Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

A Time to Study?  Open   Closed 

When she finished her masterpiece, she showed it to him and smiled happily. She had so many questions to ask him, how he was, what was on his mind, what he liked to do. Of course, she thought the drawing was awful, but he seemed astonished by it, and seeing his face light up made her light up. I think he's rubbing off on me she thought. Something inside asked is that such a bad thing? She replied with no. She was happy with her portrait, she thought it was good enough. Oliver sat on Asher's shoulder and looked at the drawing with him, he nodded with approval and gave a thumbs up. 
She tickled him and he let out a little squirm. She began to laugh, not a maniac laugh, but a cute little laugh. Verla was looking forward to getting to know this boy, if he wanted that was. They seemed to have a lot in common, "So, um...how are you liking Hogwarts, is it more interesting here than at home?" She asked with a happy smile, one that she didn't have to fake. She hadn't given a real smile to anyone for a long time, what was he doing to her? Her heart leaped again, and she felt something she'd never felt before.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

"That's excellent! It looks just like me. Feels like it's going to come to life." He swoons, leaning in closer to the female to further inspect her artistry. She even got that weird birthmark on his neck! A shifting on his shoulder told him that her pet liked it, too. What a sweet little thing. I didn't know pets could share such a deep connection with their owners.
Dainty digits poked and prodded at the little stick-man-thing, and the writhing got him to twitter, since his nape was being brushed against, blood rushing up to his ears, and only his ears. How embarrassing, to be discovered as ticklish. Now everyone would be tickling him half to death. He's officially doomed himself.
Equally as eager to learn about her as she was him, he straightened his back out and escaped her personal space so that he wouldn't disturb her while they spoke. "I love it so far. Maybe not so much the people, because they make me so nervous, but the classes are fun, and I'm learning things that I couldn't in my books at home. Although, I do miss my mum. She's all I know for the most part. So I think that if she could be here, school would be a lot more comfortable. How about you? Have you made any friends yet?"

~Lundell~

He was ticklish? Aww and his ears went red as he got embarrassed. Verla giggled softly at him, in a nice way. "I've made a few, surprisingly. Have you? if not I could be your first friend" Verla said boldly and lifted her chin like a superhero then laughed, then she accidentally snorted and she gasped and covered her mouth, seeing what he would do. Oh now she'd done it, a girl who snorts when she laughs, great job. 
Oliver crawled down Asher's shoulder and went to hers. Then he handed her drawing to him, indicating he could keep it "I never knew you had a birth mark, I have a small one on my back, it looks like a dirt smudge" She giggled then began to feel uncomfortable. Did she really just talk about that stupid thing on her back? No one cares about what is on her back. She face palmed herself "I really need to work on my social skills." She said while she held her hand to her face still. Then she thought of her dad, who had a birthmark on his stomach that looked like a turtle, it was kind of funny, and she missed him. 

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

The snortgiggles were comforting. Not because they were flawed, but because they're unique. Being that he's a little out of the ordinary himself, those kinds of qualities were dear to him. Good things to look for in friends, besides loyalty, respect, things of that sort. He thought he was at least being reasonable with his standards. "Don't worry about it. It's a cute laugh, and I won't judge you. I'm not like that. This is a safe place."
It wasn't meant to sound flirtatious, since the way he spoke about it was closer to fawning over a puppy, than like one would address their significant other, or romantic interest, even. "You'd be a good friend. We're both pretty awkward, it seems. And we both have birthmarks, so our oddities must be aligned. Destiny calls!~" He doesn't want to talk about the friends he hasn't made yet, so he avoids that question when it's asked. He doesn't know why he feels so ashamed admitting how lame he is in front of someone more popular than him, but he is, strangely enough.
The animal pounced away from him, and he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. Maybe he was worried he would frighten it, and that it wouldn't like him any more if he made it upset?

~Lundell~

"You, you like my laugh? Huh, you'd make a good friend too, you just got to put yourself with other people or be completely shy like me" Verla said and bumped his shoulder a bit. Did she just do that? Was she really trying to flirt? What was wrong with you.
She tried to make it seem like it was just a friendly bump, Oliver didn't approve of it. Verla didn't care, this was the closest thing she's ever gotten to flirting without really doing it. Which she took, not for granted of course, she just never experienced it before. She thought of her assignment she got and E on and she got super excited and showed it to Asher, she hugged him because she was so proud of herself. Then she backed off, and blushed super red again "Sorry, I've never gotten an E before on an assignment, I'm super proud though." She squealed and sent it to her sister Lilith.
Verla wanted to have it framed, she hadn't worked super hard on it either, she was happy. Oliver sat on the table with his feet dangling over it as he looked at Asher in such an adorable way, and Verla drew him looking at Asher and Asher looking at him. It was a cute thing to draw.

The flirting fell onto death ears. It was taken as a friendly comment, and that was it. Asher's not the type of guy the ladies want to flirt with, anyways, so he can't be expected to differentiate between the two, and on top of that, Verla didn't exactly sound like she was. Same with the way she's acting. He doesn't realize the full depth of her actions. "I think I'm already doing the latter. But it's found me some pretty interesting people so far, so it must be working."
The hug startled him, to put it simply. This is his second one so far, given to him by a girl that isn't his mom, and it seems to get 'curiouser and curiouser' every time it happens. Before he had time to react to the hug, she backed off. Therefore, he defaulted to, "An E? It's an E! Anyone should be proud of that. I'm happy for you."
Asher's fascination with the little woodland entity didn't go as unnoticed as Verla's flirting. Both owner and companion are very darling, but something in him is just absolutely stricken by the kind critter. He didn't flinch away from this position when he heard the scrawl of pencil to paper, but then again, it wasn't like the girl would be showing pictures of him fanboying to her friends, right?

~Lundell~

"Thank you" she said, "for dealing with my craziness, I've never grown comfortable around people so fast, on my worst days, I would still be writing on paper." She smiled at him, glad to meet a new friend almost as dorky as she was. She rested her chin on her hand which was supported by the table and she pulled out a book and began to read, since she didn't want to screw it up. She took out a cookie or two and offered one to him. Hoping she didn't come off weird, she smiled politely, showing it was okay if he didn't want it.
"I'll be right back" she says, grabs Oliver and leaves. When she comes back, Oliver isn't with her, and she looks really down, when she sees he's still here, she sat down to him and explained what happened. "Another student told me it was best to let him go, he wouldn't know how to live on his own. I told her to mind her own buisiness, but I knew she was right. So I let him go and I miss him already. I'll never see him again." She began to cry softly and tears fell down her cheeks and onto her lap, now she felt so alone and had no companion at all.

"No need. Everyone has a little silliness in them, but when someone is pure of heart, they will see through it, and find the great friend that lies within. That's what Hufflepuffs do." His wisdom is quite refreshing. It wasn't often one could find a friend as loyal as Asher Lundell. Ride or die, one may say. He thought that was a funny way of referring to it.
Asher cocked his head when she first offered him a biscuit, for his trust issues were sounding countless alarms. Poison, puking pastille mixed in. This is when someone could question his loyalty. But he leaves no room for Verla to doubt him by gingerly accepting the food. He trusts her, for what it's worth, and she seems nice enough, and that's not to mention his hunger. "Alright. Be safe!"
As she requested before she sped off, he remained glued to his seat, munching on his cookie and flipping through the pages of his book; a real page turner that would have most bookworms like himself contentedly nose deep. When the clicks of footfall increase in volume, he slips his ribbon back into place to mark his progress. The goofy smile on his face falls soon as she enters the room. His deductive skills helped him put two and two together before she'd even opened her mouth. He felt guilty, somehow, in spite of this having nothing to do with him.
All it takes is a notion of kindness to bring the sunshine back into the sky of someone's cloudy day. He was willing to shine some light through this darkness. "It was what was best for him. You should be proud of yourself, if anything, that you were selfless enough to give up someone dear to you for their sake," He follows with a comforting hand to the shoulder, "But please, try to think of this as a long-term thing. He'll learn to fend for himself, and I'm sure one day, you'll find a less temporary pet. And you can keep Ollie in your heart, so he'll never truly be gone."

~Lundell~

She nodded and looked down with a sigh "You're right. I hope he'll be okay." She felt better after he cheered her up, she was glad that he cared, and that he understood what she did, she would always have Ollie in her heart, forever and always. She looked up and wiped her eyes and smiled at him, it was a fake one, but she tried to make it seem real. She knew Asher would help her when she needed it, he was a good friend, and he seemed to trust her well enough to take her cookie. She giggled at the thought of Asher doing something funny, like nibbling on it and making chipmunk noises as he did. 

She felt grateful for having a friend like Asher, then she said "you should meet my friend Levi if you haven't already. He's almost a dorky as I am, however, no one is on the same level of being dorky as I am." She giggled again, hoping to reassure Asher that she was okay. She thought the two of them would be good friends, if they got along. She smiled at the thought of having to pull them off of one another.

Back