Sign in

30 May 2018, 02:27
Maisy Dane - Second Year, Slytherin

KIND | DILIGENT | NAIVE | CARELESS

⋄Full Name: Maisy Elizabetta Dane
⋄House: Slytherin
⋄Year: Second
⋄Wand: Cherry wood with Dragon heartstring
⋄Nicknames: Mais (Pronounced Maze); Little Bird (father)
⋄Birthday: May 14th
⋄Zodiac Sign: Taurus
⋄Blood Status: Muggle born
⋄Species: Human
⋄Patronus: NA till 6th year

Maisy is a sprig of a girl, skinny and frail, with gangly limbs and long, willowy fingers, nails hopelessly devastated from an unfortunate habit of biting. She is all her mother's blondes and father's blues, and while she's fairly pretty, thick brows, slighly wide front teeth and an unfortunate relationship with coordination allow for humility.

Maisy grew up with her family in Elm Wood, Norwich, the youngest of five and only the third Norwich Dane to recieve a letter.

Beyond this, Maisy lives the life of a typical eleven year old; dolls and dancing, skinned knees and sneaking sweets. She can be pretty, or messy... soft, or steel. She possesses a vivacious and optimistic attitude towards life (and why not? She is, after all, so young), a girly laugh and a surprisingly impressive throwing arm.

Maisy's father, Michael, works as a carpenter in a small family owned business, her mother, Alice, keeping house and making soaps and scrubs on the side. Her eldest sibling is Charles and beneath him are Hennley, August and Mary.

Apart from Maisy, the only living witches or wizards in the Dane family are her great grandmother, Nora Dane, and her estranged uncle William. Maisy learned of this only after her parents discovered her letter, and Maisy remains incidentally wary, but ultimately enthusiastic about the road ahead of her.

UPDATE || During her first year at Hogwarts, Maisy managed to make good friends with quite a few students - but the highlights of the year were unfortunately clouded by the presence of an older Slytherin boy, bullying Maisy for her blood status.

By the end of the year, however, with the help of a Slytherin Prefect, Maisy was able to confront her bully - and with excitement, she steps forward into Second Year.

Maisy Dane is not what one would expect in a Slytherin, to say the least. It is not her gentle nature or kind, compassionate spirit alone, that set her apart from many of her housemates - but the very fact that there appears to be not a single trace of cunning or ambition in the girl... Yet what others might see as a flaw, Maisy views as something different, entirely.

For in her lack of understanding, she finds curiosity. For her lack of slyness, she finds honesty. Her heart is an open story, the pages of which are filled with joy and excitement, and there doesn't appear to be much at all that can put her off her disposition.
STRENGTHS
  • Charismatic
  • Kind
  • Compassionate
  • Honest
FLAWS
  • Naive
  • Lost
  • Emotional
  • Stubborn
Last edited by Maisy Dane on 13 Jun 2018, 15:05, edited 5 times in total.

30 May 2018, 02:32

PARENTS ||

Father | Michael Dane (38); Carpenter
Mother | Alice Lyon-Dane (36); Homemaker

Michael Dane met Alice Lyon in their senior year of high school. Alice, the youngest daughter of a well-to-do bank owner, had never before dared to defy her father's expectations. So when Michael announced his intentions to date Alice, the aristocratic socialite was hardly swayed.

Michael, however, proved to be an intensely persistent man, and in the end, wooed Alice with his often times ridiculous and overthetop gestures of affection. Neither of them could have predicted the backlash this would cause for Alice, but by the time her family got wind of their relationship, so beyond the fragile lace-like beginnings were that not even the threat of being disowned could separate them.

Alice left home at eighteen, and within a month, she and Michael were secretly married. The first several years of their marriage were difficult ones, wrought with struggle, but in the end no striving could outlast their love for one another, and since then, nothing ever has.

SIBLINGS ||

Charles Dane (17)

Charles Michael Dane, or Charlie, as he's more commonly known is the eldest Dane child. Born a few years after his mother and father's whirlwind union, Charlie was always an ambitious boy, even as a child. A senior in high school, he spends a good portion of his time on his studies and his girlfriend, Amanda, but even with the weight of these factors on his shoulders, he's always managed to maintain a bright, pleasant disposition.

Recently, however, Charlie's attitude has become increasingly more closed off and irritable, and while he seems inclined to keep his issues private, they seem to reflect a new source of stress in his life.

Henley & August Dane (15)

Auggie and Henley are twins, born to Michael and Alice. Precocious troublemakers, they have something of a temperamental relationship, either peas in the same pod, or at each other's throats. Auggie is a rugby player, while Henley prefers football.

Mary Dane (13)

Maisy is closest with Mary, the pair nearly inseparable. Mary was initially devastated when Maisy was sent her letter to Hogwarts, but after a few weeks, took to the idea like a duck to water, deciding it was just 'too cool' that her sister would be learning magic.

Mary is mature for her age - perhaps too mature - and has a rather pessimistic outlook to most things - contrary to Maisy's unfailing optimism.

MISC ||

Pringle (4) Beddlington terrier

Pringle is Maisy's dog -a full breed Beddlington terrier, rescued from an unfortunate situation an raised in in the Dane household. He's quite lazy and a little fat, but loves Maisy more than anything.

Friends ||

---The Wise------------------------------------------

Yvaine de Sauvetter

---The Kind------------------------------------------

Constantine Babbitt
John Johns

---The Bold------------------------------------------

Elizabeth Summers

---The Wily------------------------------------------

Khris Bailey
Fiona Collins
Edric Banes
Cynthia Seawright

Fellow Prefects

Kyden Goodlow
Bella Hills
Sebastian Leeds
Last edited by Maisy Dane on 12 Jun 2018, 04:20, edited 3 times in total.

30 May 2018, 02:34

A Small Meeting | A PV with Yvaine de Sauvetter
Maisy is sorted into Slytherin, an unexpected development which leaves her crying in the Small Hall. Some encouraging words from a Ravenclaw boy give her hope for the school year, and a fast friend.

The Dormitory of Katie Rayknolls

Maisy meets her roommates and bonds with one over their uncertainty about Slytherin's unfortunate reputation

Great Lengths for Pokemon | A PV with Yvaine

Maisy and Eevee hit the library in search of a way to get Eevee's Nintendo up and running at Hogwarts. They have no luck, but discover a wealth of exciting things, anyway!

A Quiet Place to Read | A group RP with John John, Elizabeth Summers and Khris Bailey

Piled down by way too many books, Maisy just about kills herself on the way back to her dorm. Lucky for her, she finds some new friends, willing to help shoulder the load.

A Little Uneasy | A short PV with Mia Alexander

While studying in the Common Rooms, Maisy is handed a mysterious note, the contents of which don't bode well for her year at Hogwarts.

Dear Basilisk | A solo piece

Determined not to let the note she received dampen her time at school, Maisy sends a letter to the Basilisk in hopes of disarming her house's unfortunate view of Muggle-borns.

Seclusion | A PV with Cynthia Seawright

Maisy runs into another first year in the Common Room and the two bond over talking about their families. Unfortunately, only one of them is telling the truth...

A Quick Exit | A PV with Constantine Babbitt

After losing a picture in the Great Hall, Maisy becomes incredibly distraught... But the photo is quickly returned by a Hufflepuff boy and he and Maisy quickly bond over their love for dogs.

Slytherin House Cup Party | Group RP - Slytherin

Maisy joins the Slytherin House Party in celebrating their win of the House Cup.

Head in the Clouds | A PV with Edric Banes

A chance meeting pairs Maisy with another Slytherin boy, and they bond over the exciting notions of flying.

Tree Trouble | A PV with Constantine Babbitt

Maisy is tricked into heading to the Whomping Willow by a group of older boys and she and Constantine make it out by the skin of their teeth...

War Waged Alone is Never Won | A PV with Constantine Babbitt

When Luke's bullying gets worse, Maisy begins to withdraw from her friends, but a chance run in with Constantine wakes her up to the folly of her decision and gives her the strength she needs to confront the older Slytherin.

Facing Fears | A PV with Sebastian Leeds

Maisy runs into her fellow Prefect, Sebastian, who gives her the courage to finally face Luke. Things don't go entirely according to plan, but in the end, Maisy learns to stand up for herself.
Last edited by Maisy Dane on 10 Jun 2018, 17:07, edited 2 times in total.

13 Jun 2018, 15:40

Class One | An Introduction to Charms
Class Two | A Levitating Experience
Class Three | Glitter and Gold

Dancing Feet Spell
Tarantallegra • used to force another person's legs to begin dancing uncontrollably.

Mending Charm
Reparo • can be used to seamlessly repair a broken object and works on most materials.

Levitation Charm
Wingardium Leviosa • Levitates the target for as long as the caster can concentrate.

Wand-Lighting Charm
Lumos • Creates a luminous light/glow on the tip of one's wand.

Counter Charm
Nox • Extinguishes the light of Lumos.

Softening Charm (Upon Graduation to Year 2)
Spongify • Causes the target to become squishy and bouncy.

Packing Charm (Upon Graduation to Year 2)
Pack • Efficiently packs a trunk or luggage.

Severing Charm (Upon Graduation to Year 2)
Diffindo • Makes a precise cut through fabric or other materials.

Tickling Charm (Upon Graduation to Year 2)
Rictusempra • Causes an extreme tickling sensation that can make someone drop to the floor with laughter.

Class One | An Introduction to Defense

Red Sparks Charm (Defense Against the Dark Arts)
Periculum • Causes a stream of red sparks to spout from the tip of the caster’s wand.

Class One | An Introduction to Transfiguration

Animal-Goblet Transformation (Transfiguration)
Vera Verto • Transforms the target animal into a water goblet.
Bird Transformation (Transfiguration)
Avifors • Turns the target into a bird.

Class One | Introduction to Potions
Class Two | Cure for the Common Cold Poison

Class One | An Introduction to Astronomy - Tychonic vs. Copernican
Class Two | Astrological Signs of Cancer, Aries, Taurus and Gemini

Class One | The Great Gargoyle Strike of 1911

Sneezing Hex (History of Magic Extra)
Steleus • Causes the target to sneeze for a period of time, used in duelling to distract the opponent.

Class One | Introduction to Herbology (Pt. 1)
Class Two | Introduction to Herbology (Pt. 2)
Class Three | Wolfsbane and Gillyweed

Fire spell
Incendio • Creates a small flame which can be used to ward off Devil's Snare.

Class One | An Introduction to Flight

Broom Incantation (Charms)
Up! • Activates the broom in order to allow for flight
CLASSES TO COME

16 Jun 2018, 17:12

Entry 9/26/18 |

Hogwarts isn't at all what I expected. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. When you get a letter by Owl that tells you you're a witch, well... you kind of have to figure the world's gonna be pretty weird. We're living in a castle. An honest to God castle! With secret passageways and towers and a dungeon... And there's ghosts! Not like... scary movie ghosts, but really neat ones that'll stop and chat with you in the halls. Except the Baron. He kind of freaks me out. He's the ghost of the House I got sorted into, Slytherin. Not sure how I feel about it, really... but everyone says that it's not as bad as all that.

I wonder though, if that's just one off those things people say to make you feel better. Like... when you get a really bad haircut and they tell you it'll grow out. Anyway... first day here, I met a really cool kid named Yvaine - he goes by Eevee, and get this... he LOVES Pokemon. Me and Eevee, we're gonna try to figure out how to get his DS up and running, but I'm not so sure it'll be possible, see... cause at Hogwarts, nothing electronic works.

But who knows, right??? Magic is pretty cool.

Entry 10/15/18 |

Homework is HARD! I can't believe that I'm doing things like spells -in- class. I totally threw my wand across the floor the first time I tried a Charm spell. Luckily the teacher is really nice, even if his spider is a little spooky. I really enjoy all of my classes, though I'm not so sure the professors like any of us very much. Except for our Flying teacher - he's great ! And kind of dreamy... ღ

Entry 10/17/18 |

So... someone gave me a letter today in the common room that... well, it wasn't very nice. I was upset at first, but I think I'm gonna try to do what Mum says and make the best of it. Still... I wish I understood what made people the way they are. Why someone would wanna threaten to make my school year bad, just because I'm not from a big wizard family like they are.

They want me to write to the Slytherin paper... but I don't know if I will or not.

Entry 10/28/18 |

I did it! I wrote to the paper. Only I didn't write what they told me to. I really hope I don't regret this... I'm kinda scared.

Entry 11/16/18 |

Hufflepuffs are the BEST! Can I just say it? I lost a picture today in the Great Hall and a Hufflepuff boy named Constantine (he told me to call him Stanley, but honestly, I really just like his regular name so much!) brought it back for me. He and his family raise these dogs... Crups, I thing he called them? Anyway, they're like magical dogs with sharp tails! I really hope I get to see one, some day!

Entry 1/09/18 |

Sorry it's been so long! Winter break came up so fast! It was so nice being home and seeing everyone. Charlie has a girlfriend! Her name is Amanda and she is SUPER pretty... but I dunno... something's off with him. He was really snappy with Dad and Mum says it's just a phase, but I feel like it might be more than that.

Auggie's rugby team is doing amazing, too! I got to see videos from his last few games. It was wild, being away from Hogwarts though. No magic, at all! They all asked me what I can do, but I told them I wasn't allowed to use magic outside school. I did NOT tell them about the letter. I hope they don't ever find out...

Entry 3/25/18 |

I don't like the boys in my class. The older ones, anyway. Today, they tried to tell me that there were fairies in this really old tree out on the grounds, and I almost got SQUISHED! Worst part is, Constantine was with me and he got hurt, too. It wasn't bad, but I feel terrible. I wish I could just find a way to tell the difference between the good ones and the bad, you know?

My wrist hurts really bad, but I think it'll heal... I'm just so afraid I'll get in trouble if I tell anyone what happened, and I really really don't want that!

Entry 4/19/18 |

I don't know what to do. Luke won't leave me alone, and I'm kind of scared. He told me that people like me don't deserve to have friends and that if he sees me hanging around with anyone, he'll make sure it's the last time anyone ever wants to.

I've been avoiding everyone, and I think Constantine knows. He saw me, today and he looked really hurt...

I just wanna go home.

Entry 5/01/18 |

Constantine found me at the lake today, and we talked. I've been so stupid to avoid him. I think it's time to stand up to Luke. I just wish I knew how to, without getting anyone in trouble...

Entry 4/5/18 |

I met a one of the other Prefect boys today. His name is Sebastian. He's a little scary... Really intense. The sort of way you expect a Slytherin to be, you know? But he offered to help with Luke, and I think he meant it. He told me I belonged here, and not to let anyone tell me otherwise...

His eyes are the color of the moon. It's kind of freaky, but cool...

Entry 5/31 |

So... there was a ball in school, right? For the spring festival, and one of the boys in my class, he apparently went MENTAL and started throwing fire at people. He got in really huge trouble, but it made me think... What makes a person go bad? Is it the things they're taught, or the expectations people have of them? So many people look at Slytherins like we're ACTUAL snakes, and I guess it makes me sad to think that people might actually become evil, just because it's what people tell them they're gonne be.

I don't think Charles (that's the boy's name) is evil... I think maybe he's just confused. I hope he doesn't get expelled.

An AMAZING sketch!

Art was done by Yvaine de Sauvetter || Commissions here