Register
Sign in

13 May 2018, 19:48
Andy Graham, First Year, Slytherin
History

Pre-Hogwarts

Before coming to Hogwarts, Andy was an ignorant and spoiled child. Her narcissism and absolutely abhorrent need to always be right could have possibly made her the most annoying individual on Earth, if not for the fact that - surprisingly - she still had an odd sort of charm about her.

People instantly had a liking for Andrea Graham ( even if they sometimes wondered vehemently "WHY???" ). The only person who seemed to like her exactly as she was, however (Bullying, snotty remarks, stubborn tendencies and complete selfishness included), was her father who held her up on a pedestal her entire life; leading her to believe she was correct in her horrendous ways.

Which was why, when her Hogwarts acceptance letter arrived months after odd things started happening in her home, Andy was shocked to discover...her father loved her no longer.

Her nights were spent well and truly alone as the only person who had care unconditionally for the horrible child thst she was, suddenly didn't care for her at all.

Despite this, Andy loved her magic - embraced it even; and found solace in performing very, very basic spells (that she often got wrong without the use of a wand.)

To her complete and utter surprise, it was her mother and brother who occasional came into her room, offering dinner and glasses of water. For once, she had no biting remarks to give them and no stubborn inklings to turn the food away. She accepted it -and their company- graciously and gratefully.

A single week before Andy was to leave (alone) for Hogsmeade -afraid and nervous- her mother came into her room and sat beside her on her small pink bed.

"You are not a terrible person, Andy."she had said. "You just have to learn not to do terrible things."

Andy had since carried these words with her, in the hopes that she would never forget them or the feeling of loneliness this advice could have prevented were it presented to her years before.

1st Year

Being sorted into Slytherin had felt like a slap in the face to Andy who had been so sure she was on the right path. She had been kind, hadn't she? Hadn't she?

The things she had heard about Slytherin... for the sorting hat to place her there after she had sat for minutes on end, confident in the fact that of course she would be placed somewhere wonderful. Like Gryffindor - because she was brave, wasn't she? Or why not Ravenclaw? Wasn't she smart? But she soon realized that that had been her usual arrogance speaking.

Perhaps Slytherin was where she belonged after all.

It wasn't until a week later that she realized how right she had been.

Students clad in silver and green offered her smiles as she passed and help and support and so much more before most of them had even learned her name. How then had they gotten the reputation they did? She simply couldn't understand.

But however it happened, Andy was right where she belonged. In a house full of misunderstood people, eager for second chances and opportunities to prove themselves.

Maybe for the first time, she had all the family she needed.
Last edited by Andy Graham on 13 May 2018, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

I shot, shot, shot a hole through every single thing
that I loved. // Stamina: 6 ; Agility: 3 ; Strength: 0 ; Control: 8 ; Arcane Power: 6 ; Accuracy: 7

13 May 2018, 20:09
Relationships

Family

Ronald "Ron" Louis Graham: Ron is Andy's brother and though she left him behind in London on "good" terms, their relationship may be forever soured by Andy's abhorrent treatment towards him.

Antoinette "Anne" Graham : Anne is Andy's mother and newfound role-model. Anne is the person Andy now strives to be, though she sometimes doubts anybody can ever be as amazing as her mother.

Michael "Mike" Graham: Mike is Andy's father, though -as of late- he would prefer it were not so. After worshiping the ground his daughter walked on for years, Michael has found it surprisingly easy to write her off once he learned of her "gifts".

Friends

Sadly, though unsurprisingly, Andy has no friends.

Acquaintances

Mia Alexander: Mia was the first Pure-blooded wizard Andy ever met, but despite this, she found the conversation surprisingly normal. She remembers it fondly as one of her better interactions and is pleased to have met someone of such and exceptional caliber.

Amadea Campbell: Andy met Amadea in The Leaky Cauldron while shopping for school supplies. She remembers this fondly as one of her first "kind" conversations; though the friendly girl made being delightful a rather easy task.

Enemies

Very surprising, though thankfully, Andy has made no enemies.

Love Interests

Andy has had no love interests.

that I loved. // Stamina: 6 ; Agility: 3 ; Strength: 0 ; Control: 8 ; Arcane Power: 6 ; Accuracy: 7

13 May 2018, 20:19
RPGs

Pre-Hogwarts

At The Counter

Andy Graham wrote: 12 May 2018, 22:19 *Andy walks in to the roar of unfamiliar voices. Her eyes settle on the counter where she spots a gathering of girls who she takes careful care to avoid as she nears them.

To Mildred: Excuse me, ma'am?

*She smiles brightly, laying on a bit of charm.

To Mildred: Might I have a butterbeer? And one of these newspapers to keep myself busy?

1st Year

Unsteady

Andy Graham wrote: 13 May 2018, 15:20 Andy had been standing in the hallway, lingering without purpose, as she often did now that she had reached Hogwarts.

It wasn't a surprise to her, however, to hear music float through the window she had placed herself underneath. She knew exactly where she was standing: Outside the rehearsal room.

She was no musician herself, but Andy liked to go out of her way to stop by the rehearsal room as often as she could. Something about hearing the music was oddly calming in a world that was still so unfamiliar to her.

Not today though.

As soon as the girl started to sing, Andy recognized the song. The unfamiliar voice was angelic and much more sweet than the version she had started to obsess over as of late. The version she had heard countless times had been raw, powerful and... sad. While it was obvious this girl carried her own burdens; somehow... it wasn't the same.

She stayed beneath that window regardless, listening to the entire song even as her bitterness grew.

"What are your parents like, girl?" she wanted to ask. "Did they cast you out too?"

She didn't ask though. She simply stood in undignified silence outside that room as she came to the realization that - once again - she was nothing special. This song that had recently become so important to her was clearly just as important to the girl inside that room; and how many more people besides?

When the melodious voice finally silenced, it was joined by others. A boy; a girl. She heard questions. Some names. Aurelia. Celynne. Andy wondered vaguely which one had been singing, but did not linger longer to find out.

Gathering her bag, she left for the Slytherin common room without a backwards glance; knowing that - as far as they were concerned - she had never even have been there; and drawing an odd sort of comfort from it.

Reducio
Feel free to somehow know I was here, or not! I'm just being generally intrusive.
Sorry!

13 May 2018, 20:20
Stats

Stamina: 6
Agility: 3
Strength: 0
Control: 8
Arcane Power: 6
Accuracy: 7