Register
Sign in
15 Oct 2019, 21:19
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to my Encyclopedia: Oh-What do we have here?
Name of Ability or Race: Fearless
Description:
A Dublin native since birth, Jack spent most of his days out in the streets. He was one with the streets, and a rough and tumble kid to bat. One of his earliest memories was of the time he had decided that he wanted to see from the top of his parent's bar. The bar was an old two-story brick-built building that was rather homely, but well-aged and somewhat run down. In the back alley behind the bar, bricks jutted out from the wall. They were perfect stepping stones for a brave child. What child didn't want to see their home city from a different vantage? So on one faithful day, the five-year-old jack had decided to climb to the roof. Being naturally athletic as he was the start of the climb was easy as one-two-three. Several minutes passed as he climbed. Nearly three-quarters of the way to the top of the building, but the young Jack had been overly confident. He had failed to notice that the crumbling brick he had placed his hand on was starting to give way. Either by extreme luck or good reaction time, he managed to grab hold of another protruding brick before he actually fell. He was so close to the top and his excitement outweighed his caution. It didn't just outweigh his caution. It threw caution to the wind. At last, he made it to the top of the building. The sun setting behind the skyline of Dublin would forever remain ingrained in his memory as he stood on the roof. 

Jack is a street rat to his core. The boy ran the Dublin streets with his wild group of friends. It was a daily occurrence for the boys to roughhouse and get into scrapes. However, occasionally they would find an older boy who had somehow wronged one of them. These boys were always bigger, faster, and stronger than Jack and his posse. Not once did Jack ever back down from these challenges. Sometimes he would win, but most of the time he suffered a terrible defeat. Black eyes and busted lips were never a welcome sight but ended up being rather familiar. At one point, he had his lip busted so many times that he now has a scar the peeked out from the top of his lip. Fear was never an issue for the boy. The issue was that he didn't fear, and so he never had the foresight that fear created.
Reducio
WC: 413

6-point Stat:
Stamina| 7
Evasion| 8
Strength| 6
Wisdom| 2
Arcane Power| 7
Accuracy| 5

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"
-Teddy Roosevelt
Stamina- 7| Evasion- 17| Strength- 12| Wisdom- 5| Arcane power- 7| Accuracy- 10
Abilities: Fearless & Charmer
20 Oct 2019, 00:13
Link to my Encyclopedia: My profile
Name of Ability or Race: Fearless
Description:

Chris had been brought up to be fearless for most of his life through his father and mothers guidance. They were both strict towards him in terms of parents, but loved him like any other child. It went along a basis of a quote they always used to tell him "The only thing you have to fear is fear itself" which was said by some president in the US some time ago, but he never really got the chance to ask his name. One of the ideologies was to stick up for yourself and help those who don't have the courage to do so yet, something that would come into use for most of his life.

Most of his friends looked to him as a leader, a person they could rely on in need. Everyone knew that if someone was causing trouble that involved him and his friends Chris would most certainly level it out. For example, when he was still at his muggle school in Kinsale someone from a year above tried to mess with his best friend, after a little chat the kid never bothered him again. Words was probably the best weapon he had in confrontations, but if he had to throw a few fists than so be it. As he grew up, he'd find that very little things started to strike fear into him. The thought of fear was almost at the back of his mind in any situation, in his opinion, the feeling only held you back and stopped you from reaching your full potential. 

Being less worried about things only made the activities or events more fun, as well as allow him to try more demanding things compared to the average person. He decided to work for his father on a fishing boat at the young age of 9, where he helped bring in the nets that held countless amounts of fish. It was quite a risk for a kid his age to do so, especially when they didn't know how to swim. However, his father knew Chris could look after himself in sticky situations even if he didn't know how to swim properly yet, but with a life jacket on he didn't need to worry as much.

The wizarding world was the total opposite of a muggle world, everything was different, strange and more scary than ever. Chris on the other hand was determined to take it head on, beating any obstacles that got in his way. Nothing was going to stop him from making the most of this opportunity, nothing but fear itself...
Wordcount: 448

Kind regards,
Christopher Madson
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings
unintentionally.
― Oscar Wilde
21 Oct 2019, 00:35
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Click here
Name of Ability: Keen Eye
Describe why this fits your character:
Detail.
Pay attention to detail.
Details are the difference between good stuff and great stuff.

It was a concept that has always followed Evelynn through her growth. Her mother had been a nurse, and had aspired to greatness in her field, going so far as to complete her Master's, and later her doctoral in Nursing Administration. Time and again, she would share stories of her days nursing at the bedside where a single detail saved someone's life. Or where a single missed detail meant its loss. Thus, unsurprisingly, this -- the attention to detail -- was a value that she stressed in her daughter. And, considering the hobbies and activities to which Evelynn gravitated, it was one that she readily adopted.

Naturally, her art required great attention to detail. Every brush stroke, every colour, every slight change in pressure or tilt of a line could drastically impact the overall appearance of the finished product. A shift of as little as a millimeter could make a pretty face cross-eyed. Just a touch too much water could turn a natural gradient of blending colours into a marshy soup of grey and brown. Evelynn still made many mistakes in her artistic endeavors, but she had gained quite the eye for identifying her errors and worked diligently to improve them.

On the other hand, her Hunter jumping was arguably the more demanding of detail. Not only did it require of her a certain level of self-awareness and ability to maintain her own posture and mood throughout a course, it was a surprisingly aesthetic sport. Unlike show jumping, whereby the horse and rider are scored based on speed and faults for missing or knocking loose parts of a jump, hunter jumping was more. Judging looked at the grace and conformation of the horse and rider throughout the course, the strides, the approach. Not only that, but the presentation of the rider and horse themselves were taken into account.

Evelynn wouldn't even begin to estimate how many hours she had invested into her horse. Into brushing his dappled coat to a silver shine, or brushing and braiding his mane and tail. Saddle and bridle required regular leather treatments to maintain their subtle luster. Bits, clips, stirrups, buckles were all polished regularly until their shone. She left no detail out of place, not only for her tack and horse, but herself as well. She quickly developed that scrutinizing glance to spot even the slightest imperfection so that she could make the most of what her mother had done for her.

And this would carry forward to nearly every walk of life. From noticing the change of appearance in a peer at school. Catching the arrival of a stranger on the tram. Knowing, but choosing not to acknowledge, that the letters her mother sent out were not all meant for her grandmother. Compulsively adjusting the frames on the walls to ensure they hung perfectly straight. Pushing aside the observation that her mother had left earlier and arrived home later ever since the arrival of Evelynn's acceptance letter from Hogwarts such that they hardly had a chance to speak.

Detail was everything.

Word Count: 522
Statistics
Stamina: 5
Strength: 2
Evasion: 7
Wisdom: 10
Arcane Power: 2
Accuracy: 9

Evelynn's Trunk
STA | 10‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ STR | 2‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ EVA | 15‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ WIS | 15‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ARC | 2‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ACC | 12
21 Oct 2019, 08:41
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Erik Tharaldson
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Obnoxiously Strong
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Erik had always been one of those sprawny and skinny looking kids and he had hated it. He had gotten in to fights more then he could count. However, those he had won he could count on one hand and that was simply not acceptable. Not to him and neither to his name. Like his father, Loddvar, would say: All a man has is his reputation, without it we are simply beasts. Erik had sullied the Tharaldson name and this was an issue that had to be adressed and simply couldn't be longer ignored. As Erik had turned twelve this year that meant he had become a man and so when the young Tharaldson had returned to Norway during the summer his father had approached him.

Today was the day he had to become a man and proof he was worthy to carry the Tharaldson name. Loddvar would train him as he was trained by his own father like their ancestors of old the vikings. This would toughen him up because a Tharaldson shouldn't only look strong. He had to be strong. So with that they had started the very same day with his training. They would start with increasing his strength. For that they would start with climbing to improve his arms and learn to carry his bodyweight and stone lifting. After that his father would bring him to a private place to follow up and teach the young heir how to use his body as a weapon and learn some boxing. So they would wrestle and fist fight with one another. Loddvar had even payed local boys to fight Erik to use these wrestlingtechniques as well as let him use his fists.

After all that they went on to improve the young Tharaldson his agility and balance for strength alone would get you only so far. This was done through diving, long-distance swimming, rowing and Erik even had to try and push his opponent under water and be able to keep his opponent there for a few seconds in the cold waters of Norway. This excessive training kept on going until it had become a routine something he put a daily effort in to. In the short months he had started training he had physically changed a lot. His muscle mass had been steadily growing and he had become more full of himself, if that was even possible at this point. His strength had significantly grown and he would maintain and improve his training. Now when he had gotten in to fights he had won more then ever before. Sure he had taken a few punches, but as he would say: You think this is bad? You should've seen the other guy. This had proven to his father that Erik was becoming the heir he wanted him to become. These were the first steps towards his great future.
Word Count: 474
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
Stamina: 6
Evasion: 6
Strength: 8
Wisdom: 6
Arcane Power: 4
Accuracy: 5
Last edited by Erik Tharaldson on 3 Nov 2019, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

Race: Werewolf
Abilities: Obnoxiously Strong
Stats: Sta: 8 Eva: 6 Str: 10 Wis: 6 Arc: 4 Acc: 6
22 Oct 2019, 23:24
Link to your encyclopedia thread: HERE
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Seer
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):

Dirt stained hands weren’t the best for readings, but young, nine-year-old Nadège made do with what she had. It had been almost an instinct to look at her classmate’s hands; her sizeable interest in the boy’s clubbed thumbs serving as a distraction from the other children yelling and chasing each other throughout the playground. The boy grew pale when Nadège leaned close and whispered,
You have Murderer’s Thumbs, but quickly seem relieved again when she reassured him, after a pat on the back of his hand, that the cuticle was curved in such a way that he needn’t worry after all.

He slipped her a few centavos before running off to the swings and she placed the coin into a pocket sewn onto her uniform shirt for safe-keeping. This is Nadège’s earliest memory of her fascination with divining, if only for the sore ear she had gotten from the teacher afterwards for hand-holding. Even then, when she was trailing back home along a Havana sidewalk, popping the candy she stopped to buy into her mouth, all was well and simple - until the biggest manifestations of her talent to come.

All who know Nadège would agree that she loves her family. Her father, Jacques, is a Haitian wizard, and her mother, Graciela, a Cuban no-maj. She has a big brother, Jose, and little siblings named Santiago and Maya. However, this close-knit and proud family of six first felt strain when Nadège, then twelve-years-old, prophesied her mother’s illness years before symptom or diagnosis. No one understood the gravity of the situation when Nadège slumped over at the dinner table, no one except her father, who kept quiet when Graciela dismissed the odd fit as “fainting” before whisking Nadège away to rest. Jacques couldn’t ignore the parallels between his daughter’s behavior that evening to those of his own grandmother decades prior and grew remorseful at the possibility of his daughter being driven to madness with her visions as happened with his ancestor. For many months afterwards, Nadège would receive no decent explanation or deciphering of the event, not until one day meeting a man she’d forever call her mentor.

Babajide Olabanwo. His name felt heavy on her tongue, and she couldn't quite place his age save for the speckles of gray in his hair. Babajide was a Yoruba wizard and a distant relative of Jacques Benoit; the pair had apparently known each other for years though Nadège had no idea how they initially met. More pressing of mysteries (more pressing than the strange crystals adorned on his fingers) was his purpose for visiting that day:

Nadège, said her father in Creole, waving her over to sit at the table beside him. Meet Babajide. He is a part of the family. More specifically, her first cousin, twice removed. Nadège would always recall saying little as the stranger explained that he was just like her— a Seer, he had called it— and that the flashes of intuition shared between them were a gift. The knowledge put her mind to rest even if she did forget the details of her first prophecy. Jacques was the one who asked if she'd like to go with the man to Uganda, where she could improve her talents at a renowned school.

It was difficult imagining herself leaving her siblings for several months at a time, her classmates, and her parents. Nadège slept on the offer for over a week before agreeing. It felt the best thing to do.

Uagadou is known for Astronomy, a subject which Nadège knew useful for pursuing Divination. Additionally, being surrounded by students throughout the continent were a great source of understanding the plethora of ancient African Divination rituals. After graduating with good marks from Uagadou School of Magic and moving her belongings back overseas to Cuba, teenaged Nadège faced pressure from her mother, for the last time, to find a more “professional” line of work, but her passions in Divination remained unwavered. She left the country to travel worldwide and study the Divination practices of other cultures, both wizard and muggle. Most interesting she found was China; there was thousands of years of history to unearth. Eventually, she found herself in Great Britain, where she took advantage of the high number of weary pure-blooded parents to work as a Naming Seer while completing her mentorship.

Due to the Second Wizarding War of her childhood, the British Ministry’s Hall of Prophecy faced a disastrous loss of records in 1996. Several years following the event, Ministry officials began reconstruction, which required the contracting of Seers. Nadège one day applied and was hired for the position following her experience in freelance. She worked here for several more years and contributed a few records of her own. In July of 2018, she was hired to teach Divination at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Word count: 807

Stats: approved

- Nadège Benoit(x)
28 Oct 2019, 15:41
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Link

Race Applying for: Seer
Why this fits my character: 

My mother told me many stories of our ancestors, as I am a descendant of the Viking witches. Muggles often called us Völva. There were many witches of Nordic descent that had Seer abilities I was told.

I was told that before the Völvur had to go into hiding from muggles, they were well known in their communities, serving as spiritual leaders or healers through their abilities as a Seeress. During their rituals for the muggles, the Völva would "enter a trance to speak with the spirits around her" and with the information the spirits provided her, she would advise the muggles of her community. These rituals were purely for show. Once the church began to persecute witches, the Völva were less direct with their magic and hid their visions.

My mother is a Seer, the first in our family for 4 generations. Since I was little, my mother noted I had an innate ability to know things that I should not have known, and she hoped that maybe I would be gifted with the same abilities as a Seer she experienced. My father was not aware of any family that had exhibited Seer abilities, and so my mother was not sure that I would acquire both genes to gain the ability.

I was 10 when I experienced my first Seer vision, although I guess it was more of a feeling than an actual vision. My friend Octavia and I were at a park close to my house one weekend. There were a few other kids at this park with us. I became overwhelmed with a sense of unease and my head was screaming at me to leave the park. Overwhelmed with nausea, I told Octavia I did not feel well and that we needed to go home. My mother told me that night that a child was abducted from that park shortly after we left. His body was found 5 miles away dumped in a ditch. I told my mother about the sense of unease and extreme nausea that I had experienced while at the park, and my mother immediately hugged me close to her body. “You just experienced your first abilities as a Seer Tyr!” mom said elated, crying from relief that I was not the child taken that day. Since then, I have frequently experienced premonitions or overwhelming “feelings” about various things.

It is my belief that the great intuition I have as a result of being a Seer is why I have few friends. There are many people that I have met who I feel apprehension around, and having learned to trust those feelings, I avoid that individual. I have experienced premonitions about some people that have caused me great distress, and for fear of them coming to fruition while I am present, I avoid them. My mother advised me early on that many people fear the true meaning of their visions, and to avoid telling someone what I saw until I learned better control. The future is not always clear and can be prone to misinterpretation. 

Although I know that being a Seer means that I will often face difficult choices that will including interpreting each prophecy that comes to me and trying to deduce the meaning, I am excited to learn how to control my abilities and make my mother proud.

Word Count: 563
Stats: Stamina = 9; Evasion = 7; Strength = 2; Wisdom = 2; Arcane Power = 3; Accuracy = 7
Last edited by Tyranni Whitethorn on 27 Dec 2019, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
2 Nov 2019, 22:42
Link to Encyclopedia page:  Link
Ability applying for: Prodigal Defense Against the Dark Arts Learner
Stats: Stamina: 5 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 7 | ArcPower: 6 | Accuracy: 6
Words: 641
Bastille learned the truth about his father when he was eight years old. The occasion was marked by the greatest tantrum of his life, and his mother would later remark that she might have been proud — it was his most impressive display of accidental magic to date — if not for the fact that she was so furious with the destruction he brought to the dining room. That sunny April morning ranks as the worst in Bastille's short life, in his opinion; how else should he name the day that he found out the great big secret Ma'am kept about his father was that he was a Death Eater?

Bastille's temper skyrocketed and his mood soured. How was he supposed to understand that Raegel had switched sides? How was he supposed to care? As far as the boy was concerned, his father had still chosen the Dark Side to begin with. There would be no need to switch sides if he'd been good to begin with, and Bastille was furious to know that the secret he'd been dying to know his whole life was so dreadfully terrible. He couldn't believe his mother had kept it from him, from his sister, couldn't believe his mother claimed to still love their father! He descended into a terror of a grouch and his control over his budding magic got worse and worse with each day.

Cecily tried her best to talk to her son and bring him out of this new personality that had settled in. It is difficult to reason with a temperamental eight year old, though, and so it was a long year of fighting and putting out the fires he accidentally set; a long year of snide comments and bitter loathing on Bastille's end. Finally, a family friend suggested that Cecily start to tutor the young boy in magic in an effort to help control the random bouts and possibly to give him an outlet for his temper. It might help, they said, and truly Cecily was running out of ideas for how to patch things up with her son.

And so for his ninth birthday, Bastille was gifted a family wand to use to practice with his mother. He was suspicious at first — Cecily neglected to tell him whose wand he was using — but despite the rocky situation with his mother, he was eager for the chance to put reading to practice. He immediately took to Defense Against the Dark Arts: what better way to protest his father's memory than to fight against the Dark? Bastille was obsessed with the notion, and as he worked with his mother to master some of the basics his mood started to improve, along with his bouts of magic. It was therapeutic in a sense, and it gave mother and son the opportunity to reconcile and repair their broken relationship. They spent the next two years studying together, while Bast demonstrated for his younger sister, and slowly but steadily he became open to the idea of listening to Cecily speak about Raegal once more.

He turned eleven in the June before he was meant to start at Hogwarts, and his mother took that time to have a new conversation with him about his father's alliance in the War. Bast still wasn't happy, and he still isn't happy about it, but he's older now and in a better place after working so closely with his mother. Working with the DADA books calmed his temper, and he wasn't even angry when Cecily finally admitted what he had grown to suspect over the years of tutoring: he had been practicing with his father's old wand, and it had taken to him nicely. Bastille continued to use it until he got his own at the start of his first year.

I KEEP TRYING TO CONCEIVE THAT DEATH IS FROM ABOVE — INFO
#85a9d9 — 5 STA | 5 EVA | 5 STR | 7 WIS | 6 ARC | 6 ACC
7 Nov 2019, 16:39
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=8186

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for:
Metamorphmagus
Describe why this fits your character:
Saoirse Leia Dwight was an oblivious child to the realm of magic and all that it held; the only signs of enchantment came in her early childhood when her mother was still around. Her sign of magic came at six and her sign of being a Metamorph were placed right around the time of her mother's death, when her sorrow came so did the look change. Looking into the mirror, crying her heart out her crimson red hair turned as silver as silver could get, like she had been trapped inside for months at a time. Her maternal aunt was the first to discover this, helping to train Saoirse in these newfound abilities, but Saoirse could never really grasp onto it, once her aunt moved away, she had left this memory behind for good. One night in the rain grasped and pulled her mind back to these abilities, she found herself wanting some sort of change. She pulled down her hair and managed to turn a few strips of it a strange twilight purple, then all of it became twilight purple causing her to momentarily freak-out before managing to turn it back to a few strands.
--
The next event of her abilities came at age 9, in a moment of rage and anger her eyes flashed a beeming, ruby red. Scaring her muggle family who rushed to calm her down. She found that she liked this new ability and began to use it as often as she could, deciding to walk around with blonde hair or have a green eye color like her father. Making her nose ever so thinner, she felt lie she should embraced this or maybe in reality it just made it easier to keep up with the trends. Changing her appearance became a frequent thing, and she decided that she was more interested in her Metamorph abilities rather than her magic for quite a bit. As she increased her skill ever so slightly, she began to use it for deeper meanings. While she couldn’t completely alter her appearance, she could have two minor changes or a large change going on, such as an eye and nail change or a full-colored hair change. Overtime she became less in tune with the Metamorphic abilities and occasionally changed her appearance, enjoying it more as a fun past time when it was just her or maybe her dog.
-
These abilities stemmed from her mother’s side, as do her magic powers. Most that hailed from the Jackson-Amherst family were skillful Metamorphmagus with one or two being Aurors. They tend to take pride in both talents the family held, as they come down from the beginning of their line. Her mother stood as one of those many talented ones, being able to entirely change her appearance at simple will, but her mother wasn’t quick to mention it to Saoirse’s father, for fear that he would turn her away thinking that she would use her power for more malicious intents regardless of whether or not she truly did, causing problems later in Saoirse’s childhood; when she had to deal with both magic powers and Metamorphmagus powers.
Reducio
(Word Count: 525)

Statistics-
Stamina: 5
Evasion: 3
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 7
ArcPower: 5
Accuracy: 4
STATUS; APPROVED
Last edited by Saoirse Dwight on 14 Nov 2019, 13:48, edited 3 times in total.

Ever felt like your being watched, like everyday you're passing by the billboard that Dr. Eckleburg's Eyes rest upon.
9 Nov 2019, 11:26
Encyclopedia: can be found here
Ability: Evasive Maneuvers
Statistics: Stamina: 8; Evasion: 8; Strength:6; Wisdom:4; Arcane Power: 4; Accuracy:5
Why this fits my character: It all started in primary school, when Gabby was no more than a little girl. Unlike the other girls in the class, who liked to paint each other’s nails and gossip about who knows what, at lunch and recess, Gabby would make her way over to where the boys played, on the oval or inside the cricket nets. Ever since she could remember, Gabby loved to play, whether it was soccer, basketball, or a game of tag. She loved the feeling of adrenaline running through her as she ran with the wind whipping her hair back, or as she shot a goal for her team.
However, there was a problem. Gabby was short. It wasn’t very noticeable when she was 7 or 8, but as her classmates grew, Gabby seemed to be stuck on the shorter side. This proved to be a disadvantage in her lunch time games, especially since her team mates already underestimated her for being the only girl who played with them. So, to overcome this issue, Gabby became quick. She learnt how to duck and weave, and practiced on her speed rather than her strength. Gabby would dodge rather than barge, and dribble rather than hit. And, it worked, with Gabby finally earning her fellow student’s respects.
But, that was all children’s games compared to what happened next. When her father died, Gabby found that everyone around her became awkward and gentle, as if she were a glass vase about to crack into a million pieces. Their sentences to her were halted, as if they were weighing every word to her, and avoided any subjects with even a slightest connection to her father’s death. Worst of all, she knew people had begun to talk behind her back, whispering about whether her father really was the innocent man Gabby claimed him to be.
So, instead of enduring painfully delicate and slow conversations, Gabriela learnt to disappear into the shadows in public, to avoid starting a conversation. She spoke less every day, and shied away from friends she had once been close to, preferring to hang out more and more at the sport fields, where people play sports instead of ask questions. And sometimes, as her talent for disappearing grew, Gabby would hide, and eavesdrop on unknowing adults as they came past. She learnt a great deal that way – who thought her father was a good man, and who thought he was not.
Because of these two things, Gabby has learnt to be quick and nimble, evasive and deceitful, invisible and unseen.
Word Count: 424
14 Nov 2019, 13:17
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Comprehend Languages
Describe why this fits your character: (WC 460)
Reducio
Ever since before Dymphna can remember, she's been learning languages. First, it was English and Irish - the languages that she speaks fluently and in her everyday life. She doesn't remember which came first, both came naturally to her as she spoke them with her family and school friends. Irish was a language that was dying out and the Teagues that did speak it wanted to keep it alive in the younger generations. Before Hogwarts, she had gone to an all-girls muggle school within the city, one that taught Irish to help polish her grammar.

It wasn't until entering Gringotts Wizarding Bank for the first time that she developed an interest in other languages. This time, it was the one that Goblin's spoke (Gobbledegook). Throughout her childhood, she spend a few hours a day studying the way the words formed in her mouth, where her tongue should press to make certain sounds and the harsh grunts that they used. It sounded inhuman and unladylike. Despite her grandmother Eithne's protests, her parents encouraged her newfound skill and bought her a Gobbledegook version of Miranda Goshawk's Book of Spells to try and translate.

Any time a member of her family would need to visit the bank, Dymphna would tag along to practice the language on the unamused goblins. However, there was one goblin who didn't seem to mind and corrected her mess-ups. With the goblins help (and her parents bribery), Dymphna was able to speak with the goblin frequently, during visits and through letters. It was through the goblin's help, her families encouragement, and the resources available to her that she was able to master the language before her first year of Hogwarts.

Throughout her Hogwarts years, she still keeps up her studies on Gobbledegook and makes a point to speak to the goblins in the area. With a thirst for knowledge, it is no wonder she was sorted into Ravenclaw. Not only does she have an interest in magical languages, she also has interest in non-magical as well. Learning more about her family history, she developed an interest in Old Norse. After a family trip to Egypt during her first year, she became interested in Heiroglypics. As for Hogwarts classes, her favorites tend to be ones filled with reading texts (History) and learning about languages in some form or fashion (Transfiguration, Ancient Runes). With her friends, it is easy to pick up on some their native languages (Alexx - French) or learn a language alongside them (Reid - Hungarian).

When she isn't studying for classes (and sometimes when she's supposed to be), she will be reading up and practicing languages. After leaving Hogwarts, Dymphna has plans to continue her education by travelling and attending Euro-Glyphs School of Extraordinary Languages in London.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
STA. 6, EV. 7, STR. 4, WIS. 10, AP. 7, ACC. 7
Please delete old Trunk and put this new coding in it's place. I'll put it under reducio since it's quite long:
Reducio

CHARACTER STATS:
STAMINA: 6
EVASION: 7
STRENGTH: 4
WISDOM: 10
ARC POWER: 7
ACCURACY: 7
---+1 stat point from winning a Quidditch match.
BROOM: Bluebottle
---+2 to two separate stats of choice, chosen at the start of a match. Can use catch option to rescue a falling teammate.
ABILITIES: Comprehend Languages
---+10% Wisdom and ability to speak Goobledegook.
RACE: Part-Veela
---See traits Veela possess here.
LEARNED SPELLS & POTIONS:
SPELLS (by year):

YEARS 1-2
Reducio

Dancing-Feet Spell | Tarantellagra
Effect: Uncontrollable dancing
Learned: Charms, Lesson 1 Y1
Threads: Second Year Grad Party (on Reid Kovacs, accidentally)

Mending Charm | Reparo
Effect: Repairs broken objects
Learned: Charms, Lesson 1 Y1
Threads: -

Levitation Charm | Wingardium Leviosa
Effect: Make objects fly, float or levitate
Learned: Charms, Lesson 2 Y1

Wand-Lighting Charm | Lumos
Effect: Lights wand tip, similar to a flashlight
Learned: Charms, Lesson 3 Y1

Wand-Extinguishing Charm | Nox
Effect: Extinguishes light
Learned: Charms, Lesson 3 Y1

Locking Spell | Colloportus
Effect: Locks doors and windows
Learned: Charms, Lesson 4 Y1

Unlocking Charm | Alohomora
Effect: Unlocks doors and windows
Learned: Charms, Lesson 4 Y1

Umbrella Spell | Pluvia Velo
Effect: Shields caster from the rain
Learned: Charms, Lesson 5 Y1

Matchstick to Needle | Conmutocus
Effect: Turns a match into a needle
Learned: Transfiguration Y1

Untransfiguration | Reparifarge
Effect: To untransfigure something
Learned: Transfiguration Y1

Green Sparks Charm | Verdimillious
Effect: Reveal hidden things, injure opponents
Learned: DADA Lesson 1, Y1

Red Sparks Charm | Periculum
Effect: Signal for help, similar to a flare gun
Learned: DADA Lesson 1, Y1

Curse of the Bogies | Mucus ad Nauseam
Effect: A nasty cold, runny nose, constant sneezing
Learned: DADA Lesson 2, Y1

Knockback Jinx | Flipendo
Effect: Knocks the target backwards
Learned: DADA Lesson 3, Y1

Smokescreen Spell | Fumos
Effect: Creates a defensive cloud of smoke
Learned: DADA Lesson 4, Y1

Bubble Producing Charm | Bullarum Immortalem
Effect: Creates a stream of non-bursting bubbles
Learned: History of Magic RP Y1

Eyeglasses Repair Charm |
Effect: Repairs broken glasses

Sneezing Hex | Steleus
Effect: Causes sneezing, used as a distraction

Cleaning Charm | Scourgify
Effect: Cleans the target
Learned: HoM Lesson 3, Y1

Fire-Making Spell | Incendio
Effect: Creates a fire
Learned: Herbology Lesson 2, Y1

Extinguishing Charm | Extinguo
Effect: Extinguishes a fire
Learned: Herbology Lesson 3, Y1

Severing Charm | Diffindo
Effect: Used to precisely and accurately cut something
Learned: Automatically upon Graduation from Y1

Severing Charm | Diffindo
Effect: Used to precisely and accurately cut something

Tickling Charm | Rictusempra
Effect: Causes a person to laugh uncontrollably

Packing Charm | Pack
Effect: Make items pack themselves into a trunk

General Counter-Spell | Finite Incantatem
Effect: Used in duels, can reverse minor damage
Learned: Charms Lesson 1, Y2

Avifors Spell | Avifors
Effect: Turns small objects into birds
Learned: Transfiguration Lesson 1, Y2

Color-Changing Charm | Colorvaria
Effect: Changes the color of an object
Learned: Transfiguration Lesson 3, Y2

Clothing Color-Changing Charm | Multicorfors
Effect: Changes the color clothing specifically

Hair Color-Changing Charm | Crinus Muto
Effect: Changes the color hair specifically

Blindfolding Spell | Obscuro
Effect: Blindfolds the target
Learned: DADA Lesson 1, Y2

Tongue-Tying Spell | Mimblewimble
Effect: Ties targets tongue in a knot
Learned: DADA Lesson 2, Y2

Disarming Charm | Expelliarmus
Effect: Knocks targets wand from their hand
Learned: DADA Lesson 3, Y2

Bluebell Flames | Caeruleus Inflamarae
Effect: Creates blue flames, not dangerous
Learned: DADA Lesson 4, Y2

Hot-Air Charm | Aer Calidus
Effect: Streams hot air from caster’s wand
Learned: Astronomy Lesson 1, Y2

Fire-Making Spell | Incendio Duo
Effect: Conjures green flames, stronger than Incendio
Learned: Herbology Lesson 1, Y2

Slug-Vomiting Charm | Slugulus Eructo
Effect: Curse that forces target to burp up slugs
Learned: Herbology Lesson 1, Y2

Flower-Conjuring Spell | Orchideous
Effect: Transforms target into a flower, bouquet or shrub
Learned: Herbology Lesson 3, Y2
Threads: The Masquerade Ball (against a giant; spells don't work against them)

Ascension Spell | Alarte Ascendare
Effect: Makes the target fly up high into the air
Learned: Automatically upon Graduation from Y2

Descension Spell | Descendo
Effect: Causes the target to move downwards
Learned: Automatically upon Graduation from Y2
YEARS 3-4
Reducio
NONE
POTIONS: