WAND: 22.5 cm walnut wood and dragon heartstring
──────────── BASICS ────────────
WAND ARM: left
PATRONUS: unknown
BOGGART: werewolves, he saw his sister bitten at an early age
AMORTENTIA: fresh ink, woodsmoke, fresh-baked apple pie
POLYJUICE: pine green liquid with the taste of sour grapes

──────────── HISTORY ────────────
Born in Ottery St Mary on November 6 of 2008, Cade Darkbound lives with his wealthy pureblood family. The Darkbounds are not your usual pureblood type. They live in a large cozy townhouse amongst the muggles. Blood superiority is not their main concern. Growing up this way, Cade learned from both the muggle and wizarding worlds. His father, Mr. Charles Darkbound is often abroad working for the Department of International Magic Cooperation. While his mother, Mrs. Peggy Darkbound works as a baker in her own shop. Life is quiet in the Darkbound residence. Cade’s days mostly consisted of primary school, reading, practicing bass, and looking after his little sister Astrid. Cade is soft-spoken and polite. He is an amiable introvert trying hard to break out of his shy nature. He loves to sketch, read, and play Gobstones.

Cade’s early years were grief-stricken ever since the tragic night his baby sister was bitten. Astrid has been inflicted with lycanthropy from a very early age and struggles with life knowing she’ll never get all the opportunities Cade will. Mrs. Darkbound is very protective of Astrid and only allows her outside for important events. The family keeps their chins up even with the knowledge that their youngest will never be the same. Cade tries to make Astrid feel included in any way he can. On the nights of the full moon, Astrid is sent away to a barn far away from town and must drink wolfsbane potion every day of that week. The neighbors know very little about Astrid’s lycanthropy. To them, she is almost always very ill. Peggy and Charles often discuss in private what will happen when Astrid inevitably gets her own Hogwarts letter.

When Cade received his acceptance letter he was keen on leaving his slow lifestyle behind. He would miss his family and home dearly but was eager to learn magic and become his own person. And Hogwarts being the prestigious school it is made him even more excited. Both his parents had told so many stories about their years at school. His father was a Slytherin duellist and his mother a proud Hufflepuff. Cade was surprised when he got into Ravenclaw. He was incredibly intrigued about the wit behind Ravenclaw. When he sat at the Ravenclaw table, the eagles welcomed him like a hero, and he felt that he had found a family beyond his own.
VISAGEx
Cade is tall for his age, which results in a stooping posture he's trying desperately to correct. He has porcelain skin dotted with freckles from the past summer spent at camp. A mop of dark brown hair covers the majority of his head, stopping short of two intensely dark eyes.
Reducio
Faceclaim: Skander Keynes

Out of the standard Ravenclaw uniform, Cade usually wears oversized cable-knit jumpers in cool tones of green or navy blue. He isn't too fussy with being on-trend and favors his leather boots of Doctor Martens and on a hotter day Chuck Taylors. Always he carries a satchel containing a good book and his art supplies.
xPERSONA ◍
Cade is working on becoming more extroverted and confident. As a first-year, he was brutally introverted and shy. To the point where he was vastly misunderstood and often bullied. Cade has strengths in empathy, generosity, having an open mind, and being idealistic. However, he can often be unrealistic, unfocused, self-isolating, and self-critical.
Reducio
Type: INFP-A

Often deemed as bookish and aloof, Cade is generally a loyal companion. He is somewhat boyish in quality seeking a rare streak of adventure and dumb sometimes reckless pranks. What sets him as a Ravenclaw is his knack for creativity and critical thinking. He often resides in his own dream world creating sketches of ideas and stories. Which on the outside looks like a stoic stone wall -not easily approachable- but all the same, he is happy to make new friends and find companionship.
NAVIGATION
──────────────────────
PORTKEYx
I. roleplays
II. ships
III. trunk
IV. collab
xNOTES ◍
Updated: 27-10-21
Cade is open for threads, feel free to dm me via discord. I'm not always online here so I might miss an owl. My time zone is GMT-5 but my sleep schedule is whack so it hardly matters. This ency is under construction so please excuse the mess! Please don't take my code - this took me hours!
Last edited by Cade Darkbound on 16 Jun 2023, 17:22, edited 32 times in total.

STA: 7 | EVA: 7 | STR: 5 | WIS: 12 | ARC: 8 | ACC: 8

Prodigal Charms, Perfectionist

25 Oct 2020, 07:31
Cade Darkbound | Third Year | Ravenclaw
ROLEPLAYS ──────────────────────
Pre Hogwarts

Reducio
SUMMER 2020
"More Tea Less Cream" - Elsewhere (Ottery St Mary)
"An Evening in Paris" - Elsewhere (Paris, France)
"A Friendship Written in Ink" - Flourish and Blotts
"A Fond Farewell" - Platform 9 3/4
First Year 2020

Reducio
FALL
"The Long Ride to a New World" - Hogwarts Express
"2020-2021 First Years Entrance" - Great Lake
"Sorting Ceremony" - Great Hall
"Debates and Debacles" - Library
"Acting Stoney" - Great Lake, Abandoned Toilets
"Mystical Creatures Club" - Outdoor Club Area
"Disregard the Pumpkin Head" - Potions
"A Face to the Name" - Great Lake
"Goblin' It Up" - Library, Small Hall, Ballroom
"A Birthday Well Celebrated" - Courtyard

SPRING
"Winterlands" - Hogwarts Express
"Mystical Creatures 1" - Outdoor Club Area
"Winner Takes the Crow" - Courtyard

SUMMER
"Bufo Debilis" - Magical Menagerie
"Augurey Cabin" - Campgrounds
"The Lady of the Wood" - Forbidden Forest
"The Nature of Sketching" - Campgrounds
Second Year 2021
Reducio
FALL
"Ravenclaw Vs Gryffindor" - Duelling Stage 1
"Samhain Festival" - Fall Ball 2021
"Training Jamboree" - Grounds
"First Try Talking" - Grounds

SPRING
"Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw" - Duelling Stage 2
"A Plantiful Field Trip" - Greenhouse
"Charcoal on Parchment" - Common Room
"Eagles Unite!" - Common Room
"Ravenclaw vs Slytherin" - Duelling Stage 3
complete | abandoned | active
Last edited by Cade Darkbound on 5 May 2022, 05:55, edited 28 times in total.

28 Oct 2020, 12:23
RELATIONSHIPS

──────────────────────
◍ HUFFLEPUFF

Reducio
001. KAZUO SHIMADA, Acquaintance
"We met through Mystical Creatures, and we always wave when passing in the corridors. He knows a lot of folklore. I think we would make fast friends had I more time with him."
002. WILLOW ANDERSON, Aquaintance
"She was quite friendly when we played Gobstones that one time. She's okay, I suppose."
003. ORLA FINCH, Friend
"You need to be careful around the baby finch, she's a real piece of work. But we have fun together."
GRYFFINDOR ◍
Reducio
001. MELISSA LAND, Enemy
"Its a shame what happened by the lake. Looking back on it there are a thousand ways it could have gone. It is what it is... and I admit we don't get along."
002. KATHERINE LABROUDER, Enemy
"The most foul of all the Gryffindors. The sorting hat was off its rocker... I never encountered anyone I loathed more. I hope I humiliated her that day in the abandoned toilets. And I'm still keen on dueling her at some point. Only to put her in her place."
003. EVERLY CHARLTON, Friend
"I don't remember quite how we met, but she's very kind. I would like to get to know her better. I think we could become good friends!"
004. ALEC MASON, Friend
"Alec is very cool. We were bunkmates at summer camp and I doubt I'll find a better companion. I can really goof off with him and feel comfortable about it. That's rare for me."
◍ SLYTHERIN

Reducio
001. ARISSA WRIGHT, Friend
"She was my assigned quill pal and it was a blast getting to know her. Eventually, we met in person and she was just as shrewd as her quill made her out to be. I have to be careful around her though, she seems to know everything about everyone!"
002. LEONARD OAKSWORTH, Rival
"Oaksworth has somewhat of a black mark in my book. It's not that I don't like him. No, I respect him too much for that. It's hard to say whether or not I consider him a friend or enemy. I suppose somewhere in the middle is more apt. He would have my back if ever I asked, and I would do the same."
003. SCARLET SALVATORE, Acquaintance
"We met at a fancy ball in Paris. And was excited to find out she would attend Hogwarts too. But I haven't seen her face around the corridors. Its a shame really..."
004. MICHAEL MILLER, Acquaintance
"He attended one of the Mystical Creatures meetings. He seems quite friendly. I guess he's alright."
005. HIRAM KANTOR, Aquaintance
"We met in Diagon Alley! He was trying to take the same book I wanted from the shop. Turned out to be a decent friend. He was supposed to teach me how to waltz but I haven't heard from him in some time."
RAVENCLAW ◍
Reducio
001. ROSIE MARRICOTT WILLEW, Friend
"Rosie was the closest I had to a best friend. We would have endless discussions about novels over tea. She's a very eclectic Ravenclaw. I don't think I've met anyone quite like her. I haven't heard from her in a while."
002. SOPHIA NELSON, Acquaintance
"She seems like fun, she was very nice and everything when she watched me draw in the common room."
Last edited by Cade Darkbound on 5 May 2022, 06:04, edited 22 times in total.

7 Nov 2020, 14:32
FAMILY TREE ────────────────────
Last edited by Cade Darkbound on 30 Oct 2021, 14:39, edited 5 times in total.

30 Oct 2021, 14:15
BARTLES ────────────────────
Last edited by Cade Darkbound on 30 Oct 2021, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

30 Oct 2021, 14:17
placeholder

30 Oct 2021, 14:31
I-NPC. ──────────────────