Register
Sign in
25 Jul 2020, 16:48
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Statistically Relevant [year 2]
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio
Lizzie's summer once she had gotten home from summer camp had immediately gotten pretty boring. After the whole fiasco with Zykeal, she had sworn to have a good few weeks before she arrived back at hogwarts for the summer.

As soon as she had stepped on foot into the house, she knew exactly that her dreams of having a nice few relaxing weeks were not going to happen. If she wanted to return back to school feeling special, better and maybe even stronger than before she would defiantly need to work for it.

Her siblings had not helped the process for the first few days. They constantly asked her exactly what she had done at the magical wizarding school. Every detail had to be said. They somehow knew exactly when she left something out. All the secrets had been spilled. Thankfully, after all questions had been answered the house went back to normal. Normal could be an understatement because 'normal' for them would be classed as a zoo for muggles.

Other than that, Lizzie had finally gotten time to herself and with the help of her uncle ,who had taught her to be very charming, she had gotten some boxing gloves and a punching bag. If it wasn't for their very believable lie that it was a new body pillow it would have never been allowed in the house.

Every morning and night, the blonde girl would rush to her room to punch it for hours on end. It was her goal to be a shortie that could carry to weight of Hogwarts on her shoulders. Considering, she was still carrying a few secrets on her back she knew she could at least carry a castle full of thousands of students probably weighing a very large amount that Lizzie even knew existed.

Lizzie was determined to be one of the strongest at the school. One of the most physically fit. Someone that could protect anyone whenever she was around. Someone who was admired. Yes, Lizzie had finally taken fame [she wasn't even that famous] to the head. The girl had even started planning to make a statue of her self to put in her front garden.

She had everything in a dream as she punched the bag in front of her for days, weeks. It had been forming there for ages. The heavy breathing she would normally have heard was drowned out at the sound of a crowd clapping at her house garden. It was made of a beautiful stone. Only the best for the Lizzie Verdine. It was there with smaller statues of her family on the side. Her brothers and father on the left with her two sisters and mother on the right.

Who was gonna make the statue? Obviously not Lizzie. She was not good at any type of art other than music. She was going to hire someone for that. However, lifting the statues would be a different story. Maybe it could help her along the path to success. How else was she to achieve her goals other than actually trying to work for it.

Lizzie finally stopped and looked around the room. That vision would never happen but a girl could dream. She quickly moved over towards to closest full-body mirror [lizzie being a narcissist had multiple mirrors around the room] and grinned. The light shinned on her forehead as she spluttered out a small "Amazing."

At least, the Ravenclaw had got one of her dreams. She smirked and lifted up her arms flexing her body. She laughed at herself and continued for a few minutes. She heard a click at the door and a very deep voice booming out, "What the heck."

"Dad? Get out of my room! Now!"

625 words

[+2] will be added to strength in a trunk update

|| Charmer || Statistically Relevant ||
|| Stamina - 5 || Evasion - 6 || Strength - 11 || Wisdom - 7 || Arcane Power - 6 || Accuracy - 7 ||
25 Jul 2020, 17:11
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Perfectly Pristine
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist

Being a perfectionist by nature is one of those double edged swords. At times, it would help Hjørdis to be far better at something - through the sheer dedication of being determined enough to keep trying. But it also ran the risk of making her overly critical, anxious and cast doubt on things such as her skills or abilities.

During her childhood, she did not know she was a perfectionist by nature but it always bothered her. She wanted things to go well and more often than not, something would be wrong. It made her a little anxious and was a reason for her childhood tantrums. In particular, when she expected things to go well back at home. For example, her mother to show up when she said she would. It usually ended in a lot of disappointment. It was expected, since things were rarely ever perfect. No matter how good things were, they were rarely ever perfect.

However, this trait eventually started to become a good thing. Her desire for things to be perfect helped her a lot in her school work. It caused her far more stress and anxiety than necessary for the most part - worrying needlessly whether something was exactly right or not. Getting the highest grade was not good enough, she had to get full marks. However, over time, her hard work and dedication to striving for perfect started to pay off.

She was not reckless by nature, not even slightly. She always enjoyed a plan - and seeing a plan being followed through to the end. Whilst things did not always go according to plan, she enjoyed the organisation behind it. And so, Hjørdis found herself taking far more care than some of her fellow students. During class, whilst others might have already moved onto the practical portion of a spell - casting aimlessly and recklessly - she took an extra few moments to ensure that she understood it well. She would spend an extra few minutes making sure that her pronunciation was perfect, that she understood the hand movements and how to cast the spell successfully. She visualised it before she put it into practice.

During class, it usually meant that she was behind everyone else for a few minutes. Whilst they were succeeding around her, she would still be visualising the process. However, a few students around her also found themselves getting hurt when the spell backfired onto them because they had rushed it. This did not happen to her as frequently. For the first few years of Uagadou, it occasionally happened. But as time went on, it happened less and less. With practice and care, she started to apply her desire for everything to be perfect into her spell casting.

Whilst having a spell backfire rarely happened to her, it was still very much possible. It just made her feel worse when it did because she should be perfect. That was the standard she started to hold herself to and she found herself far more critical of herself when she was anything but perfect. This was not limited to her spell casting or anything magic related in general, of course. But rather, in life. She was just too much of a perfectionist all round and failure hurt all that much more.
Word Count: 550

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance
25 Jul 2020, 21:24
Link to your encyclopedia thread: The Dungeons
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Poison Resistance

Being brought up with her muggle family, magic was not really something she was exposed to in her youth. She instantly fell in love with the concept of it the day she found out she was a witch. The idea of finding out that dragons, unicorns, vampires, everything was actually real was thrilling. The concept of being able to cast magic from her own hands, turn someone into a ferret or conjure up snow was exciting. During her first few years at Uagadou, she found herself wanting to try everything. She signed up for far too many clubs, tried far too much.

Over time, however, potions started to grow on her. It did not seem as exciting as seeing a real life phoenix or flying in the air, at first. But ultimately, there was something about potions that appealed to her. She could not explain it as a teenager. She could not tell you why she enjoyed it. She just did.

However, it was ultimately because of her inner perfectionist. Potions appealed to that part of her that allowed her to just know when something was right. Of course, recipes could always be improved and become better but it was very obvious when a potion was brewed well. That immediate satisfaction and gratification appealed to her. And as such, Hjørdis found herself spending more of her free time studying potions and alchemy. Years of her life, even post graduation, went into potions and alchemy.

She spent so much time brewing potions and sometimes, she could not help but snag a small taste of it. She would do this when she knew it would be beneficial to her. Anything that enhanced the mind or appearance was worth just having a bit of. Blemish Blitzer, Beautification Potion, Baruffio's Brain Elixir, as a few examples, all seemed irresistible knowing they could not cause any harm. Other times, potions became something she relied on. If someone got hurt - herself included - she was much more likely to go to the potions storeroom and find one of the healing potions she had brewed, rather than rely on a spell. In her opinion, potions were far better than spells.

Unfortunately, she also ended up getting in trouble sometimes. Slightly mischievous from a young age and enjoying the odd prank meant that the world of potions gave her a whole new range of pranking material. Her and her group of friends had an ongoing 'prank wars' with another group. They did not do anything drastic - no death potions or anything super harmful - of course. However, they enjoyed things like trying to slip someone a bit of a potion that caused laughter during class or one that causes coughing timed so they were just about to go spend time with their crush.

Being a potioneer became her dream and knowing this, she dived right into experimenting and research too. She was determined to improve every known potion recipe, create cures for things that did not exist, prolong life. Perhaps it was her blissful ignorance of life or overconfidence, but she found herself becoming bolder with her experiments. At first, she simply tweaked a little to try and get a better result. But as her confidence grew, she ended up throwing random ingredients together in the hopes of creating something incredible.

Of course, her experiments were usually scolded by the teachers and supervisors. It was dangerous, after all. But young Hjørdis had far too much confidence, deciding that they were simply being overprotective. Nothing had gone wrong yet, so why would it start now? Her potions were perfect. At least, that was what she believed in overconfidence.

When she created something new, she found herself constantly unsure of how she would test it out and the desire to just try some, when the liquid looked so beautiful or had a really nice smell, was always there. This did not always work out for her. At times, she found herself getting horribly sick as a result, hospitalised and scolded by the professors for her foolish behaviour. It was stupid, in all honesty.

However, over time, her body started to build a resistance towards various poisons. She processed the liquid better. Perhaps it was the variety of potions that she had been exposed to during the prank wars or the experiments, or because it was something she had accidentally consumed in her experiments, she did not know. But exposing herself to various concoctions so much started to help build up her immunity over time and made her slightly more resistant.
Word Count: 762

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance
26 Jul 2020, 05:15
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia

Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Evasive Maneuvers

Describe why this fits your character:

Reducio
Selim’s clan trained their children in more then just fighting. They also taught them the skills needed to evade their enemies, dodging, weaving, predicting muscle movement with the utmost precision, and drilling them in speed so they could keep up with their mental observations.
The clan head’s only heir was no exception.
Selim still remembered the day, at the young age of seven, that he was brought out alongside the other students of his clan’s school. He was confused as to why he was there, seeing as how he was usually only taught how to fight one on one with his personal instructors.
His mother left him with his early peers without another glance back, as cold as usual.
The teacher spoke up, saying that they’d all be doing evasion training. The explanation given was that most opponents could likely overpower them despite their training in hand-to-hand combat, bluntly saying that they were all weak, soft, young, and unable to do damage with their tiny fists.
So, to remedy that, they all learned how to use their small sizes to their advantage.
Evasion training was deceptively simple, if observed by outside eyes. The trainers just threw blunted knives at them in an almost-endless barrage, using magic to levitate most and adding in knives thrown by their own hands.
The children were forced to dodge and weave. At first the exercise only included them and a teacher, then two or three other children, and then as a whole group. Along with having to avoid the projectiles, they had to maneuver around their peers.
The challenge was switched between the use of flying blades, and blunt fists. You learned the hard way, or no way.
Selim hated evasion training, but after a few years he begrudgingly admitted to himself that it was rather effective. The only side effect of the harsh drill were bruises, and the fact that he ended up constantly being on edge (the trainers sometimes surprise-attacked their students outside of academy hours).
To this day, Selim continued to hone his evasion ability. It was rather effective, as he had been hit only twice during his time at Hogwarts when unexpected and dangerous events occurred during the school year. He had neared mastery of such a simple life skill… but there was always room for improvement.
Sometimes, people may find him training the ability by purposefully weaving through a crowd of students with the goal of not allowing himself to brush even a single person.
Though, that was really the only way he could train himself in evasion at Hogwarts…
He was sure it would be harder whenever he was sent back to his clan compound at the end of the school year…
(He still hated evasion training… but it was necessary.)

Stats:

Reducio
____ ____ ____

/40

Stamina: 5
Evasion: 10
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 7
ArcPower: 3
Accuracy: 10

____ ____ ____[/quote]

"False Face must Hide what the Heart Doth Know." -Macbeth
S.F
28 Jul 2020, 10:57
Link to Encyclopedia Thread: Aemadall Zarcovich
Race: Part Goblin

People always said Aemadall was short behind his back. Aemadall was strange and different from the moment he was born. He had pointy ears and long fingers and feet.
He inherited it from his mom who got it from her dad and so on. Kids at school would always compare him to a goblin. Some of those kids slipped of the floor and hit the ground hard right after they insulted him.
Sometimes, during gang fights in their neighborhood, some would come to their house in an attempt to raid and his mom would be first to find them. Whenever he comes down the stairs to make sure she was okay. He would find the thugs piling on top of each other, unconscious at the porch and his mom would be reading a book peacefully while leaning on the railing while listening to classical music maybe Beethoven.
People would often say I was a weirdo magnet with Travis my best friend and the bullies and hippies at school.
My school was going on a camping trip to the woods and many parents let their kids go, whether because they wanted them to explore the great outdoor or just get out the house, I guess no one shall ever know. The kids were piling into the buses as usually I sat with Travis and his pasty other friend, Leo. They were just talking about whatever it is they talk about while I, on the other hand was listening to heavy metal which, contrary to popular belief actually calms me down, who knew listen to Led Zeppelin could help you sleep.
We arrived at the school's private camping ground and decided to make our tents. I brought the tents and flashlights, Travis brought snacks and soda, while Leo brought sleeping bags and the ultimate prankster kit: scary masks, stink bombs, shaving cream and so on, you have to sleep with one eye open when staying even a few hours with him.
In the night, Travis and Leo woke me up so we could go explore the woods. Reluctantly, I agreed and brought the flashlights. As we went further in, we always made sure we knew camp was with my compass as Travis left trails of gummy bears so we could find our way back to the camp before sunrise. As we moved, it always seemed like the shadows were pointing to me like I was interesting to them all of a sudden.
As we stopped and went back in the direction of camp, I saw a vague humanoid figure move in our direction from behind us, we ran for it! Travis was a tough kid, but I sweated he came about to scream. As I pointed my flashlight at it, it dispersed like a cloud of smoke, moved to the shadow and keep moving until it was right in front of me. Travis and Leo were already getting to camp and had forgotten about me. Out of fear, I pushed it away, and a spark of blue light it exploded and flew into a tree. I looked at my arms and they were crackling with electricity and it died down in 3 seconds. I got to camp at sunrise and told no one. Then when I got home, I did research about goblins and realized I was no ordinary person.
Mod note: please fill out the form correctly

The less you reveal, the more others wonder
29 Jul 2020, 12:47
Name; Abbafa Longest

Ability chosen; Charm
Abbafa noticed a boy she liked before she came to Hogwarts. And when I mean liked I ment she was the one who freaked out when she saw him. She told her friend Jale to help her flirt with him.

Jale told her that she had to get herself all rolled up first to make herself look presentable. So she got a nice dress to help her and started to put make up on more often.

Second, they talked about how she would actually talk to him. It wasn't easy. But she was able to find a way that would make all the men stop and stare. Jale told her that she's strait, but that she was so good that even she blushed.

Third, she had to make sure that she was always polite and respectful of others. She aced that one final fastly.

Last Jale told her to be careful who she flirts with and that she needs to know the right time. Abbafa listened and took her advice.

The nested day she noticed that the boy she liked was right around the corner. She then used her appearance, shy nature that, and dress to seduce him in to going on a date with her. Ever since she's flirted with several men who would pay there intire fortune to sleep with her

One time during one of her break ups the man she was with was almost ready to kidnap her if there weren't cops around he would have done it. Another time was when a man snuck into her room. They had to call the police.

Abbafa then checked with Jale to help her control. She then had to take a few classes with Jale again to help her make sure she would be safe.

While this worked, but she can still see boys staring at her. Maybe because of her looks or her charm, but men still stop and stare.

She has also decided to use it to her advantage. So that way she can use it when overs need it the most. One time while Jale was about to get hurt she calmly stepped I and convicted the boy to not hurt Jale. Another time she used her charm was when she decided to help her mother get a lower price at the market. Her mother thanked her but told her that Abbafa should have done something over than that

404 Words

Stats
Sta:7
Eva:6
Str:4
Wis:4
Acp:6
Acc:8
Mod note: please fill out the form correctly

Abbafa longest
29 Jul 2020, 16:20
Posting to remind people that we have a form of submitting ability applications. Please stick to the form, thank you.

Skelfr Yggdrasils askr standandi
ymr it aldna tré, en jötunn losnar
30 Jul 2020, 06:38
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Right here!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature

Amalie Bordeaux had always been beautiful, ever since she was a little girl. Her eyes that were cold and grey, yet they welcomed you in, like a moth drawn to a flame. Her pale skin was free of any blemishes, and it looked like porcelain. Her long, dark hair was curled to perfection. Her figure was tall, and she had all of the curves in all of the right places. Her lips were red, plump, and soft. Amalie used this to her advantage when she was younger, charming everyone to get her way, her beauty helping her. Beneath that beauty hid a horrid personality, but the people she came across didn't care. They gave her compliments, and love. She caught the eye of every person at Hogwarts, her lovely aura trailing after her, although she wasn't as lovely as she seemed.

Alexandre Bordeaux was also a handsome young man. He was tall and muscular, and had a mysterious aura that made people interested to figure out who this guy was. He too, had dark hair, and was very polite, yet cold. It was no surprise to the people when the two of them became a thing, both of them extremely gorgeous in their own, separate ways. It was no doubt that they were going to have gorgeous children as well.

They got married and had Johnathan first, who was quite the strapping young man as he grey older, having similar looks to his father, though his personality was quite different. He was quite the flirt. And then, one fateful day, they had Ophelia.

Ophelia, was to say the least, beautiful. She inherited her mother's looks, her porcelain skin that was soft to touch, long, straight dark brown hair, and those eyes. Those piercing grey eyes, that resembled a doe's. She was petite and fragile, and extremely soft spoken. She never really wanted all the attention she got. "My, how pretty and lovely you are! Just like your parents!" That's what adults would constantly tell her. She never used her looks to her advantage, unless she was told to, or if she needed to be cute in order to get something from someone. When she'd go out before Hogwarts, she remembered a lot of boys asking for her to play with them, a noticeable flush on their cheeks. Ophelia always agreed, to be polite. Plus, she wouldn't mind playing. They would always be reluctant to say goodbye, she even remembered a while back when a few of the boys kissed her on the cheek. She didn't mind, although the little girl felt appreciated, and a little uncomfortable. But she always had fun. She also remembered that Johnathan would have to wave the boys off of his sister, becoming more protective as the years progressed.
Word Count: 463
Statistics

Stamina: 7
Evasion: 5
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 7
ArcPower: 2
Accuracy: 6
STATUS: Pending, please owl Béatrice Lydursdattir once you have been added to the Index

Stamina: 7 || Evasion: 5 || Strength: 3 || Wisdom: 7 || ArcPower: 2 || Accuracy: 6 ||
30 Jul 2020, 17:20
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia Link
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Components
Reducio

First year Aleksander "Kas" Ostrowski wandered around the grounds of Durmstrang Academy roughly an hour before Potions class, continuing his daily ritual of grabbing whatever may seem like it would go interestingly in a cauldron. The young boy strode about, grabbing random plants and various fauna, anything he could get his hands on, placing them all in small containers to bring with him to class, to experiment with once he was done brewing whatever mundane potion they would be working on today.

The experimentation is what stoked his love of Potions. If he could've spent all his time in Potions just throwing random things together to see what fit he would've. However he doubted his Professor appreciated the many scorch marks that had become impossible to clean around the general area of his typical workspace.

After collecting a few last worms and putting them away in his bag he knew it was time to head to class. He was eager to see what he could whip up with all of this in his possession. He made sure to hurry, not wanting to be late.

Fifth year Aleksander "Aleks" Ostrowski gently ran his hand down one of the most prominent scars across his face. His eyes staring at the lock just in front of him as he slid the Potion Master's key inside and slowly unlocked it. Had he been given special permission to use this key? Not by a long shot, but the Durmstrang Potions Master would be asleep for a good while after the sleeping draught Aleks had spiked their drink with.

He had no ill-intentions. He just needed to grab a few things. The young man slipped into the cold and empty classroom and quickly strode to the storeroom to grab the few bits and pieces that he needed. A couple of Unicorn horns, lots of Standard ingredient, some nettles, a few fairy wings and some Dittany leaves. He was certain the school wouldn't even notice they were missing.

He tucked all of the ingredients into various pockets he had sewn into his robes. Good for carrying various ingredients, especially if you weren't exactly supposed to have them. He made sure everything looked present and correct before concealing all of his stolen goods beneath his robes and moving to leave the classroom, ensuring to lock the door behind him so he could go return the key to where it was supposed to be.

Or at least that was the plan until he wound up walking straight into a Seventh Year Prefect who did not look at all happy with him. "Bzdury..." (Crap...) He cursed under his breath. His heist ending in a months long detention, the time he spent drafting up new ideas for concoctions.

Freelance Potioneer Aleksander Ostrowski stood hunched over his workstation as his brew bubbled away in the dingy and drafty workshop he'd set up for himself. "Bezoar...Bezoar...Bezoaaaar..." He mumbled to himself as he searched around for it. He usually had what he needed somewhere. He checked his pockets and his drawers, places he stored the ingredients that wound up coming into his possession. Eventually he found a chunk of Bezoar in one of the compartments of his bag which he promptly plopped into the mix and began stirring.

It was funny, the ingredients he needed always seemed to turn up somewhere on his person. Except the key components of Wolfsbane...for now they always seemed to elude him.

He glanced over at his application form for Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Perhaps he should post that in, to make sure he always had what he needed, whenever he needed it.

WC: 609
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well: STA: 15 | EVA: 10 | STR: 15 | WIS: 10 | ARC: 5 | ACC: 10

What makes a monster? And what makes a man?
30 Jul 2020, 18:40
Link to Encyclopedia: Here

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist

Reducio
While she was in school, Natalie Lewis hadn't worked quite as hard on her studies as she should have. Instead of practicing her spells and charms, she would be spending time with her friends, giggling over boys and other silly things like that. Instead of writing essays for her History of Magic classes, she would be exploring the many floors of the castle that was Hogwarts. Natalie didn't get very good grades in any of her classes except for Muggle Studies, because Muggles were a topic of interest for her. Even then it was only an E.

⇷ ● ⇸

Upon meeting Allie for the first time, it would be hard to guess that she had never been around many people for the first 11 years of her life. Being the very outgoing, smart, and social girl that she is, that would actually be the last thing you would think. But it's true. Being raised in a busy, big town and surrounded by Muggles, the Lewis family decided to live in a very secluded, cozy home on the outskirts of Westbury, wanting to limit the chances of their magic being revealed. Allie was home schooled, and although Oliver Lewis would have been a better teacher for his daughter, he had a busy job as an Auror, so Allie's mother began teaching her.

After graduating from Hogwarts, Natalie Lewis realized how many things could have been possible if she had worked a little harder. So, knowing this, Natalie made sure her daughter Allie was prepared well for Hogwarts, even before Allie had been accepted, and even before they were positive she had magic in her blood. She always checked over Allie's work very thoroughly, making sure everything was absolutely correct before letting her daughter move on. To Allie, it was almost like her mother had two separate personalities. When she wasn't teaching Allie, Natalie was very calm, gentle, and laughed a lot. But while she was teaching her daughter, it was like a switch had been flicked, changing her into a critical woman, who was always editing Allie's work until it was perfect.

As the years passed, Allie began to see things from her mother's perspective, after being taught by her for so long. Soon, she started seeing the fact that something was wrong, before the fact that another thing was right. On one hand, noticing things this way helped Allie with her studies at home and once she came to Hogwarts. She started to get things correct much faster, since things that were wrong stood out enough that they were easy to find and fix. On the other hand, once Allie arrived at Hogwarts, she became very focused on her schoolwork and had little time for anything else. This trait sometimes made her seem like a big know-it-all, which wasn't what she wanted to portray herself as. Not only was Allie a perfectionist in her schoolwork, but she was also a very strict rule follower, and hated breaking (or even bending) the rules. She was always afraid of getting into trouble, which led her to make sure she never placed a toe out of line where it didn't belong.

There were many things horrible about being such a perfectionist, but there were also many things that were good about it. She would just have to figure out how to balance them out.

Word Count: 559 words

IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:

Stamina: 6 |
Evasion: 5 |
Strength: 5 |
Wisdom: 8 |
Arcane Power: 4 |
Accuracy: 7 |

Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile.