Sign in
13 Jan 2020, 13:30
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link To Encyclopedia Page: Ta-Da!
Application: Parselmouth

Explanation RPG:

Reducio
7 years old:
Prim loved the outdoors and everything dirty and nature. She especially loved animals. Animals were her happy place. If she was sad or upset, mad or happy, they understood. At least it seemed that way to Prim. To her the animals were always kinder than reality. Her favorite animals were snakes. Not because of their scaly, slimy skin, or their long slither and piercing eyes, and though she did grow to like those features of the animal, it was because of the fact that her parents hated them. They would always murmur in hushed tones whenever a snake came around, physically or if just in the topic. Something about, Parseltongue and the infamous Lord Voldemort. Prim knew she would have to ask about these things at some point in her life, but for now she would just stick to dirt, snails, and puppies.
8 years old:
2 days after Prim’s older sister Brie got bit by a snake, Prim’s parents ran into their room and shut the door for hours. Of course, the whole time Prim was listening at their door. It was in her nature to be nosy. She sat with her ear to the door listening to her parents argue and argue about whether or not they should tell Prim why they were so freaked out about a little snake bite. Prim was actually incredibly curious about this fact, because the snake was not venomous. Yet the next day Prim was left with a nanny while her parents and Brie went out for hours upon hours. Prim kept asking the nanny why they left, and every single time the nanny would say a Parseltongue test. Now this befuddled Prim because whatever this Parseltongue thing was, she doubted you could get it from a snake bite. But how could Prim know? She didn’t know what Parseltongue was.
9 years old:
‘A curse!’ they said. ‘Something terrible!’ they said. Prim was beginning to become frustrated because even after two years her parents wouldn’t break down and tell Prim what this ‘terrible’ thing was. Prim was done. She had barged into her parents’ room asking them what in the world Parseltongue was. They nervously told her features of Parseltongue and how terrible it was, but their descriptions were just as helpful as watering a flower with molten lava. It was like they were telling her that a mango was orange when ripe. Like that taught her what a mango was! So, she tried again. She walked into their room a little bit more politely this time, then asked them what Parseltongue was. Not the features, but Parseltongue. They shared a nervous glance, sat her down on the bed and told her that her great, great, great, grandfather was a Parseltongue. They said that a Parseltongue is a person who can talk to snakes. Prim was completely confused. To her the idea of being able to talk to snakes was amazing! It made her future seem happy and full of fun times. But her parents immediately told her that Parseltongue is a curse! That Lord Voldemort had Parseltongue and that he killed innocent people with that ability. They said that because their great, great, great, Grandfather Pericles Augustus was a Parseltongue that it was very likely that Prim could have it. Prim only pretended to be sad, but on the inside she was filled with joy. She might be able to talk to snakes!
10 years old:
Prim was out in the backyard playing in the warm, breezy grass. It was a perfect spring day and best of all, all of the animals came out! She ran over to the garden the see her Mum’s new flowers blooming in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. It was like a rainbow but in her own backyard! She slowly sniffed every flower, each with its own unique smell. It really made her think of everything great in her life. When she looked up, she saw a light blue butterfly floating lightly around the treehouse. So, of course she had to chase it! Prim ran all over her backyard chasing this lovely little blue butterfly in hopes to get one good glimpse at it before letting it float up into the shining sky. But out of nowhere she heard her mum’s voice yelling at her from the window telling her to get out of her flowers. Prim immediately looked down a sinking feeling in her heart. Her mum’s row of orange flowers and a bit of the yellow were completely trampled and smashed. She looked back up to the window and when her mum wasn’t there, she knew that her mum must be on her way down. Then in the back of her ear, Prim heard a deep slithering sound behind her. She whirled around terrified as the snake was ready to pounce. “Stop!” she had said her eyes clenched tight. When she turned around, the snake had stopped and was slowly slithering away. Prim then heard a little whimper behind her. Thinking it was a dog she turned around as she said ‘hi!’ but instead was greeted with her mum’s petrified face. “What?” Prim had said. But it was then when it hit her. No snake would ever just slowly slither away from its prey. Was Prim a Parseltongue?
WC: 888

Stats:

Reducio
Stamina: 8
Evasion: 5
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 6
AP: 7
Accuracy: 5

Last edited by Primrose Mcarthy on 14 Jan 2020, 02:48, edited 2 times in total.

You never realize that when you're with your people your inner star is shining
-Josie Burke
13 Jan 2020, 21:46
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Jack Burnett

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Prodigal Charms Learner

Describe why this fits your character:
Jack likes to think of himself as a practical person at heart. Being raised as a muggle by muggle parents didn't shelter him from the truth that everything - especially magic, according to his favorite stories - comes with a price. Thus, he was not one of those muggle-born children who was blinded by magic and all it could do once he discovered he had the talent for it. Instead, he approached his new reality cautiously, looking for the price to be paid with every 'shortcut' that magic offered wizards and witches.

This boy makes a special effort to seem lackadaisical about his studies around his peers in order to keep their guard down around him. Jack believes that knowledge is power, but it is as important to conceal what power one has as it is to accumulate it. He relies on his peers and opponents underestimating him in order to get ahead and succeed where no one else has before. If he isn't the focus of attention, he figures he'll be a less likely target for those looking to tear others down in order to succeed.

However, doing his best while appearing not to care also means he has to work several times harder than other Hogwarts students. This is because he has to work not just to make up for being muggle-born and his lack of knowledge as one, but to get as far ahead of everyone as he can, regardless of their heritage, talent, or year, and to do so in secret. Therefore, most of Jack's actual work is done outside of class and presented to his professors away from his peers' prying eyes. For this reason, he does a great deal of his studying on his own in private.

The Sorting Hat set him on this path by encouraging him as a muggle-born Slytherin to subvert peoples' expectations, just as his favorite types of characters - tricksters - do. Thus, Jack's ultimate ambition is to prove that, in spite of all odds, he can turn others' perspectives of him - and, in turn, everything else they think they know - upside down. In example, a class clown who doesn't seem to take his studies seriously would not be expected to earn the top grades in his year, so that has become one of many goals for Jack.

Undergoing this endeavor, this first-year continues to do what he can to keep his wits sharp and approach his education from a sensible and efficient standpoint. Though he is eager to learn all he can about magic and its drawbacks, he reviewed the curriculums for his first-year classes and determined that charms seemed to be the most useful spells to learn first. Not only were they the most numerous and quickest to learn, but they seemed to have the most practical, day-to-day uses.

Pragmatic as he is, there have been several occasions on which Jack has questioned why the Cleaning Charm was not taught to them before the Dancing Feet Spell. Though he cannot choose the order of the charms that his class is taught, he does revel in the fact that he is able to study outside of class and attempt to learn certain spells ahead of his peers. Since he is careful not to seem like he's on the same level as the rest of the class anyway, working at his own pace outside of class suits him well. By turning in his assignments separately from the rest of the class, little are his fellow students likely to realize Jack is ahead of the rest of them rather than behind.

EDIT: As of 1/19/2020, Jack has more of a reason to have this ability. He told Ruka Tân, a second year,  in this post that he would help the Gryffindor with his studies. This is because Ruka's father (and only parent/guardian figure) passed away last summer and Ruka has been having trouble going about his everyday life, including concentrating on school work. For this reason, Jack wants to try to help him by studying alongside him (though he's a first year and Ruka is a second year) and learning what Ruka learns in class so he can help him with it and they can learn the same things together.

(Word count: 711)

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
  • Stamina: 5
  • Evasion: 7
  • Strength: 3
  • Wisdom: 8
  • Arcane Power: 6
  • Accuracy: 6
Last edited by Jack Burnett on 21 Jan 2020, 17:07, edited 3 times in total.
14 Jan 2020, 06:12
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Encyclopedia Page

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Parselmouth

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):Everyone knew of her twin brother's reputation. Brett was quiet and to himself. His fascination with snakes was a concerning concept to his father, and it cause quiet a lot of bickering between Amy's parents. Her mother was not a Parselmouth, and neither was her father, so how had the oldest of their three children come to develop the trait? One night, when Amy was sleeping, loud, distraught bickering could be heard downstairs and the crash of glass sent her scurrying to her brothers room. Their parents had been arguing for quite some time now, and John suspected it was over the big trip they took a few weeks ago. He was wrong.

"You should have told them! Told me! Not Just Kept it a F*cking Surprise!"  Her father yelled and Amy covered her ears from the loud cussing. What were they talking about? Whatever it was, Amy knew it was something major, and she felt bad on intruding on such an intimate conversation. She grabbed both brothers arms and prepared to head back to their rooms, but it was the voice of her mother that had her frozen in shock.

"I'm sorry" she said with a choked sob. "Amy and Ben have always known you as their father. I didn't want to change that opinion of you. I didn't know they'd possess the trait until Ben started speaking to the class python. And Amy hasn't even shown the trait yet! Their father left after the twins were born how would I have know about the Parseltongue. Please, don't tell them"

And so the secret was out. As if a parent's intuition, her father turned to see the three kids on the stairs. Only one of them belonging to him even though he'd raised the other two since had been born. Sadness filled his eyes and he turned away from them, giving their mother a curt nod before walking into the kitchen. Brett was shaking, and Amy was absolutely confused. So John wasn't her father, and she had "the trait". What trait? She though inwardly as she bid her brothers goodnight before climbing into her bed. Only the passing weeks would tell.

10 years old, fifth grade. The class had went on a field trip to the local Aquarium, and Amy was absolutely ecstatic. Since the big argument and confession, her father had almost completely forgiven their mother, and Brett had went off to live with a family friend, only coming home during the summer and holidays. Her teacher have given her a permission slip to take home the night before, and though a bit wary, her parents signed it. Now as they got on rides and passed every aquatic animal the exhibits had to show, she was practically glowing with joy. But the story of her journey during the field trip is not important, it's what happened after.

That night while Amy packed a bag, her mother had been acting a bit weird. She was saying how Amy was too young to have sleepovers and how she didn't know her friend well enough. Amy simply brushed it off, knowing her parents would still allow her to go. With a final hug goodbye, Amy walked outside to the waiting car and drove off the house where she'd discover just how much of the trait she acquired.

Dala's house was small, but cozy. Three rooms sat upstairs, a small dining room, kitchen and family room took over the downstairs level, and between the master bedroom and guest room was a large bathroom. The ten year old had instantly felt comfortable in such a humble abode, and soon was she sent upstairs to unpack her overnight bad while the parents of her friend prepared dinner.

"let me out please" a whispering voice spoke from behind Amy and she frozen on her task. "please let me out" It said again and this time Amy turned slowly. A loud gasp left her mouth, there, in the corner, a snake in it's cage danced its body slowly back and forth, watching the girl with curious eyes. Dala entered the room, though Amy didn't notice, and she watched in confusion as Amy spoke to her snake in some completely unrecognizable language. To Dala, it sounded like Amy was just hissing, and she laughed and told Amy "Hurry up, dinner's ready and there is no use talking to Slithers, he never talks back when I-" she was cut off when her pet snake actually began hissing back. As if in a trance, Amy and the snake continued to hiss as each other, until the snake gave what looked to be a nod and curled into a sleeping ball.

The girls went downstairs for dinner, and all was silent until the oh so nosey friend said "Amy was talking to Slithers". Silence. Dala's mother dropped her fork, and her father froze, his fork just inches away from his open mouth. They shared a heated gaze, and then cleared their throats, suggesting dinner be finished early and Amy be taken home for the night, saying she could come back next weekend instead. Disappointed, Amy packed her stuff back up and rode silently in the back seat, Dala's parents asking to speak to hers as soon as they arrived at her house. After much time, and when Amy was well on her way to sleep, she heard her parents footsteps and hushed whispers approaching as they passed her room and went into their own.

"What happens if she gains her magic and get's accepted to Hogwarts? Will she learn how to control her Parseltongue?" Her mother asked, her voice filled with worry and hope. Her father's only words of comfort were

"We can only hope", and then they close their door.

Word Count
Reducio

STATS
( Stamina - 5 | Evasion - 5 | Strength - 4| Wisdom - 5 | ArcPower - 6| Accuracy - 5 )
STATUS: Approved under the condition there is NO relation to a canon character.

~Those who don't believe in magic will never find it~
15 Jan 2020, 23:41
Link to Encyclopedia: Katrina's Encyclopedia
Name of Ability: Healing Sage
Describe why it fits your character:
Reducio

Hi, my name is Katrina Walker. I have always had a knack for healing people. And by that, I have a few stories to tell.

When I was in fourth grade in my muggle school something bad happened. My brother Liam was riding his bike from the school bus and I was out walking the neighbor's dog. The sky was overcast and gloomy, and I was slightly on edge. Suddenly a horrible gut-wrenching scream pierced the air. Instead of freezing as most 9 year-olds would, I ran toward the noise. I saw my brother wailing with his bike horribly crashed beside him. His leg was torn and bleeding, and laying at a wrong angle. I immediately jumped into action. I took my sweater from my waist and began to bandage the wound, I had no clue what I was doing, but I was doing it. My heart ached as I listened to his half-conscious crying. As soon as his leg was bandaged,  I carried him to my mom who promptly called 911. He was in the emergency room overnight, but what I did really helped him.

The next year was fifth grade. My best friend Katlyn fell down the stairs to my house. I was at the bottom of the stairs and noticed immediately. Her arm was broken, I knew that instantly. I was able to run to my mom's room and grab the first aid kit. By the time I got back, she was unconscious. I was able to bandage that and call 911 myself. The ambulance came and they were shocked that a 10-year-old was able to wrap it correctly. The doctors said I was able to prevent it from breaking and instead it was just a small fracture. The doctor said I should be a pediatrician and for a while that is what I wanted to do.

Not only was I able to help people close to me. I also excelled in Biology at school. I was top of my class and the only person to Ace all of the tests. No one taught me how to wrap wounds or to give first aid. The knowledge just seemed to come to me when I needed it. No one else I know is able to do that. I also snap into action instead of freeze like other people.

I have never used magic to heal though. I have a feeling that I would be really good at it. I always know just what to say when someone is hurting. I was also a mentor to younger kids and exchange students in muggle school. It's not that I always heal, it is just I know what to do in emergencies.
Link to Encyclopedia: Katrina's Encyclopedia
Name of Ability: Perfectionist
Describe why it fits your character:
Reducio
When people call me a perfectionist, there is no way I could deny it. After all, the time and effort I spend on every single detail of everything I do is enough to make anyone else go insane. But obviously, I'm not normal. I don't shoot for things I know I can't do. When I try to do something, I will succeed. I have to succeed. Everything in my life has to be just so--I mean, it's practically ingrained into my DNA. Both of my parents could be considered perfectionists as well. So, it only makes sense that I'm one too.

Whenever I do something, anything, I have to strive to do it well. I spend extra time in all of my classes. I am that one student that stays up far too late working on something that other people would already consider perfect because it simply doesn't meet my own standards. I often spend too much time working on making my writing 'just right' or working on a sketch until every detail looks exactly the way I want it to. Here at Hogwarts, I always shoot for O's, and as a result of the ridiculous amount of work I put in, I have straight O's across the board.

It's more of a habit, I guess, since my perfectionist-type habit applies to everything I do. When I write letters to people, everything is spelled correctly, the address is neat and readable, and my t's are crossed and i's are dotted. When I cast a spell, my pronunciation is clear, my wand movement is exact, and therefore, the spell is most likely cast perfectly. The extra attention I put in things almost always pays off.

It's more than noticeable, though, not only through what I do but also how I act. For instance, I'm clearly not popular and people hardly know me. My skills on a broom has a huge margin for improvement. My social situations are usually awkward and painful.

Although being an absolute perfectionist might seem like a characteristic I've possessed from birth, it wasn't always so. In Muggle school, I was an example student, earning consistent A's and B's. But when I was in 5th grade, I completely failed a test. My math grade dropped all the way to a C as a result. I was unimaginably mad and after trashing my room, cried myself to sleep. My younger brother, Liam, was my life saver. He came in and let me vent to him for two hours. Afterwards, he helped me study for the next math tests, ever understanding and comforting. Once my grade finally rose back up to a reasonable grade in my eyes, I couldn't stand messing anything up. I couldn't get anything wrong. As a result of my new conviction, my entire lifestyle changed. A lot of time I had previously spent on social activities went towards reading and studying. My hard work evidently paid off, as my grades all sky-rocketed as a result. When I came to Hogwarts, my work ethic improved and pushed me further. Now, I spend all of my time preparing and doing homework. It feels amazing to have all my work pay off.

I don't mind that I spent a lot of time working. I find a lot of joy getting 100% on papers. The excitement I have when a passed out test has a large O on it is what I live for. Now, being a perfectionist is what I am. It is everything I am. I just love things being perfect.
List of Stats:
Stamina: 6
Evasion: 8
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 9
Arcane Power: 9

>Stats: Sta 9, Evas 8, Str 3, Wis 11, ArcP 9, Acc 6<
>Healing Sage | Perfectionist | Charmer || Leader of SHC| Owner of The Kat Shop<
19 Jan 2020, 21:29
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Heyo!

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Keeper's Catch

Fitting Description:

Lycan was born to a pure-blood mother and father making him a pure-blood as well. His father and mother were both on their Quidditch teams during their years at Hogwarts. So naturally when Lycan was old enough to walk and stand on his own his parents were always outside playing Quidditch with him. He wasn't really coordinated enough to move around the way the Seeker, Chasers and Beaters did at first, so the very first position he ever learned was Keeper. Simply just block it and throw it back. As it was all he could do, he soon became very good at it, and it became one of his favorite things to do. All the extra practice greatly improved his balance and coordination. As his age and coordination progressed his parents let him try the other positions. None of which he liked more and excelled at more than being a Keeper. He didn't really understand why he enjoyed being a Keeper so much. So he began assuming that maybe it was because of how protective he was normally, not even on a field where it mattered. He just always liked to be a protector, whether it was a goal, an animal or a friend, he always wanted to be dependable, to be relied on.
Back then, Lycan did not have the patience he currently has, nor did he have the confidence. He would watch Quidditch games constantly, wishing that some day he would be just half as good as they were. It seemed to be that the older he got, even though he was a very happy kid, his abilities as a Keeper were just lacking too much. He felt like if he couldn't protect a simple goal how could he ever protect anything or anyone he loved. It almost became like an obsession. Day in and day out he'd be doing his best to stop scores. His parents had to invest in a machine that constantly launched towards the hoops because they didn't always have the time to play and practice with him. In time, his complex about never being good enough began to affect his school work. It was a slow process, but his parents and his friends slowly began to break him of the habit, and he began to find joy in other things.
Unfortunately, joy in other things, constantly doing something, meant that when he did play Quidditch again, and went to his go-to position of a Keeper, he began to get bored. He no longer enjoyed only guarding the goals, catching and throwing.  He was not so great at any other position, but Keeper was too boring for him. His parents did something that they may or may not have been allowed to do. They never told, and Lycan never asked. But they taught him the ability of Keeper's Catch.  The ability allowed him three choices. He could throw the quaffle to a teammate so that they may score, he could keep it and leave the goal to make a score for himself, or he could aim it at an opponent and make it a weapon almost like a bludger. This ability allowed him to continue in the position he loved and was great at, and it also meant that he could do more than just wait. The ability has also allowed him to rediscover his love for the game by giving him more to do, making it more fun with more options open, and by keeping his blood pumping. Ever since his parents taught him, he was convinced now more than ever that he wanted to be a Professional Quidditch player.
Word Count: 607 Words

STATS: 35 points
Stamina - 7
Evasion - 5
Strength - 6
Wisdom - 5
ArcPower - 7
Accuracy - 5

Don't Quit. Do It.
Stamina: 7 / Evasion: 5 / Strength: 6 / Wisdom: 5 / ArcPower: 7 / Accuracy: 5
22 Jan 2020, 22:14
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Fyriel Starlingword
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Metamorphmagus
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):

WC: 1641

Reducio
Fyriel burst out of the bathroom and rampageous started searching through her enormous collection of books. “Where is it? Where?!” She was so focused on her search that she did not notice the pile of dusty books on the floor next to her. “It has to be in here somewhere... I just read it last wee-“, her mumbling abruptly cut off when she tripped over the pile of books and landed face first on the rug next to her bed. It would have been a softer landing if there weren’t books all over her bedroom. A muffled groan escaped Fyriel’s mouth. She lifted her head up from the furry rug and blew out some of the rug’s fibres that got caught in her mouth. The frown on her dazed face spontaneously changed into a grin when she looked ahead. Under her bed, where there were several more dusty books, she saw it. “Finally!”, Fyriel outed. She grabbed the book and bounced up on her bed, after clearing even more books from the blankets. She opened it and read;” A Metamorphmagus is a witch or wizard with the rare ability to change their physical appearance at will, rather than requiring Polyjuice Potion or a spell like the rest of the wizarding population. Metamorphmagi are born, not made.” She paused and thought about what she just read. Fyriel put the book down and ran back to the bathroom. She stopped when she reached the mirror and looked at her reflection.
Her eyes were bright purple, as they had been since she accidently spilled one of her dad’s potions on herself and had a bad reaction. She was six years young at the time and was not supposed to go into his study. Young and curious little Fyriel of course had to go investigate what was going on in that secret room. Young Fyriel did not find much that was worth investigating in there besides a few tiny, elegant flasks with bright liquids inside. She was not going to drink them obviously. She was smarter than that. However, just to smell them wouldn’t hurt, right? She opened the first one and smelled the bright green liquid. It reminded her of apples and candy. Then she carefully put it back on the shelf and grabbed the next one. This one was bright too. A gooey liquid that seemed to be red with blue specks floating around. She wondered how her dad could make something so pretty. She shook it up and down and watched the specks twirl. She opened the flask and smelled it. Blegh! This one stank of old socks and rotten flowers. She was about to close the flask and put it back on the shelf, when her dad burst into the room. “What ARE YOU DOING WITH THOSE?! Put them back INSTANTLY!” her dad whimpered. Fyriel was so startled by her dad suddenly entering the study, the flask slipped out of her hand on the desk placed below the shelf. The flask bounced around on the desk and the gooey, red liquid spilled out. Most of it landed right on Fyriel’s face. Young Fyriel started crying, not from any pain the liquid had caused but from the shock. Her dad jumped forward to help her and cleaned her up. He washed her face with a warm cloth. All of the goo was washed off when he noticed something peculiar. Young Fyriel’s eyes had a slight purple film over them. He asked her if her eyes hurt but she responded they did not. She said she was too warm and felt a tingly feeling spreading on her forehead. Her dad ran some cold water from the tap and wetted the cloth. He covered her forehead and face with it to help her cool down. Wondering what the purple colour in her, once green eyes, was. He looked at her eyes and gasped. The colour was growing brighter. Extremely bright purple, he had never seen any eyes this colour. It took him a couple of minutes to realize what was going on. Generations before him, there were several Metamorphmagi in his family tree. Wizards and witches with abbilities to transform their appearance. She must have the same talents that ran through the veins of his ancestors. Fyriel was way too young to understand any of that now. He discussed the event with his wife and they came to the decision to keep it a secret until she grew older.
And from that day on, Fyriel Starlingword had the brightest purple eyes anyone had ever seen.
She had grown used to them. She was not someone who liked standing out in a crowd but she was glad she had something different. Something that was her secret, her memory of an adventure.
Therefore, her eyes had not changed but then she saw it. She had woken up early that misty morning with bright blue hair! She immediately dived into her books to find out what had happened. She had not done anything special the night before. She went to bed early, to read her books of course, so it turned out to be a later bedtime than intended. She had slept well and even had a very nice dream. About one of the magical beasts, her dad takes care of.
She dreamed she was helping with the nifflers. One of the nifflers was about to give birth but her dad was not around to help. At first, Fyriel panicked about what to do but then took a deep breath to calm down and remembered what her dad had taught her about delivering baby nifflers. The dream ended with Fyriel holding the baby nifflers after helping them to be born. Her dad came in with a smile on his face and told her how proud he was. Fyriel had felt so happy; her dad had never told her how proud he was of her. She knew she had a knack for taking care of fantastic beasts but this was special to her.
Fyriel had a smile on her face as she thought back to her dream. Could that have anything to do with why her hair is bright blue? She read in the book that Metamorphmagi could change their appearance, or part of it, without realising it. Usually when they have intense feelings like anger, grief, love etc. Perhaps that is what happened when I was sleeping, she wondered. She decided she could not figure it out by herself and would tell the person she trusted most. Her dad. He must know something to explain the sudden change of hair colour. It looked quite cool she thought but she preferred not to have such eye-catching hair colour.
Fyriel walked down the stairs in her pyjamas. She wore a purple top with bears on it and matching trousers. Her socks were fuzzy and grey. When she reached the living room, she noticed her younger sister Olivia playing with coloured blocks on a carpet. Olivia saw her sister walking in and yelled;” Bwue! Fy has bwue hairs!” At least, that is what Fyriel understood from the toddler’s uttering of words. “My God Fy, what happened to you?!” She heard her dad yelling from the kitchen across from the living room. “Dad, I have no idea what happened. I woke up with blue hair, immediately looked through all my books but I could not find anything that explains why I have BLUE HAIR, FOR MERLINS SAKE… DAD. Please help me!” Fyriel answered in a panicked tone. “Alright, alright, calm down in front of your sister. I will go get your mum and sort this out, do not worry. Just sit down and wait until I get back.” So Fyriel watched her dad run out the door to get her mum from the garden where she usually was, growing her herbs and vegetables. When Fyriel’s dad and mum came back inside, they sat down next to her, each on one side and told her a story. The story of the family Starlingword. Her dad explained how in the magical world there were these people called “Metamorphmagi”. Fyriel raised her brow as she recognized the word from the book she flipped through earlier. He further told her that a couple of generations before her, there were several family members that had this ability of changing their appearance at will. "It's also why you have such purple eyes Fy. Do you remember when you were a little girl, you had an accident with those potions? The potions didn't cause your change of eyecolour. It was your Metamorphmagi magic that was sparked from the shock you were in." Her dad said the transformation ability had skipped a couple of generations before as well but they did not expect to see another Metamorphmagus in the family until decades after Fyriel was born. Apparently, they were wrong. There was a new Metamorphmagus in the family. It was she. Fyriel felt proud to carry on the talents of her family. On the other hand, she felt quite overwhelmed. How was she supposed to control these powers? Could they be controlled even, or was she going to wake up looking different every day from now on? Her dad noticed the concern in her purple eyes and reassured her that everything would be okay. That it was nothing to be ashamed off and he knew some people that could teach her more about her new abilities. How to control and use them, hide them when necessary and what it meant to be a Metamorphmagus.

Stamina:  8
Evasion:      3
Strength:  4
Wisdom:  6
ArcPower:  3
Accuracy:  4
Last edited by Fyriel Starlingword on 29 Jan 2020, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Give to those who have nothing to give to you

°Stam: 11- °Evas: 4- °Str: 5- °Wis: 6- °ArcP:5- °Acc:4
25 Jan 2020, 23:25
Link: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=5598

For: Lovely Creature

Description:
Reducio
Dales parents were very attractive people. When his father was in high school, he might’ve been a nerd who talked to very few people, but that didn’t stop him from being the number one hottie on campus. Whenever he entered a classroom or went into a room full of people, almost everyone would turn and look at him, Jamey being the dense,oblivious piece of metal he is, never noticed it, or if he did, he chose to ignore it and go on with his life. All through high school he was constantly hounded by confessions, but every time he turned them down, he had no interest in having a relationship, it was really a waste. Until Jamey met a girl named Vija, Dale’s mother. But this beauty gene went past father then just Jamie, it could be tranced all the way to Jamie’s great grandfather, who was said to be the hottest farmer in all the Midwest.

When Vija was growing up, she was called the most beautiful girl in the town, possibly in all the world. She was heavily sought after by many suitors, she turned them all down, for she wanted true love. So when Vija came to America to continue her studies and met a hot nerd named Jamey, she wasn’t immediately charmed, but he grew on her. And just a few years later they got married, and at the wedding, people cried over how beautiful they both looked. They said that if they wanted they could be professional wedding attire models, or just regular models, but instead they chose to be writers and scientists rather then be high class models. Vija’s beauty gene can also be traced just as far, with her grandmother being so beautiful, she had to hide her face from all the suitors that had gone mad with love.

When Dale was in elementary school, he was pretty average in looks, nowhere near as cute as his parents were when they were his age. But Dale, or his parents didn’t notice… or care much at all.

But when Dale came back for his second year at Hogwarts… something changed about him, he was much taller, Whenever he walked into his classes, he got more stares, more people started to notice and him, he even got a few. A glow up, one of many to come. But Dale had no idea about any of this, after all he was somehow denser than his father… if you could believe it.

Word count: 415

Stamina:    10
Evasion:      5
Strength:    5
Wisdom:    10
ArcPower:  5
Accuracy:  5
Last edited by Dale Kurt on 29 Jan 2020, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

Stamina: 10 Evasion: 5 Strength: 5 Wisdom: 17 ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 5

Lovely Creature|Calming Pressence|Statistically Relevant +2 Wis|Binding Mark|
26 Jan 2020, 21:13
Link to Encyclopedia: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=8762

Ability: Martial Artist

____ ____ ____

Stats:

/35

Stamina:    4
Evasion:   9
Strength:  3
Wisdom:    7
ArcPower:  3
Accuracy:  9

____ ____ ____

Description of Why:

The Faust family is descended from fighters back in the Warring States Period in Japan.

For years they've upheld the traditions of their ancestors. Even upon moving to London England, they've  done so. They still use their ancestors' language, Japanese, they use honorifics, built their compound in the Japanese style, dressed as their culture does, kept their bloodline pure, and unblemished by 'outsiders' DNA. The only thing different in their appearance compared to other Japanese is their pale skin, adapted over the generations living in and English climate. Still they stay true to their blood.

That is not all though, because they were descended from fighters, they teach the children of the clan the skills they held, stealth, assassination, infiltration, the use of Japanese weapons, and martial Arts.

Selim still remembers the days they relentlessly trained him, even when he felt on the ground, near unable to move, they made him stand back up, and try again, and again. It was almost cruel, now that he looks back, probably illegal as well.

Of course, it payed off in the end. The only thing Selim could choose when his Sensei's taught him martial arts, was what branch he wanted to specialize in. Selim chose Jiujutsu, the art of using you're opponent's weight against themselves.

He chose this because he'd always been on the small side, and despite his well-developed muscles, he would've still faired badly against opponents older, and larger them himself. It was a logical choice, letting Selim fight any opponent (with  enough skill), even if they  were much larger then him.

Of course, they trained him in the other branches of Martial arts, preparing him for any situation, but largely, his focus was on Jiujutsu.

He became passionate in that fighting style, training himself outside of designated times.

If only he had learned it two years earlier...

But this was no time for such thoughts.

Soon, Selim became the best in his clan at the art, despite his rather young age. His mother and father praised him for this accomplishment, they had never praised him about anything before.

Eventually, he had a final test, fighting his own father, who also chose to specialize in Jiujutsu when he was young. He had been the current holder of being the best in the skill, and Selim was determined to take that title properly.

The fight was grueling, Selim was beaten down, pushed to the ground (or more accurately, flipped to the ground), he ate more dirt then he had ever wanted to in his life, but in the end...

He had won. Though he was in worse shape then his father, he had successfully pinned him to the ground for ten seconds, using a grapple unique to Jiujutsu.

After that event, his Sensei put more focus in other martial arts, but Selim still polished his Jiujutsu every night.

Ever since coming to Hogwarts, his skills had grown a tad rusty, as he was unable to find anyone to spar with. He still practiced the katas though, even resorting to fighting the air. So, compared to most students he had found at Hogwarts, he had the upper hand if things ever came to a physical fight.

____ 533 Words ____
Mod note: Approved.
Last edited by Selim Faust on 9 Feb 2020, 19:19, edited 4 times in total.

"False Face must Hide what the Heart Doth Know." -Macbeth
S.F
26 Jan 2020, 22:50
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Opeila Seilun- Encyclopedia Page

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Seer

Opeila was told that seers existed but never expected to meet one. She had grown up in a muggle world, her mother hadn't told her a lot about the magical one, because her father didn't want his daughter to know. So she grew up like her classmates in primary school, only that Opeila knew that there was a secret on her mothers side of the family, a secret she didn't have access to.

Her mother's mother, old Lady Margary Crane was a wise woman they didn't visit often, mostly because Opeila's father didn't like her. Lady Margary had always been against keeping the fact that the Cranes were a long lineage of wizards and witches a secret. She wanted to prepare Opeila, to spare her the shock of waking up someday and realize that she had burned her favourite pillow or something like that, but Mr. Seilun was hoping for his daughter to be a squib. He wanted to be a father like everyone else, so he forbid Lady Margary to tell Opeila anything.

Opeila's mother and Lady Margary made a silent agreement not to tell her husband about the other secret that layed within the family. Margary Crane was a far descendant from seer and the seer blood still ran strong in the female side of the family. The talent had skipped Lady Margary's mother as well as her daughter, but the old woman sensed it in Opeila. It was only because of Mr Seilun's threat that he wouldn't let her speak to her granddaughter again, that she kept everyting, that she wanted to tell the little girl, a secret.

So Opeila grew up like every other muggle child, until the day of her first accidental magic. "Seven... eight... nine... ten!" Just a splitsecond before the boy was done counting the little girl jumped in a bush. There were about ten children hiding all over the playground. Opeila had always loved hide and seek, she found it exciting to watch the seeker and maybe get to catch eye contact with one of the other hiding children.
This time she had felt weird from the beginning. Like one of her organs had changed it's position. She actually felt a little sick, but not like she caught a virus or something. Like there was something very wrong inside her. The feeling got stronger when she sat in the bush. She shouldn't be there. She shouldn't have chosen this hiding place, everything shouted inside her. And then she suddenly froze. Out of instinct, she hadn't heard or seen anything, she just froze and held her breath and with her the rest of the world. Suddenly it was dead silent on the playground, everything had stopped moving, the bushes, the trees, even the wind was gone. Only two seconds later she heard the seekers voice. "Found y- Ah, what the hell?" She turned around just to see the boy staring at his hands that now had deep cuts on them. Shocked she gasped and the world seemed to go back to normality. A strong wind blew over the playground. Opeila touched one of the bushes leafs and suddenly they moved again as well. The bush turned back to normal. "What the h-hell have you done? Y-you freak!" Opeila didn't know what to tell the boy, that stumbled away from her, scared.

She had only spoken to her grandmother about the feeling she had before the incident. The feeling that had told her so urgently to get out of there. It was then that Lady Margary finally decided to give a damn about the wishes of her daughter's husband and calmed her frightened granddaughter. She told her about her ancestors and the great gift that was turned down to Opeila.
First the little girl didn't understand. It scared her, she didn't feel like she was given a gift but a great responsibility. Lady Margary told Opeila, that it was indeed. And Opeila learned to accept the gift, follow the sudden feelings that sometimes came over her and use the gift and responsibility she was given.
[Wordcount: 688]

Current:
Stamina: 6
Evasion: 7
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 5
Accuracy: 5

Update:
Stamina: 5
Evasion: 4
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 7
Arcane Power: 5
Accuracy: 5
Mod note: approved
Last edited by Opeila Winters on 8 Feb 2020, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

Opeila | Theodore | Raffle
Head of Index | Prefect | Duelling Co-Captain
Sta-10 | Eva-11 | Str-4 | Wis-10 | Arc-9 | Acc-14
5 Feb 2020, 21:03
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Shae Winters
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Metamorphmagus
Shae's maternal great grandmother was a metamorphmagus. It hadn't been seen in a few generations, but, one day Shae's mother started noticing things not being the same with her body. Some days, Shae's hair seemed shorter, others it was normal again. The next day, her eyes might be brown instead of blue. It was never anything big, and it was assumed that it was just because of her latent magical ability, until one day, Shae's mother decided to discuss the issue with her mother. Shae's maternal grandmother, Vivian, told her daughter about her mother, Aileen, being a metamorphmagus.
As Shae began to grow, her emotions would show more and more in normal ways, then with changes to her looks. It never seemed to change in the same ways, just a shift in emotion would cause a slight shift in Shae's appearance. However, the shift would never last long and Shae would be back to "normal" later. Because her great grandmother passed before Shae was born, she didn't have a family member who could help her learn.
When Shae's mother first noticed Shae's shift in appearance, it was more dramatic. But then, it began to shift into much more subtle changes. Most of the time, Shae didn't even realize something had changed, since it was usually small changes. Only the people who are really close to her (such as her family) tended to notice the change, and even then, it was hard at times to notice. Usually, in order for someone to notice that something had changed, they would have to watch it. Usually if her hair changesdcolors, it was barely a darker or lighter shade. If it changed length, it was by mere centimeters. If her eyes changed colors it was usually in the same shades of blue. If her skinned seemed to change color, it was barely noticeable.
However, Shae only having small changes didn't last forever. The last year or so, Shae has been changing more dramatically than normal. Her hair sometimes turns blonde and then back to black in a matter of minutes. Her eyes turn brown for a minute before turning blue again. Sometimes her hair is cut short, and is back to shoulder length before you even know it. Then the changes started lasting longer. Her eyes turned purple for two days, then her hair turned fiery red for three. The shoulder length black hair fell to her waist for a week (She could have cut it, but didn't see the fun in doing that, when she wanted to see how long it would last). Shae still hasn't gotten a handle on the trait, but it mostly happens to her hair and eyes and usually it's caused by a shift in emotion. It still doesn't seem to have a pattern, you can't tell if she's happy or sad based on her appearance yet, but when you can see her change, you can tell it's because of a shift in emotion, but sometimes it sticks longer than the emotion itself.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Stamina: 5
Evasion: 5
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 7
Arc. Power: 4

Word count 562

Metamorphmagus
Stats:
Stamina: 5|Evasion: 5|Strength: 4|Wisdom: 7|Arc. Power: 4|Accuracy: 5