Register
Sign in
15 Jul 2020, 20:36
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Rose Moon's Second Year Ability Application
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature
Reducio
Lovely Creature

You are so incredibly beautiful, it is hard to take ones eyes off of you.

Prerequisite: None

Effect: You are very distracting to look at. This increases the Control DC of spells in duels and adventures by +2 as well as the DC for finding things in adventures or the DC for finding the snitch in a game of Quidditch.

If taken by a Veela, this is increased by an additional +1.
Of note: The Lovely Creature ability in Quidditch matches only affects the snitch search DC for the opponent team.

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio

Rose has never thought much of herself. She never thought she was particularly pretty, or more pretty than usual. She never felt like she was more pretty than anyone else, but more of an average person. That there was nothing particularly straying from the average about herself. That the way she looked and looks is nothing special.
Boy, is she wrong.
Even before she was born, the third Moon child was expected to be a lovelg creature. Family and close friends wondered whether she would be more beautiful than her mom. Her mother, Pearl, was widely known amongst friends and family for being very beautiful, and her father, Gabe, was easy on the eyes as well. Pearl and Gabe's firstborn, Faith, was no less than the gorgeous girl everyone had predicted. Faith was barely three years into her life when the beautiful redhead baby named Rose was born. She not only met but also surpassed the already high expectations on her exterior, even though she lacked some things on the inside that was expected of a Moon or a Windsor. Her beauty and loveliness only increased over time and as she got older, more mature.
She has drawn many eyes because of her beauty, and whenever someone mentions it, she blushes and thanks them, but doesn't really believe them. She sticks out a little bit more because of it in many places she usually would not, though, being the extreme introvert she is, she normally blends into the background.
Maybe it was the angles in her face, every curve and every edge... how it seemed to work together to make a beautiful view. Maybe it's her emerald eyes, so complex you could stare at them for hours. Or the way they glimmered with wisdom and maturity beyond her age or the way you could see the constant spark of gentle kindness, of observing, listening, watching quietness in them. Maybe it was her hair, how her thick, amber locks curled widely and gracefully down. Or maybe when it was up, how she seemed to put together. How her outfit was always coordinated and went together. Maybe it was the curves and edges of her body... her shoulders, her chest, her waist, her posture, or her skinniness. Or maybe the way she walked, how she seemed the definition of grace (until she tripped of course).
Maybe it was all of that put together.
But whatever it was, Rose has always been a lovely creature.
Word count: 412
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
Stamina- 6
Evasion- 8
Strength- 5
Wisdom- 9
ArcPower- 7
Accuracy- 5
I do not have any stat changes, but here are my current stats.
If there is anything I need to fix, please tell me!
Thanks you so much!

16 Jul 2020, 03:12
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here but the trunk hasn't been updated yet
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Charmer
I never really think of myself as pretty or anything like that, but I have started to notice that people are sometimes drawn to me. Not only that, but people tend to do as I say. Not in a weird way, but like, if I ask someone to run up to the Gryffindor Common Room to grab something for me, they would probably do it. Even if there was something more stressful going on like another mosp attack or something; I'm sure I could convince someone to defend me, even if they normally wouldn't. I never really abuse the control, in fact, I've only recently discovered that I can do it

There's a lot about me that people don't know. At first glance, I am a quiet introverted girl who people only know about from rumors. But, recently, I've begun letting myself talk to more people, I am recognized now when I used to never be. There's a sort of power that comes with being known. Perhaps it is my increasing social status that leads to this weird thing.

I mean, I don't want to sound vain or anything like that, but I have had a few people also mention my looks. They say that my hair is pretty or my outfit looks good on me or my eyes are captivating. Well, the last one might have been a stretch, but I'm sure they think that. Honestly, when I look in the mirror, I don't see that person that other people see, I tend to be over critical, so there is no surprise that I don't see myself the way that others do. Maybe my looks do add to the whole charming personality thing that's going on too.

I think that the fact that I am usually really nice and caring makes me an easy person to trust. Sure, it takes me a long time to trust people, but people trust me easily enough. I also have a way with words, so there's that too.

I really don't like talking about the fact that I can manipulate people. I wouldn't really use it to my advantage on most occasions anyway. I'm still really figuring out what this whole thing is. Like, is it something magical? I'm not even sure if it luck or just chance. I don't think this newfound ability is very dangerous, so I'm kind of just keeping it to myself. No point in worrying anyone about something that might not even be real.

Besides, I'm not planning on taking advantage of my charming abilities; yet.

>Stats: Sta 9, Evas 8, Str 3, Wis 11, ArcP 9, Acc 6<
>Healing Sage | Perfectionist | Charmer || Leader of SHC| Owner of The Kat Shop<
16 Jul 2020, 18:06
Link to Ency : The Firebird
Ability : Obnoxiously Strong
Year : 2nd Year
Description : Down below
Being an only child in the Ironwoods household sometimes has it own perks, even though both of my parents busy with their respective works, they tried to be there for me and provide anything that I want. Nothing too fancy though, just indoor rock climbing wall and half-court basketball field.

At first father denied my requests but I pointed out what he lacked off in the terms of parenting so as an apology, father finally comply to my wishes. Beside those two things that I ask from my father, it can filled in my crazy amount of free time back home. And so, some months after that now there's an indoor rock climbing wall and half-court basketball field at Ironwoods Manor.

Father only said to me "Use it good and don't make me regret that I built one". I nodded my head as a way of saying that I will do what he said. Several weeks later, mom called two instructors for each of those sport activities. Every two weeks alternately, my schedule filled with learning how to climb a wall and learning how to play basketball.

Those two instructors shape me and train me how to be excellent in those fields. Until one day, I told my wall climbing instructor that I want to climb the wall without the safety rope that she always aid me with. My instructor said I should be careful and she prepared a mattress just in case I lost my gripping on the wall.

Slowly I climbed up the wall with my instructor pointing where I should place my foot and hands every now and then. I almost reach the top when I lost both of my footing. Instantly I grab the rocks with both of my hands. From down below my instructor asked me if I'm alright, I nodded my head. My hands are aching and sweating but I pushed it through.

I hanged on the rocks for a moment, lifted myself up and then place my footing again. After I reached the top of the wall, my instructor ask me to come back down slowly. When I reached the ground, she smacked my arms. "What is that for?"I ask her. "That's for scaring the life out of me"she told me.

I only grinned at her. "I mean I know I am safe with you, when you so often point out where should my hands and feet are so I have zero worry that I fall"I stated to her then shove her playfully. "Well, yes. You do not have to worry a thing about that. But if something happened to you while training with me, it is the end of the line for me"She shakes her head at my behavior.
Stats :
Sta - 6 | Ev - 5 | Str - 7 | Wis - 5 | ArcPow - 5 | Acc - 7
Word Count : 455
Last edited by Cassandra Ironwoods on 20 Jul 2020, 13:13, edited 2 times in total.

sta • 10 | eva • 10 | str • 10
FROM ASHES WE RISE
wis • 8 | arc • 8 | acc • 10
⠀⠀⠀Phoenix C Ironwoods
⠀⠀⠀E N C Y C L O P E D I A
⠀⠀⠀Verona C Andréas
PA | OS | PM Y3
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS
ability | PM Y5 | ability
17 Jul 2020, 05:03
Encyclopedia Link: HERE

Year 3 Special Ability: Comprehend Languages (Mermish)
Reducio
English was the only language in Andrew's Muggle household. Although his half-Filipino mother was fluent in Tagalog, she never bothered to teach it to him and his siblings. Human languages, Andrew never felt incentive or interest to learn about, back when he was still a "Muggle". Perhaps that indifference had to do with him being a wizard all along. Never destined to learn about Muggle languages, but magical ones. Indeed, Andrew's very first wand at Ollivanders was made of applewood, commonly paired with those gifted in magical linguistics. If this skill was already innate in Andrew, like a seed planted at birth, his wand wood was an enhancement, providing the fertilizer by which his exposure to the wizarding world, like water and sunlight, heightened his interest and accelerated his rate of learning magical languages.

His first night at Hogwarts, Andrew's eyes became fixated on the creatures of the Black Lake, through the windows of the Slytherin Common Room. Fascinated by the Merpeople colony that lived in the Black Lake, Andrew began researching about them, particularly within the writings of Dylan Marwood, and soon delved into learning about their language. The daydreaming notion of him becoming fluent in Mermish took himself by surprise. At the threshold of opportunity, Andrew hesitated with doubt. Learning about Mermish was one thing, but learning how to speak it? He had never tackled another language before. He had no credentials to prove he was capable of mastering such a tricky language. Was there even a point in trying? He knew he couldn't do this on his own. He needed someone who knew Mermish, to help facilitate his progress. But what if they didn't think he was worthy enough?

It was nerve-wracking, when Andrew finally gathered up his courage, approaching Professor Zahid with the request to learn how to speak Mermish. Much to the first year's pleasant surprise, Zahid did not turn him away. With his new mentor to guide him, Andrew's determination set the pace for the intensity of his lessons, which he had plenty of time to devote to, not being tied down to any other extracurricular activities. He aimed to self-teach as much as possible, turning to Zahid whenever the professor had spare time, and picked up the language rather quickly, both spoken and written word.

Now a third year, Andrew considers himself "decent" in Mermish, able to hold a conversation, though hypercritically, it's still an ongoing process, as fluency on par with native speakers would take many more years to perfect. He doesn't boast this ability often, for fear of hurting people's ears, as above water, it's not a very pretty language; and practicing on another Merperson is a very rare occasion. Emboldened by his knowledge of Merpeople, Care of Magical Creatures has since become Andrew's favorite subject, where he looks forward to learning about many more magical creatures.

Word Count: 476
Permission given by @Zahid al-Benghazi ibn Masoud to be mentioned as Andrew's Mermish teacher for this application. Thank you, Professor! ^^

Player Stats: Stamina: 7 | Evasion: 8 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 15 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 6
Last edited by Andrew Vance on 23 Jul 2020, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
17 Jul 2020, 13:44
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=5679
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature
Describe why this fits your character:

From the beginning, Dan knew he was cute. Everyone in his hometown of Dingle always said "Aww, what a cute little boy!" whenever he went out. Dan had always been the cute clever one in his group of mates. And, it honestly made sense. Everything about him was cute.
From his adorable, messy hair, his deep emerald eyes, his cute little nose, his irresistible smile, his small body with deft, light fingers, his quick legs, and adorable, perfectly maintained bare feet, with small, perfectly manicured bare toes, Dan was the picture of irresistible cuteness.

That wasn't to say it didn't have drawbacks. One look at Dan was enough to make most people want to tickle him to hear his laughter. God knows his parents did. A lot. And of course, that was cute too. His father would always headlock his ankles and tickle his feet, which always made Dan erupt into peals of adorable laughter. But Dan didn't mind.

But, when he thought about it, he began to realize... People who caught him doing something less than rule abiding very rarely did anything about it. When he stole stuff from teachers, they always said for him to just put them back, and then said or did nothing about it. People swooned whenever he flicked his hair, and he'd caught people -both in Dingle and in Hogwarts- checking him out as he walked past, and staring at his feet dozens of times, especially when his soles were showing. Staring for far longer than one would expect for a 'Wow, why is he barefooted?' reaction. Before, Dan just thought it was his silver tongue, and the people checking him out and staring at his feet were just weird. But, as he began noticing other cute boys, he began drawing parallels. He found that, while his silver tongue was definitely part of it, he began to notice that his looks were also quite a deciding factor.

Dan had to take a few days to think this over. At the core of things, nothing much had changed. But now that he was aware of the effects his looks had on other people, there were a good number of things he could do. He wasn't going to become a manipulative evil villain or anything, but he could probably use this to his advantage. The cutest Slytherin in Hogwarts was not afraid to use his cuteness if the need or opportunity arose.
Word Count 406
18 Jul 2020, 23:43
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11940
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Parselmouth

Reducio
It seemed as though Eyre had a pretty average family, for someone of his supposed bloodline. Two emotionally-distant parents, a gaggle of older sisters, and a rich lifestyle living in the outskirts of Bilbrook. You'd think that this would be a simple explanation as to why he was a Parselmouth, but instead it was something a lot more complicated that had to do with another facet of his life that Eyre, himself, had no idea even existed.

Firstly, Eyre wasn't actually a pureblood at all. In fact, he was a half-blood.

He was adopted.

His adoptive mother, Camilla Reeves, had been desperate to have a male heir, after giving birth to 5 daughters and failing to conceive any more children for 7 years. There were rumors of threats floating around, directed at her daughter Rhea that would inherit the heirhood in the event that she could not give her a baby brother. Camilla refused to have her daughter fall prey to the purists in her husband's family, and decided that she would do all that was necessary to keep that from happening.

Her search for a means to have a child came in an unexpected place. In fact, it came in the sitting room of the Knox family. This is where Camilla would meet with Eve Knox, and her 20 year old daughter Daphne, who had learned that she was pregnant with a baby boy, the result of a secret relationship between her and a muggle.

In order to eradicate the 'problem' from potentially spoiling their bloodline and knowing how desperate Camilla was to have a child, Eve Knox proposed that they would give Camilla the baby in an under-the-table operation. No one would know that the child was not the Reeves family's biological child, therefore ridding both of them of their problem.

Camilla agreed, and with the help of her husband Ivan Reeves and the Knox family, they carefully orchestrated Camilla's 'pregnancy' under the noses of not only the Reeves children, but also their social circle and extended families. On December 18th, 2007, Eyre Reeves was born, and the reputation of both households had been saved.

Although Camilla and Ivan Reeves had thought that they had scrubbed clean the true origin of their son, they seemed to forget that the Knox blood still ran through his veins. This seems like it wouldn't be a problem, but the Knox Family had quite the nefarious reputation. They'd acquired their social status back in the day when Rudolph Knox, Eyre's biological great grandfather, threw elaborate parties in their manor where he'd show off his prized reptiles. The centerpiece of his parties was Lily, a beautiful yellow burmese python that Rudolph had trained. Accusations about Rudolph being a Parselmouth arose after Lily was found in the house of one of Rudolph's enemies trying to chomp him in his sleep, which caused outsiders to speculate that they might've been descendants of Salazar Slytherin, and proud of it. [Mod note: but this is just a rumour and not in fact the case or true in any way]

By the time that Eyre was 5 years old, Camilla and Ivan were starting to become worried that their investment had been a scam, since it seemed as though he was not magical, and decided that he could take care of the family pets as a job. They figured that it was a good move because not only did he love animals, but also it was a contingency plan in the event that he could not prove his ability.

Out of all of the animals, Eyre thought that Rhea's snake was the most fascinating. It was a small milk snake, and he had the most fun handling him and having him slither all over him. One day, Camilla was checking in the room to see if Margot's cat was inside, as the little ginger cat seemed to be lost, and to her horror she discovered her son speaking in Parselmouth to the snake as he fed it a mouse. Unbeknownst to her, Eyre was pleading with the little thing to tell him before he ate the live animal, and the snake promised him that he would.

Camilla was unsure of what to do, and cast a hasty memory charm onto her child to make him forget his memories of talking to the snake, before quickly whisking him away. To prevent further conversations, she put the care of the snake into Rhea's hands. While Eyre was growing up, he would always wonder why he wasn't allowed to see or take care of the snake that he remembered spending time with for a little while. Little did he know, it was just another secret that his parents were keeping from him.
Stats:
STAMINA: 5
EVASION: 6
STRENGTH: 7
WISDOM: 7
ARCANE POWER: 5
ACCURACY: 5

Total: 35
WC: 772
Note: I'm also pending backstory changes changes for my encyclopedia page on Index (for the adoption story), as well, since my deadline for this app is next week. :-) I'll also be receiving a blood status change, once the story is approved.

one morning this sadness will fossilize and i will forget how to cry. ☆

STA: 5 | EV: 6 | STR: 7 | WIS: 7 | ARC: 5 | ACC: 5

STAMINA: 5 | EVASION: 6 | STRENGTH: 7 | WISDOM: 7 | ARCANE POWER: 5 | ACCURACY: 5
23 Jul 2020, 10:53
Link to your encyclopedia thread | Here!

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for | Charmer

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it) |
Jonathan had always loved Dealla. It was hard not to, of course, seeing as she was his daughter, but there was more to it. It was more than just seeing this tiny person grow up into a girl that resembled Alexandra so much that he sometimes had to blink and look twice to make sure that he hadn’t been teleported back to when he’d seen her the first time in the Hogwarts Express when she’d been 11 years old, but had his free spirit and wild laughter. There was something in her that was neither Alexandra’s nor his, something that had nothing to do with genes or the way they’d raised her, a spark in her brilliant blue eyes that was uniquely her own. Dee was vibrant, and he’d always thought that anyone would be hard-pressed not to be charmed by her. It had proven true, too, although it didn’t mean he couldn’t be absolutely at his wits’ end with her at the same time.

Alexandra had always been told that she had unending patience, that she was so calm it was almost scary, unreal, in a way. She’d believed it, too - she could probably count the occasions where she had lost her temper in her life on one hand, once being when she had accidentally set Jonathan on fire on their first meeting. Well. Not entirely on accident, but it hadn’t been him she’d been aiming for. But anyway - all of that had been before they had raised this lovable, exasperating little monster into the world.
It had always been obvious that she’d have to be the strict parent, because she’d known before Dealla had been born that Jonathan would be the instigator behind half of the mischief their child would come up with, but Dealla had learned, and learned fast.
But through all of it, everyone, even Alexandra, was drawn in by Dealla’s smile, her infectious laughter, her endless energy - even when she had to grab her by the scruff of her neck to keep her from causing trouble.

Elisabeth Loran did not have a natural, genetic predisposition for loving the child that was sitting in front of her, arms crossed, head turned stubbornly to one side. Dealla was one of the difficult ones - the ones that didn’t sit still, didn’t take well to criticism, talked back and caused trouble. She was headstrong, and stubborn, and by all usual rules, she should be one of the students that Elisabeth dreaded, that she just couldn’t make herself like.
Somehow, no matter how hard she made Elisabeth’s life, she wasn’t.
Dealla looked up, meeting her gaze with wide blue eyes, genuine concern visible in them. Maybe that was the problem, Elisabeth thought, those incredibly expressive, sincere eyes. You could read every single one of the girl’s emotions in them, and malice wasn’t among them. It made it impossible not to be charmed by her.
“I didn’t mean to make her cry,” Dealla said, sounding genuinely upset. “I just thought she’d like to know where she made mistakes. Isn’t it better to tell people when they’re wrong so they can learn from it? Isn’t it much worse to make the same mistakes again in the future?”
Elisabeth stared at her, helpless. What Dealla had said wasn’t wrong, per se, but it was still not right.
“Are you going to tell my parents?” Dealla’s voice was pleading, her unique eyes imploring, and Elisabeth felt her defenses crumble.
“No,” she sighed, and waved her off with one hand. “Just promise to leave the teaching to me in the future, alright?”
The girl brightened up as if someone had lit a light inside of her, gifting Elisabeth with a brilliant smile that she couldn’t help but return. “Thank you, Mrs Loran!” She jumped to her feet, neverending energy apparently returned to her - and hesitated. “But what if…”
Go!

Hannah would swear she hadn’t even liked Dee in the beginning. The girl had too much energy, was irritatingly loud in class, and still managed to be in the teacher’s good graces. It was vexing, that’s what it was. But Hannah had been the weird new kid, transferred to this school in the middle of the year because her family had moved to Whitehaven, so when Dee had skipped over to her table one lunch break with no warning and no reason, and asked if she wanted to join them in playing Cops and Robbers, Hannah hadn’t exactly been in a position to say no. She’d been captured within the first five minutes, but Dee had staged a very dramatic and very narrow jail-break for her. It had been the happiest half hour she’d had since moving to the small town on the English coast.
To Hannah, it seemed that Dee was always in the center of things. She hadn’t quite decided yet if it was because Dee gravitated towards excitement, or if the attention just gravitated towards her, but whenever something was going on, Dee was sure to be a part of it. But it wasn’t that she was hogging the spotlight, that she wasn’t willing to share, no. She was just always in it.
While Hannah was always more at the fringes of things, tagging along, there were the times when Dee just randomly decided to step out, take her hand, and pull her with her into the center - made sure she felt welcome there. It felt like Dee was sharing her light, her neverending positivity and optimism, and it made her want to be around the blue-eyed girl.
(She was still extraordinarily annoying in class, though.)
Word Count | 955

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
Sta:7 | Ev:15 | Str:3 | Wis:14 | Arc:8 | Ac:16Evasive Maneuvers | Charmer | Perfectionist II | Spell Spread----------------
HC: #004064
23 Jul 2020, 23:21
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f ... 91#p100591
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Wandless Magic
Snap.
Snap.
Snap.

Caradoc pressed his thumb and middle finger hard against one another, before releasing them both with another snap. His tongue stuck out like a panting dog and both eyes locked on the candle in front of him, any dorm mate that passed him by would have dubbed him crazy. Every night now, Caradoc had decided to set himself by the little desk in the badger dorm. Secluding himself to the corner, only to start staring at a single lit candle for the final two hours of the day. A few of his house mates had questioned him out loud what he had been up to. But Caradoc had not deemed them interesting enough at the time for him to stop his training.

At least they could be content with knowing there was in fact, a purpose to all this. Having sought advice from his charms professor, the Hufflepuff had inquired for any tips regarding a medical career. Several of his tutors had by now picked up about his interest in the field. Especially those he had sought out for advice on the matter. One thing the professor of charms pointed out to him, was that he would need to be quick to act and sometimes even reaching for your wand could prove fatal when seconds mattered.

It was with the professor's suggestion, that the topic of wandless magic came to question. It was certainly not unheard of, however it took quite some skill and practice to get the hang of producing any magic without the treasured aid of a wand. To begin training such a skillset, the professor had advised his student to start small. Quickly demonstrating his own ability by snuffing out the candelabra beside him, and then lighting it just as swiftly.

Henceforth, the Hufflepuff had found nothing better to do than dedicating the last two hours before bed on reading, practising and focusing on extinguishing the flame of a candle. "Extinguo" His voice would whisper with the sound of snapping following soon after. The odd pillow was often thrown at him, another badger telling him to cut it out or practice somewhere else. A young Caradoc would simply ignore them and tell them to mind their own business. Only if anyone came close, he would start breaking out promises he's make it up to them the next day.

This night had been no different from the others. One snap after the other came and went along with an almost continuous stream of whispers, chanting the incantation over and over. "Extinguo" Snap. "Extinguo" Snap. "Extinguo" Snap. Darkness befell the room. Caradoc suddenly sat in a pitch black room with only the sound of a snoring companion in the back of the room. First there was doubt. Perhaps he had blown it out with his breath, or perhaps he had accidentally snuffed it out touching it. Until it slowly started to dawn on him that maybe he had actually managed to do it.

Quickly the boy grabbed his wand and lit the candle carefully. Taking a deep breath and some distance between his mouth and the candle, Caradoc held out his fingers. A moment of silence conquered the room right before the words escaped from under his breath. "Extinguo" Snap.

The darkness engulfed the boy once more, leaving him to jolt right up from his chair. "I DID IT. GUYS, I DID IT. LOOK. LOOK!" Loud cheering could be heard all over the dormroom that night. Sadly Caradoc would realise too late his face might be the only one smiling come morning as he would sit between a group of tired and grumbling badgers.

If you're reading this... You're awesome.
Calming Presence/Healing Sage/Wandless/Non-Verbal

STA - 16 | EVA - 6 | STR - 15 | WIS - 16 | ARC - 8 | ACC - 4
24 Jul 2020, 16:42
Link to your encyclopedia thread: The Beauty
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Evasive Maneuvers

Fights in general were always a thing that Hjørdis avoided, particularly the physical ones. No one wanted to get hurt, of course. Being punched in the face was not fun. However, for her, it was less about the pain and more about the aftermath. It really ruined people's appearance with the bruises, broken bones and potential for scars. Growing up with people constantly watching her made her a little self-conscious about her appearance as it was. Maintaining her beautiful look started to become important. It was hard enough to grow up with premature grey hair and usual worries such as hitting puberty, without sporting a black eye or broken nose.

Unfortunately, twelve year old Hjørdis was not one to enjoy exercising nor did she really have a strategy to stop getting hurt when dragged into a fight. She was not strong and lacked basic stamina to outlast her opponents in a fight. Uagadou was not full of fights nor did it have danger lurking around every corner. However, everyone found themselves in trouble sometimes. With Hjørdis, she usually got in trouble when caught in the middle of committing a prank or sneaking around after dark. She did not cause much trouble - other than her slightly mischievous streak - but it would still somehow find her as she was occasionally dragged into fights. It was either because someone insulted her past her tolerance or they tried to hurt her friend. Either way, there were a few times where the preteens acted first, before they had a chance to really think about it.

Over time, she started to train on her speed, her fancy footwork and her flexibility. That awkward back bend that somehow prevented her from getting punched in the face, even though it would ache a little afterwards or accidentally going into the splits in an attempt to duck and regretting it. She got better over time.

In a fight, people need to either be strong enough to hit harder or faster than the other. For her, she was fast. Young Hjørdis was not the fastest person to exist but she had a knack for protecting what she loved most: herself. To protect herself, she learned the importance of something as simple as dodging the heck out of the way.

Perhaps it was complete luck or a gut instinct that told her danger was approaching. It might have been fast reactions or a self-defense mechanism like survival instincts. Or it could have been related to her sixth sense. But over time, she realised she had a knack for evading at the very last moment.

It all started some time after she had started to learn how important it was to observe people and their every change, she started to get better at this. Noticing her surroundings and what people were doing likely helped her. She would notice their eyes flicker to their wand or their hand tense as it went to clench into a fist. However, whatever the reason was, she quickly found herself sometimes dodging out of the way of an incoming attack right at the very last second. It was as though her body reacted and moved before her brain had even processed the information properly and she found herself able to evade at the very last moment.

Since it was always reactive, there was no guarantee of success. It was not something she could rely on, of course. However, she started finding herself becoming better at evading randomly. Perhaps it was just pure luck. But she believed it was her observation skills that gave her a slight edge over the attackers, giving her even just a few microseconds of a heads up to dodge out of the way. And sometimes, those microseconds were enough to save her from getting pummeled.
Word Count: 634

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance
25 Jul 2020, 00:25
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Remi's Bio
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for:
Perfectionist

When you cast a spell, you take your time doing so. You enunciate your words with care and you do not recklessly swish your wand about. Your spells don't backfire, they don't fail. You're too much of a Perfectionist to let that happen.
To be born in a pure-blood household requires a silly, if not, the unrealistic lens of being the most model wizards from this century. To be living with three older sisters, as they had ideas about being well-known in the wizarding world ever since you were just doing accidental magic. The constant pressure of competition between his siblings, be it on purpose or purely by accident, it's pressure nevertheless. Being young, naive, and undying curiosity about the two worlds; Wizarding and Muggle. Both were two topics that Remi was interested in.

That was till until his sisters ruined the mystery, the secret, the pizzazz of anything interesting of the limited Muggle world, and even the Wizarding when it came to, at least when it came to Ivorian Wizarding lore, his sisters would drone knowingly, and snobbishly, about everything. The lack of freedom and lack of self from his parents as they assumed what he wanted to do and during this time when he was younger, he was very placid about everything. With not even getting to experience a lot of things for his own, but just given to him to just listen to. At a young age, even Remi knew this wasn't enjoyable in any way.

Until he went to England.

From his father's and mother's work, more for his mom as she now works for the Ministry, which had them moved long-term from Ivory Coast due to Muggle events. But that wasn't important, at least for Remi's cause, since he was going to Europe to stay! Though... He couldn't remember his time in Ivory Coast, just the constant stories, tales, and facts about the creatures that originate from the West African region to the point he could, in theory, was knowing-able enough to seem like he was born there.

But being in England, there was a chance that he could learn at his speed and eventually, once given the letter from Hogwarts and being the only person in his family to have an education at this magic school as well as having a wand! An aspen wand, at that.

Now, why would Remi's pampered and guided background? Well, before heading to Hogwarts and after getting his wand, at home, he started practicing. His practice entailed playing with a said wand, doing mock-spells, mainly on his 3rd oldest sister, as he loved the idea of duels that he has read some books about the matter. Soon, his love of spells, his only and favorite wand that he keeps near him constantly. Sure, he was only human, an inpatient adolescent, and he would have times he couldn't wait to get the chance to do magic in Hogwarts and wasn't Remi's only sole activity he liked doing but this was a start for him, a growing passion of spell-craft and wanting to do everything related to it with pin-point accuracy. If it was hard, he was going to put all of his efforts into trying his hardest to not slack on spells. Be it Charms, Hexes, Jinxes, Transfiguration, Healing Spells, and, of course, Counter-spells.

Will his road be easy? Of course not, but will he get there? Hell yes, no person can stop his journey into learning spells with his wand. Be any opposor is his family, his friends, or his teachers - If they try to stop his learning, he'll find a way to understand his spells in peace and mind. If his parents wanted him to be perfect and wise about every little facet of wizarding lore, he willbe perfect in the form of spell-craft.
WC: 596 words

Speaking Font: Futura | Stamina: 6 - Evasion: 9 - Strength: 1 - Wisdom: 10 - Arcane: 3 - Accuracy: 6 | "First Year Pride."