III || Pre-Hogwarts
IV || RPG List
V || Relationships
VI || Trunk
VII || Playlist
VIII || Interests & Hobbies
IX || IC Extra Info
X || OOC Info
Last edited by Crissy Dunmore on 23 Jul 2020, 18:03, edited 9 times in total.

No, I won't smile, but I'll show you my teeth
Stamina: 5 || Evasion: 4 || Strength: 2 || Wisdom: 8 || ArcPower: 4 || Accuracy: 7

2 Jul 2020, 23:49
Crissy Dunmore | First Year | Gryffindor

The Basics
Full Name: Crissy 'Cris' Amelia Dunmore
House: Gryffindor
Birthday: 3rd of October
Birthplace: Scotland
Blood Status: Muggle-born
School Year: First year

The Magical Stuff
Patronus: N/A
Species: Human
Amortentia: Rain, coffee grounds,
& mint
Wand: 34,3 cm cherry wood
& dragon heartstring
Wand arm: Right

Her Appearance
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Dark green
Height: 4ft 5in
Build: Petite
Complexion: Pale
& covered in freckles
Style: She is a mix of
comfort & sporty

Her personality
Positive
Determined
Clever
Loyal
Negative
Stubborn
Impulsive
Reckless

Last edited by Crissy Dunmore on 22 Jul 2020, 22:33, edited 8 times in total.

Stamina: 5 || Evasion: 4 || Strength: 2 || Wisdom: 8 || ArcPower: 4 || Accuracy: 7

6 Jul 2020, 19:49

Pre-Hogwarts
Crissy Dunmore had no parents to speak of. Just an Aunt, that had reluctantly taken Crissy in when she was only three years young. Crissy’s parents had died in a plane crash while coming back from visiting a distant relative. Crissy did not remember much about her parents. When she tried to look back all she could remember were bits and fragments of that life. It was more sounds, and smells that she could recall. Like the sound of her dad playing an old guitar. Her mom laughing, while making Sunday morning breakfast. The scent of her mother’s perfume. But that was all gone now.

Now she was left here alone, with Aunt Lesley, who treated Crissy like something growing on her body that she wanted desperately to have removed. The two lived in a small one bedroom flat in the old town of Grantown-on-Spey, Scotland. Aunt Lesley was her mother’s sister, and the two girls had grown up here. Crissy’s parents had moved away after they married. When they died, Crissy had to move to this strange town with only a single suitcase. There was not much she had from that old life, just a raggedy old teddy bear, an old journal of her father’s, a framed picture of her parents. And her most prized possession, a necklace with a crescent moon charm that had belonged to her mother. Crissy never took it off.

Crissy had the same bright red hair as her father that tousled down to her lower back. It hung about her face in soft waves. Her eyes were a dark green framed behind thick lashes. Crissy’s skin was fair and dotted with little brown freckles. A large clump of them sprinkled across her nose. The child had a petite frame, and she was quite short for her age. People in the town remarked on her looks quite often. They said that she resembled her mother, who apparently had been quite a beauty. Crissy being only eleven though did not think much of this. When people starred, she found herself blushing and turning away. Her reflection only intrigued her slightly, for now.

Crissy did find though that the other girls in her neighborhood treated her differently. She was not sure if it was due to the fact that her clothes were not new. Maybe it was because she preferred exploring the woods over putting on makeup. Or maybe it was due to something else that Crissy did not quite understand yet. But for whatever the reason Crissy found herself making friends with the boys in town a lot easier. At first, they were hesitant to let her join in on their adventures. But when they realized that she could climb trees and kick soccer balls too they let her tag along.

Due to spending time with the guys, and her aunt not playing a large roll in her upbringing Crissy was not the most feminine. She was brassy and quick witted. She had started going by the nickname given to her by her best group of guy friends ‘Cris’. She was the first to jump off the cliff into the water below. Her patience was short and her temper big. But where she lacked certain graces, she made up for it in heart. The friends she did have she cared for immensely. Crissy would never back down from anyone. She stood up on the playground for the weaker kids in her class.

Crissy did not know much about her parents, only what her aunt had told her. And that was not a whole lot. So, when she received a strange letter in the mail, informing her she had been accepted to a school for witches and wizards, she found it quite hard to believe. At first, she threw the letter into a drawer, telling herself it was a prank being played by some of the neighborhood children. No one in the Dunmore clan was ‘special’. And Crissy had been told all her life that there was absolutely nothing remarkable about her.

Growing up, Crissy was always getting in trouble for things breaking. Once, when she was about six years old, she had been playing dolls by herself in the living room while her aunt slept. Crissy had been sent home from school with a note from the teacher. She had gotten in trouble for fighting on the playground. A group of girls had been making fun of Crissy's clothes. They were old, and ill-fitting, covered in patches. When one of the other girls pushed her, she had pushed back. She knew when Aunt Lesley woke, and Crissy gave her the note she would be in trouble. The more she thought about this the angrier she got. Why should she get in trouble for defending herself? Crissy could feel her cheeks grow hotter, the anger filling her up. Without warning, one of her aunt's prized antique vases shattered. Shards of glass flew out. Stunned, Crissy dropped her dolls, starring at where the vase had been sitting only seconds prior. Her aunt punished her for not only the fight, but the vase as well. Crissy tried to tell her that she did not touch the vase, but it was no use. Aunt Lesley would never believe her. It was hard enough growing up and not knowing who you are. It was a whole other problem not knowing ‘what’ you are either.

The Dreams
If you were to trace the long twisting branches in Crissy’s family tree far back, you would find a woman on her father’s side named Aila. She lived with a group of traveling performers in the 15th century. She showed signs of being a Seer, but kept her real gift hidden due to people’s fears at the time. She made her living as a fortune teller, using her charismatic charms to swindle people out of their money. The ‘fortunes’ she told were typically false. Her premonitions were random, and she could not control when a vision would hit her. There are not many records on her, and it is unknown how she died or when.

On her mother’s side of the family there was a male Seer named Oliver that made the trip to Massachusetts in the 17th century. He started a small farm and made the small-town Salem his home. Unaware of the horrors that would befall there. He never did comprehend his visions. He thought they were a curse brought upon him for some wrong he committed early in life. Oliver kept to himself, never wishing to marry for fear of spreading his gift to his children like a disease. When the witch trials began, he fled Salem, for fear of being found out. Eventually he did marry when he returned back to Scotland and had three boys. To his knowledge none of his sons acquired the gift.

Crissy of course was unaware of all of this. She had no parents left to take her down memory lane and recount their family history. Though it was doubtful even her parents had known. Both were muggles, and there were no records to show otherwise. When Crissy had received her letter from Hogwarts, learning she was a witch was a shock all on its own. Her aunt thought she was a freak. She had never heard of such a place. Unbeknownst to Aunt Lesley, her own mother, Crissy’s maternal grandmother had been a squib. But she had died when Crissy was only a baby. And there was also Crissy’s great uncle on her father’s side that had been disowned. He was too a squib. But of course, any information on him and been wiped from the family’s records. His whereabouts a mystery.

Crissy was still trying to make sense of all this witch stuff. And then there were the dreams. She had been having strange dreams since she was about 6 years old. Crissy would wake sometimes in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. Gripping the blankets to her chest. They would start out so vivid. She could still see the images in her mind. But then as she wiped the sleep from her eyes, it was as if she erased the memory. Crissy had tried to keep a dream journal but that only confused her more. None of her scribbles made sense in the morning. There would be days where she would get this odd sense that she had been here before. But Crissy chalked it up to déjà vu.

There was this one time when she had been playing soccer with the neighborhood boys. A kid kicked the ball into the street on accident. Crissy had been the closest, so she ran off to fetch it. But before she stepped out into the road something made her stop. It felt like a bowling ball had been dropped into her stomach. Her vision blurred, and she felt faint. Sweat dripped from her forehead, and a knot had formed in her throat choking out her words. Before she could take another step, a vehicle came speeding down the road, crushing the soccer ball. Crissy was stunned. She had tried to explain what had happened to her aunt. Aunt Lesley had just brushed it off and told her she had gotten too much sun.

Of course, Crissy has no idea about the gift she really possesses. The major signs will not appear until she is older, in her third year at Hogwarts. And since she is still so young, she does not show any physical differences either. Her hair is not the typical white shade that many acquire after powerful visions. She still posses the bright red hair like her father. Crissy feels something is different about her deep down, but she does not know what it all means still.

Last edited by Crissy Dunmore on 24 Jul 2020, 15:54, edited 10 times in total.

8 Jul 2020, 16:55

First Year

Key
Active
Finished
Abandoned
Last edited by Crissy Dunmore on 28 Jul 2020, 20:24, edited 5 times in total.

9 Jul 2020, 21:42
Hogwarts
Reducio
Coming Soon
Reducio
Coming Soon
Reducio
Coming Soon
Reducio
Coming Soon

Relatives

Harris Dunmore
Father
Harris Dunmore was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. His parents did not want to raise a family in the city so when Harris was four, they moved out to Grantown-on-Spey. They owned a small restaurant, and the Dunmore’s made a modest living. Harris grew up and went off to college. When he came back home for the holidays Harris stole Crissy’s mother’s heart. They moved back to the city when Harris’s parents passed. There they had Crissy. When Crissy was only three, her parents were invited to a distant cousin’s wedding. They left Crissy behind, and sadly passed away when their plane crashed. Crissy does not know much about her father. She has some memories of a happy life, her father enjoyed strumming on an old guitar while her mother danced around their living room. Harris had an old journal he jotted ideas down in, that Crissy cherishes and writes in now from time-to-time. It makes her feel like she is having a conversation with him.
Aileen Dunmore
Mother
Aileen Dunmore was born in Grantown-on-Spey. She was the eldest of two girls. Aileen’s parents had a very toxic relationship. Her father was the town drunk, and not a faithful man. When Aileen and her sister were still kids, he ran off with another woman, they never heard from him again. Aileen was a great beauty, and everyone in the town complimented her on it. Aileen was aware of her looks and the effect they had on men and women alike. She had always been sweet on Harris though. And when he returned from college, she fell for him hard. Aileen was heart broken when her mother passed away. Harris proposed to her not long after that, and they ran away from their hometown to escape the bad memories.
Lesley Gall
Aunt
Aunt Lesley was the younger of the Gall sisters. She had always lived in her sister’s shadow growing up. Lesley was not ugly by any means, there just was not anything remarkable about her. After years of being compared to the exquisite Aileen she was not sad to see her sister move off. That did not mean she was not sad to hear of her only sister’s passing. Lesley was less than thrilled that she had been named custodian of their child though. She was set in her ways, coming and going as she pleased, not having to worry about anyone but herself. And when she looked into Crissy’s eyes, she saw the ghost of her sister starring back at her. Lesley works nights at a local pub and has little to do with Crissy. She is less than thrilled to learn that Crissy is a witch but is thrilled by the idea that she will be gone for the school year.
Last edited by Crissy Dunmore on 24 Jul 2020, 18:39, edited 6 times in total.

17 Jul 2020, 22:13
Explicit Content Warning

-Billie Eilish | You should see me in a crown
-Halsey | Nightmare
-Linkin Park | One More Light
-Halsey | Without Me
-Flyleaf | All Around Me
-Pink Floyd | Wish You Were Here
-Fleetwood Mac | Dreams
-Lana Del Rey | Season of the Witch
Last edited by Crissy Dunmore on 24 Jul 2020, 15:55, edited 2 times in total.

17 Jul 2020, 23:18
+Nature
+Tea
+Classic rock & roll
+Her mother's necklace
+Mermaids
+Coffee
+The color green
+Spicy food
+Antiques
+Journaling
+Wildflowers
+Exploring
Dislikes
-Spiders
-Rain
-Fear of drowning
(never learned to swim)
-Her Aunt
-Her hometown
-Dark colors
-Fear of failure
Her Journal
Crissy’s father left behind an old journal he kept around that he liked to jot ideas down in. When he passed, and Crissy was sent off to live with her aunt, she did not get to keep much. Crissy had kept his journal though. Next to her mother’s necklace that she wears every day, this is her most prized possession. She enjoys writing her daily adventures down in it and keeping track of her dreams. If you spy her deep in thought scribbling away in it, do not be surprised if she does not pay attention to you. And do not take it personal. She is in her own world, imagining that she is carrying on a conversation with her father.