๐‘ช๐’๐’‚๐’ โ–น ๐˜ž๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ง
โ—ƒ ๐˜๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜บ โ–น
โ—ƒ ๐‘ญ๐’†๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’† โ–น
โ—ƒ Native American โ–น
โ—ƒ Horned-Serpent โ–น
๐‘จ๐’‘๐’“๐’Š๐’ 17, 1987
๐‘ฉ๐’๐’๐’๐’… ๐‘บ๐’•๐’‚๐’•๐’–๐’” โ–น Wizardborn
โ—ƒ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ โ–น
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ...ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Mohawk:โ–น Iakohsatens Ashonโ€™thรฉn:ne ( Translation: She-Rides-At-Night)
Christian: โ–น Katherine
Given Name: โ–น Kateri (Gah-Deh-lee) Karr (Gahr)
Nicknames: โ–น Kat, Lee-Lee, Garr, 'Daylily' (ex-husband's pet name)
Origins: โ–น Christian name was given to her in memory of the Mohawk Saint Kateri Tekakwitha who was also called Katherine. Otherwise a Mohawk person is given one name at birth traditionally and it is not used again for anyone else.
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
Ethnicity: First Nations People - Iroquois Confederacy
(Mohawk or Kanien'kรฉhaka - Wolf Clan)
Languages Known: Mohawk, French, English
Hometown: St.Regis Reservation, Northern Akwesasne New York near the US/Can Border. (Ahkwesรกhsne)
Recent Residence: Aberdeen, Scotland.

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ€€โ ๐”ธ ๐•ก ๐•ก ๐•– ๐•’ ๐•ฃ ๐•’ ๐•Ÿ ๐•” ๐•– โžใ€€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
Kateri has long raven black hair that goes to her waist. It has never been cut as part of Mohawk traditions and beliefs. Though loose for the most part she does at times braid it back on either side of her head.
Her skin is a creamy tan hue with a lighter toned birth mark on the left side of her chest just above her heart. Her chocolate brown eyes are framed by sharp facial features with high cheekbones and strong jawline.
She has a toned body physique from her active lifestyle, very much an "outdoorsman." She sometimes dons traditional Mohawk garb but daily sticks to modern articles of clothing, not so much the outlandish Wizarding wardrobe she often sees since her time in Scotland.
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ€€โ โ„™ ๐•– ๐•ฃ ๐•ค ๐•  ๐•Ÿ ๐•’ ๐• ๐•š ๐•ฅ ๐•ช โžใ€€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
Kateri hold tradition and culture very close to her heart. She has an old soul and is prone to having a very black and white mindset with situations. Sometimes she comes off as aloof or cold but it is mostly from being raised in a tight knit tribe with the tradition of members to be reserved. She speaks slowly and thoughtfully
with a very patient demeanor. Though a private person when Kateri let's someone in she is fiercely loyal. Attending a Muggle University has opened Kateri up socially and given her a more outgoing side as opposed to many of her people who still remain extremely reserved. Those around her find her quite respectful and compassionate especially when it comes to nature.
โ„™๐• ๐•ค๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐•ง๐•–ใ€€
ใ€€๏ผจ๏ฝ…๏ฝ’ ๏ผจ๏ฝ๏ฝ—๏ฝŒใ€€
ใ€€โ„•๐•–๐•˜๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐•ง๐•–
Sociable ใ€€
ใ€€๏ผฆ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ„ ๏ผฉ๏ฝ”๏ฝ“ใ€€
ใ€€Unforgiving
Protectiveใ€€
ใ€€๏ผท๏ฝ๏ฝ™ ๏ผก๏ฝƒ๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝ“ใ€€
ใ€€Self-Reliant
Compassionateใ€€
ใ€€๏ผด๏ฝˆ๏ฝ… ๏ผฎ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ‡๏ฝˆ๏ฝ”ใ€€
ใ€€Forthright

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."-Elie Wiesel

6 May 2020, 03:50
Kateri Karr ~ Astronomy Professor

Collage done by @Ariana Walker

History
Personal History: Kateri was born and raised on the Mohawk reservation in Franklin County New York. Her parents are both some of the last within the tribe to not have such a heavily diluted bloodline in comparison to others. Both are from Wizarding lines as well and have passed their magical abilities down to Kateri and her eldest brother, Hadawako (Shaking Snow.) Her four other siblings have not shown any evident signs nor had letters from Illvermorny. Keeping to her strong ties to family even throughout her time at Illvermorny, Kateri prides herself in her tribe's rich culture that sadly is starting to diminish.

Magical History: First sign of abilities at age 6 levitating her mother's medicinal talisman to her while she lay in bed ill. Through her childhood there were other instances of magic but with the traditional Mohawk culture it was simply widely accepted as a special gift and not feared. Growing up she lived on the reservation and attended Illvermorny as a Horned Serpent.

While Attending School:
Strengths: Astronomy, Divination and Transfiguration
Weakness: Flying, Arithmancy
Excelled in Potions and Struggled with Muggle Studies as well as Herbology with the magical plants she did not grow up knowing.

After School:
Taking time to travel a year after Illvermorny graduation and continuing her studies, Kateri visited various countries and experienced new cultures all over Europe. She attended the University of Aberdeen in Scotland despite the separation she had grown up with both in the Muggle world being Native American and Magical, though the latter being more accepting. She settled in Aberdeen after the death of her mother in 2010 and decided to finish her studies from a promise she made to her mother. Upon graduating Kateri returned her attention to the Magic World and looked into working for the Ministry.

At Hogwarts:
When Kateri was approached for a position at Hogwarts she was beyond thrilled. Taking time to weigh all possibilities and how this might change her life, keeping her from her people, Kateri decided ultimately it was the universe showing her where she was needed most.

Kat strives to be as inclusive as possible in her lessons. She believes there can be learning beyond the books and information placed in front of a student. Seeing how her own Iroquois people struggled and continue to do so, Kateri feels compelled to open the eyes of those both Muggle and Magical to the world around them. Having an intense respect for nature she would hold some classes outside and tie in a respect to the natural world they live in and not just a Scientific viewpoint. Balance in life and in all things is one of Kateri's priorities.
Family
Relationships
Everyone is in order of when I met them and based on Event or Private threads.
Larger group threads might not have given me enough to really go off of, should you wish to thread with me and meet Owl me!
ใ€PROFESSORSใ€‘

โ”œใ€€Cypresse Lianใ€€โ”คใ€€ โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
I've known Lian for a couple of years now after her coming to the States. Probably the only person around me currently that truly knows the inner workings of my mind and private thoughts/emotions. Lian is like a sister to me and will always remain as such. I would gladly place my life before hers in any situation.
โ”œใ€€River Jemariใ€€โ”คโ €ใ€€ โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
I don't know much about Jemari yet in truth.. He caught me in the kitchens baking for students but we haven't interacted much as of lately. Students seem to like him and enjoy his class so he can't be all that bad.
โ”œใ€€Aleksander Ostrowskiใ€€โ”คโ €โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
Talk about aloof... I'm honestly not sure where I stand with him. There seems to be more to him but I can't wrap my head around him.
โ”œใ€€Marcus Iwasakiใ€€โ”คโ €โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
Another curious fellow that has started here at Hogwarts. Our first meeting was interesting, breaking up a sleepover with Miss Walker. A strict man... but not someone I sense as cruel..
โ”œใ€€Caradoc Browneใ€€โ”คโ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
A pleasure to work with during the Summer holidays! He knew a lot about setting up the BBQ area and helped out. It was nice to see how all the students interacted with him and the smiles he created on everyone's face.
โ”œใ€€Gargott Dunaidใ€€โ”คโ €โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
Another who was a part of the BBQ event this Summer. I didn't have much time to chat with him outside of duties but he seems friendly.

ใ€STUDENTSใ€‘

โ”œโ €Rafael D'Spacitoโ € โ”คใ€€โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
He was the first to come to my office and speak to me upon settling into my new job here at Hogwarts. It is obvious he does not trust quick. He has a good head on his shoulders if only he was not afraid to let go and wouldn't hold himself back.
โ”œใ€€Katrina Walkerใ€€โ”คใ€€โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
Miss Walker has truly been through a great deal in such a short amount of time. I have spoken to her on several occasions and she does well in class. I have offered her a place to stay during this Summer and hope to help her through her future at Hogwarts.
โ”œใ€€Calanthe Choiใ€€โ”คใ€€โ€”โ€” โ‹˜โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ‹™
Despite the circumstances of us meeting and having a chance to speak outside of class...involving detention, Miss Choi seems to me as a bright young lady. Though she refuses to see that. There seems to be more going on here...

6 May 2020, 03:50
Roleplay Listing
-หห‹ โ—โ”œ Finished ใ€€ใ€€ โ—‹ โ”œ In Progress ใ€€ใ€€Nameโ”œ Abandoned หŠหŽ-

ใ€May 2020 - End Termใ€‘
โ—‹ Second Goodbye
โ—‹ The Necklace
โ—‹ Coping With It All
โ—‹ Eat, You'll Feel Better
โ—‹ Change of Heart
โ—‹ A Pillow Fort of Epic Proportions

Blossom Ball 2020 - Event
โ— Sending Out an S.O.S
โ— Main Pitch/Ball Area
โ— Changing Rooms

ใ€Summer 2020ใ€‘
โ—‹ BBQ Event Thread

Misc.
Artwork
Painting done by the wonderful @Celynne Gray
Reducio

3 Jun 2020, 05:16
Abilities: Fearless | Wandless | Non-Verbal Magic

Stats: Stamina: 8 | Evasion: 11 | Strength: 9 |
Wisdom: 20 | Arcane Power: 10 | Accuracy: 12 |

Items: Item 1 | Item 2 | Item ?
Spells known:
Reducio
- Incantation 1
- Incantation 2
- Incantation ?
Potions known:
Reducio
- Potion 1
- Potion 2
- Potion ?

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.