Register
Sign in

19 May 2018, 03:51
Fainauriel Valtome | Professor of Potions
Fainauriel Vanadessë Valtome
[ Fye-now-ree-ell ] [ Va-na-des-say ] [ Val-toe-me ]

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

From an oh so tender age I have found myself pelted with love, showered with praise, gifted with adoration, and coddled to within an inch of my life. An exhausting thing it is, being me, always having to endure the veritable agony of accolades and adulation received from parental figures and just about everyone else. Why is such a thing deemed bothersome you ask? I would scarcely expect someone so disadvantaged to understand my plight. Allow me to regale you with a tale so grand it bewitches the mind.

After hours of screaming and my father's neck the only thing within reach to squeeze for dear life, my mother had me as her first and only child. It gives me great pleasure to say I came into this world bloody, kicking and screaming; and I assure you there was fanfare, an affair I must have missed over the sound of my glorious wailing. I digress, however, to inform you with certainty that within mere moments of my birth my eyes transitioned from the pale baby blue that all newborns possess, assuming a more feline impression with a glowing golden guise. I was a marvel to behold.

Iinteresting fact. My father, Trisfayonien Castien Valtome, is an Elf, a species so rare that even the collective Ministries of the wizarding world have yet to fully wrap their silly little heads around the idea that there might be an entire people vainer than they. Blessed with beauty, grace, and intellect far superior to any other race, it is no wonder the ugly old men in charge eventually seek to gather and classify them to make themselves feel better. For your own safety, I ask you kindly not to confuse an Elf with a house elf; those failed experiments.

Now let me tell you some things about my mother. She, Fenella Fiona Fairchild, was an absolute witch! Quite literally of course. Neglecting the joke waiting to be made that is her name, I bring your attention to what she gifted to me. For all my father's physical perfection passed down, my mother parted with her magical talents. She was not a very powerful witch, though very accomplished in her field, but the talent reached me nonetheless.

And so I've given you what little I can be bothered to explain on that subject, bringing us back to the true gem of the story; me. The moment my parents saw my eyes they knew what a marvel I was, for you see, I had exhibited traits of my father's heritage; being a Shapeshifter as the Elves call it or Metamorphagus as the wizards say. Not only that, but my father's affinity for Nature Magic also alerted him from early on to the traces of my mother's magic that resided within me. I was, am, possibly the first Half-Elf to walk the earth.

Under these conditions I, Fainauriel Vanadesse Valtome, was born, which brings us back to what I had been saying from the very beginning of this tale. What a burdensome task it is to be me. I took it all in stride without complaint or protest, a true champion from the very start. These abilities of mine only seemed to develop as I grew older, and over time my expertise became a path to inevitable success. As I aged my beauty, power and talent bolstered.

Realistically speaking, there are a great many things that I could tell you about myself and my upbringing, but I aim to please, and so I shall spare you the mundane details and skip to the stuff you actually want to hear. The only home I've ever known, for instance. This was among others of my father's kind, my mother having long been accepted among them as a round-ear that they knew and trusted. I learned much from my half-kin and they, in turn, asked many questions of me and the circumstances of my birth.

In time it became more and more evident to me that, even though we appear to be a very secluded race that has no contact with the outside world, such was not the case. Our innate ability to alter our appearance was pivotal in our indoctrination into society. My people walked among the humans and the other races with no fear of discovery, as they were able to transform themselves to appear just like any other. It was a talent I quickly learned, though there was one restriction that I discovered that no one had expected.

Experimenting with the gift, I made the grave mistake of attempting to stay in the form of one that was nowhere near as appealing to the eyes as my true form, only to learn that there were dire consequences to such an effort. The pain was unreal, my skin started to crawl; I felt like I was trapped in a spiteful conflagration that raged from the inside. I had passed out, and when I came to it was surmised that my half-blood status diluted my father's ability within me. A blow to my lavishly pampered ego.

Later in life I was enrolled in Hogwarts where I was placed in Slytherin after a conspiratorially brief encounter with the unsightly Sorting Hat. Those seven years had been the longest of my life, entering such an environment where I was apprised that my halfling heritage would not be gawked at constantly. The lies had my head spinning to and fro as I heard all the jealous whispers and several pleas to touch my ears. It was a grueling endeavor, but one I overcame as I do everything else in life. There were two classes that caught my attention during my time at the school; History of Magic and Potions. I found a natural talent in potion-making and I excelled. Absolutely hated both teachers though!

§

Very soon after graduating I discovered that my true calling was not among my father's people, but among the people my mother called family and friends. The pull to these humans was far greater than I would have anticipated in my wildest dreams, and I knew that my life would change for the better. These uncultured plebeians worshipped beauty above all else, something my father's people did not truly appreciate the way they should. I was like a star in their midst, and every door imaginable opened to me. All that was required of me was a simple trick of bloodline to change the shape of my ears. Idiots.

§

Vanity! Money! Sex! None of these were off limits to my fabulous self. I was the center of attention, the gossip of the town, the apple of everyone's eyes. The world was my stage and I reveled in the strut down the catwalk. Featured as a model in many fashion shows where I was able to showcase my beauty in an open forum for the world to see, I was at the zenith of life's peak and would only seem to climb higher still. It was all about me!

A choice was soon presented to me at one of those grand parties that the Muggles knew how to host. I had been invited as a guest of honor and given all the most luxurious amenities Muggle money could afford. There I was, surrounded by many of my adoring uptown fans when one of the Muggle world's leading producers approached me and all but begged me to star in one of his films. Naturally, I decided to make the man grovel and squirm a bit before I gave him the affirmative, but I think he secretly enjoyed my playing hard to get.

Love was the theme of the movie, and I was to play the part of the breathtakingly prepossessing heroine with a penchant for stumbling into danger and captivating the hearts of men. My male counterpart was rather debonair and quickly caught my interest, and he was equally interested in my playing the part of the female lead. For my first ever attempt at acting I must say I demonstrably killed it. I was lauded for my masterful portrayal as was to be expected, and ever since, I have starred and been featured in countless movies and series. I may or may not have cheated a little by using my ability to alter my appearance. This may or may not have ensured that every role I stepped in saw me becoming the very embodiment of what the writer envisioned.

Thirteen years it has been since I graduated from Hogwarts and my looks have changed ever so slightly, more alluring than my younger days. My family and I talk frequently, and though my father heavily discourages my frivolous frolic among the Muggles, my mother encourages everything I do and pushes me towards following my dreams. Bless her soul. It was a sad day when she was taken from me by a flu virus that had been passing through. She had been nowhere near strong enough to fight against it and she succumbed to the severity of it a few months after its conception.

Only grief at her loss could have caused me to lose myself in the way I did, and while out in a public funeral among my extended family comprising of her side and my father's disguised brethren, my Metamorphmagus abilities got the best of me. Right then and there I started shifting from the more humanized form I always assumed in their presence, becoming my true, more breathtaking self. Gasps in so many different languages pervaded the mournful space and suddenly I was, once again, the center of attention, even without meaning to be. I had not even realized it myself until my father and his kin surrounded me and watched on warily at the wizards and witches in the family that my mother had mostly kept a secret drew their wands.

My race's discovery was both the greatest achievement, and the greatest shame of my life. For centuries the secret had been kept in check from others, and in one fleeting moment of uncontrolled emotion, I had changed everything. The Ministry wasted no time investigating, building records and keeping track of time and place, demanding our placement on their registries of classification. It was a humiliation my people accepted with silent resentment, peaceful as was their way. I was marked as a special case, being the very first known product born of a union between an Elf and a Wizard. They practically forced me into accepting the vacant role as the Potions Master of Hogwarts.

Enter Hogwarts, the place that was to be my prison sentence for whatever duration the Ministry deemed sufficient for keeping their watchful eye on me. I was free to venture as I pleased, but I was bound to be a Professor at the school shaping young minds in the ways of potion-making. My fall from grace came as a hard blow to my ego, but all things in due time. Patience is one thing I have in spades. There were worse things they could have imposed upon me. Teaching was something I found myself starting to enjoy anyway.

"𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔰 𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔪 𝔬𝔪𝔫𝔦𝔞 𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔰"

25 May 2018, 04:34
M I S C E L L A N Y

W A N D
25cm Cherry Wood and Unicorn Hair - Pliable, very effective for unspoken spells, perfect for defense spells.

S T A T S
§ Stamina: 30

§ Agility: 20

§ Strength: 10

§ Control: 40

§ ArcPower: 20

§ Accuracy: 30

30 May 2018, 05:09
𝓡𝓔𝓛𝓐𝓣𝓘𝓞𝓝𝓢𝓗𝓘𝓟𝓢

𝒯𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒻𝒶𝓎𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑒𝓃 𝒞𝒶𝓈𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓃 𝒱𝒶𝓁𝓉𝑜𝓂𝑒

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝑒𝓍𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓁𝓎 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻. 𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝒽𝒾𝑔𝒽-𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓂, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝒾𝓈 𝓊𝓃𝓅𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓁𝑒𝒹. 𝐻𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉𝓈; 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜. 𝐻𝑒'𝓈 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒸𝓇𝓊𝑒𝓁; 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒. 𝐻𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓊𝓈 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃; 𝒶 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝓉.

♱ 𝔉𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔞 𝔉𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔞 𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔱𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔫é𝔢 𝔉𝔞𝔦𝔯𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡 ♱

𝔅𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔩𝔶 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥, 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔥𝔞𝔡 𝔤𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔡 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔰𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔞 𝔯𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔪𝔶 𝔣𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶. 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔲𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔥𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔞 𝔥𝔲𝔪𝔞𝔫 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔬, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔦𝔱 𝔴𝔞𝔰𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔪𝔞𝔡𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔢 𝔰𝔬 𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔪𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣, 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡, 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔥𝔲𝔰𝔟𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔭𝔢𝔬𝔭𝔩𝔢. 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔰𝔬 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔠𝔠𝔢𝔭𝔱 𝔭𝔢𝔬𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣.