Register
Sign in
13 Sep 2019, 05:05
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: here
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: broken broomshaft
Describe why this fits your character:
Arlis had never been the strongest. she loved sports and the feeling of adrenaline (including what’s provided from fighting). But Her shots at goal in soccer never had as much power in them as her friends’ did. Her throws would never go as far as everyone elses. when she tried to hit the ball with her might it would still not be as effective as when many others did the same kind of thing. She was never quite as good enough as everyone else.Growing up with rowdy,active boys for friends (who were also talented at sports) she had played a lot and improved but she still wasn't good enough, wasnt on the same level. These things led her to want to become stronger, to be as good as her friends. She didnt want to be the one who always got hurt, so she practiced frequently which led her to improve gradually. Days spent outside in her yard practicing with determination, afternoons playing in the streets with her friends, and just generally working at it all helped bit by bit. There became days where her aim would be slightly off and she would accidently hit or kick the ball into a window or something similar and it would shatter.

Other instances like this one happened where she would accidently break bats, rackets, and other things. she eventualky realized thst she should tone it down a little so she refrained from putting full effort into these things, while still practicig at home so that she wouldn't totally lose this strength. Since learning about quidditch she has become very eager to play and she plans on going full throttle when hitting the bludgers. with luck, this will come in handy and help her. She is just beginning to start refining her brute force and turning it into something useful that uses better aim. She begun practicing with her friends, working on things like this together and being careful not to seriously hurt one another in the process. Occasionally, someone did get hurt, a sprained wrist here and there or a few bad bruises but no further damages, thanks to how careful they were. the equipment and surrounding area didn't always fare quite as well. At the very least it got dented or a few chips/slivers of wood (or whatever other material there was) flew off. By the time she came to hogwarts, she was truly ready for any kind of activity that involved strength.
Word count: 411 words
Stats: Stamina: 10, Evasion: 6, Strength: 10, Wisdom: 1, ArcPower: 1, Accuracy: 7
13 Sep 2019, 05:43
Name of Ability: Fearless
Describe why this fits your character: Liz’s father had never been as strong a presence as he would’ve liked, and in many ways didn’t have much to give to her. A muggle cut off from any magical resources in raising his 3 very magical children, what he lacked in knowledge he made up for in wisdom. His life being torn apart and flipped around more than once, he taught Liz to embrace change and the unknown, and that all the darkest corners of the world needed was the light of a warm smile to be illuminated. He didn’t know much about magic and monsters, but he never strayed from darker topics around his children. He respected their budding intelligence, and would carefully explain the realities of the clashing worlds they had been brought into. He would not over sensationalize or soften his tales- he laid reality bare, explaining he nuances of it all the best he could.

By speaking to his children in such a manner, Liz especially found herself less prone to fear. The unknown wasn’t so scary when it was presented as just a part of life, the demons haunting the dark didn’t have the same power, and dragons and other mythical beasts were just other creatures, with their own needs. Given an objective view of the world, while distanced from the scariest magical elements, it was easy for Liz to approach the extraordinary with enthusiasm, instead of fear.

Of course, while her father’s teachings and philosophies were a large part of Liz’s fearlessness, it can’t be understated how Liz’s own inherent lack of common sense plays into it all. While her siblings took her father’s words with a grain of salt and still approached the unknown with some caution, Liz practically flings herself at potentially dangerous things, too caught up in living in the moment to think through the possibly disastrous consequences for doing so. Its hard to pin down why she took the idea as far as she did in all honesty. Perhaps her older siblings are to blame, giving a romanticized version of the magical world. Maybe it’s her admiration for her estranged mother, a powerful, artistic witch who just couldn’t quite be a parent. Or maybe it’s just Liz being Liz- the fires carefully stoked by her father and fanned heavily by her siblings. Who knows! All that really matters now is that no one should be surprised when she treats strangeness with excitement and normality; or when she seems a little too eager to do something she sees as harmless. That’s just Liz, and anyone who tries to change that part of her is in for a lot of frustration.

Now if only that foolish bravery applied to her social life.

Stats:
STAMINA: 10
EVASION: 2
STRENGTH: 1
WISDOM: 7
ARCANE POWER: 7
ACCURACY: 8

Friendly neighborhood gremlin here to accidentally end the world probably.
14 Sep 2019, 03:27

<3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3

Year 1

Applied & Approved

Poison Resistance

Approved Application

Growing up in the orphanage wasn't a real picnic mostly because the kids all bullied me and the woman who ran the place wasn't the nurturing sort. Meaning I spent almost all of my time outside which was fine by me; there was more places to hide here. One random day while everyone was sitting down to breakfast, the children decided they wanted to throw their toast at me making me run out of the building…I had no idea where my feet was taking me but I let them carry me until I could hardly breathe.

When I finally stopped and looked around I could sworn I wasn't on the orphanage's property anymore but then I looked out the window….wait window. "Where in the world am I?" I asked out loud not having noticed the man in this place until he spoke up "You're in my green house; well the green house the orphanage allows me to have on their property." This man's voice made me spin around coming face to face with a man younger than the woman who run's the orphanage; he has crazy bright blue eyes with sun tanned skin and jet black hair. "Oh…I'm sorry; I didn't mean to…" my train of thought was interrupted as a plant in particular seemed to be calling out to me. That happens to me a lot; plants will call out to me out of no where; I walked over to the plant and smiled softly. This plant was just a baby with only a few springs of green popping up out of the pot it called home "Did you know that if you mix egg shells in this plants soil it will help it grow." I shared the information to the gardener for the plant like it wanted me to without seeming crazy…maybe.

The gardener smirked a bit at me giving me a soft nod "I'll have to remember that; oh by the way my name is Monty." he held his hand out for me to shake making me look at him in wonder. I was wondering if this dude was for real but decided that he was and shook his hand "Shauna." Monty smiled a bit at me "You know I was about to ask Esmeralda if I could hire an assistant however since she hardly ever hires anyone and you seem to have an affinity for plants I think you make a wonderful assistant. What do you think?" I arched my brow at him like an adult even though I was only ten "You do realize that I'm only ten right?" I asked crossing my arms in front of me making him laugh "What's so funny?" After a moment he finally calmed down "I'm sorry but yes even though you are only ten you act older; look you only have eight years before you age out of the orphanage if you are not adopted. When that happens you are tossed out on the street with only the knowledge you have; if you let it gardening can be a real skill." This actually made me think; yes his words stung but I knew them to be true because the owner always told us the same thing and she didn't care if we had any skills to fall back on. "I'll do it."

He gives a soft nod with a smile "Good let's get started." He went to a closet where he grabbed a gardener's apron complete with tools which he handed to me so I could tie it around my waist. This day started a series of a mentor teaching a student everything they know about various plants while the student gives their two cents. My first day as Monty's assistant before he called lunch I grabbed some berries that looked AMAZING and ate them; however that was a bad idea because almost instantly I dropped to my knees in intense pain….it was so bad I couldn't call out for help. By the time Monty found me I had passed out; when I woke up I was in the nurse's office with Monty at my side. "What happened?" The nurse appeared with water "My dear you almost died; I found remains of berry juice on your lips. Those berries are poisonous; honestly you're lucky to be alive." It took me a couple of days to recuperate; it was only then that I was able to leave. Now I would LOVE to say that was my only encounter with accidentally poisoning myself however that would be true. In the course of a single year I had ended up in the nurse's office from accidentally poisoning myself in various ways a total of fifteen times. Unbeknownst to me, my body was developing a resistance as a result. The nurse was just about to request that I get sent to an actual hospital for rehab even though I just turned eleven; she seriously thought I was doing this to myself on purpose when in reality I was still learning my way around dangerous plants and how to distinguish them. I was still learning when out of no where I got invited to a school for witchcraft and wizardry.
WC: 867
Year 1 Stat System:

Stamina: 2
Evasion: 7
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 8
ArcPower: 8
Accuracy: 7
Proof of Year 1 Application Approval
*~*~*~*~*~*
Applications for the coming years will be posted here as Shauna passes through each grade by way of simply editing and adding the needed application. If anyone would like to know the abilities that I will be applying for then please allow me direct you to my Encyclopedia the page titled "A glimpse into the future".
Last edited by Shauna Starr on 29 Oct 2019, 18:42, edited 7 times in total.
14 Sep 2019, 21:39
Link to encyclopedia thread: Right here~
Name of Ability: Evasive Maneuvers
Description:
<3
During the beginning of her First Year at Hogwarts, Koko began to notice the crazy people in the world. She still was very sheltered compared to some - she had a house, she had an 'overprotective' mother, if she could call Rosalie that. She had two little brothers who were also quite protected as well as an adoptive father who would have given his life for her. She didn't know what the hardships of the world were. She was lucky.

And then she met others. People who did know what it was like in the real world. People who had been hurt, who had been bullied, who were scared of that happening again. She also met those who had been hurt but were still brave. Koko was unsure of what she would become for the longest time, but a few things shaped her into the jittery person she is today.

She has had a fear of authority for quite some time. She would not come home until the sun set during the day when she was in primary school, and she would always be scared of her mum finding out where she had been. Usually, it was to a sweets shoppe to spend the minimal allowance that Victor gave her, but if Rosalie found out about even that, Victor would be berated and Koko would be grounded. So she learned how to avoid observation, how to blend into the crowd, and how to not be noticed.

During her eighth year, a group of kids at her school had targeted her because they had seen some of her accidental magic. The blonde was called a freak, and a few blows were aimed. None ever landed, though, because she had gotten good at dodging. She was fast, and they would not catch her as she sprinted home, arriving before sunset for the first time in three or four years. She felt proud of herself that day and wore that pride every day. The kids who had cornered her soon forgot all about the ordeal, and maybe it was because Koko stayed hidden. But it could have been because she evaded them every day.

When she was sent off to Hogwarts, the Slytherin seemed a proud pure-blood. She held her head high every day and while she didn't cause trouble, she was cocky enough not to stay off of the radar either. She would avoid authority as best she could, but she wouldn't make any attempts not to talk to them if they came up to her. She still feared them, but she was too proud to show it. Proud of her social class, proud of being a member of the esteemed Leblanc and Wreath lineage, even if it were only through adoption. Rosalie Wreath (nee Leblanc) was rich beyond measure and from a long line of French pure-bloods. Victor Wreath, on the other hand, was a Half-Blood through and through. His mother had been the Muggle, though, which did ruin the Wreath name but let it be known as a Wizarding surname.

Later in the year, her pride began to subside as she came to terms with the fact that she was not better than everyone - and that many were better than her. The realisation turned the kid into a hermit of sorts, and she would avoid people if at all possible. She came across a Dhampir in the Abandoned Toilets, and that shocked her into a hard reality that she needed to run. She wouldn't be able to fight back anymore - she had to dodge.

After that, she was a scared little girl, but that did help her. She would notice whenever danger - or at least what she thought of as danger - was coming, and she would try and avoid it the best she could. She usually succeeded in her quest. If there was a food fight in the Great Hall, the girl would somehow know where the food was coming from and duck in the nick of time. When she played Quidditch, she managed to not get hit for quite some time before her evading tricks didn't seem to work any longer. She always seemed to just notice where a blow was coming from, and she always seemed to know what to do to avoid that. Whether that worked or not was up to the girl's reflexes, but she at least seemed to have the knowledge.

Koko became even more submissive to authority and decided to either completely avoid them or do what they said no matter what. Even if they looked for her, she would use her Evasive Maneuvers to not be found and avoid whatever possible trouble was coming. She would know when and where said 'trouble' was coming from, even if it were only a student coming to tell her that she had left behind her homework. Koko would know that someone was looking for her, she would just feel it somehow, and she would try to hide. To avoid them. Because she knew that if they had bad intentions, she would need to evade to dodge a punch. Koko didn't know who they were. She was scared because she didn't know the intentions of the people around her, and she would avoid them at all costs. If one more person tried to confront her, she wouldn't attack or stand up for herself. She would dodge, evade, flee, whatever you might call it. Only a scared little snake could do that, and Koko was just that: a scared little snake.

WC | 922
Stats: (already in ency)
Stamina: 10
Evasion: 5
Wisdom: 6
ArcPower: 5
Accuracy: 6

Koko · #85200C
Alluring · Eva. Man. · Scream · Calming Presence · Charm · Keeper's Catch
20 · 10 · 3 · 7 · 5 · 17
·
Cyrus · #000000
Fearless · Obnox. Strong · Charmer · Impartial · Poison Res. · Spell Spread
10 · 10 · 10 · 16 · 10 · 10
15 Sep 2019, 06:55
Half-Veela
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Half-Veela!
Why this fits Brielle:
Brielle has always been a pretty girl, some even might say stunning. As a child up into Junior High she has always had the boys tripping over themselves for her. Of course, Brielle didn't use her beauty as a weapon. Until now that is.

Brielle's mother had been a full blooded Veela, a beautifully stunning woman with fair white skin and long silk like hair. Her father, on the other hand, is actually a muggle. He is a goregous man with features that look like they we're crafted by an angel. Her mother immediately fell in love with him, and tried however she could to get him to notice her. Her mother had eventually won him over by using her Veela like powers to entrance him. Well, at least that's what she thought. He hadn't actually fallen in love with her because of her beautiful complexion, he liked her because she had been different than the other women, she was a girl who spoke her mind and didn't hold back. That was what caused him to fall for her.

Before Brielle had been born though, her mother had lived in Paris, being a model among the muggles. It was fun to her, getting to walk around, having those who saw you adore you whenever you passed. Brielle liked those stories, she found it fascinating how her mother used to be an incredible model who just walked around as if she were a non magic folk.

Brielle's mother had actually found her husband while modeling in America, as she was on tour for a female fashion brand. They had bumped into each other when boarding one another's planes and sat together on the flight. Why, the first thing he had said to her had been a compliment on her accent. As Natalie had originated from London, her posh accent was very noticeable. They sat and chatted for the entire flight, and came to find that he was a very wealthy man. She had hit the jackpot, and together, they cared for on another as loving partners and were soon to have Brielle.

Brielle was born in London with her mother and father, as they wanted her to grow up in the same place as their mother. Brielle, at a young age showed her Veela characteristics, having most the boys in grade school falling head over heels for her. Though, when angry or pestered with the boys that had kept following around, she would scream an awful nosie, her beautiful features withering away into angry expressions. Brielle never used it to obtain things though, as she normally just lived with it. Her mother, had intended for Brielle to go to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as that is where she attended her school years. Though, Hogwarts had been the school of Brielle's choosing, and that is where she resided.

Giving this race to Brielle would not only match her physical complexion, it would help her magic be more presise and skillful when in duel. Brielle strives to be a perfectionist, and anything that makes her spells better and more impressive excites her. She could also become closer with her mother, as they could bond over owls during the school year about how her Veela traits are going. 

Word Count: 547
Stats:
STRENGTH: 5
EVASION: 5
STAMINA: 4
WISDOM: 5
ARCANE POWER: 5
ACCURACY: 6
Last edited by Brielle Gray on 18 Sep 2019, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Brielle Gray ゚・:*。(ꈍᴗꈍ)ε`*)~。*:・゚
Proudly Veela
Strength: 5 Evasion: 5 Stamina: 4 Wisdom: 5 Arcane Power: 5 Accuracy: 6
15 Sep 2019, 16:36
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability: Poison Resistance
While growing up as a rich kid in a pureblood family had its perks, Max was never the sheltered child many believed children with his lifestyle were. Wealth had to come from somewhere, and since the Avery family got it from sources which weren't all legal, it came from a place of danger and intrigue. As the child of a businessman who dabbled in illegal weaponry sales, Max was always the potential target of either people spurned in Alisdair's deals or the competition looking to weaken the head of the Avery family by causing the death of his only son. Because there were as many ways to kill a person as there are stars in the sky, Max had to learn the art of staying alive.

Mithridatism. It was one of the first truly complicated words he learned, and among other lessons of self-defense, it was one of the more interesting ones. Centuries prior, a king was poisoned at the hand of his wife, and this poisoning led to a paranoia that only those intimately familiar with death can develop. The next king and son of the previous one - Mithridates VI, who was one of the greatest enemies of the Roman Republic before the Roman Empire came around - decided he would not go the same way as his father. To combat the effects of poison, he began ingesting certain poisons little by little until his system built up such a great immunity that when he later attempted suicide by poison, it didn't work.

Max's interest in this incredible yet tragic tale was what allowed him to freely work with his father when Alisdair initially proposed the idea of practicing Mithridatism. Every day before going to his studies, Max would sit blindfolded with his father and consume a small vial of poison. The first few months taught him the effects the poisons would have on his body - albeit at a much lesser scale than if he'd consumed a true dosage. He began to learn which poison was which through the effects, and then - a couple of years later - through the tastes.

This served the purpose not only of building up his immunity to poisons and lowering their affect, but also letting him know what he'd taken so that he could immediately begin searching for the correct antidote the moment he started showing symptoms. While he still has a long way to go since there are many, many potions he has yet to learn, his keen senses will alert him immediately to any change in his body.

WC: 430
Stats:
Stamina: 7
Evasion: 5
Strength: 1
Wisdom: 9
ArcPower: 10
Accuracy: 8

"There’s something brittle in me that will break before it bends."
Fearless | Poison Resistance
STA - 7, EV - 5, STR - 1, WIS - 9, ARC - 10, ACC - 8
16 Sep 2019, 15:19
Resubmitting from my previous (deleted) post on pg7:

Link to your encyclopedia thread: The Joker’s Wild

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Keen Eye

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio
The Ministry of Magic is a vast and impressive place, full of things to be found, niches to be squeezed into, restricted areas to explore, and not to mention mischief to find oneself in.  Piérre, ever since being introduced to the Ministry, had an uncanny knack for trouble.  He almost seemed to revel in in, enjoying the cries of confusion and flustered frustration whenever he did something unpredictable or very, very naughty.

It was never his fault, he would claim every time he had to be unjinxed or unhexed, or whenever Mathilda had to harshly berate him, it was as if the thing was calling him.  It was an item just out of place, a door that never seemed to open, a statue just ever so crooked.  He had found the Department of Mysteries hardly a week after he had been acclimated to the Ministry, and snuck into the Courtroom a few days after that.

He just had an eye for extreme detail.  It was almost like an aura would glow about such a mysterious object, encouraging and enticing the young boy to have a closer look.  Such was a case with a hexed bike, which when mounted, refused its owner to get off of it and began to fly.  Another was a case with a jinxed flower, which caused anyone who smelled it to perpetually sneeze.  Piérre loved finding such oddities, and he was always sure to keep an eye out for it.

One day, that odd skill of his became useful, when a cursed and out of control snitch came flying through the main hall.  Many members of the Ministry chased it on brooms and the like, but many of them couldn’t pick it out against the shining marble walls and gilded panels of the grand hall.  Upon seeing the sparkle, Piérre’s bright green eyes lit with delight.  He loved these kinds of moments.

He began to chase it.

Down the halls, over fountains, and through secret passes, he followed the faintly glittering snitch.  A few times, his young eyes lost it, but he always caught a sparkle of it nearly seconds later.  Soon, it was cornered, and Piérre made a strong grab for it.

Its silver wings fought viciously, cutting up his palms and fingers with its razor edges, but Piérre, biting his lip, held firm, holding back cries of pain.  He sprinted back to the main hall, and when the Ministry saw the young boy, his hands steadily bleeding from the Snitch, they made quick arrangements to contain the golden runaway and swiftly tend to Piérre.

Even today, Piérre has thin white scars on his palms from the incident, but he always looks at them with an unmatchable sense of pride and accomplishment.  He knew his knack for mischief would come in handy someday.

He vowed to never forfeit it.

474 words

Statistics:
Stamina- 3
Evasion- 10
Strength- 3
Wisdom- 7
ArcanePower- 5
Accuracy- 7

iiiiiiiI'm a very dangerous man when I don't know what I'm doing.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ The 4th Doctor
| Piérre | Romeo | iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
| Chocco Froggos Shop! |iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
17 Sep 2019, 18:30

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for:
Comprehend Languages (Troll)

As a muggle-born, Dinara had very much been incredibly in awe of the Wizarding World. It seemed as though there were so many things to learn -- things that she would never had imagined existed.

Dinara wasn't a particularly studious kid, but she was someone who thrived in social situations and had a deep desire to get to know as many different people (or even creatures) as possible. It was somehow incredibly fulfilling for her to understand how differently others lived from her. This, coupled with her seemingly insatiable curiosity, led to her being extremely invested in getting to know the other species that roamed the Wizarding World.

Of all the different species, the one that Dinara found the most delight in learning about would be the trolls. Sure, all the other species were interesting too, but trolls just seemed like such a misunderstood race. For goblins, merms, giants, or even veelas, it seemed as though they were still generally accepted by the general public.

Trolls, on the other hand, seemed to be outcasted by society. Slow-witted and rather gross looking, people shunned them. Somehow, this garnered the sympathy of the kind-hearted Hufflepuff. She had immense faith that underneath the dumb demeanor, there was much to be understood about the large-sized creatures.

So, she studied. Day and night, Dinara scoured the library for books about Trolls, as well as the "language" they spoke, if one could even deem it as such. It frustrated Dinara to no end, really, that their "language" seemed to comprise of random grunts and snorts. She already took longer than most to study, really, given that Dinara genuinely wasn't the brightest kid around -- she relied purely on time and sheer effort to produce the academic results that she did.

Still, she persisted, stubbornly poring over the books that were available that attempted to explain how 'Troll' sounded like to the best of their ability. As much as the authors tried to incorporate onomatopeia within the books, Dinara could only do her best in guessing what sounds the authors were trying to convey through their text.

With enough practice, Dinara had somehow managed to get the hang of 'Troll' -- she could definitely at least get the gist of what they were saying, even if she had interpreted certain little grunts inaccurately. In return, Dinara could vaguely grunt back as well, though it was likely that her pronunciation wasn't all the best given that she had learnt all she knew from books.

All the same, the little Hufflepuff was absolutely delighted at her newly acquired knowledge of 'Troll' -- this meant that she was one step closer to being able to better understand what she perceived as possibly the most misunderstood race in the Wizarding World.

[457 Words]

Stats:

Stamina| 5
Evasion |10
Strength | 5
Wisdom | 2
Arcane Power | 10
Accuracy | 8

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for:
Martial Artist

Cecily Naylor, a mother to 3 children and her middle daughter, Dinara Lucey, could be described as a 'tiger parent'. She was extremely strict on her children and functioned as a very practical woman. Over the summer holidays, while telling her family all about the cool new school that she had been attending, Dinara had somehow managed to let slip of the fact that certain pure-blood elitists existed within Hogwarts, who looked upon muggle-born children with distaste.

The fiery woman wasn't going to take this lying down. Rather, she decided to take this with a flying kid as she commanded Dinara to enroll in Taekwondo classes as a reasonable form of self-defense. Despite the girl's protests and insistence that she was 'too well-liked to be bullied just because she was muggle-born' (or at least, that's what she perceived of herself), Cecily Naylor went right ahead to sign Dinara up into a nearby Taekwondo Academy -- the Lions' Taekwondo Academy. Ironic, really, considering that Dinara would have been a badger of all animals.

Still, Dinara didn't really have a choice. There was no use in arguing with Mrs. Lucey, really. So there went the little badger into the den of Lions. It wasn't easy at all, to go in as a complete, white-belted newbie and getting trashed by all the older, taller, bigger and more experienced students. Particularly so for someone as proud as Dinara Lucey, her days at the Taekwondo Academy taught her more than just martial arts. It also served to humble her quite a fair bit, with Dinara learning to respect her opponents more be they more or less skilled than herself.

The summer break wasn't a super long stretch of time for someone to learn martial arts, but in the few months, Dinara had managed to rise through the belt ranks and achieve a respectable Green Belt. Nothing too fancy, but one can be sure that Cecily Naylor would insist on Dinara regularly going back for more lessons over the holiday breaks.

Although Dinara was now better able to 'defend herself' with her newly acquired knowledge of martial arts, the girl found that practicing it had become a form of therapy for her. For someone as emotionally charged as the Hufflepuff, it would seem that releasing all the pent up emotion through martial arts (especially so in Taekwondo where they were trained to yell as they punched or kicked) was an extremely effective method in getting her to calm down and achieve a cooler state of mind.

Of course, suddenly kicking out or punching in the middle of social interaction or a particularly tense event wasn't socially acceptable in any sense, which also meant that Dinara wasn't much better at handling any emotional issues on the spot. In this way, her practice of martial arts had allowed her to be better at retrospection, but not in any other way of self-awareness. 

[485 Words]

Stats:

Stamina| 5
Evasion |10
Strength | 5
Wisdom | 2
Arcane Power | 10
Accuracy | 8

Dinara Lucey
Stamina 5 | Evasion 10 | Strength 5 | Wisdom 2 | Arcane Power 10 | Accuracy 8
19 Sep 2019, 23:38
Encyclopedia link: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p118868

Name of Ability Applied for: Cat's Grace

Why it fits my character:

Juniper excels at going unnoticed. She considers it her one true talent. When she wants to hide in plain sight, she breathes slowly and deeply, avoids all eye contact, and watches as people walk straight past her, or seemingly stare through her, as if she weren’t there at all.
She’s never liked being the center of attention. Used to spending time alone, she’s never sure where she fits in a crowd. It’s much more satisfying to sit on the fringe of activity and observe. That way she can daydream and people-watch and let her mind wander at will.
Juniper remembers a particular day in grade-school when she was asked a question she didn’t know the answer to. Loathing to be put on the spot and humiliated, she began by pretending it just wasn’t happening. She stared past the teacher, she breathed slowly and deeply in an effort to remain calm. Suddenly, the teacher seemed to loose their train of thought. Glancing over Juniper, she picked another student and asked the question of them instead. Juniper was a little amazed that her efforts had worked, and a little doubtful it was more than a coincidence. But she tried it again and again; anytime she didn’t want to be called on (which was most of the time), or when bullies were prowling the playground (often), and it only seemed to get easier. Eventually, Juniper’s trick was so effective and she was using it so often that she started being marked as absent in attendance, even though she’d been in school
More opportunities for evasion came at home. Living on a property that was also a Bed & Breakfast, there were often interesting guests from abroad that Juniper wanted to spy or eavesdrop on. Plus, she was under a constant barrage of chores. She didn’t mind them entirely; cooking and cleaning were simple enough and usually quickly finished. But she loathed being asked to entertain guests. She became very adept at moving through a room without being noticed and retreating into a corner when she wanted to spy. She has a spot about halfway up the staircase in the main cottage that she considers lucky, simply because she’s never been detected there and yet has a perfect view of all the action in the living room below.
She doesn’t quite understand how she’s able to be so invisible. It must help that she’s so average and forgettable, with no real distinguishing features to grab a person’s attention. She’s always been soft-footed and shy, so that part comes naturally. But she senses there’s more to it than that. She knows she’s not literally invisible, rather, she’s able to just go unnoticed. She can’t explain how it works. She’s always hoped there was a magical element to it. That would almost be too good to be true.

Stamina: 5
Evasion: 7
Wisdom: 9
ArcPower: 5
Accuracy: 6

Word Count: 472
Last edited by Juniper Irving on 28 Sep 2019, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Juniper Irving
Sta: 5 Eva: 7 Str: 3 Wis: 9 Arc: 5 Acc: 5
23 Sep 2019, 14:21
Link to Encyclopedia: Mmmmm, I'm a link. Click me.

Name of Ability: Keen Eye.

Stats:

STAMINA: 8

EVASION: 9

STRENGTH: 2

WISDOM: 7

ARCANE POWER: 6

ACCURACY: 8

Why it applies:

Ever since Dan was little, he'd had an eye for finding things. Particularly spotting shiny things. This... had gotten him into trouble on more than one occasion, having also often ended up pocketing what he found. But, it also came in handy. If someone lost something, Dan was usually the first one to find it. And the ability to spot things wrong made him great at hide and seek, and playing Prop Hunt in GMod.
Some people called it Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but Dan doubted it was. While he was hygienic, he wasn't about to torture himself to perfectly clean up everything around him and make sure everything is even and symmetrical. Unless it was in Minecraft. Then, he couldn't help himself. EVERYTHING had to be symmetrical. It was a problem, one he was mildly ashamed of.

Anyway, He found that he could use this talent in Quidditch. It helped him last time in locating the Snitch before River did. The problem was, they had been running LOW on players in that game, and he had been targeted twice, after their Keeper had bitten it, and he was pretty sure one of their Chasers too. He had taken far too long in finding the Snitch, and it had almost cost them the game.
Sure, him coming in late didn't help matters. He would make certain of the size of his uniform before each game from that moment on. His team assured him that there was nothing to worry about; they had won, after all. But close games, while thrilling beyond anything he had ever experienced, were not things Dan wanted to bank on winning. So, he got his team together, and borrowed -TOTALLY with permission and you can't prove otherwise- the school's Quidditch supplies. He had instructed his team to loose the snitch while his eyes were closed, but for them to keep an eye on it if he couldn't find it, so that they wouldn't have to explain to the professor why they had lost the Golden Snitch.

Dan practiced finding the Snitch almost daily, over and over and over again for hours. Dan was surprised his teammates would put up with this nonsense when they had plenty of other things they could be doing. But, after a solid two and a half weeks of practice, Dan could feel he was slightly better at finding that damn ball. It was far from perfect, but it was an improvement.

Total word count: 409.