Register
Sign in

25 Mar 2018, 09:44
 Help Us  Forum Suggestions
Think something is missing?

Have an idea for the site?

Post Suggestions here!

RULES:
  1. Keep it positive. While criticism is fine, this isn't the place to rant about things you dislike.
  2. Discussion of ideas is fine but keep it constructive.

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

25 Mar 2018, 09:47
I have a suggestion for the site! I was wondering if there could perhaps be "general corridors" displayed on each floor at Hogwarts aside from just on the second level? This would help with student adventures and even having students chatting among the halls than needing to be in a specific place. Thanks!

Image Approved. They should appear soon. 

Stamina - 10| Evasion - 11| Strength - 10| Wisdom - 11| ArcPower - 10 | Accuracy - 11

5 Apr 2018, 01:58
When your making pets, could you perhaps add a bowtruckle, even as a companion? Newt from "fantastic beasts and where to find them" has one. My character has a bowtruckle, I decided to give her one because I remember when Newt's bowtruckle stuck his tongue out at him and he was adorable. 

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

11 May 2018, 06:43
Hello there!

First off, I've said it before and I will say it again that I absolutely adore everything you guys have put together here at Hogwarts.io! It is amazing, and I truly am thankful for it and LOVING every bit of being a Hogwarts student!

I also want to say that I love that there is a system in place for dueling, and I fully appreciate the amount of time it has taken and the number of heads that have surely come together to work on this, all just to make a few people on the internet extremely happy. I think that is a wonderful, amazing thing that was done, so thank you for that. It looks like it's going to be extremely fun, too! I always pictured my character as an avid duelist, so both me and her are incredibly excited!

I'm sure you can tell by now that I am really passionate about this, which is why I wanted to share some ideas that I had with you. I feel like our characters should be able to earn stat points from participating in duels in the chamber. I know it may contradict a lot of things that were put in place for a reason, but it honsetly makes sense to me because if my character is out practicing each day in the chamber, she should theoretically be learning more than someone who isn't practicing in the chamber. There could be limits that are set, where maybe students are only allowed to start one duel per week to make sure that nobody abuses the system, if we are afraid of that sort of thing.

I also feel like it may be a really great thing if we could earn a point for duels lost, and maybe 2 points for duels won, because this makes the most sense to me both ICly and OOCly. If someone loses a duel, they have still learned something (arguably, they may have even learned more from the loss than they would from a win), and they definitely learned more than someone who didn't participate in a duel at all.

Another thing to note is that I also could kind of see it happening where the people who win all their duels right off that bat will only continue to improve while the people that lost (and maybe they only lost due to luck, honestly) don't see any improvement at all. This would create an environment where it would be incredibly difficult for the "losers" to catch up to the "winners", creating an ever-expanding divide in dueling ability.

That being said, I also think it would be fair to give students that are Straight-O students some stat points as well, so that their hard work in the classroom would also be appreciated. I'm not able to do classes yet, so I don't know how much work it takes to get to an O, but I'm sure it's definitely not easy. 

I completely understand I may be the only person who feels this way, and I don't mind an inch if you ignore every bit of this post! I just really wanted to make the suggestion because I love this site and everyone here, and if my thoughts help anything at all, even if you go with something entirely different, then that would make me sincerely happy. I know that this site is RAPIDLY growing each day, and I can't wait for all of the awesome things it will create in the future! 

Thank you for sharing your opinion and ideas! We will forward this to Sebastian Cazarez so that he take a look at it! 

- The Staff

❤ Lettie Lancaster ❤
Sta: 5 | Agi: 7 | Str: 1 | Ctrl: 6 | Arc: 6 | Acc: 5

11 May 2018, 12:39
Could I suggest a thread that explains Hogwart’s actual school rules IC. So that we would know what would send us to detention and what would not. This would able us to have more control with out characters and how they get into trouble. If that is possible.

Image Approved (currently being made) 

──────────────
AURELIA NOTRÉSVACE | new poem! | x
──────────────
“One can never be too careful,”
STM — 5 | EVA — 19 | STR — 5 | WSD — 12 | ARC — 5 | ACC — 9
Lovely Creature — Evasive Manoeuvres — Monster Hunter — Terrible Presence

13 May 2018, 23:34
Is it possible to programme a notification for every time we can collect our scholarship. I keep forgetting...

Interesting idea, we will pass this idea to the Headmaster! 

- The Staff 

14 May 2018, 00:08
I'd like to suggest something that might seem ludicrous, but may help us students.

Could we have color coded notifications? An example would be that if someone quotes you, the remembrall would light up yellow, but if a teacher grades your homework, it would light up green. If there were multiple things then it would light up brown.

I love the website and please continue doing a great job!

Interesting idea, we will pass this idea to the Headmaster! 
- The Staff

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

18 May 2018, 07:33
What if there was a private forum? Either in each House or each Dormitory. Basically it's a normal forum but private for each character. This would be useful for things like plotnotes or class notes or lists of goals or things we need to remember for our character in game. The only people who would have access would be each character and perhaps staff.

I am not sure how this would work via coding but if that doesn't work maybe it'd be easier if there was one large forum in the enclopedia and each character could create their own thread which would then be private to just them.

Stamina: 1pt - Agility: 3pts - Strength: 2pts
Control: 8pts - Arcane Power: 9pts - Accuracy: 7pts

20 May 2018, 19:36
My suggestion is for the Discord, since it is a way to see posts immediately and quickly. It's to add a channel called "Open RP" (or something to that effect) where you can post the name of a thread and the location of any open rp you have started so that people who are interested in slipping into a thread know that you are open and active. You'd post something like "Name of Thread, Location: Any important information" so like "Reading a Book, Library: My character has singed their eyebrows off last potions class and is reading up on potions." Or something to that effect. I know there is a thread to look for roleplayers, but it requires people finding and looking at that thread, instead of a quick glance at the discord, which is, in my opinion, much easier.

22 May 2018, 21:27
I love this site. Really. 

Maybe it's something that bugs only me or I'm just that stupid, but would it be possible to have an auto-saving function on your homework? I was just about to finish and send in my potions homework but it got deleted. 

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |