Register
Sign in

25 Jun 2020, 18:30
Cricket A. Mercury ✵ Second Year ✵ Gryffindor
"You might belong in Gryffindor where dwell the brave at heart. Their daring nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart”

Full Name: Cricket Aila Mercury
Nickname(s): Crick, Casper
Residence: Aberdeen, Scotland
Species: Dhampir
Birthday: March 21, 2008
Zodiac Sign: Aries
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear"

House: Gryffindor
Year: Second
Blood Status: Pure-blood
Clans and Clubs: LGBTQIAP+ Club ~ Member
Patronus: (suggestion for 6th year) Mongrel Dog
Boggart: Her loved ones with bite marks on their necks
Amortentia: Fresh wood, wet soil, and roses
Polyjuice: Dark red, slightly shimmering, bubbling, tastes of cinnamon and mango
Mirror of Erised: A crowd of fans, cheering her on while she's positioned in front of a microphone stand with a guitar in her hand
"It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit"

Pronouns: She / Her
Languages Spoken: English, French, and Dutch
Dominant Hand: Right
Ability To See Thestrals: N/A
Sexuality: Bisexual, leans towards girls
Myers-Briggs: ENFJ
Voice Claim While Speaking: WIP
Voice Claim While Singing: Dodie Clark
Face Claim: Jade Weber
Height: 5'1 feet (155 cm)
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"

23,9 cm Chestnut Wood and Troll Whisker
Reducio
Chestnut Wood:
This is a most curious, multi-faceted wood, which varies greatly in its character depending on the wand core, and takes a great deal of colour from the personality that possesses it. The wand of chestnut is attracted to witches and wizards who are skilled tamers of magical beasts, those who possess great gifts in Herbology, and those who are natural fliers. However, when paired with dragon heartstring, it may find its best match among those who are overfond of luxury and material things, and less scrupulous than they should be about how they are obtained. Conversely, three successive heads of the Wizengamot have possessed chestnut and unicorn wands, for this combination shows a predilection for those concerned with all manner of justice.

Troll Whisker:
Troll whiskers are the facial hairs of trolls. A magical substance, they can be used as wand cores, though in modern times it is considered an inferior substance to Garrick Ollivander's three Supreme Cores. The wand of Sir Cadogan was rumoured to have contained a troll whisker core
"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

Cricket has always been very pale and sensitive to sunlight and has gaps where her canine teeth are supposed to be because she's a Dhampir. One sunny day, Cricket was being careless and went outside when the sun was shining brightly. After spending around one hour and a half in the bold sun, she started to feel every dizzy and like her skin was about to burst. She got badly burned and received a scar on her right arm that is still there to this day. But apart from that, she has long dirty blonde hair and big ocean blue eyes. At home, she would always wear a short sleeve shirt with ripped jeans and a dark blue beanie. Whenever it got cold, she would slip on one of her any hoodies. For her shoe choice, she would usually wear hightops or in the Winter, black boots. Cricket has never found proper witch attire to be very comfortable, so whenever she doesn't have to be in her school robes, she is either wearing a band shirt with ripped jeans and hightops or a comfortable hoodie, sweatpants, and boots.
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"

Cricket is very outgoing, ambitious, smart, optimistic, and friendly. She tends to express herself more often in front of people she personally knows. What people don't know is that Cricket may seem all peppy and fun, but she always felt like there was a piece of her missing. Like if she were a puzzle and she were missing half the pieces. Although she is very friendly, she doesn't have many friends and she does know why. Most of her friends are animals, and since she's sensitive to sunlight, she can't go outside when it is very bright or else she will get very sunburned and hurt
"The devil whispered in my ear, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm.' Today I whispered in the devil's ear, 'I am the storm'"

Cricket's home is a beautiful manor in the middle of the woods in Aberdeen, Scotland. She used to attend Muggle school from ages 5 to 9 but was homeschooled after due to the fact that Cricket was getting bullied. Cricket met her best, and only human friend, Henry Knight, when the Mercury's went on holiday when Cricket was 7 underneath a tree at Godric's Hollow.

Her mother is an Auror while her father works at the Ministry of Magic, they both attended Hogwarts together. Cricket's father, Eden, was a Dhampir and a half-blood yet her mother, Indigo, was a human and a pure-blood. Eden and Indigo first met on the train to Hogwarts, Indigo with her nose stuck in some books and Eden trying to figure out how he just ran through a brick wall. Eden's mother died when he was 4 years old due to cancer. His Muggle father was left to raise Eden on his own, therefor, Eden had no idea about the wonderful world that lied behind the brick wall of The Leaky Cauldron until one day, his faithful letter to Hogwarts had arrived. Eden walked into the compartment that Indigo was sitting at and they locked eyes. They started the relationship when they were both in their fourth year, got married at 23, and gave birth to their beautiful daughter, Cricket at 25. Indigo never cared that Eden was a Dhampir, she just cared that she had someone to care for her and love her.

Cricket is very fond of music. When she was 7 years old, her father went to Muggle Scotland and brought her back a musical instrument called a 'Ukulele.' Cricket had the time of her life whenever she played it and soon after started writing her own songs. On her 8th birthday, her parents had bought her an electric guitar and a drum set so she could start making the kind of music she loves to listen to, which is rock and indie. Cricket one day hopes to start a band with a few close friends, but she hasn't found anyone who plays instruments yet.

Cricket had her first instance of magic when she was 9 and on a walk in the woods. She encountered a squirrel and wanted to pet it. She went up to the squirrel and put her hand out. It drew closer to her but as soon as they touched, the squirrel flew into the air. Cricket ran home and told her parents about her strange meeting with the squirrel. Her parents were very pleased to find out that their lovely daughter was indeed, magical.
"You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well"
Last edited by Cricket Mercury on 7 Jun 2021, 02:42, edited 25 times in total.

"The sky is full of dreams, but you don't know how to fly" ~ The Killers

28 Jun 2020, 00:44

Summer of Quidditch | Henry Knight | Finished
- Exploring campgrounds can get a bit deep sometimes
Frazzled Nerves | Eyre Reeves, Henry Knight | Finished
- One compartment, three first years, what could possibly go wrong?
Picture Book | Wyatt Starkey | Finished
- The finding of a disturbing drawing turns into a feud
Ha! What Did You Say? | Lindsey Springhall | Finished
- How misfortunate would it be to be paired up with your enemy?
An Unexpected Summer | Charles Simmons, Henry Knight | Abandoned
-One Summer with two Dhampirs sharing a tent
An Unexpected Encounter | Altair Cometnova | Abandoned
- Clearings are really neat, especially when you can relax with a friend
Unexpected Family? | Henry Knight | Abandoned
-Looks like someone's engaged!
Been A While | Alec Mason, Clifton Troublefield, Kate Elm, Wyatt Starkey | Ongoing
- Some of us hate each other, some of us don't, yet we're still hanging out
Build Me Up, Buttercup | Cassandra Ironwoods | Ongoing
- One simple duet could lead to so much more
Long Time, No See | Henry Knight | Finished
- So much can change in just a week and a half
How Things Change | Henry Knight | Ongoing
-The worst type of breakup is between two best friends
"For every different role you play it's nice to have different challenges for each one"
Last edited by Cricket Mercury on 14 Sep 2020, 18:09, edited 25 times in total.

28 Jun 2020, 00:46
Relationships:

Gryffindors-
Reducio
Eyre Reeves - Neutral | Acquaintance: Eyre was the first person I met at Hogwarts. We met on the Hogwarts Express when my best friend, Henry, and I were searching for an empty compartment. I had to tell him I was a Dhampir, I had no choice! The trolley witch had asked me if I was in front of him while I was ordering a blood flavoured lolli. We don't talk much...I wonder why?

Alec Mason - TBD

Hufflepuffs-
Reducio
Altair Cometnova - Like | Acquaintance: Altair and I both enjoy the same subjects, music and art. Before our second year, she had gotten lost during summer camp and wound up thinking my tent was hers. We talked for a bit and relaxed while observing the sky in a nice clearing she brought me to.

Lindsey Springhall - Dislike | Acquaintance: Lindsey, or 'The Lake' as I like to call her, were paired up for partners during Potions class. She was quite rude for a Hufflepuff. While we were making Bruise Removal Paste and I was missing my Abraxan Hair. I wonder if she stole it...

Clifton Troublefield - TBD

Ravenclaws-
Reducio
Jackson Lockwood - TBD

Slytherins-
Reducio
Henry Knight - Strongly like | Best friend: Henry and I have been best friends ever since we met at the Leaky Cauldron when we 7 and on holiday. I found him reading under a tree, which I found since I was in need of shade. We've always been close and nothing could ever tear us apart, even though he's a Slytherin and I am a Gryffindor.

Charles Simmons - Neutral | Tent-mate: Charles had been assigned to be Henry and I's tent-mate during the summer camp before second year. He ran out of the tent after he found out that we were both Dhampirs, which in my book, isn't the best first impression. He made it up with a nice apology and we became friends over bonding about being Dhampirs.

Wyatt Starkey - Slightly dislike | Acquaintance: I found one of Wyatt's sketches under a tree near the Great Lake and decided to return it to him. Some words were said and I ended up slapping him before he even knew my name. I may have said some things that I've been holding inside for a while, but I don't think he really cared. After all, he's supposed to be 'intimidating' and not have feelings. I can't help but think that he is pretty cute though...

Cassandra Ironwoods - Crush | TBD

Family-
Reducio
Eden Mercury - Strongly like | Father | Former Slytherin

[bIndigo Siren -[/b] Strongly Like | Mother | Former Ravenclaw

Eric Mercury - Like | Uncle | Squib

Robin Simpson - Dislike | Aunt | Muggle

Alexa, Alan, and Max Mercury - Strongly dislike | Cousins | Muggles

Blade - Strongly like | Best friend | Bat

Phoenix Mercury - Haven't met | Long lost brother
WIP
Last edited by Cricket Mercury on 23 Sep 2020, 15:28, edited 18 times in total.

17 Jul 2020, 01:35
Pre-Hogwarts:

First Year:
Second Year:

Third Year:
Fourth Year:
Fifth Year:
Sixth Year:
Seventh Year:
Adulthood:
WIP
Last edited by Cricket Mercury on 15 Sep 2020, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

15 Sep 2020, 15:35
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry
Student ID
▱ ▱ ▱
═══════════
═══
═══════════
═════════════
NAME
Cricket A. Mercury