Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

FLOOD   IC  Homework Help  Closed 

"Well, yeah!" James exclaimed quietly, "Professor Blackburn gave us five questions to answer plus a bonus question." James explained.

Make a dragon in your mind and then paint it on your shoulder.
~Coming back from long absence...~
Stamina 6, Agility 6, Strength 4, Control 5, Arcane Power 4, Accuracy 5

Clary listened to the boys' conversation, not technically eavesdropping, as they were currently the only ones speaking in the room. Setting down her pen for a moment, she turned, raising an eyebrow in Kaegan's direction. "Exploding ants are a real thing?"

Claryssa North, Ravenclaw First Year ~ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1506

"I don't suppose any of them have anything to do with creatures, do they?"
Kaegen's head vanished inside his robe, and then popped back out. "I can help with creatures. But I'm hopeless with charms." He turned to look at the girl
"Yeah, do you want to see them?"
Reducio
lol sorry didn't see your post. I edited mine.

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

James waved and smiled to the girl before turning back to Kaegen.
"No, they're all about how to cast charms, what's needed, what are some examples... blah-blah, blah..."
James rarely ever said blah-blah, blah, so that was just a little weird for him.

"Um... sure?" She glanced curiously in the boys' direction, never having heard of any ants that exploded. Where she came from, they just kind of walked along, minding their own business as they notoriously stole crumbs from oblivious participants in the practice of picnicking in the park.

Kaegen's arms and head retreated back inside his cloak as he responded to the boy.
"Oh, sorry about that. I know a total of one charm. Probably won't be much help"
When he came back out of his robe, he was holding a hip flask in his hand. Opening it just a crack, a tiny red ant crawled out. Kaegen caught it with his hand. "Do you want to hold him?" He asked the girl. They didn't make big explosions, but enough to burn you if you held them too close. She would probably be fine.

Clary glanced at the ant with fascination, deciding to opt out of touching it, at least for the moment. "You said it'd explode, and now you're asking me if I want to touch it?" She shook her head, a slight smile playing on the edge of her lips. "I think I'll pass for the moment, but thanks for the offer. It still looks really interesting!"

She picked her pen back up and regarded the ant and boy with a tilt of her head, sketching on the edge of the parchment containing her herbology notes. A moment later, a rough sketch of the tiny red aunt on the boy's hand was displayed on her paper, and she labeled it neatly underneath with the phrase "Exploding Ant(?)".

"Okay then, do you want to see it explode?"
Kaegen found it hard to believe that anyone didn't want to hold an exploding ant. I mean, they looked so cute.

"But if it explodes... won't that kill it?" Clary frowned, indeed thinking the ant was adorable. She was just too worried about being the one who was accidentally responsible for its death if she happened to let it fall or it exploded while in her possession. It seemed too tiny and innocent.

"No, only half of it explodes, that bulgy part at the end. It'll regrow."
Without waiting for any further prompting, Kaegen quickly tossed the ant into the air. The ant exploded with a resounding BANG and then fell into his hand, half the size.

Cynthia walked into the Study Room and sat down at one of the tables.  She wanted a quiet place to study so she came here instead of the Common Room.  She could have gone to the library, but didn't feel up to it.  She pulled her Potions book from her bag, opened it to the page she marked and stated reading.  After a minute or two, she pulled out her notebook and opened it to a fresh page.  She loaded her quill with some ink and began to make some notes.

Should anyone attempt to aide Mr. Potter, they will be punished.

"Woah! That's crazy!" Clary murmured, regarding the tiny ant with amazement. "That still must be tough for the little guy to explode so often."

"Not if you feed him enough alcohol, I'm running low though, do you happen to have any?"
Kaegen looked expectantly over at the girl, he was looking for more liquor, his ants were getting hungry. If she didn't have any, then perhaps the leaky cauldron?

"Um... I don't usually carry around liquor with me," she apologized sheepishly, wondering if that was a normal occurrence in the wizarding world. "Though maybe the Great Hall or somewhere nearby may have some? I'd be glad to help."

James looked up as another girl entered the room.
"Well, this place is really just a place to do homework..." James told her.
"I'm James, by the way! What's your name?"

Back