Register
Sign in

9 Dec 2019, 21:39
 Help Us  Forum Suggestions
Hi! Thank you for all your ideas! ;)
Some are quite easy to do, others are really hard, or almost impossible, because the engine behind the website works differently. I won't answer to everything, but each time it is possible, I'll add it to my (huge) to do list.

I'll do my best, but as you may know, I have a very time-consuming job, so you will have to be patient. Meanwhile, please, do not hesitate! :D

10 Dec 2019, 23:58
My god, you're fast. was going to copy those over for you Zach. 

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

12 Dec 2019, 17:57
Maybe I'm somehow missing it if this exists, but if not, I think it'd be handy to be able to filter more than once in the address book. Instead of being restrained to search only one role, say Gryffindor, could there be a way to specify multiple roles? Ex: Gryffindors that are first-year and Quidditch players. You can see which function a person is through the list already, but being able to filter more I think would yield quicker results & lessen the amount of pages to go through.

P.S.xx𓆩*𓆪xxL.S.

17 Dec 2019, 14:12
I know Zach regularly checks here, but I will copy this for him as well.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

21 Dec 2019, 15:05
Phaedra Stavrou wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 17:57 Maybe I'm somehow missing it if this exists, but if not, I think it'd be handy to be able to filter more than once in the address book. Instead of being restrained to search only one role, say Gryffindor, could there be a way to specify multiple roles? Ex: Gryffindors that are first-year and Quidditch players. You can see which function a person is through the list already, but being able to filter more I think would yield quicker results & lessen the amount of pages to go through.
It was the case before, but I know use the forum's engine address book, and it won't be possible. Sorry :(

22 Dec 2019, 10:46
A pinned thread in each classroom where Professors post their best short story/roleplay homework answers. At the top will be the students name.
  1. This creates more motivation to do homework cause not only 1 user will see your hard work. Students will have something to be proud of and aim for.
  2. Students can hardly plagiarise other students public work when it's in story format, unless they copy paste. Also they'll be posted to the public thread and everyone will immediately see anyway. There's no need to keep subjectively scored answers private.

Sta 12, Evas 0, Str 0, Wis 9, ArcP 15, Acc 9

15 Jan 2020, 01:16

Hi there, hey there, hello! I did a bit of reading through the past threads in this post to keep from repeating however if I do in fact end up doing so please forgive me.

Suggestion 1:

I had noticed in the abilities section there are a few abilities in which are Quidditch based abilities such as; Broken Broomshaft. So I was wondering why something similar couldn't occur for the Special Race's?

For example:
Abilities made just for the Special Races

Seer
~ Psychic
Reducio

From Wikipedia:
A psychic is a person who claims to use extrasensory perception (ESP) to identify information hidden from the normal senses, particularly involving telepathy or clairvoyance, or who performs acts that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws. Although many people believe in psychic abilities, the scientific consensus is that there is no proof of the existence of such powers, and describes the practice as pseudoscience. The word "psychic" is also used as an adjective to describe such abilities.

Dhamphir
~Energy Vampire
**Yes this is a thing**

Lycanthropy
~Mind Link; this is usually only done with a werewolves pack or their mates BUT could be sort of like training for that. This could be stated within an RP like this
Mind Link @{name here} {message}
These were the only one's that I could think of abilities for.

Suggestion 2:

I know there are some special items & I think that is awesomesauces but as for the race of Seer; I think it would be AMAZING if the Crystal Ball from Hogsmeade could actually work. Yes only for Seer's :D I'm sure there are some other items that could work for other specific races but that was the one item I seen & the race I thought of for it.

Well I think that's all I have for now if I have any more suggestions I will post them. Have a wonderful day.

17 Jan 2020, 14:47
Shauna Starr--

Suggestion 1: We have special abilities that players get from having special races. It is in the same thread as abilities, such as the broken broomshaft ability [Here]. Or are you asking about something else? 

Suggestion 2: You would not need to be a Seer to use a crystal ball. Crystal ball gazing is actually a skill taught in Divination. At this moment there is no actual system for crystal ball gazing or tarrot card reading for instance. To be honest, there will likely never be a hard system because that would involve godmodding players based on card draws done remotely. However there might be some sort of system that is similar to horoscopes, numerology, card reading that players can casually use for RP flair.  That said, if you have a specific idea for a specific effect for the item I am always all ears and Zach looks at this thread regularly.

Oliver -- 

Cannot speak for the Profs on this, but I am sure some of the Profs would be more interested in sharing than others and might take this idea. 

17 Jan 2020, 16:22
Oliver Hart wrote:
  1. Students can hardly plagiarise other students public work when it's in story format, unless they copy paste. Also they'll be posted to the public thread and everyone will immediately see anyway. There's no need to keep subjectively scored answers private.
There are students who don't want to share their homework, grades etc. publicly. If some students want to post their RP answers however, we might be able to find a place for it in the library area, for example.

Cu ochii deschiși.

30 Mar 2020, 15:15
Like in Gmail, could there be an option to star/bookmark owl messages?