Register
Sign in
28 Feb 2020, 16:50
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Flash Holmwood
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Calming Presence
Describe why this fits your character:

Flash was enjoying himself talking with his classmates in the hallways on the way to class. Lately, people tended to follow him around, even if they weren’t meant to be going in the same direction. It seemed they always had something they wanted to share, or say. It was likely due to how much effort Flash put in to being the kind of person others might flock to. Upon first meeting, he was always endlessly polite and accommodating, either offering a helping hand or a flattering compliment. He went through great pains to be relaxed, smiling, and insightful when it came to interacting with his fellow students. He, of course, would never let on how great the pains had been.

Making an acquaintance with Flash was as simple as it could be. He accounted for any personality, was both inobtrusive and pleasantly interested in everyone he talked to. Anyone seeking a bit of guidance or a shoulder to cry on could find no better solution than to talk to Flash. Being around him was always easy, so long as you didn’t question why.

The truth was it was specifically engineered to be that way. His oldest brother Valerius was no longer living in the Holmwood mansion, but all of his books had been left behind. Ars Rhetorica, the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism, Exchange and Power in Social Life… after Flash had left comic books behind, these were his next obsession. The trick to putting everyone around you at ease was simple, as long as one was willing to pull it off. It was about the other person, about making them feel desired and cared for. Supporting them when they needed assurance. Not being a burden or a nuisance.

”It’s thanks to you, Flash.” One of the girls said, drawing Flash’s attention.

She had been talking about a conversation that had gone on a few days ago that he had been present for. She wanted to stand up to a girl who had started treating her differently, to speak her mind, and asked Flash to go with her. He had reassured her that she was right to ask for respect, and that he would be there for her if anything went badly. Luckily, everything had gone off without a hitch, and the two resolved their differences and stopped fighting.

”I didn’t do anything, it was all you.” Flash smiled pleasantly, secretly glad he was being acknowledged.

”I would have been so nervous if you hadn’t been there. When you’re around, I just feel so calm, like things can’t go wrong. I knew you would help me if I needed it. Thank you.” She continued, receiving a few nods of agreement from the gathered group.

”You’re being too kind, but thank you. Anytime. Of course.”
Word Count: 465
Stats:
Stamina: 7
Evasion: 5
Strength: 6
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 3
Accuracy: 6

For we dreamed a lot//And we schemed a lot//And we tried to sing of love before the stage fell apart
Sta: 9 ★Eva: 5 ★Str: 7 ★Wis: 15 ★AP: 3 ★Acc: 15
28 Feb 2020, 18:03
Link to your encyclopedia thread: 
Ruka Tân

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: The Muggle Condition 

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Despite being a Half-blood, Ruka grew up with his Muggle father in a completely non-magical environment, in circumstances that required him to make use of any ordinary object he could possibly find.
Even more so than other Muggleborn children, Ruka had to learn quickly how to use the most random objects in a way that benefits him the most. Growing up on the streets, Ruka had no easy way out of difficult situations; wood needed to be collected to make a fire, a few adjustments to someone‘s abandoned raincoat could make for a decent roof of his latest shelter, an abandoned pair of gloves could just as well be used to keep his feet warm when his shoes became too small or broke - one had to be resourceful to make it through the winter or even just a cold night or rainy day. Things that other people carelessly threw away became like treasure to Ruka in the right situations.
Without any money to buy an easy solution, Ruka had to learn how to be crafty to survive, which went beyond just knowing how to make something out of something else; He learned early on how to utilise bark as a bowl, or even use specific plants to tend to the burns he accumulated over his years of learning his father’s art of the Fire Dance.
Having also been raised as a street performer and fire dancer, Ruka‘s ability with Muggle objects goes beyond pure street smarts and into an entertainment sector that kids his age aren‘t usually exposed to yet. Juggling is something he is able to do with just about any object, and practicing dance routines day in and day out has made him quick on his feet and able to develop a sense for making whatever object he was twirling around into an extension of his arm rather than an accessory. This would make him quite excellent at using Muggle weapons like swords, or even just utilising branches in a fight, even if he is not aware of that since he does not enjoy getting into any sort of physical fight.
Ruka is also quite a gifted pick-pocket - When you are short on food and money at all times, then taking a few coins from a passing stranger was often the only way to make it through the day and night - but he has not used that ability since arriving at Hogwarts; still his first instinct when trying to get something out of someone else’s pocket would be with his fingers rather than by using a wand.

411 Words

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: 

Evasion: 8
Strength: 4
Arcane Power: 6
Accuracy: 7

~Hell is other people~ - Jean Paul Sartre

Stamina: 7 ~ Evasion: 10 ~ Strength: 4 ~ Wisdom: 14 ~ Arcane Power: 6 ~ Accuracy: 9
4 Mar 2020, 18:43
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Components
With Breana's family, hoarding items are a bit of a common occurrence for them. With her mother, Eugenia, it's mostly in the sense of cataloging potion combinations in her youth. Back in her Hogwarts days, you can see on Eugenia's study desk (if you can still see it, that is) is piles and piles of her notes to the point that she won't even use her study desk properly by the end of the school year. Now in her later years, Eugenia's catalogs now consist of delicious kitchen recipes. It's not as large of an amount before, but still a notable pile inside the family kitchen.

As for her father, William, just looking at his current job position is a dead giveaway to the habit. Not only is it a bookshop, it also showcases both new releases, and secondhand books that  have been donated for the shop. With William's case, however, he does have a bit of an absentmindedness to him. When he orders new releases for his bookshop, there would be a high chance of him forgetting that he had already ordered said books in the first place and then he'd unknowingly order up a second batch. He would still keep every book he has come across, which is why the bookshop literally has its shelves made up to the ceiling.

Both of her parents' quirks still trickled down to Breana herself. They still kept her old baby stuff, not for themselves but in case someone that they know would need them in the future (which they did.) When she was a toddler, she thought she'd be a genius if she kept her leftover food in her diapers for safe keeping in the future. Unfortunately it only gave her diaper rashes for two months. For Breana's childhood, she kept things such as her old course books (most of them answered already) in case she'd need a reviewer for such things. Sometimes, she keeps oddities to re-purpose them. Her favorite recycled item she owns is her Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans pencil holder. Then came her reading hobby. Just like her father, she has the tendency to buy the same book twice, maybe even thrice. She would give them away to friends of course, but somehow she'd found another copy of the same book either under her pillow or maybe in weirder places like her window sill. This habit would carry through to her Hogwarts years, seeing stacks of empty vials and a chest filled with odd ingredients for potions.

Word count: 420

Stamina: 4
Evasion: 4
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 9
ArcPower: 6
Accuracy: 9

BB Color Code: #222f5b
Stamina 6 | Evasion 5 | Strength 3 | Wisdom 10 | Arc Power 7 | Accuracy 9
5 Mar 2020, 01:30
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Right Here
Name of Ability: Calming Presence

As a young pure-blood wizard before going to Hogwarts, David was practicing his Quidditch game as he saw other kids were playing a pick-up Quidditch game. He saw one of the kids approaching to him and told him to play Quidditch with them. David was playing a pick-up game with a group of kids. At the start of the game, he was noticing that the opposing kids were being mean to him and talking a big game, full of confidence as if they were ready to beat David's team. The beaters on the opposing team were targeting their bludger attacks on David. David couldn't stand that and was trying to be calm and relaxed before the game. David was now really focused and as the game started.

David's father saw David calming down before the game and noticed that something was up. David finished the pick-up game with a dominating win at the start of 200-0 as the score for the game. The opposing team was in shock and so were his teammates. David got off his broom and went inside his home. His father was sure that something was up for David. David and his father had a long chat about what just happened at the pick-up Quidditch game. David explained the situation at the start of the game.

It was one of those times when his father had to explain to David that he was the one playing Quidditch when he was young. He was even on his house's Quidditch team at the time. So his father knew how to handle the situation regarding other players on the pitch. He knew that it would even help his teammates to stay focus for the duration of the game. David was at the point that he knew. Nothing could end his game with a loss, but when someone from the other team or anyone in general, both on and off the pitch making him mad of making sure that David would reach his boiling point; he would be keeping his composure and keeping himself clam and in a more relaxed state.

David listened to his father for the entirety of the conversation and noticed that David could be calm and could not send him over the edge. It was quite interesting as he just had a glimpse of what he could be like in the future. David could even use this information to become a better player on the pitch and off the pitch. He could even become a better person in general.
Word Count:423
Stats
Evasion: 3
Strength: 5
Arcane Power: 5
Accuracy: 7
5 Mar 2020, 01:55
Link to Encyclopedia Thread: Click Here!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent you are applying for: Keepers Catch
Describe why it fits your character:
Alan had always been picked on back home when he spent his early education in a Muggle school. The boy was often poked fun at based on his appearance and how Alan was the smaller person of his year. Most of the time, the bullies and surrounding people mostly insulted Alan's appearance, name-calling, stealing or vandalising his possessions. On rare occasions, he was physically hurt by the larger children of his year group, mainly due to how he kept to himself or tried to not let the harassment bother him. Alan was raised not to be petty, so whenever trouble came his way, the urge to fight back was quickly exasperated as quickly as the bullying ended. On those exceedingly rare occasions were the bullies in the schoolyard got the better of him he always pondered in his mind how to get back at them but could never act in fear of making things worse for himself until one day during a gym class.

In gym class, the children were tasked to play dodgeball. The children got to pick whoever they wanted on the team, as per usual Alan was chosen last and usually brushed aside by the team who got stuck with him.  So as per usual, the students would make it their job to hurl the balls at Alan, most of the time he could dodge them due to his smaller size and nimble reflexes due to his constant days of having things thrown at him.  When it came time for Alan when he was the last one on his team frustratingly everyone hurled the rubber balls at him, Dodging and weaving from side to side the young lad managed to time and finally catch the large ball thrown his way. Too Alans peers surprise the young lad managed to find the ball first time without a single fumble.

Finally able to take some joy in playing the game for once aside from Dodging. Alan took the opportunity to hurl the large rubber ball back particularly at one of his peers who made it their day job to pick on the young lad.  Most assumed Alan couldn't throw and was surprised to see that not only did he peg the ball at the student he threw it at had very little time to react as the student was too busy hurling insults and belittle the smaller Alans performance.  The ball bounced off the students head, knocking him to the ground. It was a three verse one all the students left tried their hardest to eliminate Alan but with ease and to his own amusement was able to consecutively catch and hurl the ball back leaving the boy a small bit of victory.

This thought of Alans potential to be able to detect and stop shots which led Alan to be picked a little more often as he found talent in catching and hurling back. Eventually being selected by his gym teacher to participate in the muggle school soccer(Football) team where he demonstrated his skills as a keeper. Unfortunately, it lasted so long as his time as a keeper came at a time before he was old enough to start at Hogwarts, Alans Gym Teacher saw some raw talent from such a small boy.
Word count: 544
Stats

Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 10 | Strength: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 5

Stamina: 7 | Evasion: 10 | Strength: 6 | Wisdom: 8 | Arcane Power: 8 | Accuracy: 6
6 Mar 2020, 15:00
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Ability—Charmer
She was a Draig. She had a reputation to uphold.

It shouldn't come as a shock that a young girl of such high standing in society was taught social etiquette since she first learned how to walk. The Draigs were an old bloodline—they did not know anything less than perfect. What they did, they either did exceedingly or not at all, and when it came to common courtesies, they followed a strict code.

The first rule of being a Draig was to always be fine, regardless of one's own circumstances.

Felicity had died giving birth to Natalia. Because of this, Natalia never knew her mother, never felt a kinship towards her, and her sisters hated her for it. Growing up had not been easy in the Draig household—between her sisters' treatment and her father's frequent absence, Natalia had no choice to bear it... and bear it she did.

She was five and Father had asked her why her knees were bruised.

"I danced and fell," she had said. It was partially true. She had been dancing when her sisters pushed her, and she landed on her hands and knees. She couldn't tell him, so she batted her eyes. "I danced so well!"

It took seven seconds for him to let it go.

She was seven and Father had asked her why her cheeks were red.

"I was looking for faeries in the garden," she had said. It was partially true. She had been looking for faeries in the garden, but her sisters had come and mocked her for it—the only faeries that were real would kill her, they had said.  She couldn't tell him, so she did a little bow. "I don't think I want to find faeries any more."

It took five seconds for him to let it go.

She was nine and Father had asked her why her eyes were puffy.

"Alice was making pizza and I cut the onions," she had said. It was slightly less true. She had been eating her own slice, the one Delphine had saved for her, when her sisters came and took it—and she cried, oh she cried, but only for a little while. She'd stopped when her father had come down the steps. She couldn't tell him, so she gave him a laugh, "I realized I didn't like onions on my pizza anyway."

It took three seconds for him to let it go.

She was eleven and her Father asked her why she looked so happy.

"I like being home," she had said. It was a blatant lie. Her brother was gone and her sisters were evil and her favorite aunt was stuck in New Zealand for five more weeks. She hated it. She hated it—and yet she still couldn't tell him, so she smiled, smiled as bright and lovingly as she could, and she tucked a lock of blonde hair behind her ear as a bonus. "I'm happy here."

It took less than a second for him to let it go.

He believed it. He always believed it. Perhaps he was simply that oblivious, or perhaps she was simply that good at lying.

Her charm came in the form of a silver tongue, and she knew how to wield it well.

She was a Draig, after all. She had a reputation to uphold.
WORD COUNT: 558
STAMINA 5 | EVASION 5 | STRENGTH 3 | WISDOM 8 | ARCPOWER 7 | ACCURACY 7 (unchanged)

STAMINA 5 | EVASION 5 | STRENGTH 3 | WISDOM 8 | ARCPOWER 7 | ACCURACY 7
ABILITY: Charmer
10 Mar 2020, 01:11

Link to your encyclopedia thread: Welcome to My Ency.
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Seer

Note: Also using this section in my Encyclopedia

It's my birthday! I love my birthday; with it's cool crisp January breeze's, almost always snow on the ground and best of all a frozen over lake which is perfect for ice skating. All my friends from school came out to the house for an ice skating birthday party; oh how I love all my friends! They are just the best!

Before anyone got here my dad and Leo both was very busy using their wands to put up a large white tent then allowed my mom and grandma in to use their wands to decorate with balloons, confetti poppers, and all sorts of other Muggle decorations. They went a bit over board with the food but hey that's fine; they procured a chocolate waterfall for fondue, lined the tables with candy of all sorts and so much more. Honestly my eyes couldn't keep up with everything I was seeing in this tent.

Next to the frozen over lake dad procured a little skate rental shack with a sign that says 'Free rentals today only' and the one running non other than Leo. He looked so hilarious in his costume mom forced him to wear "Aw don't you look adorable big brother?" He chuckled at me then ruffled my hair "Anything for my little sister…just glad I got home for your birthday. Man that school was intense honestly I didn't think I'd make it through to graduation but I did." I smiled softly at him "I'm glad your back too well I better go feed Chestnut before everyone gets here." While I was in the horse stables feeding the big brown stallion my father got for me a couple of Christmas's ago I heard the voices of my friends. I kissed Chestnut on his nose "See you tomorrow big fella."

I ran out to meet my friends; they all dropped off their gifts to me in the designated area then we all went to go skating. Soon one by one each of us got out on the ice, even our parents joined in on the fun…some skated on their own while others skated in pairs. Me I took joy in skating by myself doing laps around the lake just watching everyone. At times I would go into the mix of my friends playfully lapping them with a small smirk.

During one of the laps around a friend of mine the world around me all of a sudden went into extra slow motion; as if my hearing was amplified I could hear the ice starting to crack directly under Abigail and she didn't know how to swim. Without giving it a second thought I pushed Abigail towards the snow bank watching her fall on her butt in the snow. I could hear people screaming and rushing towards me "Stay back!" With the momentum I used to push Abigail with I had skated right were she once stood; it only took seconds for the ice to give way making me plunge into the freezing water below.

Leo jumped over the skate rental booth when he seen Piper fall in the water and jumped into the water after his sister. Honestly this was reason enough for him to have gone to Durmstrang; now he could withstand freezing cold water like it was nothing. He brought his sister up to the surface where his father waited while his mother and grandmother made everyone stay up on the bank. His father took Piper to the bank to get her breathing then took her into the house to get her warm. Thankfully in the house her father could use magic to warm her up "So tell me what happened sweet pea."

I bit my lip thankful for warm clothes as I tried to figure out the best way to word what happened "Dad…I could feel that something was going to happen and I could hear the ice cracking." He looked at her with an arched brow then nodded softly "When your party is over my sweet one I think you need to have a talk to you mom and grandma." I give him a hug then went back outside with my friends who were all inside the tent worried sick about me; needless to say the ice skating portion of the party was over.

As night began to fall and everyone went home; my family used their magic once more to tear down the remains of my party. Soon all was said and done; all of us was in our most comfy pajama's while Leo and dad talked about Durmstrang together on one side of the living room both drinking something called Fire Whiskey. Mom, grandma and I sitting in front of the fireplace both are teaching me how to play Wizards Chess while talking about Hogwarts. This had become a nightly ritual every since I turned four but now dad actually has someone to talk to and not feel totally left out; poor dad. Anyways tonight I had to talk to them about something "Hey mom…grandma…something happened tonight; dad says I should talk to you both about it." The two women looked at me with almost troubled looks "What is it Vinny?" My mom asked using the nickname she'd dubbed me with a long time ago making me smirk a bit. "Before I fell in the water; I skated around Abigail and when I did…the world slowed down. I could feel that something bad was going to happen and I then I could hear the ice cracking."

They both looked at each other for a moment my grandma giving my mom a gentle nod. I had no idea what their mental conversation was about but I was about to find out because my mom stood with a small smile leaving grandma and I to finish the game. Soon enough mom came back with an old dark brown leather bound book that I could plainly see was in need of some serious repairs; she sat on the couch "Come on over here Piper I have some things to tell you." This of course got the whole families attention as I sat next to mom; with her hands folded on top of the book she told us all about our family history as it applies to mom's side of the family. When she finished she presented me with the book on her lap "Piper my dear this book has been passed down from Seer to Seer in the family; only those with the gift can open it. I have been it's protector for a long time and your grandmother before me; now I am pleased to present it to the next generation." She handed me the book that was now mine; this book is very detailed on the front cover…someone took great care in creating this book.

It wasn't until I got up into my room; which used to be the attic until I claimed it as my room; later that night to go to bed did I open the book as I did I was beyond shocked as a voice came from the book almost like a narrator in a movie. The voice was of a lovely young woman if I had to venture a guess; maybe early 20's speaking in Old English. "Thee possesseth the gift of f're sight, congratulations and welcometh to the family; this booketh shall lief beest did fill with the w'rds and wisdom of se'r's bef're thee but bef're thy ancest'rs toucheth thy heart th're art somethings yond thee needeth to knoweth.  The gift of se'r runs in the family bloodline howev'r t only surfaces within ev'ry third gen'ration to the first b'rn female.  I did create this booketh as a way f'r se'r's succeeding myself to teachest those yond shall beest following those folk ev'rything those gents has't learn'd about their gift, ev'rything yond hast been seen. basically this is a se'r's journal.

as a se'r approaches their lasteth days on earth those gents needeth to appointeth a protecteth'r of the booketh until the next gen'ration is b'rn.  The duties of protecteth'r art as follows; keepeth the booketh enshielf and did protect, keepeth the booketh and ev'rything about being a se'r a secret unless to thy spouse, giveth the booketh to the next se'r in the family, teachest the newest se'r as much as those gents knoweth.  The duties of the appointee art as follows; keepeth the booketh on the moth'r's side of the family (this is our lineage), remindeth those folk of their duties as a protecteth'r, allows assign a backeth up protecteth'r lest.

i desire this booketh provides all the holp, answ'rs and wisdom i believeth 'twill to future gen'rations of se'r's to cometh.  I give you all peace, loveth and happiness."

When she finished speaking I closed the book and laid it on my stomach feeling content and happy; I knew my life would be very different from now on. I was ready for life as a witch but being a Seer on top of it; what exactly does it entail? Since I couldn't sleep anyways I opened the book once more expecting a voice of one of my many ancestor's to seep from the book however that didn't happen; honestly I wasn't sure if I was happy about that or not. Oh well; I suppose the first voice was nothing more than a way of welcoming the new generation of Seer into the family and that was truly splendid in my opinion. As I read the contents of the book I found that the book was more of a journal for each generation of Seer to keep a record of anything that happened to them in their life. Each journal was different as generations go but one thing was very clear and very much the same; the power of Seer seems to grow stronger as one gets older. I closed the book once more and laid it on my bed looking at my ceiling fully realizing how much my life has changed. Was I ready for it? I think so; with my ancestors wisdom written within this book guiding me threw….I can't go wrong.
Even though it is not talked about there is Seer lineage on the father's side as well just not as prominent or as well known in the family as on the mother's side. Even though her dad is Muggle Born he does in fact have a wizard lineage starting with his grandparents and a very distant uncle who had the Seer ability though no one ever knew about it because he kept it to himself.
Also since this is a recessive gene I am hoping that did this correctly as far as the lineage goes. If not please let me know.

THANKS
Reducio

Word Count: 1,698

Stamina: 2
Evasion: 6 
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 7

Seer 1st year Total = 30

Last edited by Piper LaMotta on 10 Apr 2020, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
10 Mar 2020, 02:21
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia link
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: #33, Prodigal Charms Learner

Ross' father had never informed Ross of magic until he got his Hogwarts letter, but his father held a grudge towards magic after Ross' grandpa had been mysteriously killed in a way nobody understood at the time -- neither why nor how. Ross' father blamed magic for the death of his father, but his grandfather left quite a few things behind in the magical school of Hogwarts that Ross had not been aware of. One of these things included a book that contained all of his notes in Charms from Year One to Year Seven.

When Ross came to Hogwarts, he discovered a love of charms the first time he was in the class. In most classes he found himself confuse and bored, but charmwork had something rather interesting about it that simply dragged Ross in. The incantations were interesting to learn, and so was the Etymology of all the spells. When Ross was to cast a spell correctly, he gained a little bit of confidence within himself. Charms class allowed for creativity instead of the strict stirring and added of products, such as Potions. If one was to mess up in nearly any other class, they would find themselves extremely bored or fatally wounded. Ross liked the thrill of having just a hit or miss response, and when the response hit... it absolutely did hit. The affects of spells were always enticing, and they encouraged Ross to keep pushing for more.

While he could not perform magic at home due to the rage of his father, he would certainly end up trying to research as much as he could at Hogwarts. He would try to cram in as much information as he possibly could so he could get it all done before he was forced to go home once more. He tried to cram so much in fact, he would go into the library to look for random spells of sorts. Though he was never able to figure them out completely, he found them quite interesting. One day, he found a rather thin book in the library. This book just happened to be filled with his grandfather's notes on charms classes throughout the years, and contained specific details on how to cast these spells. While Ross did not know it was his grandfather, he certainly was proud to have someone with the last name Stephens writing his favorite subject so well.

he spends more and more of his time studying this notebook, adds to his actual homework with practicing the words, and is excited to try to get ahead in charms
WORD COUNT: 431 WORDS

Evasion: 6
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 6
Arcane Power: 5

Stamina: 7 Evasion: 7 Strength: 5 Wisdom: 6 Arcane Power: 8 Accuracy: 7
13 Mar 2020, 01:07
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=7848
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Prodigal Charms Learner
The Standard Book of Spells is a thickly bound tome authored by Miranda Goshawk, and it is required reading for each first-year student. George paid it no mind when he had picked it up – the title was simple and practical, and attracted no attention next to the more fantastical texts on the reading list. Yet again, he should have listened to his mother. Only a fool judges a book by its cover. Much more appropriate for judgement was the foreword of the text, George had learned.

It is a simple school textbook, a basic spell book intended to make the art of magic a less mysterious process for young wizards and witches. It describes itself as such on the inside of the cover, if you ever opened it for leisure, rather than parting it exactly to the page that the professor calls for in class. George was one of the curious students who prodded into the required reading prior to its requirement. It absorbed him instantly. No – not like that. His textbook was not a carnivorous beast, but it was a thrilling read, mixing base-level theory with explanations so intuitive that even a muggle could manage a good lumos charm by the end of it.

Only a single lesson was needed before the whole theory clicked into place with the application. Concentration, precision, and enunciation. George stayed up late in his bed, hidden under the blanket with the wand-lighting charm guiding his reading as he practiced each of the first chapter’s charms. His classmates would come to him for aid in their lessons, amazed at his ability to perform a perfect levitation charm on the first try. Groups of young Hufflepuffs would crowd around him the night before assignments were due back to the professor, listening to him lecture – to give them the answers would be cheating, but to guide them to it on their own was just being a good Hufflepuff.

George’s true test of skill wouldn’t be keeping up with the class, however. It mattered not that he could light up his wand at the start of a lesson if every other student could do the same by the end of it. He wanted to excel beyond what other wizards could do. Pride drove him to it, partly. A desire to belong among them, to earn his spot at the school and stand out from other muggle-borns who didn’t know which way the business end of their wand was pointed. Combining his natural aptitude with unyielding persistence, he forged ahead, flipping the page and moving onto more advanced charms to practice. He wouldn’t stop studying until he was as good as the older kids.
Word Count: 445
Stamina: 5 / Evasion: 6 / Strength: 3 / Wisdom: 8 / Arcane Power: 7 / Accuracy: 6 (no change)

"outlandishly gay for boys"
Stamina: 10 / Evasion: 12 / Strength: 3 / Wisdom: 13 / Arcane Power: 7 / Accuracy: 12 [color: #632d0b]
13 Mar 2020, 21:42
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here!
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist
Reducio
The Hargroves were a very intelligent family. They were the kind of family that expected their children to get As on all their tests.
All throughout her first school years, Piper was greatly influenced by this family expectation. She did fine in her first years, she got good grades, and fulfilled the family expectations. As things got harder in school, however, he trait of being a perfectionist started kicking in. When trying new things, she had to be good at it, or else she'd walk away before even giving it a chance. She'd go very hard on herself if she got anything that would be counted as an average or low grade. She would only accept high and what would be counted as above-average grades.
Even out of school, Piper pushes to make things the best they possibly can. She checks every detail and makes sure each corner and side of her project is perfect.
Though she's lazy to start projects or study for tests, once she does decide to finally do what she needs to do, she will go out of her way to perfect it.
Even when doing things that people don't even look at, Piper perfects them. She makes every part of her room in line and neat. Another example of this is when she draws. She enjoys sketching, and though she doesn't have the guts to show them to anybody, she perfects them as if everybody will see it.
Piper's grades have a impact on her emotions and life. When upset, she finds happiness and relief in looking at her good grades, however, even the most excellent day can be ruined by a bad grade.
Piper spends countless hours perfecting her grades, spells, and even sometimes what she's going to say to somebody. Being a muggle-born, she wanted to prove herself once she arrived at Hogwarts. Before the school year started, she spent hours studying her books, practicing her wand movements and spells, and read all about wizard history. Once she arrived at Hogwarts, she to upset of frightened when it seemed like she did something wrong. She was very happy when she did something correct, however, and that helped her feel less homesick and sad at Hogwarts.
Her perfectionist personality also affects her relationship with other people, and sometimes she blames somebody for her messing up. When she gets a bad grade, she may blame her partner on that assignment.
Piper is a perfectionist and while she gets mad at people for saying that, deep down, she accepts it. She sometimes says she's not a perfectionist, and doesn't like to identify as one. But anybody who knows her can tell, that Piper Hargrove is a perfectionist.
Word count: 451

Stamina: 6
Evasion: 7
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 7
Accuracy: 5

Mod note: A in Hogwarts means Acceptable, this is the lowest possible passing grade

“Whatever you are, be a good one.”
♡ Piper I. Hargrove ♡
First Year♡ Hufflepuff