3 Oct 2020, 21:13
Piper Clark | Second Year | Slytherin
──────────────────
Introvert ⭒ Narcissist ⭒ Stubborn
Nerdy ⭒ Clever
──────────────────
Reducio
OOC Notes:
1. I am very friendly, and the actions of my character do not relate to my OOC actions or thoughts. I'm very friendly OOC, though Piper's a bit more closed. OOC you can still call me Piper. :)
2. If I'm taking ridiculously long on anything, it's not your fault. I'm just extremely busy and I may not be able to make a 1 week time frame.
3. Interesting tidbit - I will be starting a substory about Piper's father, starting in Year 3. I'll need a few select people to be integral parts of this! Please reach out and you might be able to either help shape my ideas or be in it when the time comes. This is pretty far up the road so no stress!
4. I am semi-open for new threads at the moment - if you have a specific idea in mind, please owl!
5. IMPORTANT: I have yet to completely figure out coding; tables in particular. I’m looking for someone to help me, and to better yet teach me the basics of how it works. I’d be happy to pay for these efforts in any way (such as an analysis from my wandlore shop), though I can’t pay money. We can talk about it. :)

Current Average Response Time: About a week+ depending on the roleplay

OOC Activities: Piper's Whimsical Wandlore (Shop)
AT A GLANCE
──────────────────────────
Full Name: Piper Eloise Clark
Birthday: May 10, 2009
Species: Human
Nationality: British/German roots
Blood Status: Half-Blood
House: Slytherin
School Year: Second
Patronus: Unknown Snow leopard?
THE WAND
Description: "Brittle, ideal for casting defensive and protective charms, it suits wizards who have a clear mind and heart."
Length: 22.1 cm
Wood & Core: Mayhaw wood and phoenix feather
Flexibility: Brittle
[reducio][more in-depth detail coming soon][/reducio]
APPEARANCE
───────────────────────────
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Build: Slim
Reducio
In-Depth Description: Piper has medium-length blonde hair (usually down), slim stature, and deep, mysterious hazel eyes. She often keeps herself unseen, but she will not let other people push her around (her stubbornness knows no bounds). Her expression is most often indifferent or casual, though sometimes she has a rather mysterious aura. Her clothes most often consist of her school robes or jeans and a simple long-sleeved shirt. Vibrant colours are not her style.
PERSONALITY
Personality Type: INTJ-T
Enneagram: The Achiever (3)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Positive Traits: Intelligent | Curious | Ambitious
Negative Traits: Narcissistic | Cold | Competitive
Reducio
In-Depth Description: Though Piper is smart, even skipping a grade in Muggle school, she is introverted, and would prefer a good book to a person. Often she comes across as aloof but charming. However, as a developing narcissist, she becomes cold, indifferent, or closed-off if one halts admiration for her. Even with a warm and sweet mother, Piper has grown up emotionally isolated. She is different and doesn't take pleasure in what might make peers happy.

Piper likely set the record for grudge-holding: Anything and everything not good done to her is kept in a tab in her head, never to be forgotten, even if she forgives. Of course, this is rare. She'll probably obsess over anyone who doesn't like her (or she doesn't like), and she may bring it up to the person even if they made up years ago. She is extremely self-centered and has a lack of empathy for others.

Piper has a love for theory and overthinks/spirals over everything. Anything small. She has an innate desire to impress as well, and anyone above her year or status intimidates her. Piper strives to do her best, constantly trying to out-perform everyone with a very competitive side. She wants to look good while simultaneously rejecting all who dislike or disagree with her. She tends to hate the idea of Quidditch, and attends matches only to show support for her House. Dueling, on the other hand, is something she quite wants to go into, loving the idea of out-strategizing opponents as well as beating them through spellwork.

If someone disagrees with Piper's views, she'll either go silent or change winds if the person is above her, or if the person is a peer, she may snap out of insecurity. Any pushback will only result in Piper becoming more resolved, simply for the sake of being right (even if she isn't).

Of course, Piper certainly has feelings. However she refuses to be one of “those emotional girls” (Yes she is one of those people right now). This is partially due to her grandmother’s influence and partly because she simply is used to hiding all feelings because they are irrelevant. Piper is blunt with people but oftentimes doesn’t mean to be insensitive. People take her words badly, and so her insecurity will take the reins and put her on the defensive, often leading the conversation to disaster. Piper is generally quite pessimistic as well, confusing those around her who are just trying to have fun. She will spare peoples' feelings at times, and other times she won’t. Everything is almost entirely dependent on her daily mood swings, which again frustrates and confuses those around Piper. She will not baby anyone; she believes the best way to let anyone learn is to let them fail. This, of course, does not lead to many friendships.

Piper has firmly decided that friends are not necessary to academic success, and is making no efforts towards them. Deep down, though, she is wistful for a companion and the joy that her peers find, but still refuses to reach out. What she seeks to gain right now is the simple delight of having people admire her.
PRIMARY MOTIVATION
Achievement
SECONDARY MOTIVATION
Power
BACKSTORY & LIFE
Childhood: Born as an only child to a magical father and Muggle mother in London, England, Piper Clark's mother and father split up while Piper was still quite young, and Piper grew up with her mother, Eleanor, in the Muggle world. She first discovered her magic when she was angry at her cousin at the age of 10, when she sank halfway into the second story floor of her house. She was shocked when her Hogwarts letter arrived along with a Hogwarts staff member, and that was when her mother told her everything, about her father and her power. It was then that Piper grew a deep resentment for her father for leaving her and her mother by themselves. The topic did not bother her too much then, but in the future it would wreak havoc on her focus.

After going on a mind-boggling trip to Diagon Alley, she set off on her trip to Hogwarts, wand at her side. Being quite indifferent, Piper sat alone in a compartment on the Hogwarts express, and made herself comfortable with some Chocolate Frogs and a few books about Hogwarts. The amount of voracious reading she did on the school was indeed amazing.

First Year: Upon arriving at Hogwarts, Piper was sorted into Slytherin, despite her original preference of Ravenclaw. Contrary to what most would believe, she did not quite look forward to being with classmates. All she wanted was to get high marks in her classes and gain as much knowledge as possible at first. While learning magic is fun, the social aspects of a boarding school are quite daunting and exhausting. Despite all of her efforts to connect with people higher up than her, Piper found no true fulfillment.

However, the young Slytherin has learned after the winter break that Hogwarts has become a second home. Piper is fascinated by several aspects of magic, particularly Transfiguration and Charms, so she may want to be a spell researcher someday. In the Healing arts, Piper is quite hopeless, and she rejects anything she can't immediately be perfect at. This trait is quite unhelpful, of course, but she simply reasons that anything she fails at isn't worth trying for anymore.
PET ID
⟡⟡⟡
NAME
Tanya

SPECIES
Owl
BREED
Arctic

BIRTHDATE
07/19/2019

ADOPTION DATE
04/05/2021
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coding credits - Aurelia Notrésvace/Everly Charlton
Code by Gia Adelard
Last edited by Piper Clark on 1 Jul 2021, 21:55, edited 43 times in total.

Piper Clark (color=#4040FF)
"I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't."

3 Oct 2020, 23:45
RPG THREADS
◻︎= Ongoing
☒= Abandoned
☑︎= Complete
❗️= Personal Response Required/In Progress

September 2020

Invisible: In which Piper meets two girls, Aella and Valencia, on the Hogwarts Express. Though indifferent at first, she is unadmittedly warming up.

October 2020

☑︎Day of Rain (Spectator's Thread): In which Piper makes a new enemy, Starlee Kennedy as Florian LeRoy, and watches the team she is rooting for lose.

☑︎The Fall Ball (Masquerade) [Main Story]: In which Piper meets a new acquaintance who teaches her to dance at a fancy ball, and things suddenly go...awry.

☑︎❗️The Fall Ball (The Hunt) [Main Story]: In which several students follow the ghost seen at the Masquerade, attempting to solve the odd message he had left. Piper's whimsical dreams of a fairy tale adventure are not fulfilled, to say the least.

Brew With Me (PV Maison Pritchard):In which Piper brews the Cure for Boils terribly with yet another bubbly student.

☑︎A Little TLC (PV Starlee Kennedy): In which Piper meets her new rival, @Starlee Kennedy, and gets a bit jealous.

December 2020

◻︎❗️Almost A Snowman (PV Ross Stephens): It's Piper's first Christmas at Hogwarts, and she's feeling a bit blue until she accidentally falls into some winter fun with a positive acquaintance (at last).

◻︎Oh, For Flying Out Loud (PV Anastasia Beckett): As Piper's first term at Hogwarts comes to a close, she has a terrible Flying class and is overheard by just the wrong person...

January 2021

☑︎Who Lit It Best? (PV Everly Charlton and Starlee Kennedy) [Errand]: In which Piper partakes in a firelighting competition with some unlikely partners.

February 2021

❗️Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff Quidditch Game (Spectator Thread): Piper, in a better mood than last time, attends her second Quidditch match and cheers Slytherin on!

◻︎Something Missing Here (PV Levi Drakos) [Errand]: Piper wants to enjoy her sugar cookies without the burden of a person...however, that's not how it goes at all.

Valentine's Dinner [Errand]: When Piper discovers she was signed up for a Valentine's Dinner without consent, she is horrified. However, there is going to be food and her (very untrustworthy) conscience rules over...disaster ensues.

In Search of the Source of the Creeping Darkness [Main Story]: A mystifying main story event...[wip]
Post tracker: X | X | X | X | X | X

March 2021

❗️How to Make Friends 101 (PV Everly Charlton): Piper reads an article on how to be friends with someone and decides to give it a go, despite her reservations. The results are less than ideal.

May 2021

❗️The Blossom Ball [Main Story]: The latest and greatest event is here. Piper is enthusiastic about both her outfit and her newfound overconfidence. Hopefully the evening goes as planned...
Post tracker: X

❗️After Hours/Early Hours - Charms Cramming (PV Starlee Kennedy & Zoe Fresnel): A review session in Charms office hours goes rather badly when Piper's arch nemesis shows up.

August 2021

❗️Truth or Dare Group 4 [Summer Camp]: At summer camp, Piper takes part in a simple Truth or Dare game. She has no idea how things are going to go, but so far so good.
Post tracker: X

Chess Combat: Match 3 [Summer Camp]: Piper's first duel of the year does not occur in school, but rather at camp. It's a good experience, and she is determined to win. Although, her ego was not improved in the slightest when she was elected the queen of the group.

-More on their way!

SOLO RPG POSTS

September 2020

☑︎The Sorting Ceremony: A new beginning comes with the annual Sorting. Piper receives an unexpected House and a message from the Sorting Hat...

October 2020

☑︎Goblin' It Up (Muggle Studies) [Errand Part 1/3]: Piper visits the Muggle Studies classroom for some good old-fashioned Muggle treats!

☑︎Goblin' It Up (Flying) [Errand Part 2/3]: Piper visits the Flying corridor and catches her candy from the air!

☑︎Goblin' It Up Spooktacular Movie Party [Errand Part 3/3]: Piper makes her way into the ballroom and settles in for a sugar rush and a movie.

January 2021

☑︎Do You Want to Build A Snowman? [Errand]: It's time to return to school, and Piper returns to find a snowman-building fest after class! She has a surprising amount of fun with the task.

☑︎Sweet Dreams, Fellow Insomniacs [Errand]: Piper takes an overnight trip to Astronomy Tower.
Post tracker: X | X

February 2021

☑︎Hometown Show & Tell [Errand]: Piper takes the opportunity to educate others about common misconceptions about London.

April 2021

☑︎The Only True Companion: On a surprise birthday trip to Diagon Alley, Piper buys her owl Tanya.

-More to come!
Note that all RPs are listed in chronological months, not in the months the authors posted them.
Last edited by Piper Clark on 13 Aug 2021, 04:34, edited 88 times in total.

"I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't."

4 Oct 2020, 02:52

"Their daring nerve and
chivalry set Gryffindors apart."
[/td][td]
POSITIVE
NEUTRAL
NEGATIVE
Reducio
EVERLY CHARLTON [first meeting]
Piper is mystified by Everly - they first meet in a collective endeavor to light a flame in the snow. Piper is unsure if she is interested in being friends with this girl, but likely would not be opposed to it.

"She looks like a nice person...but looks can be deceiving. She might be worth it simply as an ally."
Reducio
MAISON PRITCHARD [first meeting]
tbd
LEVI DRAKOS [first meeting]
tbd
PIÉRRE MARCHONNÉ [first meeting]
tbd
AKARI KATO [first meeting]
tbd
Reducio
ANASTASIA BECKETT [first meeting]
When Piper meets Anastasia in her first year, she finds herself in a deep hole. Anastasia is not a typical enemy, but a bully all-around. Piper despises her most.

"She's fiery and hypocritical. I can't stand her. If she were only closer to my age, I'd feel more comfortable lashing out against her."
[/td][/tr][/table]
POSITIVE
NEUTRAL
NEGATIVE
Reducio
ROSS STEPHENS [first meeting]
Piper has the most fun she's had since coming to Hogwarts with Ross. Helping him with a snowman reveals all the amusement she's missed out on for the last few months. She hasn't talked to him since, but thinks he is a fascinating character.

"He's sure interesting. I don't know if I've ever met such an astute Hufflepuff. Ross brings up a lot of things I never even thought of."
Reducio
Reducio

"Those patient Hufflepuffs are
true and unafraid of toil."

"Where those of wit and learning
will always find their kind."
POSITIVE
NEUTRAL
NEGATIVE
Reducio
VALENCIA VILKS (INACTIVE) [first meeting]
Valencia is one of Piper's first acquaintances on the Hogwarts Express, and consequently one of the first to get on her nerves. Her bubbliness is annoying, but irritatingly contagious.
Reducio
LAVINIA CLOVEN [first meeting]
tbd
Reducio
POSITIVE
NEUTRAL
NEGATIVE
Reducio
KARA CAPRICORN [first meeting]
Piper first sees Kara in the Masquerade Ball of her first year. The girl carries a confidence Piper inwardly aspires to, and Kara is kind to a flustered Piper.

"She was right about my outfit. I should keep an eye on her and see what else she's right about."
Reducio
ILEEN KNIGHT [first meeting]
tbd
Reducio
AELLA ANDINO (INACTIVE [first meeting]
tbd
STARLEE KENNEDY [first meeting]
Starlee is Piper's nemesis right beside Ana. The horrible girl insulted her, causing Piper to smash Starlee's Herbology homework. The two have been in vicious classroom rivalry ever since.

"She insulted me, then said she was only trying to HELP. As if. I will destroy her in every class I can. Probably."
SELIM FAUST [first meeting]
[wip]

"Those cunning folk use any
means to achieve their ends."

"What? I have a quote for
them too! Just have to find it..."
POSITIVE
NEUTRAL
NEGATIVE
Reducio
Reducio
Reducio
FLORIAN LEROY (Starlee K.) [first meeting]
Florian could burn in a ditch so far as Piper is concerned. The arrogant visitor joins Piper uninvited in spectating her first Quidditch match. His pompous nature is only helped by his hideous, attention-drawing raincoat - precisely what Piper doesn't want any part of.

"I never knew I'd hate the color red so much."
☆ Coded by Everly Charlton
Last edited by Piper Clark on 13 Apr 2021, 19:15, edited 15 times in total.

15 Oct 2020, 05:40
ELEANOR CLARK
Relationship: Mother
Birthday: July 5, 1988
Blood Status: Full Muggle
Closeness: ★★★
Positive Traits: Empathetic | Fun-loving | Intelligent
Negative Traits: Easily offended | Workaholic | Helicopter Parent
Reducio
In-Depth Description: Piper's mother, Eleanor, is a Muggle scientist! She researches biochemistry as a well-to-do researcher in London for a science organization. Piper loves to help her with her various experiments and has gained a love for research and for learning through Eleanor. Eleanor is a mother who believes in a strong fun/work balance. She wishes Piper would have more friends, as she was popular among her own few friends in private Muggle school. However, Eleanor also understands that Piper needs her space, and respects her daughter's wishes. She has youthful features with long blonde hair, often left down in the wind. Her blue eyes and hair color are also something Piper inherited, and she has a cheerful expression with a warm smile.

Growing up under Camille (Piper's grandmother) has helped her realize that there is so much more to life than academics, and learning and fun can be combined. She has a very sweet personality, and her job is Piper's #1 aspiration. Eleanor's three shortcomings are that she can sometimes be too bending to other's wishes, often inadvertently falling victim to peer pressure both from her own parents and from her friends; 2) she was a suffocating helicopter parent, paying close attention to Piper and praising Piper's every move. She loves Piper, but brags about her to friends much too often, fostering in Piper feelings that she must be the best. 3) Eleanor has gradually let go of the helicopter-ness as Piper aged and is leaving for Hogwarts, but she now works harder than ever, obsessed with her research and withdrawn from Piper (but still constantly talking about how proud she is of Piper).

Eleanor's attitude towards finding out that her husband Liam was a wizard was accepting, and she loved hearing his stories about his Hogwarts life, and learning all about the magical ways of the wizarding world. However, Liam, deserted just a year after Piper was born for unknown (for now) reasons, which forced Eleanor to raise her daughter on her own. She was devastated and mystified by this - Liam's disappearance happened out of nowhere when he left in the middle of the night. His note only said that he had urgent business and he was torn apart that he could not return. Eleanor has never said a negative word about Liam since - or indeed, any word. Since he left she became much more quiet and withdrawn in her studies, and making herself more withdrawn from the world.

Eleanor was very excited when Piper first showed signs of magic, kindling an enthusiasm that hasn’t been there since Liam left. She was saddened that this meant her daughter would be away from her for the majority of seven years, but she knew Piper's educational experiences would be absolutely wonderful. Of course, Eleanor had studied the wizarding world with great earnest, and she told Piper all about the wizarding world and provided several thick books on the subject (particularly Hogwarts, a History). It was as though she would be going to Hogwarts herself! She urged Piper to write frequently using her owl, to make friends, and to do well in her studies. Piper looks up to her mother and aspires to make her happy.
LIAM CLARK
Relationship: Father
Birthday: November 18, 1986
Blood Status: Pureblood
Closeness:
Positive Traits: Unknown
Negative Traits: Unknown
Reducio
In-Depth Description (WIP) : Liam is the name of Piper's father. He is a wizard and loves his wife Eleanor dearly. One night, he suddenly left without a trace - a single suitcase of books was gone and a hastily-scribbled note was left. All it said was that there was urgent business to be conducted, and he was deeply torn apart that he could not return again. This completely mystified his family members. Camille and Robert Arnette (Piper's maternal grandparents) were disgusted, calling him several choice names and virtually disowning him for deserting their daughter. Eleanor is convinced Liam is still alive (though this is not known) and will not say a single word against him. She claims to know him and that he would never leave without a very good reason.

Piper is exceptionally bitter towards her father. This is for several reasons. Mainly she is angry at him for leaving her mum and herself, and tells herself she hopes he's dead. Deep down, however, a part of her wonders what could have been, and more importantly, what on earth happened to him. She (subconsciously) hopes to solve this mystery. Her mother told her all about him as soon as she asked, but everything she said just made Piper hate him more. Eventually, however, she wants to discover what happened to him, whether she admits it or not.
CAMILLE ARNETTE
─────────────────────
Relationship: Grandmother
Reducio
In-Depth Description: Kind though stern, Piper's Muggle grandmother is one of the main sources of her ambition to excel academically. She is elegant and refined, with very high expectations. Camille Arnette likes to think that she is empathetic and understanding, but she lacks the ability to truly understand others because of her expectations of everyone around her. She was born into a wealthy family of French ancestry and received several special honors awards at her private academy. Finally, she became a privileged Muggle judge, which carries on to the present. She placed the same high standards on her two daughters, who learned from this just how valuable friendship and breaks can be.

Camille can be condescending and will not hesitate to speak her mind if she thinks something is out of place. Upon being informed of the Wizarding World, she was surprisingly calm, but her expectations did not falter. She wants Piper to be a prodigy at Hogwarts, despite it being a magical school. She is convinced it can't be too different from Muggle school in terms of grades, and expects the best from a girl from the Arnette line. Camille is a firm feminist, and immediately puts down any idea that suggests girls can't do anything in the realm of smarts. However, in this she sees no room for such silly things as art or playing or goofing around in older children when there is always something important to work on.

Interestingly, her husband took her last name, rather than vice versa. Piper desperately wants to make her grandmother proud, going to ridiculous lengths to be talented at everything she does at Hogwarts, and taking all extra credit opportunities possible. How else will she gain validation?
ROBERT ARNETTE
─────────────────────
Relationship: Grandfather
Reducio
In-Depth Description: Robert Arnette (Camille's husband, Eleanor's father, and Piper's grandfather), thinks his wife's strict beliefs are rather too harsh, but as a successful Muggle businessman, he does not have many objections. He mainly tolerates and encourages his wife's ideas, and will simply go silent when he disagrees with her (he would not want to suffer the consequences). His lineage is of the Garde line, and gets his young features from that side. He is the "fun" grandparent, often sneaking Piper candy, small fun objects, or money for new books when nobody is looking. He wants his grandchildren to succeed, but more importantly, learn and have fun along the way. His business is in the advertising department, so Piper can often visit his recording studio and see how such things function.

Robert's reaction to Piper's magical ability was absolute fascination. He made sure that she would write to him often, and told her to work hard and play hard. Robert also winkingly told her to be sure and show him a spell or two, but was disappointed to hear about the no-magic-outside-Hogwarts rule. This would not sway him; he still fully expected a demonstration of some sort soon. This was to be a prime study of his. How does it all work? Robert implores Piper to pass on any knowledge she can, as this is an amazing discovery (and it's hard not to tell anyone)!
JULIA MALLARD
─────────────────────
Relationship: Aunt
Reducio
In-Depth Description: Julia, Eleanor's older sister, is a stunningly beautiful woman. Highlighted blonde hair and bright blue eyes pair with a fresh and clear complexion. She is three years older than Eleanor, with a son and a daughter around Piper's age (Lydia and Marcus). She also grew up under Camille and Robert, but adopted a couple of the high expectations with less extremes. While Eleanor has the "your best is all you can give" mentality, Julia has the slightly higher mentality of academic excellence and nothing less. However, she also encourages many breaks and pushes her children to have friends. She wants her children to have balanced lives and friends so very badly, but as a result she can end up pushy and smothering.

Julia can also be described as a "helicopter parent," which produced overly protected children. Her children do not know how to function in the real world simply because they've been exposed to nothing. They were sent to private school and spend much of their time with like-minded people only. Julia and her family have no knowledge of the Clarks' magical heritage. They live in Scotland, so Piper does not see them often, but every so often they will visit for holidays and such. Piper likes her aunt well enough, but prefers to live without her. Julia and Eleanor remain very close, keeping in close contact over cell phones.

Julia cares very much about looks (physically and socially), and devotes a lot of attention to this. Her husband and children are always well-groomed and have nearly impeccable manners. She strives to be liked, and will spend a lot on ensuring she looks her best every day. Julia upholds her household with as much integrity and know-how as she can. Currently, she works as a cosmetologist in Scotland and is well-known for her cosmetics knowledge.
THOMAS MALLARD
─────────────────────
Relationship: Uncle
Reducio
In-Depth Description: WIP
LYDIA MALLARD
─────────────────────
Relationship: Cousin
Reducio
ASH MALLARD
─────────────────────
Relationship: Cousin
Reducio
Code by Gia Adelard
Last edited by Piper Clark on 28 May 2021, 03:41, edited 8 times in total.

5 Nov 2020, 00:11
CHARACTER TIMELINE

PRE-HOGWARTS (8-10)
Reducio
Physical Appearance: Medium blonde hair, approximately 120 cm tall at age 8 (rather short for her age but borderline average). A bright white smile, often wears simple but cute clothes such as overalls or a colored top/jeans.

Poise, Habits & Personality: Piper exudes an unfamiliar aura, one of the usual child's curiosity, but also one of remarkable maturity and a quiet presence. Something seems distinctly off, but nobody seems to be able to place it.

One of Piper's defining qualities is her intelligence and high ambition. Not only does she want to do well in her grades, she wants to understand everything she learns in the greatest detail possible. At primary school, Piper does excellent work, skipping Year Four third grade for Americans. This is something Eleanor praises her for, and an achievement Piper is ecstatic about. This success drives her to perfectionism. Her teachers have wonderful things to say about her studies.

However, being the youngest in her class sets Piper apart from the other pupils, and makes her a great target of bullying. This is not the average type of bullying, but simply backhanded comments (about being a know-it-all and the like) and refusal to associate with Piper. There being nothing she can do about it (after much oblivion), Piper simply lets it go while mentioning nothing to her mother. Where there may once have been room for friends and warm memories of primary school, Piper develops a cold indifference to emotional ties as well as rejection of anything different from her thoughts, instead throwing herself headfirst into learning as much as possible about everything. Meanwhile, Eleanor (though a decided introvert) is perplexed about what brought about this solid change in attitude toward Piper's peers.

Piper's social presence is quite awkward. Physically, she fiddles with her hands and bites her nails. She never quite knows what to say in a day-to-day conversation, and others never quite know what to say back. As a result, most would avoid her anyway. Piper will either avoid eye contact at all costs or give an intense stare. She generally avoids social interaction and prefers to blend into the background. However, if she overhears something that she disagrees with, she will either back into the shadows or some sort of corner, or loudly interject a correction (depending on how wrong the other party is).

Important Events: Most notably, age ten brings Piper's first instance of magic when she argues with her cousin Lydia, causing herself to sink halfway into the second story of her house. Of course, Eleanor knows precisely what this means, and takes this opportunity to shakily tell Piper all about her father's unexplained departure when she was young and her powers. Piper fosters deep resentment toward him for leaving her and making her mother so upset, inwardly cracked. Outwardly, she simply gives a brief nod and walks outside to think about it.

Fortunately, Eleanor still has a few of Piper's father's old magical textbooks, stored high up in her closet. Piper is beyond excited about having magical powers, wanting to know everything about everything about the theory and how it worked. It's a lot to take in and digest so quickly, but she survives primary school until her Hogwarts letter's arrival in the summer of 2020. It's much easier to handle the loneliness in the next year (despite her peers' jealous nastiness becoming more abundant), knowing she was meant to be different. And hidden deep down inside, maybe...just maybe...there is a flicker of hope that someone at Hogwarts might be just like her.

FIRST YEAR
Reducio
WIP

SECOND YEAR
Reducio
WIP

THIRD YEAR
Reducio
WIP

FOURTH YEAR
Reducio
WIP

FIFTH YEAR
Reducio
WIP

SIXTH YEAR
Reducio
WIP

SEVENTH YEAR
Reducio
WIP

AFTER HOGWARTS
Reducio

WIP

FC CREDITS: Emilia Rostek
Last edited by Piper Clark on 9 Apr 2021, 05:54, edited 8 times in total.

3 Jan 2021, 06:47
COURSEWORK
Piper is very academics-oriented and perfectionistic. Let us take a peek at her course status...
FIRST-YEAR REPORT CARD

COURSE GRADE/ FEEDBACK OPINION
=
Astronomy
(Professor Chiadovini)
=
E
=
=
"Very polite; has trouble with calculations but generally positive."
=
=
"I want that O...what's the point of this class? It's interesting though."
=
=
Charms
(Professor Fresnel)
=
O
=
=
"Has a lot of potential! Performs most charms remarkably well."
=
=
"This is my favorite - these wand movements come naturally to me."
=
=
Defense Against the Dark Arts
(Professor Pendrast)
=
O
=
=
"She thinks quite quickly on her feet. Very good precision, but could work a bit faster."
=
=
"DADA is fun! Prof. Pendrast's homework is so overwhelming though."
=
=
Flying
(Professor Jemari)
=
P
=
=
"Very slow learner...improvement needed before I'd even consider letting her play."
=
=
"I hate this class. I keep failing and I don't know what to do about it. Worthless."
=
=
Herbology
(Professor MacTavish)
=
A
=
=
"Nice enough but certainly does not have that green thumb. She must remember to water!"
=
=
"This is a bloody horrible class. Who cares about a couple ridiculous dandelions!?"
=
=
History of Magic
(Professor Masoud)
=
E
=
=
"Very good about meeting deadlines. Does not remember dates or details well, however."
=
=
"This class should be optional. Believe it or not, I have limited time for peer pressure from dead people."
=
=
Potions
(Professor Barlow)
=
P
=
=
"Efficient but rushed. Is not careful about directions and refuses to ask for help. Limited knowledge of ingredients. Rather snappy."
=
=
"The directions are so hard to see...why'd they have to bring Herbology into this!? It would be fun if I weren't so terrified of flunking."
=
=
Transfiguration
(Professor Wade)
=
O
=
=
"Quite nice. Puts a lot of effort in and asks questions. Very precise with all spell components and does well with the Formula."
=
=
"I do love theory...Prof. Wade is demanding but I love doing the spells! Usually I get them right the first couple of tries."
=
OOC HW COMPLETION
Lessons Complete: 25
Lessons Remaining: 10
Reducio

Subject: [Complete/Total] (Grade Average)

Charms: 5/5 (O)
Potions: 5/5 (O)
Transfiguration: 5/5 (O)
Defense Against the Dark Arts: 2/4 (E)
History of Magic: 1/5 (E)
Astronomy: 5/5 (E)
Herbology: 1/3 (E)
Flying: 1/3 (O)
Last edited by Piper Clark on 14 Jun 2021, 16:56, edited 19 times in total.

4 Jan 2021, 23:46
PROFILE UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
It's a major WIP that I just recently started actually revamping!
[This post also a placeholder]
TO-DO LIST
Bahhhhh so much to do...
This list is in order of most urgent to least...there are a TON of factors in here, plus my real life commitments, so if you're close to the bottom it's not because I don't value our thread! (Inspiration taken from Anastasia Beckett <3)

-Wand analysis
-dungeon post*
-blossom ball post*
-trial posts*
-Snowman thread
-ability application
-Spectator thread
-Hunt
-wand thread

*Priority