On one of said secret travels, the man would find himself oddly befriended with a comparatively small giantess. Him and her would connect as both lovers of adventure and wonders of both magic and nature. While he would frequent the giantess' territory more and more. Eventually the two of them would grow fond and some might have called it true love. One day, by the use of a shrinking potion, the young wizard courted the young giantess and asked her for a night to join him to the city. That one night of lovers would eventually gift the pair a son. The boy would have been regarded as a large infant to the ordinary wizard folks, yet tiny to a giant.

Too late did the parents realize that their child would fit in neither world. Hugh's mother, only welcome in her own village, would tell her lover to take the boy and raise him by his side. A young master Lowe would promise, but fail to follow up. As once, he arrived back home with the half-giant babe, his family and his peers knew what was up by sheer suspicion. The young man's reputation suffered and for a year, he tried. Until eventually his toppled pride and shame would cause him to send his son to his sibling.

His uncle was an entirely different man. Born a younger squib in a magical family rising to prominence, the younger Lowe would very quickly become an outcast among his bloodline. Nevertheless, the large Scottish man took his nephew in and raised him as his own, shielding the boy from his father's shame and his mother's heritage. He translated the boy's name to Hugh, a more common name among their folk. The uncle's wife, a young witch aspiring to have children of her own, would grow jealous of the child and the time her husband would spend with him. She would leave Hugh's life as a vague memory of a mother.

After several years of being adopted by his uncle, Hugh would start to show his first signs of magic. The fellow villagers of Blackness would have always known Hugh to be a very tall boy for his age. Joking him to be of giant's blood. Little did they nor the boy know.

Stamina: 10
Evasion: 1
Strength: 10
Wisdom: 6
Arc power: 1
Accuracy: 2

"Hope has a place, in a lover's heart"
Race: Half-Giant // Ability: - STR: 16 EVA: 7 WIS: 10 STA: 20 ARC: 1 ACC: 7
22 Jun 2019, 21:40
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Oriel Falters - Gryffindor
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Werewolf
Oriel  was fine from a young age up until he turned nine years old. During some sort of event a loud howl pierced through the near silent night. His father immediately knew what this was, a werewolf howl. A werewolf howl was pretty easy for him to distinguish with him having an old friend which was one. Quickly, the father ushered his friends and their kids inside, all of them having no clue why. Oriel hadn't made it inside quick enough and before he knew it some sort of hideous and terrifying creature came sprinting at him and bit him right on the shoulder.

After the incident weird things would happen that his father couldn't explain. Oriel would come home some nights with large scratches and cuts all over his body for some reason. His son wouldn't tell him why, in fear of something getting out. This experience was frightening for the boy but he had to stay strong so nobody would find out. How would his family react if they found out he became this large wolf-like creature once a month?! Even though a family friend was a werewolf Oriel was still scared of being viewed as an outcast or his father telling the rest of his magical family and them being frightened of Oriel and not wanting to visit. He loved his grandmother and what if she didn't love him any more?

After he was bitten Oriel became more aggressive and more secretive, afraid something would come out and people would get the wrong idea. It was strange for him, he could smell things he couldn't smell before and every single person had a scent which was extremely weird. He had no access to wolfsbane and slowly began getting more and more paranoid and 'crazy' as it seemed. Oriel would see and hear things people couldn't see or hear but once he was ten this started fading a bit. The boy learned they couldn't see or hear the things because they weren't like him, the things were very much there (which was true) but the others could not see that.

Though his father couldn't realize his son was a werewolf (or more not accept it) his grandmother did but kept it a secret from the boy. She told Oriel's father but he just shrugged it off which made no sense but his father also wants the best for Oriel and if he was really a werewolf that would hurt Oriel a lot. Oriel's dad couldn't realize how incredibly strong Oriel was and still treated him like a child, trying to shield him from the world but apparently also started fogging his own mind over in the process.

Singing would help him ease his mind before the full moon and help him not go completely insane which was pretty nice. Once he got the letter of acceptance he freaked out, how would the teachers react to him being a werewolf?! Pretty well actually.

Let's go back to before Hogwarts. It seemed once he was more introduced to the magical world more and more people would notice his scars and question his father about it which had no answers to it. Many times in the muggle world law enforcement was called due to sounds of screaming and crying and then the next day with Oriel popping up with like seven new wounds.

After Oriel read up on Lycanthropy, he found out about wolfsbane and his hoped went up. Not once in the books did it mention that this couldn't cure Lycanthropy but he still visited St. Mungos to see if he could get the potion and he could. One of the nurses would brew the potions and only charge him visits to the hospital to see her as she had no offspring. The nurse turned out nice and wolfsbane really did help him stay pretty sane, honestly. Of course it disappointed him when he found out the potion did not cure the Lycanthropy but at least it helped a little bit.

Once he got to Hogwarts he lost connection to the nurse, figuring something happened to her (again, still had the paranoia). Thankfully he still got access to the potions AND got to go to a safer place to transform which was definitely a great thing especially since he never really had somewhere like this. (576 words)
Stamina:    3
Evasion:      7
Strength:  8
Wisdom:    2
ArcPower:  5
Accuracy: 5
27 Jun 2019, 23:08
Link to your encyclopedia thread: encyclopedia

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist

Describe why this fits your character: Perfectionists are found in almost every race on Earth. Muggles even have their share of Perfectionists. Wizard Perfectionists want everything perfect including the spells they produce.

Lallie has been a perfectionist for almost her entire life. You could even say it's a bit of an addiction. In fact, it is by all accounts an addiction.

When Lallie was a small girl she didn't have a care in the world. She would run around carelessly, playing with her friends and just enjoying life without the void of existence and the cruelness of the world hanging over the small Lallie's head yet. Then her parents started butting into her life.

"Leo's got into Gifted at your age." "Leo was taking math with the older kids at your age" "Oh I remember Leo got a 42/40 on that exam. What did you get, a 40/40?"

These voices would ring in and out of Lallie's head for most of her childhood. Her parents would always compare everything she did to the way her older brother, Leo, did it. It was as if her parents would never think anything Lallie did was good enough. Leo was a child prodigy, god forbid Lallie didn't follow in his footsteps and become a child prodigy too.

Lallie wanted to please her parents though, as most children do her age. It started out tame, Lallie would put so much effort into everything she worked on. This allowed her to soar in her classes but of course, her parents only saw how she failed in comparison to Leo.

Lallie wasn't about to give up though. She put all her blood, sweat, and tears into everything she did. She worked so hard for such a hard time she naturally experienced burnout. She sunk deeper and why'll she was able to keep her grades afloat for a time her grades and her work slowly dropped.

Her teachers noticed this and talked to her parents about it. Her parents looked so disappointed in her. Their smart girl's grades had dropped. Seeing that look in their eyes made something snap in her head.

'You'll never be good enough for your parents.' 'You're just a trashy version of your brother.' 'How can you be so stupid as to let your grades drop?'

This voice was different from her parents' voices, it was deep, warped and evil sounding. The way Lallie's life turned out she developed a deep-rooted inferiority complex. Everything she did was never good enough, everything she did she told herself she could do better, even if she couldn't.

Lallie doesn't blame her parents or her brother for this. This wasn't their fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. She still loves her parents and her brother. They are very loving and nurturing even if her parents could sometimes be too critical.

That's how Lallie became a Perfectionist. A bitter psychological self-hatred rooted deeply in her brain. While many were Perfectionists to strive to be better, Lallie was a Perfectionist because it was an addiction. Now it's everything she does down to how she uses the magic engrained in her.

Stamina: 6
Evasion: 7
Strength: 0
Wisdom: 9
Arcane Power: 5
Accuracy: 8

"You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it will make you less miserable now."
- Abraham Lincoln
30 Jun 2019, 21:05
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Anastasia Beckett
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature Ability
Anastasia Beckett is strikingly pretty for an eleven-year-old, and as she ages, only becomes lovelier. Her mother was considered one of the greatest beauties of her class and had boys falling over her while she was young. Even now, she is one of the prettiest women one will ever hope to lay eyes on. However, this lovely woman valued little beyond her own beauty and success. She married highly traditional, pureblooded Oliver Beckett. As a result, beauty was a strongly valued attribute in Anastasia's life from early on, and she takes things like doing her hair or making certain her outfits and jewelry are perfectly coordinated for granted.

She is aware that she is pretty but doesn't give it much weight in her life, which somehow makes her beauty more captivating. Despite the fact that she puts a decent amount of effort into her appearance on a daily basis, she shrugs aside compliments on her looks. Truth is she's gotten comments about her looks she was quite young and is used to them. She is polite when her looks are mentioned, but she often changes the subject as though her looks are perfectly normal. 

She is both delicate and fierce at the same time, which often catches people off guard. Her unique and somewhat aggressive personality combined with her fair looks makes her a fearsome opponent. Many will simply focus on her looks and be caught unaware by her considerable intellect or biting wit. Others are blindsided by her abnormal willingness to set things on fire or escalate situations at the slightest provocation. Even if someone does not judge her by her looks, most will be surprised at the arguably ugly things this beauty is capable of doing. 

She is also a master manipulator, which means she will use each and every advantage she has to the fullest capacity. When she wishes, she can be surprisingly flirtatious, or as flirtatious as one can really be at eleven. She considers those who focus on her beauty to be somewhat foolish and has absolutely no qualms about tricking them into doing her wishes. This ranges from Anastasia playing on her mother's shallow friends' ideas about her to get extra sweets to fooling boys into doing extremely foolish and occasionally dangerous things. A majority of the time, she uses this influence for good, but that small sliver of time when she doesn't... 

That is when Anastasia Beckett is at her most dangerous.

WC - 408 words
Stamina: 3
Evasion:  7
Strength:  4
Wisdom:  9
ArcPower: 7
Accuracy: 5

Long story short, I survived

Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7
30 Jun 2019, 21:37
Link to Encyclopaedia
Name of Race/Ability: Seer.
The Seer ‘race’ or ‘ability’ is extremely rare as it is a recessive gene within magical heritage. Tracing back over Marissa’s family tree, one would finally find after many twist and turns, an ancestor in the 13th century on her Mother’s side, showing Seer like symptoms throughout their life. Known as ‘Eustace’, records only write that he was seen as a fortune teller within a small town. The wizard kept his true identity a secret as the burning of ‘witches’ was slowly becoming popular. He kept a diary simply stating he would mostly give fake stories, as the prophecies did not come at will, only coming randomly. On her Father’s side, a woman called Adelaide North in the 19th century was also a seer. A higher middle-class woman, keeping her ability a secret to the muggle world obviously and a low profile within the wizarding world. Not much is known about her since she shunned from her family at a later age. She had no children and was never married, viewing her Seer ability as a curse. If traced back, she is Marissa’s 3rd great grand auntie. These two blood lines were never related until when Marissa and Claryssa North were born.

Mari has obviously never met either of these people are they died many years before she was even born. Her family only knew a small amount of information about Adelaide North, since nearly all of her existence was wiped from the North family’s books. And with Eustace being a long ago ancestor, they never put Marissa or Claryssa being a seer into consideration. Both of Mari’s parents were muggles as her grandmother on her maternal side was a squib, and her great grandfather on her paternal was also a squib. Only when the North twins were born that the magic gene was active once again. So it became a shock to both of the adults when the girls began to show magical signs.

She was about five years old when her ability showed first signs, what she thought was a dream was a quick snippet of the near future.  Only of her mother and father checking on her and her sister to see if they were asleep. Whenever the small snippet would appear, Marissa would often just brush it off as deja vu or a dream if she was asleep. This was due mostly to her not knowing about the Magical world up until she got her Hogwarts letter. There are many ways her ability showed, just like how it influenced her physical appearance. As a child she would always get told she looked somewhat different to her twin sister, by their height and hair colour. Only when summer came did their hair truly look similar due to the sun bleaching both of the girls’ hair.

Marissa has no idea about her ability just yet, due to only the major signs showing up within the Third Year.

So if Marissa were to become this race, it would slowly appear in her threads with prophecies appearing and obviously her appearance, her hair slowly turning white throughout the years. Becoming a Seer would obviously help and steer Mari’s development in a new and unique way.
WC: 535
Race: Seer.
Stamina: 6
Evasion:  6
Strength:  7
Wisdom:  7
ArcPower: 8
Accuracy: 6
Last edited by Marissa North on 1 Jul 2019, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

M. North
30 Jun 2019, 21:53
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Elena Liana Jones
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Seer
The future has always been something of a mystery to Elena, but only the long term. The girl lived in chaos and her distant future changed accordingly, good then bad as plans were scrapped and rewritten. Though there was always some knowledge of the short term, a few minutes, maybe an hour at most, but it was there. It started as flashes...

Elena always had a good instinct, above average, one could say. Back in London she'd always be in the right place to get the best items, if a gullible tourist was walking around she somehow was able to walk into them. In Hogwarts the feelings got stronger, a feeling she should take a walk through the Second Floor right before an explosion occurred. The feeling that she needed to move right before the dhampir lashed out with a spell and somehow she absolutely knew that the Cabins were the right place to go.

Elena dragged one of her best friends out of the Abandoned Toilets, she blasted a pair of kidnappers with spell after spell to save other students, and that's not the end of it. In fact there's much much more.

Little things added up too, knowing that studying in the owlery one night would be quiet, or would be a good idea. Her skin crawling when something bad is about to happen, or not wanting to stay in a corridor for too long. Even the echoes of past events in a way could be felt, it wasn't unusual to find out that somewhere that felt wrong had been the epicentre of something horrible.

That's not all though, at age seven the dreams started, Elena would wake up soaked in sweat and screaming, but even then she couldn't remember what she'd seen. Once someone had told her she was talking in her sleep, weird rhymes and strange other worldly parables. The girl chalked it up to too many fantasy books at the time. Later on, after waking up too many times from nightmares she did remember, Elena started to see danger in every corner, as if everything that could be was blending in front of her eyes. Giving her a sense of information overload and making her, for once, afraid.

At age nine though, right before she took a running jump off a rooftop, she got more than a feeling of impending doom, or instinct. It was her, slipping and falling, but by the glimpse finished it was too late, and Elena was only saved by accidental magic. Although she never told anybody, it happened a few more times throughout the years, but Elena never told a soul, afraid of being marked as insane. In the library at Hogwarts though, her reading took her to the shelves listing magical races, and inside she found a reference to a race known as Seers.

It all became clear, the flashes, the intuition, how Elena knew where to be from the quidditch pitch to when she was working on an article. Who to talk to, where to go, and hell even what spells to cast, there's a point when instinct is too accurate to be mundane. Elena has reached beyond that point time and time again, trying to save the people around her or just trusting her gut. One thing's for sure, blue hair dye sure does cover white hairs well.
Word Count: 561

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Fearless
They say the streets of London are meant to be no place for a child, and that's right, they aren't. Although when you were very likely thought to be born on them, it breeds a certain level of fearlessness, the ability to walk into danger to save people, not to fear those who pretty much should be feared. It was one of the only parts of herself Elena thought was a leadership skill. Bravery.

Elena may not have been a Gryffindor, lacking most of the chivalry that would've tipped the scales away from the house of the cunning, but as for bravery Elena has it in droves. Not enough time to be terrified when you're dealing with your problems, at least that's what she'd say if anyone asked her.

From volunteering for duelling and quidditch, to walking up and talking to the kid that once tried to kill her, Elena has exhibited amazing decision making skills. If amazing is a synonym of terrible and insane, then that's correct, at least they were amazingly brave, or rather fearless.

As for deliberate intimidation, Elena has been known to brush this off and start needling the opponent, from Falentra Black to Imani Percival, any kind of fear had been replaced by a need to tell them off, naturally with an edgy yet large helping of snark and sarcasm.

The only times Elena has been afraid were when she hadn't slept, and even then if danger arrived she was quick to ignore it in favour of acting however was going to help her the best in the moment. Also when she was afraid there was nothing she could do to stop herself from losing someone she loved.

Growing up reading tales of heroes, especially of ones who succeeded against the odds, and ones that got darker to try and save the people they loved influenced Elena. Making her act more like them, cover up the pain, and the fear, make sure you do what is right no matter the consequences.

A fearless nature, from the world she came from and the worlds she's read, Elena isn't a Gryffindor, not one of the brave and true that dwell there. But in the end a Slytherin made of cunning and ambition, daring and bravery, someone who would be more than willing to stand in the line of fire for her goals, or for the people she loved. That's what Elena Jones is, fearless.
Word Count: 407

Stats:
Stamina → 3
Evasion → 8
Strength → 2
Wisdom → 7
ArcPower → 8
Accuracy → 7

I'm weak my love.
1 Jul 2019, 02:55
Year One

Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia Page

Why?
Reducio
At a very young age, Landon always found himself avoiding danger whether it was physical or emotional. His first memory of such a case was when he was seven years old and he was playing with his basketball outside. Unbeknownst to his parents, who were consumed with their own workload that they always brought home, Landon had missed a three pointer and the ball bounced against the back rim and found it rolling to the middle of the street.

Young Landon, with his oversized t-shirt and faded blue jeans, had run after the ball but had found himself stopping halfway through the two-way street. The aforementioned street had a horrible reputation of cars speeding through and completely disregarding the thirty-five speed limit. Something within the young boy told him not to go any further, despite wanting his poor ball. And just as he had stopped, a two-door Acura TLX zipped right passed the seven year old.

Landon felt his black locks fly back as the car zipped through his line of sight and he could almost make out the shocked face of a young teenager who put both hands back on the stirring wheel. The mili-second moment had gone extremely slow for Landon and he was stuck in a trance.

Boom!

The explosion of his basketball snapped him back to the present as the car continued down the street, its backlights glowing a soft red. When Landon looked for his ball again, he found it some feet away and completely obliterated flat. He ran to it and picked it up gingerly as tears welled in his eyes.

It was then that his parents rushed to the door and Landon could almost hear the gasps and prayers from across the street. He watched as his mother ran toward him and within seconds, he was swooped into her arms, his head (forcibly) shoved into her dark brown mane. He could barely hear the words that came out of her mouth as he tried to get free of the tangled mess. When he finally did, he saw his father across the street. He could see the look of hurt and … guilt? But there was something else in his eyes that Landon couldn’t place as a seven year old.

It wouldn’t be until years later when he became a Wizard that he would question that fateful evening all those years ago. When he had arrived home during a winter break from Hogwarts, the discussion had aroused and Landon pushed the topic to be had and told … truthfully.

It was then that his muggle father confided a secret to the young eleven year old while his muggle wife tended to cook the evening meal. He whispered low so that Landon would be the only one to hear,

“I knew you were a wizard, son. My mother was. And she had a rare gift that I think is hidden deep with those … “ His father paused, and did something he had never done to Landon. He cupped his right cheek and brought his face closer. Landon could see his father’s eyes examining his own. “Those eyes, son.”

His father went on to mention that Landon’s grandmother had foreseen that very moment from happening; her grandchild saved just barely from a black car and said that it would be the moment his father should know that his son, Landon, was a wizard.

Despite the secrecy, Landon couldn't help but wonder if his mom, only a room away, held a similar family secret. Perhaps he did come from wizards from both sides of his family. In that moment, he decided that he would learn more about his family lineage even if his parents had hid it from him for all these years.

Word Count:600

Year Two

Ability: Perfectionist

Why?
Reducio
Landon recalled one of his first classes when he had to perform the levitation charm. Being new to the magical word, he knew he stepped into a realm that he was sorely disadvantaged at with most of the students in Hogwarts being from families that practiced magic and exposed their children to it every day. He hadn’t realized how disadvantaged he was until that fateful charms class. He had tried to levitate a piece of bread only for it to backfire and instead of the slice flying – he went flying across the room. He could still recall the laugher and snickering from those around him. It was then he vowed to never allow himself to be bested by anyone.

Thus, he began studying, practicing, and obsessing over making sure that when he did perform a spell – it wasn’t just successful but it was done with such a sense of control and precision that he would stand out among his peers. He’d study the pronunciation of each spell countless times as his dorm-mates turned in their beds, sleeping through their third dream. He would seclude himself away and work on his wand movement, as well as his wand-draw, in order to create the most effortless flourish and execution of any spell that was uttered through his lips. Even within the confinements of his mind, he would think of nothing else but the task at hand. He had learned a secret to charm casting or at the very least, if it weren’t a secret to most, it was news to him.

The ability to perform a spell wasn’t just about concentrating on the outcome. As he waved his wand through the air for any spell, he considered the process or the ‘why’ as to spell’s intention. By concentrating upon that, he found himself more and more successful every time he said an incantation. It was what helped him through many of his classes when it came to spell casting and he hoped, it would carry him on to be one of the greatest wizards that would leave House Slytherin.

Even his rise to top student, Landon credited it to his perfectionist mentality. He needed to be the best and to prove to people that his muggle-born parentage didn’t defy him as a wizard. It was his capability, his tenacity, his will to be the best that would truly defy him as the wizard he was becoming.

Word Count: 404

Stats:
Stamina|7
Evasion|4
Strength|1
Wisdom|6
ArcPower|9
Accuracy|8

Last edited by Landon Storm on 1 Jul 2019, 03:35, edited 6 times in total.

A Seer and a Perfectionist
Stamina 7 | Evasion 4 | Strength 1 | Wisdom 6 | Arcane 9 | Accuracy 8