History

Personality

Appearance

Family

Relationships

Trunk

RPGs

Extras

HUGE credits to Amber Wood for letting me be the only one to use her layout!

⁃ designed by Amber Wood since we know each other in real life and she kindly offered her help, thank you! -
Last edited by Shawn Darlington on 7 Jul 2019, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

trust the magic of true beginnings.
send me an owl if you want to RP! :)

27 Aug 2018, 08:46
Shawn Darlington | Second Year | Hufflepuff

Full Name: Shawn Alexander Darlington

Pronunciation: Sh-AW-n    Aa-lig-s-AA-n-d-er    Dar-ling-ten

Nicknames: just Shawn

Birthday: February 19, 2007

Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Nationality: Portuguese/Canadian/English

Residence: Oxford, England

Blood Status: Pure-blood

House: Hufflepuff

Personality Type: ISFJ

Wand: 22,3 cm, pear wood, troll whisker, inflexible, very balanced

School Year: Second

Patronus: Unknown

Species: Human

signature

Before his sister was born, his mother was told that she could not have children. Nevertheless, she still tried and tried until a miracle happened - she got pregnant. That’s why she named her first child Amari, meaning “miracle of God”. Then, a couple of years later, the same thing happened again - although this time she would give birth to a boy who would later be named Shawn, meaning “God is gracious”.

His middle name Alexander was given to him because it means “defender of man” and his parents have always wanted him to be a leader and protector one day, which also fits his personality type.

Last edited by Shawn Darlington on 7 Jul 2019, 11:00, edited 3 times in total.

27 Aug 2018, 09:05

February 19, 2007

Reducio
That day, Shawn was born.

July 7th, 2009

Reducio
Read below about his first signs of magic.

March 29, 2011

Reducio
At the age of 4 he flew his first broom and wanted to become a Quidditch player ever since.

December 25, 2011

Reducio
Shawn got his own broom (a toy broomstick for children which is safer than a real one) for Christmas.

Summer 2013

Reducio
His father showed the boy the different Quidditch player positions and let Shawn try all of them. They came to the conclusion that Beater or Keeper would suit him best.

December 25, 2014

Reducio
He received an owl, which he named Scruffy, for Christmas.

May 3, 2015

Reducio
That day was a very sad one since their cat Jasmine died.

September 1, 2015

Reducio
It was his sister’s first day of school and they took her to Platform 9¾.

October 30, 2015

Reducio
Shawn started collecting Chocolate Frog cards.

April 12, 2016

Reducio
He and his Dad went to a Quidditch match for the first time. Although it was raining cats and dogs, they were having a great time.

January 1, 2017

Reducio
Shawn and his family spent New Year’s Eve in Portugal with his far relatives.

January 1, 2018

Reducio
That time they spent their New Year in Canada with his not-so-far relatives.

Summer 2018

Reducio
When he received his letter, his parents were very proud of him and pleased that he had been accepted.

September 1, 2018

Reducio
Just like every other first-year, Shawn has been looking forward to his first day of school for ages. He especially cannot wait for Quidditch tryouts because he wants to play as a Beater or as a Keeper for his house.

Shawn was sorted into Hufflepuff (because of his inner qualities), although he wanted to be a Gryffindor. To be honest, he is quite ashamed of being sorted into this house, since his sister will probably laugh at him and his parents will be disappointed.

Since he comes from a pure-blood family, his parents had had no doubt about him being a wizard as well. However, they received real ‘proof’ when he was about 2 years old and managed to flood the whole house with his tears (his teddy bear was nowhere to be found and he was very upset).

Shawn comes from a rather famous but also notorious family of pure-blood wizards which are respected by other wizard families but also seem to frighten them into doing so. This may be because of his Portuguese ancestors, who were rumoured about helping the Dark Lord gain power all over the world. While this may be true, Shawn and his close relatives would NEVER do such a thing. Still, they like remaining in a certain power.

Despite his families reputation and them seeming so perfect to the outer eye, they are actually quite ‘weak’ (but loving) and have their own problems inside the family.

27 Aug 2018, 09:14

Since Shawn comes from a rich family, he is used to getting everything handed to him on a silver platter. He is also used to everyone respecting him and wanting to be friends with him because of his status. However, he desperately yearns for someone who actually cares about him, about the real him.

He always acts like the extroverted, confident, arrogant, most popular guy but actually this is just a mask to hide his loving, protective and ‘weak’ self.

Let’s talk about the way he presents himself to other people first, shall we?

He often tries to be like his older sister - cold-hearted, independent and looked up to by many others with deep admiration and fright. Shawn manages to act like he is the ‘strong’ one to hide his true feelings.

In fact, he is actually the most loving person on earth. He is kind, sweet and a hopeless romantic - which he is kind of embarrassed of which is why he doesn’t show it.

Shawn is charming and attractive, both when he plays the cold leader and when he shows his true self.

Furthermore, he is quite spontaneous and likes trying new things. As an ambitious person his life is devoted to investigations into the unknown.

With his abilities to learn, analyze, and seek out answers to life's important questions, Shawn has the potential for enormous growth and success in life.
Although his father wants him to become an Auror one day, Shawn wants  to either be a famous Quidditch player or to help other people by being a Mediwizard.

While he may seem very extroverted, he is actually introverted and enjoys spending time alone. As a result, he finds it hard to open up to others and to keep close relationships, which may also be because he needs to find and ‘create’ himself before getting close to other people.

Secretly, he may feel jealous of the easy relationships formed by others and of those people who are more free to express themselves.

While finding his real self and becoming comfortable with it, he needs to learn how to balance his independence with his social life, meaning he needs to find out how to maintain his independence without feeling isolated.

confident - loving - kind - sweet - protective - charming - attractive - spontaneous - ambitious - adventurous - curious - smart - analyst

hopeless romantic - introverted - acts like he is strong and untouchable, but is actually not

finds it hard to open up and to keep relationships - still in the progress of finding himself - used to a lot of things which me be a barrier for him as he grows older - puts on a mask to hide his true self from others, although partly from himself, as well, because he doesn’t want to accept it

27 Aug 2018, 09:18

Skin Colour: bisque, light to medium

Hair: dark brown, short, wavy

Eye Colour: moss green, sometimes a bit brownish

Other Features: bright smile, perfect teeth, rosy cheeks

Build: muscular, ‘normal’

Height: 153cm (~ 5’0)

Weight: 39kg (~ 85 lbs)

Glasses: No

Fashion Style: casual (jeans and shirts)

27 Aug 2018, 09:27

Analiyah Darlington

(Slytherin) - 70 - Portuguese

born “De Lacerda”

Camille Anderson

(Hufflepuff) - 64 - Canadian

born “Williams”

Charlie Darlington

Gryffindor - 75 - British

Florence Darlington

Ravenclaw - 42 - works at the Ministry of Magic

born “Anderson”

Theo Darlington

Slytherin - 45 - Obliviator

Amari Miciela Darlington

Ravenclaw - 14 - almost landed in Slytherin

Although Shawn gets along with his sister Amari fairly well, she has always been the more-Slytherin one. While she is their Portuguese relatives’ favourite, he is their Canadian relatives’ favourite, which is because they are both very different and seem to prefer those sides of their family which resemble their personality most. Amari is clever, a bit egotistical and more cold-hearted, which is quite the opposite of Shawn’s actual character.

Regarding their parents, their mother had always favoured Shawn over Amari which deeply hurt her and turned her into what she is now.

Oddly enough, Shawn desperately craves his father’s attention which he mostly pays Amari.

27 Aug 2018, 09:33

no one

no one

✵ 

none yet

none yet

Amber Wood | Ravenclaw

don’t hesitate to send me an owl!

none yet

Last edited by Shawn Darlington on 28 Aug 2018, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

27 Aug 2018, 09:55

none

abandoned | An Empty Hallway

Last edited by Shawn Darlington on 7 Jul 2019, 10:59, edited 3 times in total.

27 Aug 2018, 10:07

22,3 cm | pear wood | troll whisker| inflexible 

“very balanced, excels at healing spells as well as at hexes” 

Pear Wood: 

Reducio
This golden-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their best in the hands of the warm-hearted, the generous and the wise. Possessors of pear wands are, in my experience, usually popular and well-respected. I do not know of a single instance where a pear wand has been discovered in the possession of a Dark witch or wizard. Pear wands are among the most resilient, and I have often observed that they may still present a remarkable appearance of newness, even after many years of hard use.

Troll Whisker:

Reducio
Troll whiskers are the facial hairs of trolls. A magical substance, they can be used as wand cores, though in modern times it is considered an inferior substance to Garrick Ollivander's three Supreme Cores. The wand of Sir Cadogan was rumoured to have contained a troll whisker core.

Generally unused in the modern wizarding world, trolls have just enough magic to make their hairs a passable wand core. They tend to be extremely unpredictable and capable of great violence, making them comfortable partners for those that enjoy battle, no matter their intents.

unknown

school broom

none

This may be quite unusual, but Shawn is afraid of tomatoes because of one of his - very real - nightmares which he had had as a kid (about a monster tomato which chased him and tried to eat him).

It would smell like juicy, sweet chocolate cake, maple syrup, new broomsticks and the woodsy scent of the forests in Canada.