Register
Sign in
3 Jul 2019, 07:21
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Encyclopedia thread: R.J. Kovacs
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Obnoxiously Strong
Describe why this fits your character: Reid was born in Derby, UK and in a fairly normal household despite the magic that his mom possessed and that he found out later. His dad, on the other hand, is a muggle and had come from a Hungarian immigrant family. Hard work and toil were values that Josef passed to Reid, nothing good ever came easy and his dad always encouraged him to help him during his work. He did this especially when Reid always seemed disheartened that he didn't excel in his academics like his other peers. 

Even still, when he was young, he helped his dad in his woodworking business and his mum with her gardening. Labor intensive activities is what he's always done, his mother never showed him magic until he showed strong signs of it. In his youth, he worked with his dad and always found it more enjoyable doing things himself. His strength comes from his independence and how strongly he values doing things the 'muggle way'.

It wasn't anything different from what the rest of the muggle world did, his character was just built upon a solid foundation of hard work. As a result of that hard work, he became stronger. His father also taught him the lesson of making sure he always stood up for himself and looked out for others. In the schoolyard, he always was found roughhousing with the other boys versus sitting down and reading his book. As he grew up with the kids in the yard, he made friends with a muggle boy named Theodore, or Theo for short.

The two shared the same quirks, their lack of academic finesse, interest in physical activities, and even going as far as play fighting with the other kids. Theo and Reid also tested one another, always trying to prove who was stronger than the other. By other students, he's described as a reasonably tall kid, not towering though. He had no trouble taking people down and around his age and even put up a fight with kids a year or two above him.

But aside from his past back in Derby, he has been able to carry people like Serena Towers and Bloom Silverton to safety. His strength is usually tested in high-stress situations, where Serena nearly got burnt and Bloom was nearly hit by the Whomping Willow. He knows he excels in his physicals means over being a wizard and this continues on even as he went to Hogwarts. Reid is quick to think on his feet and would rather spring to action versus take out his wand unless he really needed to. [WC 436]
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: The Muggle Condition
Describe why this fits your character: "Dad always taught me that I should learn how to do things, learn how to change my bike tire, learn how to make a fire without a lighter, learn how to use what I have to make the best of a situation. But he's never really told me to read a book or something. He's told me to study, but moreover, he's always just told me to 'do things'. That's what I've always done, I've just done things. I learn, but I learn how to do things and how to use things.

I've always believed this, I still do up to now. Magic was not something I grew up with, I didn't get to know magic until I turned eleven if I was going to be honest. Up to that point, my father taught me that I need to learn how to do things the hard way before I go about it doing the easy way. My dad's side is from Hungary, they were farmers and largely people who used what they had. My dad once showed me how to make a rope from tree bark, he showed me then how to use that rope and a bow drill to make a fire.

He always took me camping before I left for Hogwarts, not everything stuck, but it made me value the muggle way of doing things more now that I think about it. My mum did the same too, even if she was a witch. She taught me how to do things like fix the holes in my shirts or jackets, there was no spell used when my things were broken. But that's kind of the fun of things for me, I solved things my own way and it wasn't always the same way as someone else. I like to think that it's a special trait, but I'm honestly sure that it's just because I had to do what I had to do. 

Anyone can do it, I guess you just have to be around the right people. Theo was probably the first person who kind of taught me how to be resourceful when it came to defending myself. He was really into these action movies that I never heard of and we'd also mess around on the yard. But always made me mad when we were fighting because he'd pretty much use anything and everything around him. I had him down once and he threw dirt at my face and got me down instead.

He grabbed one of the lids off of some trash and used it as a shield once, Theo always had interesting ways of going about things if I was going to be honest. I kind of carried a lot of my experience to Hogwarts. I don't always do well with magic, it's not my strongest suit, but I have to make up for that. Just because I don't do something well enough doesn't mean I should just call it a day. I can do some of the things I can't cast with a wand, it's just different.

After the fire at the camp that Headmaster Lear ran in my first year, I didn't know how to defend myself back then, honestly I downright sucked a the time. I got hurt bad and so did the others, I don't ever want to lean on my wand, as nice as it is. I didn't know a single spell and I found that really annoying. I couldn't cast as well as the others either, but I worked with my surroundings, which was frankly on fire. So, I made a slingshot for the next time that I have another run in with trouble.

It was a pretty good one too, between you in me though, I accidentally hit Serena Towers in the head once with it. It was not my best moment. But I fight with what I know best. I don't trust my ability to cast yet, it's backfired too many times on me and even got me in trouble with Professor Jensen.

I guess the first thing that comes to mind when I need to make a decision is, what can I do with what's around me? Besides, what are you gonna do when your wand gets broken or it gets knocked out of your hands? If you don't know how to make do with what you have, that's not a nice situation to be in. I'd rather be prepared for the worst."
[WC 747]
STATS TO BE UPDATED
- - Stamina: 6
- - Evasion: 8
- - Strength: 14
- - Wisdom: 6
- - ArcPower: 4
- - Accuracy: 7

"Trouble usually finds me."
> STA. 6, EV. 8, STR. 14, WIS. 6, AP. 4, ACC. 7
> ABL: OS, TMC
3 Jul 2019, 09:15
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Lamicky-boi

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Blindvision

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Unlike some kids, Lamik was never afraid of the dark. Though he didn't mind it, the boy never needed a night light or a lamp of some sort, and he was never really scared of what was hidden where he couldn't see it. In fact, Lamik enjoyed the dark in some ways. There were far too many instances to count where the boy had purposefully sat in his room alone with the door and windows closed and the light switch flicked off. He found that when there was nothing visual to distract you, thoughts tended to have an easier time organizing themselves in your head. Because of this, Lamik found himself spending quite a bit of time in absolute darkness- especially during stressful or problematic periods in his life.

Nearing the end his first year in Hogwarts, something strange started happening. Though he still couldn't see anything when the light was turned off, the boy started to sense things around him. He could often tell where and when someone moved- even when his eyes were closed- simply do to the sounds around him. He started testing himself- keeping his eyes closed and guessing what people were doing with surprising accuracy. This strange new ability, though far from perfect, definitely felt like something you would read about it books instead of experiencing in real life.

Lamik wasn't sure why he had developed this ability. Sure, he liked spending time in the dark, but even after doing his best to look for an explanation he had found that muggles needed years of hard training to develop echolocation skills- and even then they couldn't compare to what he was experiencing. Because of this, the boy came to the conclusion that it must have been something magical: A potion that was accidentally mixed into his food, perhaps? Or maybe it was a gene that only manifested itself rarely in witches or wizards. No matter what it came from, Lamik enjoyed it quite a bit.

This talent, that he later learned was named "Blindvision" by the wizarding community, was one of the few things that the boy hadn't told anyone about. This had several reasons- the most important one being that he was slightly scared of what others would think. It seemed absurd, even in a world full of magic, for it to be possible to hear so well that you can almost see, and Lamik had to admit that he was slightly worried that others wouldn't believe him. Though he was probably going to try telling his closest friends, the boy would probably wait until he tested the limits of this newfound ability before he was particularly open about it.

Wordcount- 446

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
Wisdom: 10
Arcane Power: 10
Accuracy: 8
Stamina: 6
Strength: 3
Evasion: 3

Wisdom: 11 - Arcane Power: 12 - Accuracy: 11 - Stamina: 7 - Strength: 3 - Evasion: 17
Binding Mark - Blind Vision - Paragon of Health
3 Jul 2019, 10:49
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Luna Choi

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Seer

Describe why this fits your character:
Reducio
People in Luna's family were all normal witches and wizards, which was why the lavendered hair girl never thought that she was not a fully human. Also, other than the lavender hair, she looked like everyone around her: Two eyes, a nose, a mouth, and two ears. There were actually sometimes weird things happened to her like, sometimes she saw things that were going to happen or had some strange dream. However, she had always thought it was because she was a witch. "Those are totally normal." That was what she told herself, and that was what she believed. But for example for the weird things, this happened when she was young and she actually barely remembered about it...

"Under the bedroom? No wait, the cat was just passing by..." Luna mumbled while writing something on her parchment. She loved writing things that happened in all her dreams, even if it was a nightmare. Her dreams were usually pretty interesting, and she always felt like it told her stories every day. It was actually fun to read what happened in those dreams again, especially when she was bored.

And so as usual, she was writing about the dream she had just had. The girl knew that she didn't have a high chance to remember her dream if she didn't write it down right after waking up. That was the reason why although it was still so early, she already picked up her quill pen and wrote it down on parchment. It was weird that there weren't many things happening in her dream, and wasn't as interesting as usual but she still liked it.

She was not sure what was happening in there, but she saw her cat running around like running away from something, and was hiding. There was no information about the reason why she ran away, but Luna knew where she hid. The place where her cat ended up was-

'Knock knock'

Putting her quill pen down, she walked to the door, wondering who it was. "Sis, Christina, she ran away to this floor, can you help me find her? I was going to wash her but... she ran away. We have just played together..." Right when she opened her door, she heard her brother's voice. It was calm, but the word "worried" was written all over his face. He should be really worried about it...

"Have you checked all the places on this floor?" Patted his head to calm him down, she asked him. She was really worried, the cat was still new at her house. She had to convince her mother almost every day and tried so hard to prove that she deserved a pet.

"Yes, I did. Our parent's room is locked so I can't check there, but that also meant Christina couldn't jump in there either. Sis, I have checked everywhere but... your room. Can you look around for her?" Giving him a nod and telling him not to worry, she closed the door and decided to find her by herself. There might be a chance that Christina was in here, and she was sure she didn't want Christina to run away. She started looking around, by checking the bed, and then her closet, and then...

However, Christina was nowhere to be found. It had been more than fifteen minutes, but she still could not find her. Where did she go? Where could she hide? Letting out a sigh, the lavendered hair girl leaned on the table, was going to observe her room again before telling her brother that her cat wasn't there.

"Ouch... That, that hurts..." Mumbled, she quickly rubbed her hand which had just banged something accidentally. "The ink bottle, I... should be happy that it isn't opened." Laughing, she put the bottle to the right place again, "Little bottle, I hope you are not hurt. I'm so sorryyyy that I hurt you, I didn't mean it at all..." But then, something attracted her. It was the parchment, where she wrote her dream back then.

Wait, her cat ran away, the bed in the dream that looked a lot like hers... "Maybe... Well hehe, maybe that is actually true!" She rushed to the floor-length curtains of her room and peeked behind it. "There you are sweetie," she smiled and hugged her, bringing Christina to her brother, totally forgot about the fact that the dream was actually the truth. After all, she was still a child, she couldn't help but forget about it.

That was not the first time she had dreams that came true, and that was also not the last time. But it didn't happen usually, so she still believed those were just coincidence until now...

WC: 784 words
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: 2nd year ability: Fearless

Reducio
Fear is proof that your imagination is functioning. Frankly, I feel bad for anyone who can't feel fear. Without imagination, you can never deduce which action to take next.
This quote was from a book that she used to like, but she couldn't remember which one it was. After listening to her big brother who read the book for her, the seven-year-old Luna decided to find what the quote mentioned, fear. What was exactly fear?

She went around and asked her family about it. The answer she received from her mother was weird stares and a question of why she had time to do this instead of learning. She knew to ask her mother for options on this was not smart. She just wanted to try at least once.

Her father, on the other hand, gave her a bunch of things that he used to be fear of when he was her age. The fear of falling off the trees, the fear of unable to eat the fruit he liked and more. She even had to write down a long list so that she could remember all of those.

Both her brothers, they suggested her to find fear herself. They were sure siblings, giving her the same answer. Also, the answer was not bad at all.

The reason why she wanted to find fear was not only because of curiously. The book said that fear was proof that your imagination was functioning. She could still imagine things without fear, which meant if she knew what fear meant, she would be better at imagining. She loved to imagine, it was fun, and you could do it all the time. Also, her big brother said her imagination would help her a lot when she was older and now, so if she had the chance to improve it, she should!

And that was the start of the brave Luna or maybe the idiot Luna, trying a bunch of dangerous and scary things just to find fear. Though, she failed with finding fear. She had no idea why she couldn't find it, and also disappointed in herself. But with the fact that she was still young, the girl quickly forgot about this.

Time flew really fast, and something related to that book happened before Luna went back home because of the summer break. She asked her little brother for the book that she used to like when she was young. Her brother had an incredible memory, and he couldn't forget what made his sister do so many dangerous things. The book that he sent, was obvious the book that made her changed her peaceful life.

Luna couldn't remember about it until reading the book. She also realized something weirder, the lavendered hair girl had never felt fear from her life. What did that mean? Silently closing the book, she walked to the library to find something.

The definition of Fearless ability... This page. Luna read through it, and when she closed the book, she couldn't keep a calm face anymore. Everything that she read on this page, fit her situation. By any chance, had she accidentally learn this ability by finding fear? That... sounded fun, actually. With a weird expression on her face, she started walking back to her dorm...

WC: 517 words without including the quote.

Stamina: 8
Evasion: 7
Strength: 1
Wisdom: 7
ArcPower: 4
Accuracy: 8

Just because I said you were bad does not mean that I am mean. It shows that I am honest.
3 Jul 2019, 20:54
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Erin Ryan

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Veela

Baby, I was born this way. Some are born smart, others are born tall, or clever or even brave. A strange truth, how the fortunate cultivate their natural skills to be better than mediocre. I was born to be lovely. A gift I have oft failed to appreciate, I would have preferred to be naturally strong, fast or even clever but I am none of those things. It was through effort, time and pain that I acquired the skills others found fit to earn with minimal effort. I would have preferred to have been gifted with a sense of empathy, the ability to feel love, the gift of life rather than a comely facade. 

Everybody knows that beauty is only skin deep. I am no exception of this idiom, not a centimeter beneath the surface is the ugly truth that blushing cheeks and sparkling eyes fail to truly obscure. I realize that I should have been grateful for what I had, there are some that have even less than I. I find that I envy the other students, how they seamlessly make connections, even if much of what they say and do is ultimately a lie. They claim to be happy when they are said, say that they are in love when in truth they are just afraid of being alone. How they love and loathe and lie.

My father had an interest in researching  Dementors in Poland. At least that was what he claimed but I believe he sought my mother or one like my mother and that was why he chose the shoreline of a Slavic country. However, my father did in fact spend a great deal researching Dementors which has resulted in my condition which I will later describe. As for "their affair", that term being the best way to describe their union one could suppose resulted in me. I was born October 29 in Jastrzębia Góra, Poland. A village on the south coast of the Baltic Sea. My father was made aware of my presence through an intermediary. I was too hideous to remain with my mother and her kind I was told, she thought it best that I be given to my father if he would accept me. He came for me and, there was another union between my parents that resulted in my younger brother Geoffrey.

My father had a vasectomy at St. Mungos after he learned of my younger brother.

I wonder sometimes if I look like my mother because I do not resemble my father although I have been gifted with his mediocre skill in magic. I suppose I would, my flesh is quite pale my features are symmetrical, my eyes bright and full of a light my soul and heart lacks, my cheeks are often flush with a youthful vigor and if nature would have its way I would be a blonde. I started coloring my hair when I turned 11, I did this to hide what I was. It has nothing to do with shame, rather I feel that my secrets are mine to keep. Well, that and I subscribe to the theory that my Veela heritage takes from me my pure-blood claim despite the fact that Veelas are magical creatures they are not wizards. I am ashamed of the breech in my otherwise perfect bloodline.
Word Count: 556 words
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Fearless

I cannot say I was born with this, but I can say that I have been afflicted with this condition for as long as I remember. I call my state a "condition" because there is nothing else that described my abnormal state. It may seem cliche to say but it is my fathers fault that I am the way that I am. My father was an avid researcher of Dementors, also a single parent as my Veela mother had left me in his care as I was too hideous to remain among their kind. Despite the fact that he had sufficient means to have me raised by nannies in his home in Ireland he elected to keep his newborn with him. I wonder if he did so out of curiosity, to determine if I would be in some way afflicted by their presence and by their voracious hunger and their draining presence.

It effected me, my emotions are as my father put it "underdeveloped." Apparently those early months are a crucial time for mental development. My ability to feel empathy, love, and yes fear were severely blunted. People rarely consider the necessity of fear: it warns you that danger is near. It tells you when to stop, when to run. The brain is so much slower than instinct, that utter sense of dread that swells from within and leaves an ache in the bones. I lack this fear -- fear of pain, fear of rejection, fear of death. I would not say that I welcome these things because I do not. I simply lack the sense that so many others take for granted, this sense that aids in human survival.

My brother does not share in my affliction, capable of suffering or enjoying a full range of emotions I have long wondered what sort of person I would have been had I been given a different lot.

As for evidence of my endeavors, my lack of fear look no further than my self-destructive pursuit of something to fill the void. I often try to agitate and get a rise in those around me, it being easier to bring someone to the extreme of anger than bliss I experience life or at the very least their sentiments vicariously. Pain being better than nothing at all, I hurt people both emotionally and physically. I could stop if I wanted to but I have no reason. I do not fear consequences. I do not fear reprisal, pain or rejection. I wish I did. 
Word Count: 419 words
Stats: Year 3 [Total 40]
- - Stamina: 5
- - Evasion: 7
- - Strength: 15
- - Wisdom: 3
- - ArcPower: 3
- - Accuracy: 7

Just a trick of the lighting they said...
3 Jul 2019, 22:07
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Griseldis Edelhardt

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for YEAR 2:
The Martial Artist

In the past, Griseldis’s Grandfather, Liwei Yin, was a very strong Chinese Martial Artist since his youth. In China, he was quite famous and won a lot of Kung Fu tournaments. And now, as an old man, he retired and decided to become a peaceful Tai Chi Instructor, teaching young children and old people Tai Chi. Even though he was a Chinese Muggle-Born, he did know that magic exists because one of his own daughters was born with magic and became a student of Hogwarts to study Charms, Potions and other magical subjects. But Liwei was a prideful man, proud of being a non-magical Muggle. He never believed that magic is everything. When Griseldis was born, he knew one day her magic will surface sooner or later but he didn’t want his own granddaughter to rely on magic too much.

Once Griseldis turned 4 years old, her grandfather started to teach her Tai Chi every morning. And on her 6th birthday, she then began to learn Kung Fu from him. Tai Chi was a gentle Martial Art that performed slowly and gracefully, while Kung Fu was the powerful Martial Art that normally done in a quick and effective manner. Doing both Tai Chi and Kung Fu with her Grandfather was really a great way of building strength and learning how to be disciplined. At the Muggle primary school, Griseldis was the only healthy student who never really got sick so often, and compare to other kids she had the best stamina. She also succeeded very well in Sport.

Maybe due to training with her Grandfather every day made her grow more passionate about Martial Arts, she loved watching many Chinese Martial Arts movies, reading a lot of comics about Martial Arts and her favorite actor was Jackie Chan who was funny and a great Martial Artist. After her magic had been awakened, she still loved Martial Arts regardless.

Even when Griseldis became a student of Hogwarts just like her father and her aunt were, she never really stopped and continued to wake up very early to do Tai Chi herself every morning and did some Kung Fu practice alone after dinner at the great lake. She wrote letters to her Grandfather weekly, telling him how she was in Hogwarts and always did Tai Chi and sometimes Kung Fu to keep herself fit.

She was taught that Martial Arts aren’t weapons to hurt people for their own desire but to train themselves to be a hard worker and use it to protect their loved ones from unexpected threats, there might even be a situation where she forgot or lost her wand, then she would be able to use Martial Arts to defend herself.

Martial Art reminded Griseldis not only to become stronger, but also to never give up no matter what would happen in the future.
Word Count: 475
Stats for Year 2
Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 5 | Strength: 7 | Wisdom: 5 | Arcane Power: 7 | Accuracy: 6
Last edited by Griseldis Edelhardt on 4 Jul 2019, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

Stamina: 11 | Evasion: 10 | Strength: 10 | Wisdom: 5 | Arcane Power: 7 | Accuracy: 12
Fearless|Martial Artist|Evasive Maneuvers|Obnoxiously Strong
4 Jul 2019, 08:52
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Euphrasia Millie
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: (Year 2) Fearless
Growing up exploring was something Euphrasia thought every child should be able to do. She loved climbing trees, running through the creek behind her house, and doing things her parents told her to never do. It was the highlight of her childhood. Even if her parents thought it was "highly dangerous" and "not ladylike!" There was nothing more in the world the young girl would rather do.
However, she had never shared the same fear. Her grandmother had told her that the things she did was not like what other wizards and witches did. Ophelia had told her that for everything dumb she did, forty wizards would have ran away in fear. Euphrasia disagreed. Surely, wizards were as brave as she was! Not that she was inclined to believe herself, she never did.
But she did the same things over and over, nothing new. Her parents got used to her doing these things, but they still frowned upon it.
Then she walked outside, headed towards the creek she claimed home. It was dark outside, nearly midnight. She wanted to see the lightning bugs and put them in a jar, then explore the creek with darkness looming over her. It was one of the stupidest ideas Euphrasia ever thought of. She wanted to see what the darkness entailed, and her parents didn't need to know.
She tiptoed out to the creek, and touched the wet rocks. The lightning bugs were dimly lit, and she wasn't able to catch them. A bright light ahead made Euphrasia reach forward too far, and fall face first into the creek. She began zooming down through the water, like action-movie styled. But she never once got scared, not once. She reached forward and grabbed a hanging branch, before maneuvering herself from the creek, and onto dry land.
Going home, Euphrasia vowed to never speak of the incident again. Not when her mother was over-bearing these days, and was terrified to find her daughter in cuts and bruises the next morning.
Euphrasia had forced herself to come up with a lie, to hide from her mother and father. She wasn't scared though, she wanted them to not be afraid, as well.
The incident left her mind, up until her first year at Hogwarts, having a conversation with a cowardly Hufflepuff, she didn't tell the other person what was going through her mind, but she knew that being brave or courageous, and being fearless, were two entirely different things. She couldn't explain this, though.
Had she not been to Hogwarts, she wouldn't've thought back on the moment, but then, she realized something new, something much more different.
She was the difference, she was quite literally, fearless.

WC- 445
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: (with the Parselmouth race)

Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 7 | Strength: 2 | Wisdom: 6 | ArcPow: 7 | Accuracy: 7

`Even if you can't change the world, you can change individuals.' Daniel Howell
Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 7 | Strength: 2 | Wisdom: 6 | ArcPower: 7 | Accuracy: 7
4 Jul 2019, 15:48
Link to your encyclopedia thread:
Saskia Nicholson

Year 1 Ability:
Fearless

Saskia has always been an unruly kid in her childhood, and because of this, she found that she preferred activities involving physical action. Instead of quietly reading a book inside like her sister usually did, she used to be found a lot of times outside while playing in the fields or climbing trees and exploring the farther outskirts of her home. From all the times she spent running around and getting herself some minor injuries in the process, she grew to have a high pain tolerance and is rather durable. But there was something else that she developed from all those times she went exploring, and that was her confidence towards danger.

Simply put, Saskia is a thrill seeker. It's hard for her to back out of a challenge, unless there's an absolutely good reason why she would need to back out (and even then, she'd do so reluctantly). It was agonizing to sit in one place without doing anything, and even more so when she's completely helpless and unable to do anything about her situation. Because of this, Saskia grew up with the impression that she needed to constantly move. She couldn't afford to dwell on the past or worry about the future when there was so much she could look forward to in the present. If people like her mother and friends left her, she would have to get over it. If she got hurt from an accident, she would shrug off the pain. There was no point in crying about it unless she could do something to solve her problems.

It's not easy to faze this girl. She had already gone through a few major injuries, and at one point, she needed to drag her broken leg home and wait for hours before her father was able to heal her injury. It was a scary experience, but it only taught the child to learn from that mistake. That she needed to be more careful if she didn't want to go through the same thing in the future. While bugs would normally scare a child, Saskia found that she didn't mind the critter, and would even let them crawl up her arm if she thought they were harmless enough. She'd only try to get rid of them if other people around her were really bothered, but otherwise, she had no problems with them.

Hufflepuffs may not have been the best known for their bravery, but they were definitely unafraid of toil. And that was what Saskia was. A determined girl who won't let anything stop her if she had her mind set on a goal. She had doubts and fears like a normal human, but it would be difficult for her to let them get to her. If she did, it was a sign of weakness, and she would hate herself for giving in to her insecurities. Due to this, it can be difficult to dissuade her mind, which leads to mistakes that could have been avoided if she would have just listened to rationality. With her father's guidance, she is getting better at stopping and thinking about her next actions, but there was still that part of her that makes it easy for her to act on an impulse for the mere sake of it.

During her time in Hogwarts, she was used to seeing, or at least hearing about strange occurrences. Other creatures such as dhampirs and werewolves, ball fires, other incidents in the school, and the list goes on. But that hasn't stopped the girl from being her usual cheery self, and if anything, it was easy to smile at danger and face it head on. Fear only paralyzed her, and that wasn't something she would let happen. That was why she would keep moving forward, regardless of the circumstances.

Word Count: 635
Stats (40):

Stamina: 9
Evasion: 6
Strength: 7
Wisdom: 7
Arcane Power: 6
Accuracy: 5

"Honestas ante honores."
Stam: 9 | Eva: 6 | Str: 7 | Wis: 7 | Arc: 6 | Acc: 8
Abilities: Fearless
5 Jul 2019, 18:26
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Serena J. Towers
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Part-Goblin
As far as Serena was concerned, she came from a long line of witches and wizards. Her blood was pure, through and though. No one had told her otherwise. Her mother did not tell her otherwise. But her mother did not lie to her. The truth was that her mother did not know the truth and her father was a mystery.

History -
The Towers Family claimed to be a long line of pureblood witches and wizards. A family full of academics and professionals. They had money but they earned their money through hard work and their intelligence. Knowledge, after all, was the single most useful thing to them. Members of the family went on to become experienced healers, study alchemy, seek to discover more about the universe. A few were also well known in the jewellery industry, making the most intricate and beautiful pieces out there. This only made the family richer. And they were rather good with money, they did not spend it frivolously. But for some reason, the Towers had only started to gain their well earned reputation in the past few decades.

You see... the name itself was not centuries old. The Towers family name, in fact, was entirely made up. The word itself was a strong name. A tower, after all, was a strong tall, potentially free-standing, piece of infrastructure. It could also be used in the context of rising above someone or something and reaching new heights. It was for this very reason that the surname was chosen, many years ago, by a family that lacked a surname. His mother was a pureblood witch, hailing from this long line. Beyond anything, she wanted money. Pureblood families were always known to be rich and have huge family vaults - well, that was what she believed anyway. And yet, hers was not. Hers were able to provide a roof over their head, pay for school fees, provide food and occasionally go out. But she wanted more than that. She wanted the most expensive clothing, she wanted to be adorned in layers and layers of jewellery, she wanted to be one of those people who never wore the same outfit twice.

Now she was not incredibly smart nor could she earn the money herself. But what she could do was marry for it. For a few years, she tried to get a rich man to fall for her. The future Prince of the country would do incredibly well. Eventually, she met a Goblin. He was small, had a round face and had wrinkles that made him look ten years older than he actually was. He was not her usual choice in a relationship. He had long pointy ears and was incredibly grumpy, all the time. He was a lot shorter than she was. But he had more money than she had ever seen. Not too long later, they got married and had a little son. Now the Goblin father only had a first name. He never really required a surname. He was just known by his first name. But his wife was adamant that their child required a name. And this, was where the Towers surname was first introduced into the family.

The Goblin died some years later from an illness. The witch, who had always been a bit ashamed of her husband's appearance, removed any traces of his real name from the family book. There were no mentions of him ever being a goblin. As far as the world was concerned, her husband - who she had kept well hidden for many years - was a pureblood wizard that bore the name Towers.

The sad truth of the story was that Goblins were always seen as inferior beings in the eyes of many witches or wizards. Whilst she wanted him for his money - and eventually his intellect and kindness - she was always ashamed to admit that she married 'below' her status. So, she never admitted it. Instead, she always claimed her husband was 'away travelling for work' when asked why he could not attend a social gathering or 'he was too sick to attend' the dinner today.

Their true ancestry became a secret that the children could never share. They claimed to simply be 'short humans' rather than half-goblins. The oldest of the children grew up to father a few children with his loving wife. One of those children was a young boy named Lazarus, who shared one quarter of his blood with his goblin grandfather.

Lazarus later married a lady named Kamna Oberoi. 

Kamna was one of eight siblings, born and brought up in Asia to a family of wealthy, elitist purebloods. At the age of 19, shortly after graduating from Wizarding school, she was arranged to marry Lazarus. The Oberoi family was rich but the Towers had something they needed: knowledge. With knowledge, came power. To them, the only thing of value was their reputation, power and family status. Remember this, it becomes important later.

Lazarus fell in love with Kamna when he was 21. In his eyes, she was beautiful. No matter where she went or what did she, she was always dressed so elegantly. There was an aura of class and sophistication about her that he adored. He was a short man, standing at five foot three. Kamna, because of her Indian heritage, was a tad bit shorter than he was. It was perfect. Almost a sign that it was meant to be. Yet he knew that he could never tell her of his ancestry. That was and always had to be a secret that he never told her - or their future children. The Oberoi family would be disgusted in the idea of marrying into a family who shared the same blood as those creatures they deemed to be inferior. Kamna made have always looked stunning but the outside was far better than the inside. Her personality was rather rotten in some ways. Equality, kindness and fairness were not words she knew or cared for. She would never treat a goblin - or any of their descendent - as the same as pureblood witches and wizards.

Everything was fair in love, after all. Hiding his true identity from his wife was permitted, as long as he was faithful and loved her - right? Well that's what he did. The couple got married. They had two children: a boy and a girl. That girl is the Serena J. Towers that you all know and love and hate.

Present -
Serena may not know of her goblin ancestry but her shared some similar traits to her father. She had slightly pointy ears, though she never really noticed them. Mostly because she was a child who did not really care so much about appearances or pay attention to them. She was not even aware that people did that. Besides, her long hair covered them so no one really saw them. She was actually rather tall. At least, compared to some of her friends. Serena was friends with people like Eris Fawley, Delilah Stewart and Rosie Parker - and she was far taller than them.

The girl was 4 ft 10 right now, which was rather decent among her friends for some reason. She was rather pleased with her height and was aiming to be the tallest witch there was.
June 2019

Dear Diary,

Today someone asked me to think about the future and name three things I would be when I was older. I replied:
1. I'll be smarter than Stavrou.
2. I'll be taller than Stavrou.
3. I'll be alive.

So far, Stavrou and I both have an O average so I'm going to count that as a win. I'll earn more house points than her soon enough. But she's like already taller than me and it's dumb. I need to beat her. I swear I was taller than her as a kid. I want to be six foot at least so people take me more seriously.

One day. Watch it. Mark my words.

Serena J. Towers

In her blissful ignorance, she had no idea that her genetics worked against her. She would never be six foot. Heck, she would never be more than five foot three and that, sadly, would be her glass ceiling.

She knew nothing of her father’s job. It was an unknown career that simply involved a lot of travelling - and a lot of money. Serena knew she was rich, she was simply told not to ask how. A part of her believed that the money came from doing something bad, which is why her mother or father did not tell her. In fact, her mother also thought the money was from questionable methods, such as theft, and therefore, she never once questioned Lazarus. The truth was, however, he was just part-goblin. He allowed his wife to assume he did something bad if it kept her quiet. As far as Serena was concerned, her dad did something that meant he had to disappear randomly and was not always present. He had to sneak around sometimes and be quiet. But he was a good father so, she never really questioned it during her childhood.

Serena will start to find out about her goblin ancestry in the Summer Holidays, going into third year. She does not have any goblin abilities nor access to the language until this has been roleplayed out. In character, this takes place when she’s thirteen.
WC: 1580
Stamina: 5
Evasion: 9
Wisdom: 11
Arcane Power: 4
Accuracy: 10

Part-Goblin | Evasive Maneuvers | Beastmaster | Paragon of Health
Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 17 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 15 | Arcane Power: 10 | Accuracy: 15
5 Jul 2019, 22:07
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Béatrice Lydursdattir

Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Calming Presence

Béatrice was born as the oldest of three sisters into a family that some would define as poor. They were however rich in their bindings. Their father and mother both were prominent figures in her life and they both were the best example that money was not everything. Béatrice had learnt alot from them and treasures every memory. She would, years later, still remember the silent evenings during winter, when the sun would never rise. They all would listen to the stories their father would tell them, while their eyes were closed and their imagination ran wild. Béatrice had learnt to listen; and listen is what she would be best at.

During her school years she would rather listen to others than speak herself. She was barely twelve years old and just a first year, when she first would be visited. It had been a dorm mate and she just had gotten a bad grade. Béatrice can still remember her red and puffy cheeks.

More would follow. There were always stories to be told, experiences to be shared. Some of them were of happy nature and Béatrice would then laugh with them and share the fun, making the other appreciated. Some of these stories were sad, but even then Béatrice would listen, offer a hug, a kind word or just her presence in order to make the other feel not alone. It would sometimes just take seconds or it would take hours, Béatrice didn't mind as long as the other felt better; and they usually would. 

During her last year at school it was well known that she was the best listener or the good angel as some of the younger students called her. Not just her friends would come to tell her about their worries. Other students would come to her as well and during rare occasions even the teachers. The fear of not passing the exams was just as present as unrequited love. 

After school she knew she would continue to listen, she couldn't imagine to do anything else so she startet to wander around. She visited other villages and cities, always in search for stories and people naturally were drawn to her. Soon after she had entered an Inn people would gather around her and leave the Inn hours later feeling better, just by spending time with her. Seeing them all leav her with lighter heart became the reason of her existence and she never once regreted her decision to devote her life to others. During her life she had heard hundreds of love stories, stories about existential fear or simple money issues and although her ears aren't as good as they once were, she still offers a sincere smile or an honest word. 

WC 470
Stats:
Stamina: 1
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 6
Arcane Power: 25
Wisdom: 30
EDIT 03.06.20 Old stats, stats have changed to new system.

Skelfr Yggdrasils askr standandi
ymr it aldna tré, en jötunn losnar
6 Jul 2019, 00:01
First Year
Dhampir (Already Approved)
Second Year
Name of Ability you Are Applying for|
Perfectionist

Why this fits my character|
River Florian Dewlight was always a perfectionist. Ever since she began doing anything by herself, she was going to do it just right, no matter what it was. If she needed to fold some towels, the corners would always meet up perfectly, and if she was colouring, she never ever coloured outside of the lines. In River’s mind, there was no point in doing anything, unless you could be the best at it, and perfect at it too. She was willing to put in insane amounts of practice and work to get everything she attempted, absolutely mistake-proof.

When she started dancing at the age of four, she would always strive to have every single little movement right on the correct part of the music. When she began drawing and painting, she would work on a piece for hours upon hours, to make that one tiny part just right. If she couldn’t do it, there was no point in keeping the piece, and she’d throw it away and attempt again util she got it perfect.

The fear of faliure was a reliability, a weakness. River needed to get rid of that fear, she needed to make verything she did bullet proof. Every single time she’d failed any of her projects, it was a constant reminder that there is no point in doing anythingif it’s not going to be perfect. All your work will have been for nothing.

As soon as River heard of Hogwarts, all her brain could possibly focus on, was that she was going to learn as much as was possible, during her time there. She would read every book, do every homework, learn every spell, and know all about every area of magic she could. She would work hard, not only on the practical parts of magic, but she’d do everything she could to understand how things fit together. How it all works, and how things might go wrong. Then, she’d eliminate one possibility of failiure after the other, until everything was perfect.

Still, she could see those around her learning and managing new spells, way faster, and with more ease than herself. She didn’t like it, not one single bit. This wasn’t what she came here for, it wasn’t what she wanted. Her spells would be fragile, they would break, and fail. Every spell that she could not manage, was another reason to work harder. River knew she’d need to work a lot more to perfect these newly found skills of hers. And work she would.

Spending hours upon hours practicing spells, incantations, wand-movements, reading every single tiny detail about every single spell. She would make her magic bullet proof, or at least as bullet proof as the others around her had their magic.
Every new spell they learned, she’d work on over and over again, until she could do it without thinking too much about it. Until they rarely failed. Until they were as perfect as she could possibly get them. Because she needed to be the best, to be perfect.
WC | 505
Stats
Stamina| 7
Evasion| 5
Strength| 4
Wisdom| 8
ArcPower| 4
Accuracy| 7

Curiosity Killed the Cat
| STA: 7 | EVA: 6 | STR: 4 | WIS: 10 | ARC: 6 | ACC: 7 | Dhampir & Perfectionist