Register
Sign in
4 Jul 2020, 02:34
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: here

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for:
First Year: Terrible Presence (Already Approved)
Second Year: Lovely Creature
Abilities
Terrible Presence
Reducio
The Neptune family was always regarded as peculiar to the greater Wizarding World when they first arrived in London with a newly built estate and heavy magical presence. Perhaps it wasn't the best type of 'strange'- as most kinds weren't-, focused more on the differences the new pureblood family expressed, such as their seemingly 'exotic' looks, muddled accents filled with both heritage and aristocracy, and regally quiet nature with no real need for showing off. It was as so with the small pool of different family lineages that they kept close ties with for possible alternating matches and general force of numbers- the Moons', the Noir's, the Chou's. It was all the same.

The centuries dragged on with an ear clawing amount of decade changing events and generations over generations of Neptune's clawing over themselves to attain some semblance of normalcy inside the tight hole of the purest of pure. A gleaming look of surprised interest directed toward the family heirs every new level and a tad bit more respect being turned their way. Curiosity was common, shy and begrudging curiosity swivelled around and the spotlight turned on the family tree. For their still strange looks for being such an old pureblooded lineage, their power potential, their general outlook on life.

Yet there was always one thing that gave the family an edge over, gave a bit of a fear factor to aid in their steady rise of power. Something near sinister that seemed to surround the entire line of heirs, alotted over the entirety of the family tree. A spark of baleful light in their greyscale eyes, something about their honey words and easy persuasiveness that forbode terrible news. The swirling shadows would blacken menacingly, the lights would perhaps flicker at times. Near all of the birds and animals not bred and trained by the family would be on guard within minutes.

Astrea was no different. How could she? She was an heir, was a Neptune. Was a Chou. With the same silver tongue and the golden glow of ambition exuding out her very soul. A reserved child she was, made even quieter with years of independence accompanied mostly by tutors and lessons and reminders of the duty she served as the sole child. The sparrows of the fields would still stop singing in her presence. The mischievous children who matched her age that somehow snuck around the brick walls and try to peer through the iron-cast fences would flee when she brushed by from within. And maybe there just might have been something about how her grins seemed to appear, always something near malicious that would spark in her eyes when she exposed the underbelly of emotion that she kept away so carefully. How her lilting voice sent shivers down their spines. It didn't matter that she didn't intend for it, it was still there. It will forever be there.

Of course, she always knew there was something about her. Something about all the residents really, old and new, of GleamGate Manor- that would repel others. The matter was never directly brought up of course- such things were deemed inappropriate for conversation and tainted the seemingly 'pure' vision the family tried to put up- but practice in reigning in emotion was carefully covered and thoroughly taught by the patriarch.

Perhaps it got better and it got worse at the same time as she grew older. Magically-able adults and children of higher rational understanding were less affected than ever and as the years leading up to Hogwarts came up, Astrea felt hopeful. Not a very strong hope or anything- she hadn't had particularly strong feelings for an admittedly unhealthy amount of time, more experiencing emotion in a more closed off, muffled point of view- but the thought was still there. For the first time in her life, she felt hopeful that perhaps she would be able to foster actual relations. Ones that were real, and close and as much the fairytale amount of pure joy to have around as she read in the old storybooks that were littered around the family library.

And yet, her first few days at Hogwarts came with a lingering of hesitancy from the ones around her. Astrea was never sought out for, never specifically singled out for a simple conversation. Others seemed too mindful of their own activities instead of actively including her, and they all avoided her like wildfire. It wasn't completely intentional, not particularly cruel in real intent. More subconscious, if anything.

Because there was always something remarkably off about her. Something suffocatingly oppressive and dark.

Something terrible.
word count: 766

Lovely Creature
Reducio
Astrea was always quite easy on the eyes even as a child, a poster child of mannerly grace. And while it wasn't exactly commented upon even after her first public appearance, the sentiment was there, under wraps. It was only expected for fair looks- her father was quite the charmer as a lad, stoic and handsomely solid, and her mother was the class beauty that broke many a heart in her days. A type of timeless wonder that didn't fade with age. The day they had been married, the sun high in the sky as it warmed beautiful silks against their skin and intensified the taste of fine tea upon their tongue, people had given plastic smiles and wished them well.

Lady Sovann Chou was one of blatant beauty, and it only be good luck if their heir would gain the same. But Astrea had been raised and been overshadowed by the successes of her parents, always three steps trailing behind the locked figures of the shiny visitors that she was required to call mother and father, and hope was fading fast. Her eleventh year came and went. Then her twelfth.

And the summer before her third year had been her saving grace it seemed. Between an endless loop of day in, day out, something about Astrea began to change- the specifics were hard to name, as if a forgotten word just on the tip of your tongue, but it was undeniable. She was always pretty. But now she was just a bit more. And her mother could only watch smugly behind a carefully hidden paper fan as the girl sat through mock meetings at the right hand of her father, all eyes upon the silent ghost of a child with the darkest hair lit in golden sunlight and silver jewellery. She had created this girl- she was not a mother, she did not deserve that title for she was as distant as could be, but she had created this beauty and they would get far in higher life.

Strangely uncommon beauty cropped up often in the Four Bloodlines over the years, coming and going in strains before lying dormant for years- it was quite popular in the Chou's, where appearance and high standing got you further than anything in such a place such as Korea, but in the Neptune line there was a stubbornly standing fear of creating an angelchild- so it wasn't much of a surprise when Astrea drew stares wherever she went. A few heretics would gossip about the possibility of veela blood- perhaps. But no, that was not the case, for the Four Bloodlines were prideful and scorned those who desired elegance so much they were to stoop to inhuman spouses. They had learned their lesson one too many times.

Before mass unification, before the Bloodlines had the ability to connect with allies from all over the world, there was only a select amount of people who would even consider marrying into such an outwardly exotic family like the budding Four Bloodlines- it didn't matter that they had predated many an aristocratic family by centuries, there was an overwhelming amount of racial prejudice that forced them to drift in and out of society's eye. It was a frustrating thing, and even more frustrating to keep just as untouched as they had for decades. Perhaps if the heads of family did have not carried as much pride as they did at the time, they could have succumbed to social stigma against them and married into the British population early on and slowly phased out their foreign features. It would have certainly made things easier, but alas that did not happen. Except for one.

The last person to have been noted with the same loveliness in the Neptune line as our subject III in Four Bloodline history was a foreigner. A pretty European with glassy eyes and dainty feet, they had married into the Neptune family young and desperate. It would have been the greatest blow to the family pride in centuries. Emphasis on the 'would have', for the girl had such fair looks that it was said to have astounded all who saw her. Such beauty and heart and yet such low birth, it had quite literally saved their lives when they had been married into the strange aristocratic family.

A knowledgeable apothecary and a good heart under the protection of even better magical purity, many a family were saved from the clutches of illness by her hand. Travelling around to different towns tirelessly, they were the most selfless person the Four Bloodlines had ever had the pleasure of having under their wing. In between everything, she and her spouse had the luck to birth a single child, a girl with the same otherworldliness of their mother. And their mother's namesake they would be, the second in a line.

Forever nomadic even with the comfortable lifestyle handed on a silver platter, the new mother continued to practice what they loved the most. But the eyes she drew and attentions captured had been her downfall. Taken from under the Neptune's noses and killed in vain, accused of witchcraft and supposedly worshipping the devil, she had died a martyr of irony. To think that within a small community of those blessed with magic, a stranger of lovely looks would have been the one who died on a stake.

Her daughter lived long enough to create a small family of their own, only to perish within their own home of childbirth, leaving behind a brood of half-breed Neptunes. Time went on and yet word of the beauty of mother and daughter lingered on, a tragic fairytale. A wonder that lay dormant for four centuries worth, having learned its bloody lesson and stayed mercifully dormant. Generations passed and yet not a single pureblood Neptune grew to gain such a gift, even as the other 3/4 of the Bloodlines did so in chunks. A few were born with it, but none had continued their lives alongside magic- a slander, they were erased from history. Perhaps a curse, whispers started, their voices thick with accents and grief. Perhaps this was their curse for allowing non-magical blood into their family, or for being so lenient that things had become violent.

Perhaps it was just slander against the family name that the foreign-born Neptune had been so beautiful that they had paid for it in blood, or maybe the woman really was just as ethereal as family textbooks claim. Either way, it did not matter much.

To look beautiful is a gift, they would take whatever was given to them. The consequences were dire but they were inescapable.

You know,

Astrea is a Greek name.

word count: 1104
Edit: Edited out stats!
Last edited by Astrea Soleil Neptune on 5 Jul 2020, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

astrea neptune ...
hogwarts wizardry. duellist.
durmstrang. horntail horde.
4 Jul 2020, 15:51
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Ana Beckett
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Terrible Presence
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio
Anastasia Beckett is a different person when she returns for her third year. Her feminine wardrobe of dresses and skirts and pinks and pastels have been replaced with black leather jackets and torn jeans. Her natural makeup from her first two years has been abandoned in favor of black eye liner and the occasional dark lip. In short, she has gone from a deceivingly pretty and innocent looking little girl to an intimidating and angry teenage girl.

Now, this physical change would be noteworthy, but certainly nothing terrifying if it were not for the change in Anastasia's demeanor and all of the wild rumors swirling around about her and her family. Rumors from the Blossom Ball and her injuries there are still whispered in the hall, ranging tales of a phoenix emerging from the ashes to a sociopath who was involved in kidnapping the Headmaster. This isn't even counting the tales that run wild of her setting students on fire for fun or punching students for mildly annoying her. More importantly and recent though are the rumors about her and her family. Both Mr and Mrs Beckett disappeared mid July and Anastasia stopped writing everyone at that time. The theories range from the family being kidnapped to Russia to Anastasia murdering both of her parents. Ana's complete refusal to even address the rumors certainly doesn't help.

The truth of the matter is Ana is completely and utterly shell shocked from her summer. Everything she thought she knew about her family turned out to be a thin flimsy cover for something terrible. Nothing that she thought mattered is even remotely important to her. She is angry and hurt and confused all the time, and refuses to speak to anyone about it.

While Ana has always been somewhat intimidating, she is flat out terrifying now. Her mischievous smiles and laughs at pranks or snappy rude things she used to say in response to other people's misfortune is gone now. Nobody can remember seeing her smile this year, and she pretty much ignores everyone unless she is exploding at them. She avoids her friends and lashes out at the slightest provocation. However, before, she might laugh and make snarky comments when she snapped at someone. Now, she'll explode at someone and then walk away without a second remark. Absolutely nobody knows what's going on with her, but just about everyone seems to agree that it's nothing good.
WC: 404 words

Long story short, I survived

Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7
5 Jul 2020, 01:38
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Piper LaMotta
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Blindvision

*Note: I am also using this in my Encyclopedia.*

My life is full of secrets; almost my entire family knows that I'm a witch however there are a fair few in the midst who are beautifully oblivious that witches and wizards walk among them. According to Grandpa LaMotta *They simply wouldn't understand.* although that comment always confused me; I never felt it necessary to ask. Therefore it came as no surprise; the day I learned that I am the next Seer in the family; that very few people in the family was privileged to this knowledge.

Every since it became family knowledge; what little bit of family that knew of course; about me being a Seer everyone was very understanding and did well to give me my space and time to adjust as all this newness unfolds within my life. However there was one person; whom at every turn; took great pleasure in 'helping' with my new found abilities. Leo; my older brother; started slow by way of attempting to scare me as he'd jump out of hiding places. Even though he's ten years older than me….he can be very childish sometimes. Then again I was only eight when I found out so maybe he was keeping it childish for me…or at least I can only hope.

Alas, time went on, we all got a bit older and wiser; Leo got a job working along side dad as an Aura at the Ministry. However this never once yielded him in his efforts to help me; it took me a while to realize that he really was just trying to help. Though his help now was no longer jumping out of random hiding places…nope he took it up a notch. One day; while we were all eating breakfast; Leo handed me a blindfold "It's time to build up your abilities up higher; I'm aware that you can sense danger but of course this is with the use of your eyes. I'm curious to find out what would happen if one of your sense's was gone; this summer with your permission you shall be blindfolded." His words stunned not only me but the rest of my family as they listened from around the table while they ate. "Alright sounds like fun."

I put on the blindfold thus submerging myself in complete and utter darkness. Now the first week of summer with me being blindfolded consisted of getting to know the house again and bumping into things. I even ended up sliding down the stairs once; however the longer I wore the blindfold the more I got used to the darkness. Within about two weeks I was walking freely around the house and even outside; my other sense's had heightened a lot. It had gotten to the point where I could hear a hummingbird in flight directly outside my bedroom window while I was in the living room. It had gotten to the point where I could smell mom applying her perfume getting ready for a night out with dad while I was in the horse stable with Chestnut. It had gotten to the point where I could sense an object before actually feeling…it was almost like each object gave off their own small vibrations.

Little did I know it was these vibrations that would soon intensify. The day I decided it was time for me to try riding Chestnut blind; I had been blindfolded all day everyday for two and a half weeks; even though I had an intense headache on this day I was dedicated. It was like I could hear everything; it seemed like from miles away but I knew this had to be wrong. When I got to the horse stables Chestnut greeted me by way of snorting and stomping his hoof…the moment his hoof hit the ground it was like I could feel the entire area around me though it only lasted a moment. However I did note that my headache had disappeared but my hearing still seemed intense. I walked over to Chestnut grabbing a brush "Hey big fella, I know its been a while since I've taken you out for a ride but today's the day." I brushed Chestnut's beautiful coat and mane while speaking to him; he loved being brushed. It didn't take any time at all; soon Chestnut and I were outside all ready for out ride when a certain smell hit my nose "Grandpa LaMotta, what do I owe the pleasure?" He chuckled from my left "Just wanted to see how you were doing with the summer of being blindfolded; but of course you would be bare back on a horse as I come to check on you." I laughed at this flashing him a smirk "I'm doing well, thank you for asking. I was about to take Chestnut here for a much needed run; you want to watch?" "Sure." "Okay you can sit along the posts of the horse paddock."

The horse paddock was huge in it's own right; I'd have to safely say this area is about the size of the Quidditch World Cup Stadium perhaps even bigger than that. Every time I brought Chestnut out for a ride he would always start slow with a trot around the perimeter; some thing I was glad for being bare back. Time seems to be nonexistent when I am one with Chestnut; in almost no time at all, or so it seemed, we were at a dead run. I had always found horseback riding to be exhilarating but being blindfolded brought a whole new experience. I could hear Chestnuts heartbeat and his hooves hitting the ground like a beating drum; oddly enough they beat in the same rhythm. Normally I'd be looking around at all the beautiful scenery my home has to offer; however today I found it easier to focus on the beating like drums from Chestnut.

This level of focus was similar to when I'd meditate; sometimes when I meditate I feel like I'm flying or I might even get random flashes of pictures though they don't make sense right now. However this was different; as the sound of Chestnut's heartbeat and hooves enveloped me in my own world of darkness and drums; the vibrations from Chestnut himself seemed to make the world come alive in a strange sort of dark way. I could feel all the solid objects as we passed them on our run. "Whoa Chestnut…" I gently pulled his mane to a stop sat on his back and began looking around but of course nothing was there anymore. Soon Grandpa LaMotta was at my side "What's wrong?" "Nothing…I think the run is done for now."

Needless to say my ride with Chestnut was over but Grandpa LaMotta being a Muggle loved going to the theatre and watching movies; as we walked back to the house he was telling me about a movie he watched recently. Honestly I wasn't listening all that much and I think he knew that. As the evening drew closer; mom and I were busy making dinner; spaghetti to be exact with homemade noodles. A drop in temperature and the smell of rain outside caught my attention but thought nothing of it; I had grown used to my heightened sense's. It wasn't until we all sat down to dinner that the rain started; a down pour to be exact with thunder and lightening; thus causing a power outage. As the power went out everyone screamed making me take off my blindfold but I couldn't see what everyone was screaming about "What's wrong?" Leo placed his hand on my shoulder "Sis the power went out…its really dark." I arched a brow at him that he clearly couldn't see "Then tell me why I can see almost perfectly?"
WC: 1,292
Stats:

Stamina: 2 + 1 = 3
Evasion: 6
Strength: 3 + 1 = 4
Wisdom: 7 + 2 = 9
ArcPower: 6 + 1 = 7
Accuracy: 6

Seer 2nd year Total = 35

Note: Please do not include 'revelio' in my Stat's update; thank you.
Last edited by Piper LaMotta on 12 Jul 2020, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
5 Jul 2020, 03:21
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Click!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Fearless (1st year)
Reducio
Lizzie was no ordinary child. While most children ran away in fear from clowns, she happily smiled up at them and asked them what their favorite color was. When most children feared the dark, she wasn't affected. Her parents were so sure she'd grow out of it, but as she aged, she only became more unafraid of everything.

Age 5:
Smol Lizzie stared with wide eyes at her teenaged cousin. "Do you know what's under your bed?" he'd suddenly asked her.

"N..o?" she'd replied. Of course, she didn't. Every time she'd tried to crawl under there, her mother had shooed her out and scolded her for getting dirt and dust all over her.

"Do you want to know?"

The redheaded child nodded eagerly. What if it led to Wonderland? Or somewhere that had dragons! And mum didn't want her to go there because she's no fun.

"Alright, listen closely, because I'm only saying this once."

Nodding again, little Lizzie wondered why her cousin sounded so much like her teachers at school. That thought was quickly buried, though, in the sea of her imagination.

"There is a legend," the boy began. "That your ancestors watch-"

"What does ann..sess...terr mean?" Lizzie cut him off, frowning slightly as she tried to pronounce the word in question.

"Uh like your grandpa's grandpa's grandpa and his grandpa. People in your family that were alive before you were. Anyways, don't interrupt me again. The legends say that your ancestors watch over you every single day. It's sorta like Santa Claus, they're always watching you making sure you behave. And when you don't behave, they send a creature down from wherever they are--I'm don't believe in heaven or anything, but if you believe in heaven, Lizzie, then they send a creature down from heaven-- that makes sure you behave. How does it do that? Well..." Slowly, the teenager inched towards the light switch. It was night, so flicking the lights off would give him the effect he was looking for. "Well, these creatures aren't exactly the nicest. You-" He stopped as the little girl interrupted him again.

"What do they do that doesn't make them nice?" Innocent eyes peered up at him. Eyes that believed that everyone was good. The boy hated to be the one to break it to her that not everything is nice.

"I told you not to interrupt me!" He exclaimed, frowning.

"Sowwy."

"Ah, it's okay. These creatures, one may call monsters and they're well known for hiding under your bed and waiting for you to pass by them-" he subtly switched the light off-"so they can grab your ankles, pull you under and have you for DINNER!!" His voice grew louder and louder as he spoke, an eery grin taking over his features. "Because everyone knows misbehaving children are the tastiest."

A screech was heard from the other side of the room. Sobbing soon followed. The boy turned the light back on, expecting to see the redhead as the source of the crying, only to see her three-year-old sister on the ground crying and Lizzie staring up at him with wide eyes. Eyes filled with... excitement?

As he rushed over to comfort the three-year-old, the redhead asked, "Where do these monsters come from? Is there like the north pole but for monsters? Do I have a monster under my bed?" She gasped. "She can be my friend! And then at night when I can't sleep, I just talk to her!"

The boy looked at her, flabbergasted. That was not the reaction he'd expected. She wasn't afraid at all.

Okay, maybe she just isn't afraid of monsters, thought her parents, slightly freaked out about how fearless their child was.

Nope.

The years passed and she wasn't afraid of bugs, spiders, heights, fire, anything. Before she'd learned street safety, she'd cross the street whenever she felt like it because she had no fear that she could be hit by a car. She'd go climb the tallest trees she could find because it was fun and she had no fear that she'd fall. Her younger sister, the one who'd been scared by the very thought of monsters under her bed, grew up to be a huge fan of horror movies, and Lizzie was always roped into watching them with her. The elder girl always spent the entirety of those movies laughing or bored. They didn't scare her. Nothing else scared her, so why would some picture on a screen?

Eventually, her parents stopped questioning it, and just rolled with it. Every child is different, and their's just seemed to be fearless.
WC: 766

stamina: 9 | evasion: 6 | strength: 4 | wisdom: 6 | arcpower: 7 | accuracy: 8
ency | color hex: #140096
6 Jul 2020, 11:58
Link to Encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability Applying for: Poison Mastery
Describe why this fits your character:
WC: 676/400
[Written in RP Form]

Reducio

Breana stared down at the table, her innocent doe eyes were muddied up by the dark circles under them. The light in her bedroom was dim, only showing a hint of the green wallpaper around it. The once cute frogs splattered around it now look as if they're taunting her in a menacing way. The only thing illuminating the room was her table lamp, and the two potions laid out neatly in front of her. It's almost close to midnight, but her mother doesn't care. Usually, the child would've been delighted for such leniency in the house rules, especially considering that it's the last few weeks of summer break. Instead, this night has drowned her with fear.

"Breana." The mother, Eugenia, said sternly. The edges of the Ravenclaw's hand twitched, but she recovered her posture back into a composed position. Her eyes wandered over to her bed for a moment, hoping for the sweet comfort of sleep. "Breana, focus." Eugenia insisted, her tone getting harsher. "It's a simple choice, child. Which one is the Bloodroot Poison?" Her mother clasped her hand unto the little girl's shoulder. Her mother's touches were usually firm but still had a sense of comfort. The latter has dissipated, leaving only the sense of "Do. Not. Fail me."

Her eyes quickly turned back to the potions. Breana's mind raced through the potion and poison books her mother had her read. The only other potion that she knew would be the decoy between the two was the Dizziness Draught. Maybe it was because she's getting burnt out from this pseudo-exam her mother thrust towards her, but for some reason, both of them looked almost identical. Dizziness Draught was supposed to be white-green, whilst Bloodroot Poison is supposed to be pure white, almost transparent. Unfortunate perk of her mother being a potion-brewing expert.

With her hands quivering, she slowly picked up the vial to her right. It was slightly more transparent than the other, so hopefully, her eyes didn't falter with the deduction. Eugenia stared at her daughter's choice for a moment, crossing her arms. "Final choice?" She asked, her rigid tone never wavering. The tired girl nodded, hoping that the last of the potions she guessed was correct. For a moment, Breana saw her mother's expression soften. It was a mere moment, as her rigid tone came to haunt the girl with a daunting request.

"Drink it."

Breana's eyes widened. Drink the vial? This could go either way. Either she chose wrong and would only get dizziness, or she chose right and suffer internal bleeding whilst trying to sleep. "I..." Breana spoke in a hushed tone. "You what, Breana?" Eugenia retorted, giving her a cold sneer. The girl shrunk back and looked at the vial, it's harrowing glow taunting her as much as her wallpaper. The sound of the clock ticking on her mother's watch getting louder and louder as she stared at the potion.

"Breana, NO!" Her father, William, cried as he opened the door. The shock of her father's shout made the freckled child drop the potion to the ground, the liquid fizzling out its smoke as it hit the carpeted floor. For a moment, there's the initial shock that washed over Breana's face. She then looked up at her father, her eyes beaming with relief despite her negative expression. The man rushed over to her daughter, his hands on her shoulder. "Breana, baby... Go change and head to bed, yeah?" William uttered softly, a forced smile curling through his lips.

He let out an exhausted sigh, standing up properly to turn to his wife. "Gene... Living room. NOW." He said towards Eugenia, in such a tone Breana never heard from him before. What's happening in front of her, she can't say for sure. The little bird has never seen her father this angry. As the two adults went away from Breana's bedroom, the girl staggered over to her bed, closing her eyes and ignoring the tears falling from her face. The loud echoes of her parents' shouting envelope her mind as she tried to drift to sleep...

Last edited by Breana Oliveire on 7 Jul 2020, 14:27, edited 2 times in total.

BB Color Code: #222f5b
Stamina 6 | Evasion 5 | Strength 3 | Wisdom 10 | Arc Power 7 | Accuracy 9
6 Jul 2020, 13:09
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Cat's Grace
Statistics: Stamina: 6, Evasion: 7, Strength: 5 Wisdom: 7, Arcane Power: 5, Accuracy: 5 (Human)
'Watching from the shadows'? That was something Elodie had done since she was nine years old. It was then she had moved in with her father, José Antonio Gutiérrez. A sly, mysterious man, Elodie has never been quite sure who he truly was, and has feared her father since her arrival. She avoided him whenever she could, listening carefully for the tell-tale signs of a door creaking open, or footsteps thudding on wooden floor panels. At these sounds, she would rush to her room, making sure to go as quietly as she could. It was a coward's life, to be sure, but a safer life at that.

But, as Elodie grew, so did her curiosity. Despite her fears, there was also a stronger feeling to know who her father was. She could no longer run away from the man, and yet she was still too scared to approach him. And so that was how Elodie learnt to creep. She learnt which panels creaked, and how to place your foot on the carpet in a way that would make the least noise. She taught herself all the possible locations in the house where she could hide, and would place her ear onto the keyhole so to hear best. In this, Elodie could learn more about her father, what type of a man he was. José Antonio remained a fearful person to Elodie, but was no longer as mysterious as he had once been.

First Year at Hogwarts allowed Elodie to further develop her skills. While she was becoming better at coming out of her shell, Elodie was still quiet and withdrawn. Even at the end of the year, Elodie still felt overwhelmed by the sheer size of the place. As she had always done, Elodie coped by keeping her head down, sticking to the side of the corridors, and learning how to sneak past unnoticed. This allowed Elodie to avoid strangers, especially adults, of whom she felt a particularly strong fear towards. She has always been very socially aware, and can read people with remarkable accuracy, but is at the same time quiet and withdrawn. She fears strangers, but at the same time can read them like a book. Elodie's childhood with a mysterious, slightly fearful, father allowed her to develop her sneaking skills, and her time at Hogwarts allowed her to develop her social skills, letting her read people incredibly well. She was perhaps born with agility and quietness, but it was the events and characters that surround Elodie that allowed her to develop and build her skills.
Word Count: 428
Last edited by Elodie Nyangui on 7 Jul 2020, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.

"𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐦𝐬, 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞"
Elodie Nyangui | #B8860B
STA - 6, EVA - 9, STR - 5, WIS - 7, ARC - 6, ACC - 7
6 Jul 2020, 14:45
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Link
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature
The Ryan children were not like other children, but was there really any template for the 'normal' child? Particularly in the wizarding world? True they had unusual upbringings, not many children could say they'd spent a great deal of time around Dementors. In fact there were not many Witches or Wizards who could say that. While their time around the beings seemed to have had an adverse effect on the developement of his sister, it had not done so for Geoffrey.

However as the years passed there was obvious differences in the children. Geoffrey caught the attention of all around him & the youth enjoyed it. He possessed a natural talent for percieving the subtle body languages of people. No matter what the youth was doing people seemed drawn to him. Perhaps it was the Veela charm, a byproduct of the family secret they so closely guarded. Maybe it was his noble features & his sense of fashion.

Even Geoffrey had noted that people seemed drawn to him, as if by some unforeseen force. This was not always for the best but the child learned to adapt & use this talent to his advantage. By the time he'd finished his First Year of Hogwarts he'd had a reputation for a disregard for the rules & demonstrated a talent for evoking that same disregard among his peers. Fortunately before he'd been able to get himself or his House into too much trouble, the youth had been pulled out of school on 'important family matters.'

He was sure there would be a decent amount of rumors regarding his departure, wondering if his sister had started any around the matter. The true reasoning for his departure? Geoffrey lacked the same fortitude of his peers, you see Male Part-Veela's are not common. Geoffrey's reasoning & experiences made him believe it was a consequence of his mixed lineage. Not that he was overtly concerned with his physical capbilities. From what he'd witnessed & read the best way one could overcome their own short comings was by utilizing others.

Because of this Geoffrey did not disdain what he truly was, in fact he believed it empowered him. He'd heard & even read about the suppossed capabilities of those with similar 'conditions' as his own. While he didn't possess blonde hair, his hair was as black as the night sky. His eyes a magnificiently deep blue, fair skin & a smile that could charm a devil. Geoffrey Ryan was by all accounts a truly Lovely Creature.
(RP Word Count)

Stamina-4 Evasion-5 Strength-3 Wisdom-10 Arcane Power-7 Accuracy-6 Traits; Part-Veela & Lovely Creature
6 Jul 2020, 14:54
Link to your encyclopedia thread: *click*
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature
Reducio
Puberty is treating him well. Growing up the boy had always been blessed with nice genes, giving him an appearance that was quite pleasing to look at without seeming too overbearing. Alan had always something that would catch people's eye, draw their gazes too him and just made them wonder in curiosity. A lot of it had to do with his inheritance of certain genes that were brought by the ancestors of his maternal side; his metamorph abilities. Alan was never one to use them consciously as he was too worried about the reactions and distaste others had for such abnormal things like changing one's appearance at will. Some might even be scared or creeped out and Alan could hardly judge them for that. But ever so often things were out of his control or so it seemed. His eyes would light up in glee when he was happy, giving them a bright green hue or would darken to a deep forest green when upset. These were the two most common changes, matched with tint of his hair that would change on occasion if the young metamorph was in a particular emotional state.

This of course would catch the sight more so than anything else. While the changes were small and not as obvious as one might think, they were still there. Small changes of hue and shape, perhaps of form even. This would play a trick on the brains of onlookers. It must not be obvious and could be a quick oversight, one of many impressions the human mind had to deal with per second, but it certainly would riddle the mind as it would try to capture it in the moment. Has it been imagination? Was it a trick of light? Who knew, until they actually knew what was behind all of this? But clear was that this was certainly distracting and might give a slight disadvantage to any onlookers focus as they tried to figure out the riddle that was Alan Vanes, tricking peoples mind without actively trying to do so. It was the ultimate combination of good looks and visual changes that a person would find difficult to look away from and while Alan was not aware of all of this, it was certainly still in effect and affecting the people he was interacting with. Perhaps this was not all too bad though, because Alan certainly would not like the attention this could give him; while outgoing and extroverted he did not like to be in the center of attention.
422 Words

"The only thing stronger than fear is curiosity"
Wanna Thread? Message me! || Sta 13 / Ev 20 / Str 2 / Wis 7 / Arc 15 / Acc 14 || Trunk || Font #9e8162 || Believe in yourself
7 Jul 2020, 03:30
Link to your encyclopedia thread:*here*
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature (for the first year)
Reducio
Aurelia didn't look like the others. She realised this from a young age. As others around her started developing acne and growing at weird proportions, Aurelia didn't. She already had beautiful proportions that allowed her to be athletic yet still elegant. Her face was immaculate, and perfect to every aspect. She wasn't too short, or too tall and she had muscle without it being obnoxious. Her beauty was stunning. Striking blue eyes, perfect brown hair with waves towards the ends that didn't need styling, long luscious eyelashes, that didn't need mascara, and freckles spotted over her cheeks and nose that added a little flair to her. She didn't try to be attracting, but it seemed to follow her everywhere.

The bearer of the name which means golden, truly was golden. Boys couldn't get enough of her, which led to her being used for popularity. She felt distrust to boys that only complimented her looks, not her personality. But she couldn't prevent it, they would still follow her around. Aurelia finds it hard to find a boy who she would actually date, she is smart enough to sense the body language and presence of others and to steer clear of the people whose auras made her uneasy. From a very young age, she discovered that people were drawn to her presence and it often hindered her from blending in with the crowd. So Aurelia didn't. She strolls around with confidence, showing off the beauty that she was blessed with.

She tried to live up to her physical beauty as much as she could. She would compliment others, as to make them feel more confident but she enjoyed the attention quite a lot. To her match her looks, Aurelia likes to wear stylish clothes, often inspired by Muggle magazines she buys from the closest muggle town. A nice matching outfit could really make her day.

She began to wonder if she was part Veela, but her parents denied it upfront and it didn't make sense. The Roberts were just plain humans. So why the special genes? No one knows. However, a quick glance at Mr and Ms Roberts would tell that the girl got it from them. Her mother, whose blond hair perfectly curls and whos body is perfectly built for a Quidditch player. Her father, who had stunning brown hair and striking blue eyes like Aurelia. Her brothers were similar, always attracting the girls and she assumed it came from the family. But maybe this golden aura of beauty wasn't always a blessing and Aurelia soon found it to be an annoyance. She always felt watched, and it was indeed hard for people to look away. Sometimes it became such a burden that she had to sneak away to have her peace. But this didn't occur daily and Aurelia learnt to use it to her advantage. She could distract others with ease, a simple eyelash flutter and smile would do. The distraction allowed her to win in games because her opponents can not help themselves to do otherwise. A quick glance and anyone would realize that Aurelia truly is, a lovely creature.

WC: 521 words

STA| 7
EVA | 5
STR | 6
WIS | 8
ARC | 6
ACC | 8
7 Jul 2020, 10:57
Applying for: Perfectionist I
Describe why it fits your character:
Reducio
He had pushed himself to live in this carefree and careless persona as an attempt to mute out the constant praises and undeniable favourability his siblings were getting. It did not require a thorough study or a child therapist to see that growing up with perfect siblings and being constantly compared to them and being belittled would do something to a child’s brain. The results vary but in this case, Hanako found out that it seemed to piss more people off if their attempt at comparing him to his siblings had little to no effect on him. Sure, his default personally helped with getting away with it, but that did not necessarily mean he was okay with it.

Envy was a longtime friend of his he desperately tried to hide from everyone else, especially his siblings. It was easy when he wasn’t known for his modesty as his overly confident nature successfully shielded the world from his truth. That he was genuinely upset that his siblings were getting their approvals, parents attention, and while he was clearly pushed aside as the ‘problematic’ one, or the ‘ unlucky side of the family’. Being trapped in the same room with cats could not even compare to the disgusting feelings he had that came along with his horrid envy. Being well aware his siblings never thought of him as what others perceived him to ever made it sufficiently worse. His thoughts were never mentioned to anyone else but his grandmother ( as usual ) proceeded to try and make him see the bigger picture, subtle reminding him that there is much more than to be ‘ talented’ and the world could praise him for everything he did yet the one whose opinion truly mattered was his. Thus started the short period of his life where his grandmother signed him up for physical classes ranging from elegantly strict ballet to rough football. Alas, he lasted not more than 2 classes due to getting frustrated at his slow progress and storming out of the class. His grandmother feared she had done more damage than good, so she stopped pushing him to find something he won’t quit too quickly.

It was then she decided to teach him about tea ceremonies. A cultural Japanese art that she assumed her grandchild would find boring or slow. This family had grown out of touch with their Japanese heritage after all. But to her surprise, he was genuinely intrigued, quick on his feet to try it out. What would’ve taken a few years to get used to - Hanako had achieved great progress within a few months. Silent, precise, graceful, and restrained. The main and difficult cores to keep in mind during preparing a tea ceremony. They are also descriptions of Hanako Tone that people would’ve died from laughter if they were told that. Of course, he took a while to remember the rules and procedures and such, but there was no denying his skill in carrying them out. He had done so with a tranquil mind that many struggled with when starting out as focusing too much was an easy mistake when proceeding tea ceremonies. Even when your brain had to race to remember the rigid rules and movements, to do them without any pressure on your body movements was a real challenge.

After Hanako’s astonishing precision when it came to the tea ceremonies, more windows seemed to open up as she had noticed more things about him that she would have never even thought about before the tea ceremony. The way he rather takes his time with trimming and gardening than quickly doing it to finish his chores. The way he’d re-do crafting projects because he did minor mistakes. The way he tended to make better-shaped origami despite the time it took for him to take in the instructions. It became clear to her that her grandchild was taking himself too hard and is completely blind to his precision and strengths. But that was for him to figure out as she had helped him plenty. Plus, this was the only thing he would not believe even when it came from her
w/c: 692

707 Defender of Justice once said, " Honesty is a luxury for me. What if I go out of my way to be honest, and something bad happens? " (2016).