SUN SIGN
Capricorn
MOON SIGN
Virgo
DIET
Lacto Vegetarian
BACKSTORY
Reducio
When she was born, Autumn Ivy took the world by storm. At least, that's what her father used to say when she had questioned him about it. Her mother's answer was a lot more concise. She had been born on a stormy Tuesday night in the middle of Winter. The hospital had been busy and loud, and even in the midst of pain like she had never experienced before, her mother had felt claustrophobic.

Autumn didn't remember her birth, and she didn't remember her younger sister Naomi's either. But her parents did. The beginning of August, in the late afternoon. One of few dry London days. According to their parents, it was a lot less panicked than Autumn's, and when Naomi met her older sister, Autumn's reaction was the only to bypass the joy of their parents'. She obviously couldn't remember the events, she'd only been two, but she could perfectly describe the feeling she'd felt then. How could she not, when it was what she felt every time she saw her little sister?

When Autumn was 7, her father, Evan Ivy, passed. She'd had a pretty normal childhood until the moment, and she pondered years down the line whether she'd have been a completely different person, had he lived. The grief hit her family in the harshest of waves, seemingly endless with each strike more painful. Naomi's usual wit and charisma, always making her seem far older than she was, turned into uncertainty and fear, because she really just was a kid.

So was Autumn, but she'd never been ready to accept that, and as she experienced her grief, it showed. She had always been introverted, withdrawn, the typical quiet kid with her gaze trained on her books and her mouth zipped tight. But her grief did something to her, something she didn't think could or should be put to words, and she was distancing herself from everyone, replacing the emotions threating to spill out until they consumed her with a careful stoicism. She became hostile, pushing everyone but Naomi away. And even with her young sister, the person who mattered the most to her, there was a distance. A different one- less practiced. As if she was accommodating for a frailness that wasn't there.

Growing up, Autumn had always found her mum, Achara Ivy, better known by her nickname of Ruth, to be calm in the most terrible of situations. She was organised, resolute, cool-headed and dependable. Autumn had thought there had been an implication, with her being the adult and the most consistent and reliable one Autumn had ever known, that she'd be someone she and Naomi could rely on for support. But Ruth had easily the worst reaction of the three. Where Naomi was confused and frightened and Autumn was angry and alone, Ruth was indescribably hurt and the wall keeping her emotions safe and hidden fell apart without warning. Her hurt brought out the worst in her.

She had always been strict, the "bad cop" to Evan's good one, but refusing to deal with her grief the way her two daughters, far too young for so much pain, had done, left her antagonistic. Her denial seeped out as anger. Maybe there was a bit of awareness there, because her anger never targeted her youngest. The overwhelming mix of emotions made her lash out; and Autumn was there to take the worst of the damage. Maybe, however, the possible awareness wasn't there, or maybe her grief had truly clouded Ruth's head, blocking out everything else, but she hadn't considered that watching her older sister get berated for the smallest things would also have an impact on Naomi.

PERSONALITY
Reducio
A natural cynic at heart, Autumn strives to find the worst in every situation. She switches between moods of anxiety, regret and boredom and talks almost solely sarcasm and lies. She holds herself to impossibly high expectations and finds herself ashamed when she cannot constantly meet them. She comes off as reserved and intimidating, brooding quietly and usually just fading into the background. She's naturally observant, and prefers watching events from the sidelines. When put into situations she isn't prepared for, especially social ones, she finds herself alienated and uncomfortable. She lacks the social skills of a leader and the complacency of a follower, so often finds that she doesn't fit easily into groups of people, choosing instead to be by herself if given the choice.

Although she exists in a consistent state of indifference and apathy, Autumn can become dangerous if given the incentive to do so. Her attentiveness to her surroundings and distinct lack of a moral compass result in her becoming capable of great harm, and her fear of being controlled or manipulated can make her unpredictable and scarier. Although it's hard to become her friend, those who do have her full loyalty.

Autumn is intelligent, insightful and strategic; although she is also studious, she isn't enough of an eager learner to put much effort into her work. She performs well academically, but this is due largely to natural intelligence over effort. She can become nurturing and kind to those extremely close to her, but remains spiteful and malicious toward most.
Last edited by Autumn Ivy on 31 Jul 2023, 11:52, edited 43 times in total.

“THE WORLD WON'T GIVE YOU ANY GIFTS. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A LIFE, STEAL IT.”
sixth sense, perfectionist, comprehend languages, terrible presence / sta- 8, eva- 9, str- 7, wis- 7, arc- 10, acc- 10
“LONELINESS WILL SIT OVER OUR ROOFS WITH BROODING WINGS”

19 May 2020, 03:09
autumn ivy ♣ fifth year ♣ hufflepuff
- trunk -
stats.
stamina | 8
evasion | 9
strength | 7
wisdom | 7
arcane power | 10
accuracy | 10

(Duelling Win 1)
race.
human
spells.
Reducio
first year
dancing-feet spell | tarantallegra
mending charm | reparo
levitation charm | wingardium leviosa
wand-lighting charm | lumos
wand-extinguishing charm | nox
locking spell | colloportus
unlocking charm | alohomora
umbrella spell | pluvia velo
matchstick to needle | conmutocus
untransfiguration | reparifarge
four-point spell | point me
green sparks charm | verdimillious
red spark charm | periculum
curse of the bogies | mucus ad nauseam
knockback jinx | flipendo
smokescreen spell | fumos
cleaning charm | scourgify
snowflake-creating spell | nix facitur
fire-making spell | incendio
extinguishing charm | extinguo

graduation to second year
severing charm | diffindo
softening charm | spongify
packing charm | pack
tickling charm | rictusempra

second year
general counter-spell | finite incantatem
freezing charm | immobulus
revealing charm | revelio
illegibility charm | illegibilus
slowing charm | arresto momentum
engorgement charm | engorgio
shrinking charm | reducio
avifors spell | avifors
purple firecrackers-conjuration charm | violaceous
color-changing charm | colorvaria
clothing color-changing charm | multicorfors
hair color-changing charm | crinus muto
squiggle quill spell | vermiculafors
gluing spell | epoximise
hardening charm | duro
blindfolding spell | obscuro
tongue-tying spell | mimblewimble
disarming charm | expelliarmus
bluebell flames | caeruleus inflamarae
hot-air charm | aer calidus
sun-light charm | lumos solem
weather-modifying charm | metelojinx
weather-modifying countercharm | meteolojinx recanto
weather-modifying charm variant | meteolojinx
atmospheric charm | caelum muto
blue sparks charm | caerulimillious
fire-making spell | incendio duo
slug-vomiting charm | slugulus eructo
flower-conjuring spell | orchideous
slippery-jinx | lubricus
paper mending charm | papyrus reparo

graduation to third year
ascension spell | alarte ascendare
descension spell | descendo

third year
bandaging charm | ferula
healing spell | reparifors
wind jinx | ventus
wand-lighting charm duo | lumos duo
radiant wand-lighting charm | lumos maxima
summoning charm | accio
banishing charm | depulso
singing jinx | cantis
guinea fowl to guinea pig | avum porcus
porcupine [or hedgehog] to pincushion | hystrifors
teapot to gerbil | jerbollam
teapot to rat | ratollam
teapot to ferret | migaleollam
teapot to tortoise | terachelys
teacup to tortoise | tazachelys
tail-growing hex | cauda incrementum
fish transformation spell | piscifors
fish to flower | piscimutatio
teddy bear to spider | arachmutatio
boggart-banishing spell | riddikulus
revulsion jinx | relashio
snake summons spell | serpensortia
snake-vanishing spell | vipera evanesca
full body-bind curse | petrificus totalus
freezing spell | glacius
hovering charm | sublevo brevis
spider conjuration spell | arachnos
water-heating spell | aqua fervens
cracker jinx | nec divinos crepitus
cheering charm | serenate
bravery charm | animosus
sealant charm | consigno
gripping charm | inhaeresco
hurling hex | iacta
water repelling charm | impervius
potions.
Reducio
first year
cure for boils
herbicide potion
forgetfulness potion
antidote to common poisons
antidote to uncommon poisons
bruise removal paste
burn healing paste
babbling beverage
confusing concoction
dizziness draught
muffling draught
dogbreath potion
pompion potion

second year
drowsiness draught
sleeping draught
murtlap essence
pepperup potion
anti-paralysis-potion
black-fire-potion
deflating draught
swelling solution
calming draught
gregory’s unctuous unction

third year
grand pepperup potion
mandrake restorative draught
revive potion
befuddlement draught
laugh inducing potion
bulgeye potion
fire breathing potion
memory potion
scintillation solution
madam's glossy silver polish
pet tonic

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

5 Jul 2020, 11:02
[placeholder for personality and appearance]
Last edited by Autumn Ivy on 29 Nov 2021, 10:27, edited 4 times in total.

sixth sense, perfectionist, comprehend languages, terrible presence / sta- 8, eva- 9, str- 7, wis- 7, arc- 10, acc- 10

15 Sep 2020, 06:08
Last edited by Autumn Ivy on 23 Jan 2021, 01:52, edited 6 times in total.

21 Sep 2020, 12:38
[placeholder for family and npc friends from autumn's past]
Last edited by Autumn Ivy on 29 Nov 2021, 10:27, edited 5 times in total.

9 Oct 2020, 09:41
Relationships
Inactive/Deactivated users are striken-through
Slytherin
Sky Evans - Unsure - "Good at drawing birds. Instinctively defensive and snappy. I wonder if there is a reason for it."
Wyatt Starkey - Mixed Feelings - "Well, to get the obvious part down; Starkey hates me. The hate is completely rightful, but it's still relevant. I am not sure how I feel about him, though. He's... annoying? No, that's not it. Pitiful? No, no, even he doesn't deserve that. He's defensive, and skeptical, and sarcastic, and angry, yet an oddly interesting individual. I know that. But I do not know how I feel about him."
Leonard Oaksworth - Neutral/Positive Acquaintance - "Well, he lied to me, was passive aggressive to a Gryffindor, and suggested stealing as a date idea. So he is on my good books. However, there was that part when he asked me to the Autumn Ball, so I have my doubts on his intelligence."
Ravenclaw
Lizzie Verdine - Unsure - "Stole a rose from the library and analysed a stranger verbally, to the stranger's face. Strange, yet intriguing."
Claudia Gears - Neutral/Negative Acquaintance - "She has an eyepatch and she seems to be bad at lying and telling her name. That is all I know about her. I am not a fan."
Jackson Lockwood - Unsure - "A graffiti artist. An impressive one at that. He was out after curfew, so I doubt he's one to care for the rules. Your friendly neighbourhood emo, from what I make of him."
Mars T'ien - Positive Acquaintance - "My temporary ally for the water fight, until they quit. Not that it was their fault. Frankly, it was mainly mine. We also chatted a little in a scavanger hunt we were both taking part in. Their presence is tolerable, if not enjoyable and appreciated."
Nell Zoldak - Unsure - "Girl with the courage of a Gryffindor, the wit of a Ravenclaw, and the cunning of a Slytherin. Admirable yet detestable."
Hufflepuff
Annie Morgan - Neutral Acquaintance - "We played truth or dare together. She seems tolerable. That is, for a prefect."
Aeri Vento - Positive Acquaintance - "My quill pall. Interesting name for an interesting girl."
Alina Rosier - Neutral Acquaintance - "I've seen her here and there. We played truth or dare, took part in the great potions accident together, and once she did a card reading for me. No strong feelings for now, though."
Aurelia Yang - Positive Acquaintance/Possible Friend - "How do I explain Aurelia? She's excitable and lively, yet is one of the only sane people in this hellhole."
Jess Malters - Unsure, Leaning Positive - "She seems to be quite the reader, so she's alright on my list, I suppose, although I do not know her enough to be sure."
Callista Lovis - Unsure - "I greeted her and she bowed at me. I am both confused and concerned, but confused more so.
Gryffindor
Ivy Bellamy - Negative Acquaintance - "I found her in the library once. Our interaction was not a positive one. She accused a stranger of being a stalker. Short temper. I am doing my best to avoid her."
Anastasia Beckett - Unsure, Leaning Negative - "The victim of many rumours. Short temper. Large reputation. I'd rather stay away, as she seems to be unstable, emphasized by her interaction with Scarlet Aden, who made the mistake of provoking her."
Marshal Mozor - Negative Acquaintance - "Marlow? He's too happy. It's suspicious. He seems reckless. He also tricked me, which is unacceptable, but I respect that he was able to do so. In the end, my feelings concerning him are not exactly positive."
Professors
None yet.
Beauxbatons
None yet.
Ilvermony
None yet.
Durmstrang
None yet.

Last edited by Autumn Ivy on 26 Jul 2021, 13:14, edited 10 times in total.

31 Dec 2021, 03:44
Character Inspirations
Octavia
────
Helluva Boss
"This place reeks of insecure corporate shame."
Mai
────
"Please tell me you're here to kill me."
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
────
MARVEL
["So what's it gonna be, huh? Long sullen silence or mean comment?"]
"You got me in a box here."
Virgil
────
Sanders Sides
"Oh, I'm sorry. Was I not wanted at this exact second?"
Janis Ian
────
Mean Girls
"You smell like a baby prostitute."