Nationality: Pakistani
Religion: Islam
Wand: 23,4 cm blackthorn wood and dragon heartstring
School Year: First.
Patronus: None yet.
Species: Human, witch.
Appearance: The following:
Reducio

Basic: Dot has a tall figure, adorned with long, lustrous dark brown hair that fall straight at her back, usually styled as her signature half-pony style. Her eyes are big and a majestic black, always shining with curiosity and stubbornness. Dot's small lips, which have an ever-present natural orange tint to them, fits her creamy olive color perfectly. Her nose is like her lips, too: small, round, button nose - in fact, she got her name Dot because her nose was like a dot!
Clothing: Dot wears whatever she finds comfortable. This usually includes soft t-shirts with jeans, or simple shalwaar kameez. Dot might find a designed dress with laces and buttons beautiful, and might even wear it for and hour or two, but as soon as the dress starts to bug her, she needs to change it and 'get comfy comfy'. She doesn't have likening to any one color when it comes to clothes, but she finds the colors black, blue and brown nice enough, and would never wear the color orange or yellow unless she really, really likes the clothes.
Voice: Dot's voice is sort of high-pitched. On a scale of one till ten, one being really deep and ten being super high-pitched, Dot stands at six and half. She talks fairly loud, almost shouting every word she says, though unlike many people believe, she is capable of whispering.
Other: Dot has no freckles, acne or pimples at the age, but she has a small black mole on her right wrist, a birthmark which was there as long as Dot can remember. She takes no other accessories, like glasses or lens, yet at the age.
History/Background Story: The following:
Reducio

Pre-history

Under construction currently

A Child At The Orphanage

Dot was found by Jane Austraige on the doorsteps of the Silk Orphanage on the evening of sixteenth February, when she was exactly one year old. She had been sleeping soundly in a small, woven fruit basket, clutching a pack in her small hands. Upon opening that pack, Austraige had found two documents inside it; the submission form of the Orphanage, filled except for the names of the parents and parents' information, and a note. The note read,
We're going to die, and we have no one left who's alive. Please take care of her.
~ the Dutts
Reading this, the staff took mercy on the small child who was left alone in winters, and admitted her in the orphanage. Austraige, who was a nurse at the orphanage, took a special likening to Dot. Looking at the small, button nose of Dot's, Austraige named her. But later, the head at the place found the name improper, and forced Austraige to change it. Austraige spent some time finding names that started with 'dot', so when Dot will grow up she could use the nickname. She found the name Dotereenaneen from an old Greek baby name book, which the head, who had been born and lived in Greece all her childhood, found this name acceptable, and this is how Dot got her name.

Early Years At Orphanage

Dot learned how to speak, walk, draw and live at the orphanage, by Austraige. As each year passed and Dot started to grow up, Austraige found more and more affection for the little girl, until she completely fell in love. Each week, Austraige herself would buy a small chocolate for Dot and sneak it to her room, which was a small crampy place with seven girls each. When it was late at night and the staff was asleep, Austraige used to fetch Dot and start to talk to her, try to teach her to speak. She showed her some picture books she bought, naming each thing in it and making Dot repeat.
Slowly, Dot grew up. Everyday, she would watch as the sweet children got adopted by rich families, waiting when her time would come. She would dress nicely and comb her hair, and would talk to each adoptive parent very sweetly, but none of them found her interesting. They would say some polite apology, or make a lame excuse, and leave with other children. Then Dot would go to Austraige and cry in her chest, saying nobody loved her, and Austraige would stroke Dot's hair gently, murmuring that only special people can love a special girl.
This way, time passed, and then finally a family came and adopted her.

The Salehs

Dot was eight when it happened. She was in the kitchen with Austraige, helping her, while families came to the orphanage and look for children to adopt. She had deleted the idea of being adopted from her head since she turned seven, and started focusing on other things. While Austraige was preparing for the evening porridge, a tall and beautiful woman stepped in the kitchen, well dressed and nourished. She asked Dot for water, in a honey sweet voice. Dot replied with a polite answer Austraige had taught her and filled a glass for the woman. The woman drank it and thanked Dot, and she replied politely once again. Then the woman questioned her, asking things like her name, her age, and Dot answered her questions one by one. Soon, they were making a conversation, and somewhere between that time, the woman decided that she liked Dot.
The next week, she was at the Pakistani woman's home, meeting her new family. Akber Saleh, her dad. Maria Saleh, her mom. Tahir and Tariq Saleh, also adopted twins, aged 15, her brothers. And Sara Saleh, Akber and Maria's only real child, a two-year-old baby girl.

Growing Up

The Dutts accepted Dot like one of their own and gave her love, but she still missed Jane Austraige, who had become like a mother to her. With special permission, Dot went to meet Austraige every week. The Salehs even let Dot keep her the name Austraige and her real parents gave her, after Dot cried and told that her first name and last name were the only things Dot had from those who loved her. Slowly, Dot was taught the family's language, Urdu. By the time Dot turned eleven, she could speak fluently in both English and Urdu.

Dot's Magic Moment

It happened one day while Dot was sitting with her family at the dining table, having a plate full of a Pakistani dish called Biryani. Unknown to her, it was also the day when she was about to get her acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
She sat on her chair, taking mouthfuls of her favorite dish as the twins - Tariq and Tahir - continued to annoy her. She had complained to Mr and Mrs Saleh a few times, but they weren't listening - there was a very special gathering on the part of Mr Saleh that both the adults had to attend; a gathering for the company they worked for that included the heads and coworkers and their families two days later.
As they chatted away, Dot swatted the twins away. Sometime, Tahir would tug on her ponytail and sometime, Tariq would mess up with her fingers, pulling on them until she slapped him on the arm. But then, both the twins got another idea.
Tahir quickly got hold of Dot's cold drink and drank half of it up. This caused Dot to get from very irritated to very angry, and ran and chase him around the house, waiting to get her hands on him and beat him to death (not really, of course).
But just as she sprouted up after him, Tariq got hold of her plate of Biryani - which was her only plate, since the Salehs had ordered it from a nearby restaurant and told them everybody got one pack (the twins were getting really naughty and had started to waste the food, so the Salehs were taking up action) - and threw the whole plate of it down.
Dot watched it all. In slow motion. Her plate of her favorite food ever fell down and crashed on the floor, as the meal in it sprouted in different directions a little while before the china debris of the plate followed it.
All of her food down, in a matter of seconds.
Tariq, Tahir, Akber, Fozia, Sahira - all were quiet.
And then Akber got up - probably to ground the twins for the rest of their lives - but he stopped right there.
The moment was reversing, except for the people. The tiny pieces of china of her plate started to get together, the grains of rice came back on her plate (new and without a speck of dirt) and the plate settled on the table, as new as before.
Everybody gaped at it in an expression that consisted of horror, shock and disbelief.
And then the twins fell down on the ground on their rear ends, suddenly glued to the ground. This somehow broke the shock, and Mrs Saleh rushed to Tahir, the twin nearest to her, and tried to get him on his feet.
In vain.
The nest few hours, they tried to get the kids to stand up, but they couldn't. Their ends were glued to the ground, and they couldn't stand up.
Mr and Mrs Saleh kept glancing at each other with worried looks, and then at Dot, as if she had done something.
All the while, Dot stood in a corner, watching silently, an eerie calm settled on her.
The twins couldn't stand up until Dot tried to help them. She went to them after a few hours and tried to help them up. They stood up in her first attempt.
Akber Saleh was watching all this. As soon as the twins got up and the parents stopped fussing over them, Akber got Dot by the arm and took her aside.
In harsh whispers, he told her, "Listen up, Dot. I remember now. I remember. This must be it. You must be his."
"What, baba?" Said Dot, her calm breaking up and switching places with nervousness.
He shook his head continuously, muttering to himself. A full minute was gone before he addressed her again. "The moment I heard your last name, I knew I was forgetting something. Dutt. I knew it was something I should've known. Dutt. Of course. Dutt. Dutt. That's Dumplin's last name. I knew him. You're a witch, Dot. No, no - I'm not swearing at you. You're a witch. A sorceress. How could I not know? Dumplin was one real ambitious man. All his life, he didn't invent anything actually worthy, but his spirit - he never gave up. Never. Until he died by one of his own inventions. His story was on front page of the Daily Prophet.
And you're his daughter. Or his relative, maybe. That explains. Totally..."
In that manner, he continued to babble for minutes, until Dot built up the courage to ask her what was going on.
He took her by the arm and got her back to the dining room, where everyone was settled in states of half shock half disbelief.
There, Akber began spilling out. First, about the Wizarding World. A little about the society, small details about different big stuff. Then he began on himself. How he was born in a pure-blood family, and how they disowned him when they discovered he was a squib. He told his own tale of life.
The reason the family started to half believe him was because he never lied. Akber was a serious man - no jokes, no lies.
It took him two hours to tell his tale, and after it was done, the Hogwarts acceptance letter arrived.
Being in a shocked and confused state, his family continued to nod absently on everything Akber told them about Hogwarts and invitation letters.
After they finally started to understand, the Salehs (with the obvious exception of Mr Saleh) tried to avoid and ignore the topic of 'wizardry' and 'magic'.

Hogwarts First-Year

Currently under construction

DETAILED
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Lucky numbers: 4, 8, 13, 17, 22, 26

Interests:
Roleplaying: Roleplaying is one of Dot's top favorite hobbies, both the boardgame kind, and the online kind (online being a Muggle word). She was introduced to Dungeons & Dragons, a popular board game in Muggles' community, when she was only eight, and had developed a strong passion for the game in the three follow-up years. Besides D&D, Dot does not appreciate other fantasy games, and like to stick to science-fiction most. Not getting much attention at online roleplays, Dot stick to the board games the best.

Writing: Dot started out writing stupid, two hundred words stories when she was still with her orphanage best friend and guide, Jane Austraige, who taught her how to write using pencils and paper. Growing up now, she likes fiction writing a lot, although it can't be listed in her top favorite hobbies. Yet.

Reading: Another top-favorite hobby of Dot's. Dot reads widely in both fiction and nonfiction, preferring fiction more, and Muggle fiction on top of it. She loves science-fiction novels, and is willing to give as much as fifty Galleons to find a nice, long Muggle science-fiction novel that would be worth the money and time. Her favorite series include The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, The Maze Runner series by James Dashner and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. When not wanting to read hard books, Dot moves to comedy chick-lits, like Girl Online by Zoe Sugg and/or the Princess Diaries.

Studying: Dot is always, always hungry for more knowledge, be it anything from mysterious myths to common discoveries. She likes to study science and history better if compared to other Muggle subjects.

Gardening: There's something about the smell of fresh soil and the bright green color of plants that always attracts Dot like a butterfly. She loves her Herbology class a lot, and usually get the top marks always. May it be weeding, planting, getting a plot ready for planting, gardening is Dot's thing and is in her 'best hobbies ever' list.

Strengths: Under construction

Weaknesses:
Physical weakness: Dot is not very good with sports, since she has somewhat weak bones.
Sensitive: Dot is highly vulnerable to criticism, humiliation and insults, although she tries to hide the fact as much as she can.
➾ Rest under construction

Personality type: INFJ personality.

Personality traits:
Friendly, approachable: Dot is fairly friendly looking, with a helping expression etched on her face twenty four seven that attracts any nervous introverts with questions. It doesn't take long for Dot to make friendships, and make friendships deep.

Honest: As long as Dot remembered, she hadn't lied or faked anything without having a special reason for doing so. She dislikes fake people, but also sympathize for them, and if you're close enough to her, she can help to bring the inner you out on display.

Intelligent, smart: One of Dot's all-time favorite hobbies include studying, which gives her intense joy. She loves knowing different things, especially the mysterious stuff, like Jinns (creature from her religion), or the stuff that surrounds her and is part of her everyday life, like the Earth. The outer space has a special place in her dictionary, and she was always inspired and awed by the bright stars and beautiful galaxies.

Stubborn: Although Dot is a very good listener, almost nothing makes her change a decision she's set her foot on. If everything in front of her is clear and planned out enough, she's unstoppable, no matter how much you try to talk her into it.

Creative, dreamer: Dot is a fan of what her creative juices can work together to come up with. She always has unthought ideas and plans around her head.

Organized: Being organized is an important factor of life. Even the eight-year-old self of her always kept the textbooks in one side of her backpack, notebooks in other, stationary in a seperate side, away from the last zipper for her food and snacks. And doesn't end on packing bags for Muggle school; no, before doing anything, she pulls a detailed plan of exactly how she's going to do it, replanning again and again until she's absolutely that her plan is perfect.

Determined, passionate: The saying 'live to fight another day' suits perfectly over here. Dot is a hardworker, not easily distracted from her path. To her, difficulties are levels of games - figure it out, and it will be easy. Then fight is, and earn experience points that will save you from another same encounter.

Caring, loving: Dot may appear aloof and uncaring sometimes, but if she knows you closely, she cares for you deeply, and go to lengths for you. She may not be protective a lot, but she can always shift from her comfort zone to help someone she cares for.

Perfectionist: This one trait is not necessarily in favor with Dot. She is insecure if she doesn't find something created by her not going to perfect lengths. For example, getting an E grade in any class would cause her to spend hours in frustration, although she rarely gets an E (it's always an O) because she works hard in every field, always trying to make her work perfect.

Restless: This is for times when Dot hasn't has a goal to look forward to only. She gets irritated, frustrated and severely angry if she cannot find something to do. Being bored has a total different meaning for her.

Common sayings:
➾ "When I die, I want to offer free WiFi in my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."
➾ "Hmph. I don't think inside the box. I don't think outside the box, either. Heck, I don't even know where the Box is."
➾ "Well, to speak, I'm not insulting you. I'm just describing you."
➾ "I'm sorry I can't focus on the moment. My brain has too many tabs open."
➾ "Don't worry, pal. Zombies eat brains. You're safe."
➾ "My personal wallet is like an onion. Opening it makes me cry."

TIMELINE
September, 2018

01st September, 2018: Dot gets sorted and, shocked on the house Hat chose for her, went directly to sleep after dinner.

02nd September, 2018: Dot started her day bumping in a guy named Ahkar Haik, whom she thought was the masked man and got terrified. After the breakfast, she went to study by the Lake and met Attumn Murphy, a seriously clumsy girl who bumped herself in a rock about a hundred times and Dot had to take her to Hospital Wing, after which she went to Library to do some novel-reading and met three nice bookworm people she chatted with. Later at evening, in common room, she met a proud girl named Anastasia Beckett when trying to write to Headmaster to ask for a change in house.

03rd September, 2018: Day started with lessons, and Dot did nothing much the day except for meet a few new people, including Clarke Laredo when they were in common room, she writing to her parents and he doing his Charms homework.

04th September, 2018: Nothing much happened besides the classes and her meeting Hestia Montgomery and James Forrest when she went to Owlery to receive a parcel from her parents, which was her favorite roleplaying game Dungeons and Dragons.

05th September, 2018: After the potions class, Dot met Anastasia from a few nights ago again. Everything went good until Anastasia's purist cousin Lydia came around and Anastasia and Dot ended up in a detention by Edric Banes, the Slytherin prefect.

06th September, 2018: Dot served the detention with Anastasia, which went good except for the occasional snapping exchanged between the two girls. After detention and a long, hot shower, Dot slept for some time and woke up an hour before Astronomy class, where she met and got partnered with Lara Youngblood, a Slytherin opposite of Lydia.

07th September, 2018: Dot met with Anastasia at Great Hall, during breakfast time. They apologized to each other and got a bit of little close by sharing deep stuff. Later the evening, Dot met Landon Riley at the Study Room and helped him with the super hard Astronomy homework, and became somewhat friends. After the dinner, Dot went to the common room to rest a little, and ended up having a conversation with Rorie Thompson, a nice Gryffindor.

Rest to be updated and continued...

October, 2018

To be updated soon...
Last edited by Dot Dutt on 3 Oct 2018, 19:01, edited 12 times in total.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."

20 Aug 2018, 09:49
Dot Dutt || First Year || Gryffindor
RELATIONSHIPS
Muggles' World

01. Maria Saleh: Adoptive mother
02. Akber Saleh: Adoptive father
03. Tahir and Tariq Salehs: Adoptive (twin) brothers
04. Sahara Saleh: Adoptive baby sister.
05. Jane Austraige: Loving orphanage nurse

First Year, Hogwarts

01. Anastasia Beckett: Future best friend.
02. Lara Youngblood: AstroPal (Astronomy class's partner).
03. Marian Lynch: Gamer friend.
04. Muriel Corall: Gamer friend.
05. Amanda Sparrow: Gamer friend.
06. Masika Morales: Dormmate, leader of the World Cultures Club which Dot has joined.
07. Lucien Escanora: Member of W.C.C (World Cultures Club).
08. Hestia Montgomery: Met in Owlery and helped with homework.
09. James Forrest: Met in Owlery, seems nice.
10. Edric Banes: Met and interacted with during detention.
11. Elena Jangleton: Dorm-mate.
12. Clarke Laredo: Met in common room.
13. Attumn Murphy: Met at Great Lake.
14. Aurelia Beizuidenhout: Member of W.C.C, fellow writer.
15. Avery Gardner: Met in library.
16. Liliafax Tinderly: Met in library.
17. Cecily Queen: Met in library.
18. Landon Riley: Met in study room, helped with Astronomy homework.
19. Rorie Thompson: Met in common room, had a conversation.
Last edited by Dot Dutt on 3 Oct 2018, 19:02, edited 5 times in total.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."