Study Room

Register
Sign in

Raging Lions  Open 

This is the flyer that was dropped in the great hall from a handful of different Owls. Every sports team needed a fan club, and he was sure there were plenty of Gryffindors and maybe other house members who would be interested in joining the club, and participating in different fun events and whatnot. At least Kyle hoped so.

The room Kyle got he decorated with a couple of Gryffindor Banners, a half dozen posters of former Gryffindors who went on to be professional players, red and gold tissue paper streamers hanging from the ceiling and a couple of Quaffles on a table. It was by no means the best decorating that could be done but, Kyle was pleased with the final outcome.

When the decorations were complete Kyle moved a long table into place and set up an ice bucket with a variety of drinks in it, a couple bowls of chips with dip, a tray of sandwiches, and some snack cakes. There was food, decorations and hopefully Soon to be other Quidditch fans as well. If things went as planned this was sure to be a good time.

Once all the prep was done Kyle grabbed a quaffle and sat down in a chair and started to lean back, tossing the ball up and down as he waited for people to come.

Reducio
This Club is for the Gryffindor team, but not exclusive to Gryffindor house. If your student has reason to follow the Gryffindor team, or even specific players on the team as friends you are welcome

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“
Stamina: 10 Evasion: 4 Strength: 10 Wisdom: 2 ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 4

Raging Lions  Open 

@Kyle DeRook & @Carson Miller
Maggie had smiled upon seeing the flyer that had drifted down onto her bowl of cereal, her face lighting up at the idea. She was definitely one for meeting new people, partying, and Quidditch— and the fact that this club was supporting her own team was an added bonus.

It’d taken a ton of convincing to get Carson to come along, seeing as he was Hufflepuff who was signing up for the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team, but eventually he agreed. Maggie’s argument was that he would get to talk to someone besides Maggie about Quidditch, which was good for him, seeing as Maggie was an avid supporter of the Montrose Magpies and he, well, wasn’t.

Upon arriving to the Study Room, Maggie raised her brows in surprise. It looked nothing like a Study Room— which was a good thing, of course. It was covered of hues of red and gold, streamers, balloons, and posters filling the space. A table sat lined up with food by one wall, and Kyle DeRook, the founder of this club, sat in a plushy chair, tossing a Quaffle around while he waited.

Carson and Maggie were the first ones there, surprisingly enough. It made the small suspension of silence somewhat awkward, one that Maggie quickly got rid of will a small clearing of her throat.

“Hey— er, wow. This place looks great, Kyle.”

maggie parker :) :)
stamina-5 | evasion-6 | strength-6 | wisdom-4 | arc power-4 | accuracy-9

Raging Lions  Open 

@Kyle DeRook & @Maggie Parker
The Montrose Magpies were a shit team, alright? Carson had gotten enough of Maggie gushing about them 24/7, and if he heard the name Theodore Longfellow one more time, he was going to lose his shit.

That was the only reason he went to the party— he didn’t have any hard feelings, or anything, but he wasn’t exactly a supporter of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Still, the Study Room looked pretty awesome.

Maggie made a somewhat awkward greeting, causing Carson to send her a teasing smirk. They were the only ones there, and neither of them knew Kyle. What were they supposed to say?

Carson supposed he should probably clarify that he wasn’t going to be a part of the fan club, as the last thing he wanted was for his name to be attached to the fan club of an opposing team.

“I’m not, er— I’m not a part of the fan club, by the way.” he spoke, scratching the back of his neck. “I’m just tired of Mags gushing about the Montrose Magpies 24/7, thought this’d be a good place to get some, well, more accurate opinions.” he joked, sending Maggie a playful glare.

“What’s your team, Kyle?” Carson asked, looking to the Gryffindor Captain curiously.

Carson Miller // Stamina: 6; Evasion: 4; Strength: 7; Wisdom: 4; ArcPower: 6; Accuracy: 8

Raging Lions  Open 

As Kyle was tossing the Quaffle up and catching it over and over eventually he heard the door open and he turned to see two people come in. The first was a girl he had recognized from around the common room but the second was a boy he hadn't seen before, or at least didn't remember seeing before. Kyle did however notice the yellow on his uniform and Kyle made a slight face at first.

“Hey— er, wow. This place looks great, Kyle.”

Maggie spoke first and Kyle did away with the sour look and a cocky grin replaced it. "Thanks! Didn't have a lot of materials to work with so I had to make do but, I think it turned out alright."

And then the Hufflepuff spoke and suddenly Kyle was a lot more OK with him being here, as a member of the club or not. He also hated the Montrose Magpies. Kyle rose to his feet and underhand tossed the Quaffle over to Carson and chuckled. "My Team? Kenmare Kestrels is my team. Magpies can get bent mate" Kyle looked over to Maggie and shrugged "As a well mannered Irish boy can't be rootin' for no Scottish team now cant I? 'Sides, where would Quidditch be without Darren O'Hare?"
Last edited by Kyle DeRook on 15th September 2019, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“

Raging Lions  Open 

@Kyle DeRook & @Carson Miller
“Pfft,” Maggie scoffed, rolling her eyes, “Darren O’Hare was great, sure, but the Kestrels now? They’ve got their Keeper doing ads for pumpkin juice in the bloody Bludger, Merlin’s sakes! They’re completely irrelevant to the game— the Magpies, however, they’re a different story.” Maggie ranted, moving her hands around a bit as she spoke. What? She was passionate about the game, sue her.

“At least you aren’t a fan of the Wanderers,” Maggie muttered, sitting down in a plushy chair turned out towards the floor from where it’d been by the desk. “Did you see that portion in The Bludger about their Seeker? Oh— oh, my god, what— what were they thinking?” Maggie found it harder to get her words out as she spoke, laughing hard at the memory of reading that ad. The ends of her brown hair began to turn orange as she laughed, slumping down a little as she did so.

Kyle DeRook was turning out to be alright, even if he didn’t like the Magpies. She hadn’t walked in expecting to be bad, per se, but his reputation for having a temper gave her some sense of insight. It turned out he was actually pretty chill— and at least he knew what he was talking about when it came to Quidditch.

maggie parker :) :)
stamina-5 | evasion-6 | strength-6 | wisdom-4 | arc power-4 | accuracy-9

Raging Lions  Open 

@Kyle DeRook & @Maggie Parker & @Dan Palmer
Carson laughed along with Maggie as she mentioned the advertisement in The Bludger that had features the Wigtown Wanderer’s Seeker, something-Jackelby. He remembered when he’d first seen it, because Maggie had excitedly slapped his arm with her porridge-covered spoon and shoved the paper in his face, laughing as she did so.

“I— I remember that! God, it’s a Quidditch article, not a bloody dating site!” Carson laughed, plopping into a chair beside Maggie and across from Kyle.

“My team’s the Harpies.” he announced, as if he needed to finish the circle. He knew they were kind of, well, basic, but he liked the team nonetheless. Besides, they were an actually talented team, despite their losses. Carson was adamant that they were going to be the ones to win the British-Irish Leauge this year, despite their losses so far.

“I was talking to Dan Palmer about that match with the Pride of Portree and the Falmouth Falcons— did you see it? I mean, what a joke! Moss actually, like physically, carried her team.” Carson commented, referring to the match that’d happened almost a month ago. He still wasn’t over it. He didn’t have a strong opinion on either team, but the actual game was laughable. He’d ranted about it for weeks afterwards, and Maggie had definitely gotten an earful when it came to Moss and the Pride of Portree.

Carson Miller // Stamina: 6; Evasion: 4; Strength: 7; Wisdom: 4; ArcPower: 6; Accuracy: 8

Raging Lions  Open 

Kyle was used to this argument about the Kestrals, they never had the best record and you could count the number of Championships they won on one hand. But that isn't what drew him to the team. Say what you will, Kestrals have heart, they never give up, and they play for the love of the game. 'Sides, It's easy rooting for a team that's doing well, but the true test for a real fan is how you handle the bad. Most of Magpies fans would switch colors without thinking if suddenly they started losing all their games."

Kyle's attention shifted over to Carson as he mentioned being a fan of the Harpies. Kyle snapped his fingers and pointed at the Hufflepuff "Did you realize the flying professor this year is a former Pixie? Bercegeay, she is actually an alumni of this school. Bet she played on the team too. Even if his team was the Kenmare Kestrals he enjoyed watching other teams played and still enjoyed certain players from those teams.

Kyle walked over to the bowl filled with ice and canned drinks and grabbed one, cracking it open and taking a sip. "You know I'm Captain of Gryffindor's Quidditch team. First Beater. I Cannot WAIT for the season to start."