Study Room

Register
Sign in

Magical Creatures and Magical Clubs  PV Lark F. 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚* @Dale Kurt*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Art or writing club! Those sounded like they could be interesting. Her mind drifted to the idea of sitting in a room with others and sharing drawings or tips on different mediums... possibly learning about new materials.. or even the possibility of sitting with others outside all drawing together, even just quietly in each other's company. It sounded so nice.

Writing could have its perks too... maybe even Dale would be in one of them, that would be even better.

”If you wanna join the club I'm in, I'm sure I could ask Savanna to let you join the Dark Witch Society, trust me it's much less scary than the name insists. ”

Lark froze. She felt a chill instantly trickle down the back of her neck. Something inside urged her to pick up her things and go. She didn't want to look rude.... Dale didn't seem like the type to have been caught up in the DWS.. She couldnt bring herself to look back to the messy haired boy. Staring down at her fingers white-knuckle gripping the edge of her notebook, Lark wet her lips with the tip of her tongue. What should she say? She wished at least one of the others were here with her to offer advice or hint at what she should do to respond. Had she trusted this boy too quickly? Silently she scolded herself.

"A..Arent you...muggle-born? The..the chemist comment. I just thought.." Lark wanted to understand why. Why would someone that seemed so kind be in line with Savannah... did that mean it really wasn't all that bad? But...James and Elzabeth.. their interaction with Savannah... she didnt know how to feel and it made a sick feeling swirl in her stomach. Trying to quell the nausea forming she cleared her throat.

"I just... I have heard of it.. briefly." She still couldnt move, her spine was rigid against the back of her chair. "Are you sure... I.." Maybe ... maybe Dale could explain.

"I havent heard the best things.. mostly how she treated my friends.." Finally she gave Dale a sidelong glance. She didn't think that the two had been dramatic about their run in with Savannah... there had to be more to this. A small part of her was curious however.. Dale could possibly fill in the gaps... 'what if he's here to hurt me...bring me right to Savannah, Elizabeth had been talking about kidnappings.' Her mind was starting to overload itself worrying about Dale's mention at the group.

"I'm not sure..." Her voice wavered as she returned her gaze to the book in front of her.

Stam: 4 - Ev: 6 - Str: 3 - Wis: 5 - AP: 7 - Acc: 5
In friendships we are searching for a soulmate, someone who shares every facet of their passions and imagination.

@Lark Flaer
Dale originally thought that he would keep the fact that he was in the Dark Witch Society a secret, but he felt that he could trust Lark, besides, it not like there is actually anything bad going on in the club. Our leader was very good with words, and she was very vocal about the fact that she intended to do big things in the wizarding world.

But as soon as Dale brought up the fact that he was in the club, Lark looked away from him, and she seemed a bit scared, had he done something wrong? Maybe she just had the wrong idea about the club? Whatever it was, Dale wanted to make it clear, he didn’t want Lark to hate him. "A..Arent you...muggle-born? The..the chemist comment. I just thought.." Dale was a bit confused by what she meant by this, but Dale understood why she must've asked the question, from what he picked up, the Dark Witch Society was viewed as anti-muggle. They definitely weren't, and neither was their leader, Savannah was someone Dale considered a friend, and he guessed that she also thought of him as a friend. As for the society, he was sure he wasn't the only muggle born there. ”I-I am a muggleborn, and I've heard some of the rumors surrounding our club. I can assure you that there's nothing bad going on!” Dale said a bit nervously

"I havent heard the best things.. mostly how she treated my friends.." She must've been referring to the whole library incident that, Dale came in just as things settled down. He remembered that Savannah had been yelling at some girl that apparently did not show manners to Savannah, she must be one of Lark’s friends. And later he had also heard of what went down between a ravenclaw boy named James and Savannah, apparently James had gotten the idea that her ideas were anti muggle, Dale could understand why he had thought this, even he found a few of her ideas a bit… extreame. ”I-Im sure that it's just a misunderstanding.” Dale said timidly, he really didn’t want Lark to stop talking to him. ”A-And besides, most of the club’s members are there learn, n-not to practice, or to try to bully muggleborn.” Dale said while messing with his thumb.

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Lark nodded slowly as she took in what Dale had to say. If he was muggleborn maybe it couldnt be all that bad..? It was true... she had only heard rumors. Most of what the Order had known was just a couple first hand experiences and what they heard around school.

”I-Im sure that it's just a misunderstanding.”

Lark faced Dale. Her eyes bore into him for a moment trying to decide if she really could trust him. He hadn't given her any reason not to... he had offered help, been kind and chatted with her at length the last hour or so. If he really did think the DWS was a problem... he couldn't have wanted to invite her to something that would be a threat?

”A-And besides, most of the club’s members are there learn, n-not to practice, or to try to bully muggleborn.”

Could this be true...? Why would he lie to her? There was nothing gained from it... maybe she could even learn about it and if it was as Dale said, she could make the others realize the true cause of the DWS. It would be good for them to not all be against each other.. to work for the same cause.. perhaps Savannah and her group were just going about it differently. In a way the Order hadn't thought of yet. Feeling less tense she took a breath.

"O..okay. it couldn't hurt. " Could it? She finished in her head. Still feeling worried. Lark had gone from absolutely no friends, to a group of friends... to now all of this with the two groups DWS and the Order.. and all within a matter of weeks. Still needing to digest it all... but her curiosity and want to learn more was starting to take the reigns on her mind.

Lark gave the boy a bit of a weak smile. They weren't practicing anything awful.. that was certainly good news.. and if they let Dale in.. they couldnt be against Muggles then. Her and the others were just first years.. did James and Elzabeth just come in at the wrong moment in a conversation? They must have.

"I mean.. I don't get the feeling you would lie ta me about it. Especially with that being such a serious thing. I mean... look at the last war." Lark's gaze lowered, her golden eyes dulling slightly. She felt ashamed having rushed to conclusions. Her father would be disappointed... he always told her it was better to learn both sides and not choose rashly. "I'm sorry Dale." Letting out a long sigh, she sat back in her chair and stretched her legs out under the table.

"You're right.. it could be a misunderstanding. I mean.. I only heard everything second hand.. Feeling some of her fear slip away she continued, "Plus, maybe what Savannah is saying is true.. maybe we all need to hear it? Instead of everyone getting scared and jumping to conclusions. Lark had never had experience outside of her parent's home. She wished they had better prepared her. This could be her opportunity to see more of what was going on around her in the wizarding world.

In friendships we are searching for a soulmate, someone who shares every facet of their passions and imagination.

@Lark Flaer
Dales nervous where much more calm as Lark seem less… scared of the DWS. He didn’t want his affiliation with a club destroy his possibility to gain a new friend. He had planned to leave the club after a few months of membership, he wanted to just learn a few things and generally just learn more about the wizarding world. He didn’t really share many of the ideas Savavvanh had.

Dale was on the verge of getting lost in his thoughts, but as soon as he looked up, his eyes locked with Lark’s, her golden eyes drilled into Dale’s brown eyes. His face became very red as he quickly looked away.

Lark had seemed to believe him, she had said that it couldn't hurt to give it a try, but also Dale didn’t want to give Lark the wrong idea, he could possibly talk to Savavvanh about letting in a new member but for some reason, he doubted she would, Dale wondered why he even brought up that he was in the DWS, well it felt nice to clear that up.

"I'm sorry Dale." Lark apologized to him ”Oh there’s no reason to be sorry, ill be the first to admit that our club can come off as sketchy.” Dale assured Lark ”But also I don’t wanna get your hopes too up, I doubt Savavvanh will let in any new members right now ” Dale said apologetically.

Dale listened as Lark said that she should've gotten to know both sides before jumping to conclusions. Dale agreed with getting both sides of the story, he suspected she had been told the same thing he had been told as a child, keep an open mind.

”I'm just happy I could clear it up for you.” Dale said with a warm smile.

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Lark let out a small sigh of relief as Dale admit that Savannah probably wouldn't let anyone new in. She wasnt sure she could commit to something like that so sudden without knowing more... it still was rather intimidating.

"That's alright." Lark gave a small smile. She did appreciate Dale giving another side to the DWS. It did give her some kind of relief knowing it hadn't been formed to destroy Hogwarts or go after Muggleborn. Although, there still was this other group that troubled her. She would have to catch up with the others later on. In fact... Leaning back in her seat she peered out of one of the large windows. She was supposed to be meeting them all for dinner again tonight to go over some homework they all had for Potions. Plus.. she should really write to her Gran, her head still reeling from what the letter from home said, or rather implied.

"I should probably get going." She stood and gathered her books before looking to Dale. "I told some friends I would meet them for dinner tonight, don't worry." She didnt want him to think she was running off, his mention of the DWS scaring her. Even if the news did still sit funny in her stomach. Nor did she want him to think she would divulge anything to her friends. She still didnt have all the facts anyway about DWS or what they really stood for.

"It was really nice getting to meet you. We should study more together, maybe I can pick your brain on other classes." She gave him a warm smile. "If you'd want to, that is." Pulling the strap to her journal over her head and laying it flat across her chest, she hugged her books close to her, arms crossed.

"Thank you, Dale." She tipped her head slightly a large grin spread across she face. Turning to leave the study area, Lark set towards the door, glancing over her shoulder as she reached the entrance, catching Dale's eye before disappearing around the corner.

Reducio
OOC: Lark leaves the thread.