Study Room

Register
Sign in

Magical Creatures and Magical Clubs  PV Lark F. 

Dale frequented the study hall. While he didn't spend as much time there as much he spent down by the lake or reading in the library, he still considered it one of his favorite spots in the castle. It always felt nice to help someone out, whether it be a first-year or a second-year, and since charms was a difficult subject for him it was always nice to get some help right then and there, instead of looking through 3 textbooks.

On this particular day, he was wearing a dark green and a pair of blue jeans, his usual outfit. He was in the study hall today in order to do some studying. Transfiguration was giving him trouble and the library was quite packed. He stared absentmindedly at the textbook that laid in front of him, he was having trouble focusing, his head was refusing to read the text in front of him. He looked out at the ceiling and let out a sigh. He looked around the room, people studying in groups, people studying in pairs, and people doing the same thing as me, studying alone. The room seemed too much more packed than him when we had walked in. Dale realized that he had been there for quite some time, 2-3 three hours, knowing this he felt much better about not being able to focus anymore, 3ish hours was a good amount of time to be studying. He got up and stretched his arms, he started to pack up his bags and was deciding on what to do. It wasn't too late to go hang out by the lake, or maybe he would take a walk around the school grounds.

As he was packing up his back and putting the bookmarks back into the textbooks, he saw a girl at his table, she seemed to be having trouble with the book in front of her, Dale couldn't really see the book she was reading, but he decided that he would try to help her out, he had time too kill. Often a lot of people, like himself, needed to be offered help, they were too shy to ask for it. He walked to where the girl was sitting and sat in the seat in front of her and said "Hey, you s-seem to be having t-trouble with that, I-I can try to h-help you out." he said with the smile, this was something he could never do 1 or 2 years ago, but he had been slowly getting over his extreme shyness, and he liked to be able to hold conversations now, he had truly come a long way from the stuttering mess of a boy from last year.
Last edited by Dale Kurt on 14th August 2019, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚* @Dale Kurt*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

Lark had left earlier that morning hoping to get in some studying, although she had spent the better half of the morning in the Courtyard sketching the fountain. Forcing herself out of procrastinating she had found herself in the library trying to wrap her head around magical creatures. Her family had loved all different kinds of creatures so naturally she grew up around them and with a love of animals in general. Yet... learning about them in textbook form was something she found herself having trouble with. Groaning she flipped through the large book hoping something would stick in her brain. Even if she wouldn't have to worry about Care of Magical Creatures classes for some time, Lark had hoped to read ahead so she would be ready, not to mention maybe it would help with her drawing. It wasn't as if many of these creatures she would see in person anytime soon and doodling only led her so far.

Letting out a small huff the silver haired girl sat back in her chair and brushed down the edge of her plaid blue and gray skirt as she crossed her legs under the table. Her worn leather boots clunking against the wooden table leg next to her as she tried to quietly shuffle her chair at an angle. At least she had been able to take a break from wearing her uniform, it just didn't seem as comfortable as some of her other clothes, especially the pale dusty blue sweater that had been a hand-me-down from her mother. Something to remind her of home.

Pulling another book in front of her she tried to dive in once more to her studies. The last few days had been rather frustrating so she tried to put the thoughts of her friends and what had been going on out of her mind. Clearing her head she closed her eyes and let out a breath.

"Hey, you s-seem to be having t-trouble with that, I-I can try to h-help you out."

Opened her golden eyes she saw a boy stood in front of her. He was much taller than she and had a handsome face and hair that contrasted quite pleasingly with his darker green top. Feeling a bit dazed from the amount of studying, she blinked up at him setting her eyes on his.

"I uh-" A blush spread across her freckles cheeks. She hadn't meant to stare, hopefully he didn't take it the wrong way. "Oh uh-" She felt like her brain was working slower than normal. Shuffling the books aside from the free chair next to her she nodded nervously.

"Sorry! Yeah that would be kind of you." Lark gave him a warm smile.
'Oh my gosh, why am I so awkward.' Scolding herself she tried to regain her thoughts. Lark hadn't expected anyone to even take notice of her and hoped she had not looked too out of sorts. Straightening herself up in her chair she anxiously ran a hand through her hair, fingers gliding in-between the strands of silvery blue. Had she even brushed her hair this morning? Gosh she hoped so... she couldn't recall but suddenly the boy appearing in front of her made her feel very self-conscious.

"I feel like I've been reading over and over without remembering any of this." Sighing she lifted one of the books she had picked up about various Dragons and their origins. It had sounded rather interesting and she had never had a chance to really read about them. Some of the pictures had drawn Lark in with the scales and majestic horned creatures. Admittedly she had no clue what any of the book was saying about..well anything to do with them. It all seemed rather overwhelming.

Stam: 4 - Ev: 6 - Str: 3 - Wis: 5 - AP: 7 - Acc: 5
In friendships we are searching for a soulmate, someone who shares every facet of their passions and imagination.

@Lark Flaer
Dale always disliked his stutter, it made him seem more awkward than he actually was, but it was simply something put up with. He had slowly getting rid of it, he spent a majority of his break giving speeches or vocal exercises with his mom. But sadly a summer's worth of practice was not enough for his stutter to go away, hopefully maybe by the end of his second year, his stutter would be gone.

As the girl looked up and her golden eyes met his own brown pearls, he felt a wave an of heat wash over him, and he could feel his cheeks heating up a bit, he hoped it wasn't noticeable. The girl was very pretty she had freckles going along her cheeks and her hair color was very striking to Dale, it was somehow white, silver, and blue all at the same time, he wondered if it was an artificial color or natural. They spent an almost awkward amount of time just staring at each other.

The girl, probably releasing they had been staring at each other for too long started to try to speak, but instead, she flustered, a blush had appeared along her freckled face and she said "I uh-" and "Oh uh-". Dale understood why she was flustered, he had caught her off guard. He had always done the same thing when someone asked if he needed help when he was studying in the study room.

It had seemed like the girl was able to collect her self as she said "Sorry! Yeah, that would be kind of you." She said with a warm smile. The smile put Dale at ease, assured him that he wasn't being rude or intrusive. She had cleared books off the seat next to her and he took that as an invitation to take a seat there.

As he took a seat and hung his backpack on the back of the chair, the girl ran her hand through her hair. "I feel like I've been reading over and over without remembering any of this." The girl said while lifting a book about dragons. Dale let out an internal sigh, dragons were a subject was confident he could tutor people in, not just dragon but all magical creatures, he found the entire subject just as interesting, if not more, as chemistry. Dale assumed she needed to memorize the most important dragons for an upcoming quiz or test she was having. He opened the book and searched for the dragon he was looking for, the Common Welsh Green, when he found the page he put the book on the table and quickly scanned over the text. He looked up to meet the girl's eyes and tell her the way he had memorized them, but as he looked up and met the girl's golden orbs almost all words left him "You-", he felt another blush creep along his face, he focused his eyes back onto the text and while making no eye contact with the girl said, "If you memorize that CWG means Common Welsh Green, you can then attach facts to them, like how the CWG is an average of 18ft and how it's the type of dragon that caused the incident in Ilfracombe" He was glad he was able to speak that much without stuttering.

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Seeing the boy's bag, Lark felt a bit worried. She hoped her looking distressed hadn't interrupted any of his own studies. Although, she greatly appreciated his offer to help. He certainly looked much older than her which made her suspect he would be rather busy with his own classwork. Taking the time to offer up some advice over these books was a really nice gesture she thought.

Lark watched the boy intently as he flipped through one of the books and landed on a page she hadn't gotten to yet. Not staring over the words was a welcomed break for the girl. Meeting his gaze he started to speak when a bit of color painted itself across his face before shooting his star back into the book once more. She blinked at him wondering, had he been nervous? He seemed so sure of himself.

Her mouth hung open slightly as the boy spoke about the green... Welsh. What had he said? She was so impressed that she hadn't really paid attention.

"Wow.." she breathed. He must know a ton about dragons the way he spoke made Lark smile.

"Right so.. Welsh Green.. CWG." Tugging at her notebook she pulled it from under one of the textbooks and scribbled some notes quickly. "Sorry, its just.. if I write it down or draw I'll remember easily." Quickly doodling a little dragon head next to her notes with the sizing. She wondered if he had time to hang out with her and go over a handful of others. 'Maybe he knows other creatures too, this is great!' Lark thought to herself smiling and finishing up her shorthand notes.

Then it hit her- talk about rude! She had forgotten to even introduce herself and here the boy had bothered to take time out of his day to offer help. Her mother would have been rather upset.

"I'm so sorry! I didnt even give you my name!" Lark held a hand out, "My name's Lark Flaer. I'm just a first year... sorry I didn't say it sooner." Lark offered him a friendly smile hoping she hadn't messed up her chances with a new friend by totally bypassing the whole name thing. He seemed so kind and intelligent she would hate to have ruined things already.

"You don't mind do you, helping me? I hope I didn't pull you away from somethin' else." she pulled her feet crossed underneath her chair and tapped her toes against the floor. "I sort of am... reading ahead and well. I love creatures, but I've never been able ta do much learnin' on Dragons." Trying to keep herself from rambling but unable to help it as excitement bubbled in her belly.

In friendships we are searching for a soulmate, someone who shares every facet of their passions and imagination.

@Lark Flaer
Dale was quite happy to be helping out this girl, he always loved helping people. It made him happy, and he would happily put aside his work to help out a classmate with any issues they might be having with there own work.

Dale inherited this love of helping people from his mother, she volunteered at several charities, she would also force Dale's father to volunteer with her. While she would cook and try to raise money for the homeless in their area, his father used to offer free tutoring to local kids, and adults, who needed it.

"Wow.." the girl breathed out, the expression made Dale glad, perhaps this was the information she was looking for, or maybe he had just impressed the girl with his knowledge about dragons. For some reason, the thought of impressing the girl brought a large amount of joy to Dale, he wanted to do it more, and he had no idea why.

The girl pulled out her notes and wrote down some of what he said, after writing some notes the girl started to doodle next to the notes, in a very short amount of time the girl drew an amazing picture of a dragon head and put the average size of it right next to it, she explained how she remembers more easily if she draws or writes it down. Dale understood why she did this, some people learned better when drawing out or writing out what they were studying. Dale himself filled out many notebooks over the course of his first year, all full of notes and sketches of charm movements.

The girl was smiling as she finished writing her notes, seeing her smile made Dale's heart skip a beat, he wanted to see her smile more, for reasons that were beyond him.

Dale chuckled a bit when she introduced her self, he realized that this was the third time he had met someone who had apologized for not introduced themselves, she introduced herself as Lark Flaer, Dale liked that name, she held out a hand, Dale assumed she was offering a handshake so he shook her and said "I'm Dale, Dale Kurt, and its alright, I didn't introduce my self either." He returned the same friendly smile she gave him.

"You don't mind do you, helping me? I hope I didn't pull you away from somethin' else" Lark asked him. "No no, I had actually just finished my own studying, I was on my way out, but you looked like you could use help, and I really didn't have much to do anyway." He assured Lark, "I sort of am... reading ahead and well. I love creatures, but I've never been able ta do much learnin' on Dragons." That brought a smile to Dale's face, he himself studied ahead if the class because he loved them, "I can definitely help learn about dragons." Dale said with a chuckle, "I also know a bit about other magical creatures. May I ask why you're studying ahead? Is it for a test or just for fun?
"

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Lark looked the boy over as he introduced himself. She didnt recognize him although she had mostly kept to her group of friends so far at Hogwarts. Still, she felt if she had seen him around she wouldnt have forgotten him not one bit.

Setting her quill down she crossed her arms over her notebook and nodded as Dale explained he had already finished his own studying.

"I can definitely help learn about dragons."

Lark's eyes twinkled as Dale spoke. He knew more about dragons and creatures? She had missed helping her mother go over her research and visiting different creatures she was working with. This could be a good way for her to get to learn more and help her mother out for when she returned to work after Lark's brother is born.

"I'd love that!" She sat closer on the edge of her chair. "Oh, mostly because I really like 'em. My Mum works with some an' studies the mid ta lower classified ones," Lark's fingers traced the spine of her journal. "I.. I like ta sketch them as well, so I thought if I knew more that I'd get better at that too.. or even be able ta help my Mum." There was a rather humorous two years where her mother had studied a family of jarvey, who had a pointed opinion on her mother's choice of vegetables in the garden as well as kitchen drapery. The memory made her a little homesick, her smile fading for a moment.

"I sort of got an A on my first Defense Against the Dark Arts homework too... something with my Imp comparison....." The girl admitted Lark picked at the edge of her notebook paper feeling embarrassed. Grades weren't something she had to deal with being schooled at home by her father... but here all the years her parents went they had practically obtained straight Os. Or so they said... The thought of the grade made he throat close slightly. She had been doing so well with her grades that the A hit her like a sack full of bricks. Hopefully the next assignments could make up for it before her parents found out.

Pulling herself back to reality, she set her eyes on Dale. His messy brown hair and warm gaze made her smile find its way back. She wanted to know more about Dale, he seemed like such an interesting person. Plus, maybe she could steer the topic away from her grades hoping Dalw wouldn't judge her for it.

"Do you like 'em, the creatures I mean? Or well.. what brings you here ta study? You seem ta know the Library well."

@Lark Flaer
Dale was glad that Lark seemed happy when he offered to teach her more about magical creatures, really he was also glad that all of the extra studying in the subject was coming in handy. Magical creatures was subject that wasn't very used in school very much, Dale considered it to be the astronomy of wizarding school, taught in some capacity, but most people studied it because they had an interest in or just to make conversation.

"I'd love that! Lark exclaimed, the way she exclaimed it brought a smile to Dale's face. She explained how she had an interest in them and how her mom used to work with lower-class creatures. Lark explained how she liked to draw creatures too, and how if she gets better she might be able to help her mom, that reminded Dale of how he helped his dad with his chemistry research, he learned so much about chemistry just to help his father. ” I have a very similar thing myself.” Dale said while he readjusted his collar a bit, ” My father is a researcher, and I learned chemistry to try to help my dad out.” he explained to the girl.

"I sort of got an A on my first Defense Against the Dark Arts homework too... something with my Imp comparison....." Lark admitted to him, she seemed quite embarrassed by the fact. Dale understood why she felt that way, he himself had gotten an A on his very first charms homework, it was all very discouraging, but with enough hard work anything is possible, he was able to maintain an O average the rest of the year. Dale ran a hand through his messy brown hair, trying to think about something to say to the girl, ” I got an A on my first Charm’s homework, but you should never get one grade let you discourage you!” Dale explained to the girl ” With enough hard work and studying, I'm sure you can get Os from now on! And it always helps to have a friend to study with.” Dale was quite happy with his small speech.

"Do you like 'em, the creatures I mean? Or well.. what brings you here ta study? You seem ta know the Library well." the girl asked him, It only occurred to Dale now that the girl had a very distinct Irish accent. ” I really love learning about all kinds of magical creatures, but today I came here to study some transfiguration, it been getting really difficult for me recently. ” Dale said timidly, he wasn't very proud to admit having trouble he was having trouble in the subject he had spent half the summer studying. ” I come here quite a bit, I mainly do my homework here and study in the library. The actual library was a bit was too full for my liking today, so I decided to come here for today.” Dale explained, ” So are there any specific creatures or dragons you want to learn about?”

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Dale made her feel much better about her grades. She had been stressing a good deal over them. He sounded so confident it actually felt as if it may rub off on her as well.

As the boy spoke of Transfiguration, Lark nodded quickly. She understood fully, even as a first year she felt rather overwhelmed by the class. "The Professor seems so interesting, but .... she is rather intimidating. It seems like a good deal of work."

Something told her that eventhough Dale sounded timid about his troubles in class, he was still a great wizard. She nodded in agreement as he said the library had been too full. Lark had noticed that herself.

"Yeah... I couldnt concentrate in there with so many people." There was also a fear of her running upon any problems with other students in the library without her friends there. She had heard that there had been quite a fee arguments between various students there recently and most included her friends. Though, she didnt want to bother Dale with that.

"They all are pretty amazing, but right now looking over the Dragons has really caught my eye. Especially this one!" Grabbing at one of the books she flipped to a piece of parchment she had used as a marker and opened it for Dale to see. Tapping at the image of a metallic silver looking dragon with ominous deep red eyes. To Lark it didn't look frightening but rather fascinating. The Opaleye had been another to catch her attention but this one...

"Ironbellies. They sound incredible!" She stared in awe at the image of the majestic creature before getting up quickly and skirting around the table to sit next to Dale. "I mean look at them! Plus Newt himself had worked with them I think! Oh an'-" She was so excited she found herself almost rambling as she flipped more through the tome and came to another marked page. "This one! The uh..Opaleye I think?" Flipping back a couple of pages and pulling the book closer she bumped Dale's elbow with her own. "Oh, sorry I just- yes here it is, Anti-po-dean Opaleye?" She read carefully her finger following the large bold letters above the image of a gorgeous pearly looking dragon.

"Do you 'ave a favorite?" She turned to look at Dale her eyes shimmering with excitement.

@Lark Flaer
D]ale enjoyed talking to Lark, while he never disliked talking to anyone but he genuinely wanted to talk to her, which was a very rare thing for Dale to want.

Dale agreed to what she had said about the transfiguration teacher, she seemed like an interesting person, but her she herself was very intimidating and her class was also very difficult.

”I prefer quiet places to study.” He said after she explained the reason for not wanting to go to the library, on most days it’s pretty empty, but Dale assumed that most people where there to study for a test that they were taking tomorrow, it was in potions, and Dale felt like he didn’t need to study for it, after all potions was his best subject.

"They all are pretty amazing, but right now looking over the Dragons has really caught my eye. Especially this one!" Lark said with a lot of enthusiasm, she grabbed a book and flipped to a page she had bookmarked, she pointed out the metallic dragon with deep crimson eyes, eyes that resembled its own blood. He had seen many drawings of Ironbellies, they weren't the most frightening dragons, but one would definitely be scared if face to face with one.

Lark explained how she thought they sounded incredible as she got up and moved to the seat next to Dale. As she sat down she started talking about the ironbelly, she was almost rambling, but while she was talking about the dragon she was flipping through the book, he assumed to find another dragon. While she flipped through the book, her elbow accidentally bumped into Dale’s own elbow, ” Oh s-sorry.” he said as he moved his chair a little farther away from her own, he himself didn’t mind, but he didn’t want to bother Lark. When she found the page she was looking for she said "This one! The uh..Opaleye I think?" She pointed a grand pearl skinned dragon, Dale chuckled a bit when she fumbled a bit with the pronunciation of the name. ” The Ukrainian Ironbelly is one of the largest dragons known, its average size is 60ft, It was also used to protect the Gringotts bank before. I had no idea that Newt had worked with them before, that must have been a very difficult task! As for the Antipodean Opaleye, it’s the only type of dragon that does not live in the mountains, instead, it prefers living in valleys. While the average size is 40ft females are much larger than males, the average female is about 50ft.” Dale explained told Lark, he could talk about dragons for hours. "As for my favorite I love all of them, but I would love to see and study a Hungarian Horntail.” Dale remembered the first time he read about them, they were considered the most dangerous kind of dragon, but Dale still hoped he could see one.

Dale looked though his own book to show her a picture of a Horntail, as he looked through his bag and fished out the book, he opened the book to a bookmarked page and looked up at her, in doing so there eyes met and Dale wanted to point out the dragon's tail, but instead the only thing that came out was "Th-" A bit of red colored Dale's cheek "Why are you bring so awkward!" Dale internally scolded himself, he didn't know why he was having such difficulties talking to Lark. Dale collected himself and said "T-The Horntail is one of the only dragons to use its t-tail as a weapon." Dale hoped Lark didn't notice how strange he was being.

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Blinking at Dale as he immediately named off information on the dragons, Lark stared in awe. He really did know tons about these dragons. She had believed him when he said he liked magical creatures but he certainly knew his stuff on them as well. Standing up to lean over the table to grab her notebook, she wrote down everything Dale mentioned. He was like a fount of knowledge! So impressive.

"As for my favorite I love all of them, but I would love to see and study a Hungarian Horntail.”

Lark flipped a couple pages to find information on the Horntsil. She hadn't looked them over yet, but if Dale liked them she would read up on them. Peeking over at Dale she watched as he took out a book and opened it. Their eyes met and she felt a bit of heat spread across her cheeks as he looked away. Maybe she shouldnt have sat on this side, he had scooted back a bit. Could it be the same thing as Logan, needing more space and quiet even around friends? They had just met after all, he could be uneasy around others til he knew them better. Lark felt bad, worrying she may have made the boy uncomfortable.

"T-The Horntail is one of the only dragons to use its t-tail as a weapon."

She fought back the urge to giggle. Unsure if the stutter was him being nervous or not, to her it sounded endearing. Although, she didnt want to laugh and make it seem like she was laughing at the him. Blushing once more she cleared her throat and smiled at him.

"Really? They look pretty fierce." She peered down at the image in Dale's book. "Do you think that's what you want ta do when you leave Hogwarts?" She could see the sparkle in his eyes as he talked.

@Lark Flaer
As Dale finished telling Lark a bit about what he knew about the dragons he saw her blink her eyes, like she was taking in all the information that he had just thrown at her, which he probably was. In all honesty he didn’t know much about Ironbellies and Opaleyes, he would have to read up more on them to then tell Lark.

Dale still felt a bit embarrassed about the way his stuttering had shown itself, it usually went away after talking to someone for a little bit, and in a few cases, right after he met the person. But he had never felt so damned awkward when talking to anyone, well at least not since his first year. He took a deep breath and calmed himself down, Come on, it’s not like your talking to a professor, she’s just a classmate Dale, don't be so awkward. He told himself.

"Really? They look pretty fierce." Dale had thought about this before, ”I-If I did ever get to study one Id like to study it from afar. Anyone who wants to get close to one has a death wish.” Dales chuckled, after all, it wasn't like he would ever get to actually see one, much less study one. "Do you think that's what you want ta do when you leave Hogwarts?" Lark asked him, Dale thought about her question for a second, he had never really thought about what he wanted to so once he graduated from Hogwarts, he assumed he would just try to go back to muggle living, if that was even allowed, he still wanted to become a chemist, but the prospect of becoming a dragon tamer or breeder sounded much more exciting. ”I haven't really thought about it, I think if I could I would go to a regular college and become a chemist. But if I can't, I think I would want to do something with magical creatures.” Dale said as he readjusted himself in his chair, ”What about you, do you plan to follow in your mother’s footprints?

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Lark let out a laugh as Dale confirmed he would study the Horntail from afar if he did get a chance. Even if Dragons were amazing, she wasnt sure either that she would get too close to one even given the chance.

"Chemist?" Lark tilted her head in question and raised a silvery brow. She wasn't quite sure what this term meant. A college she assumed from hearing her father, had been a school of some sort for Muggles to help get their career. She felt a bit embarrassed not really being well versed in Muggle culture or anything for that matter. If he said he wanted to to go... could he be muggleborn? She didnt really want to ask and felt it rude this early on. Not to mention with everything going on, she was a little apprehensive to bring it up in any vicinity of the Library or otherwise.

"I'm not sure.." Lark didnt know the answer to Dale's question. "I admire her work, but I'm not sure what I would like ta be.. although if I could work closely with creatures that would be a pretty fabulous job. Magizoologist an' all!" She grinned at Dale. He looked so much older than her. "You probably only have a couple years til then huh? You must be what, fourth..fifth year? I admire how much you know, plus you seem so confident." '-and cute' a voice in her head added on quickly after. With rosey colored cheeks she closed her notebook and set her journal on top of it. She could only guess he was in Slytherin from his shirt.

"I'm only a first year but there seems ta be so much ta Hogwarts.. all the classes an' schedules. It's all pretty amazing. I've never been around so many people my age, not ta mention out of the house this long." Camp had been uneventful although still eye opening for her. Even the first week with classes and her peers had been almost overwhelming with social interactions. Lark finally felt like she was settling in.

@Lark Flaer
Dale was a bit confused on why Lark seemed confused when he said chemist, but after giving it a second of thought he remembered something. Most wizard born and purebloods knew very little of the muggle world, ]”A chemist is sort of like… a muggle’s version of potions? I guess?” To be honest Dale had no idea how to explain chemistry to a wizard, so instead, he decided to move on.

"I'm not sure.." Lark explained that she didn’t want to entirely follow her mother, but she wanted to work close to magical creatures. ”I think that would be an amazing job.” Dale said with a smile.

"You probably only have a couple years til then huh? You must be what, fourth..fifth year? I admire how much you know, plus you seem so confident." Lark asked. Dale was speechless at first, he guessed he was a bit more confident than he usually was, most likely due to them talking about a subject Dale knew very well. But he was a bit confused and flattered that Lark though he was older than he actually was, ”Actually, I'm only a second year.” Dale said while rubbing the back of his neck, ” I’m flattered that you think I'm confident, it's that I know a bit about magical creatures, if this conversation was about charms or transfiguration, I would be much less confident.” Dale said with a nervous chuckle. Dale was surprised he wasn't all that nervously and awkward around such a pretty girl

Lark said how amazed she was at the school, and he had to agree, there was a lot to do at Hogwarts, it truly was a magical place. She also mentioned how many people were here and how she was out of the house for a long time. Dale assumed she was in the same situation as Santario, a bit sheltered from the outer world as a child, that seemed to be a common thing among wizard borns and purebloods. ”There really is a lot to do and see here, It helps to join a club. I can recommend a few to you if you want?”

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt

Nodding, Lark followed best she could as Dale summed up Chemist to basically dealing with potions. She assumed it was a pretty hefty amount of work either way.

”I think that would be an amazing job.”

Lark beamed at Dale and learned forward in chair, resting her elbows on the table. It would be pretty amazing to work with creatures and handle them.. study them, even live among them.

"Really?!" Lark was shocked Dale was only in his second year. She had truly thought he was older! "Charms I might be okay with! I've been doing rather well in that class at least." Resting her chin in her left hand she leaned to one side so she could face Dale. It was nice to just sit and chat with another student instead of stressing over classwork. Even just being in a small group, she loved her friends to death but craved some quiet one on one every so often. This was a welcomed change of pace for sure. She listened closely as Dale offered to recommend some clubs.

"There's official school clubs?" She hadn't thought to investigate on the matter before. Lark studied Dale closely... she wondered if she should bring up the Order.. she shifted a bit uneasily in her seat.

"I um... actually." Keeping her eyes on Dale she swallowed the lump in her throat. The Order wasn't technically anything official.. let alone a standard school club Lark assumed. Something in the back of her mind tugged at her to not bring it up just yet. They had already had an odd run in with a red haired first year girl that seemed suspicious. Not to mention she might explain the point of her group wrong.. and didnt feel right not having confirmed with anyone else on the matter of Order discussions outside of meetings or with other members after that incident.

"That would be nice of you! It would be neat ta be involved a bit more with the school." Maybe being in an ACTUAL school club could be a good way to meet others... perhaps even something to do with artwork. It could look good for her future. Although, she didnt seem keen on anything like the Frog Choir if she was being honest with herself. She trusted Dale to steer her in the right direction. For only being a second year he certainly knew his stuff!

@Lark Flaer
Lark seemed very surprised when Dale said he was only a second year. Dale didn’t think he looked that old, but his height might be the reason she thought of him to be older. He was much taller than his fellow second years, and even a bit taller than the third years.

Lark had said that she was doing well in charms, he was already getting help in charms from Santario, another first-year Dale had befriended. It would hurt his pride too much if he had to get help from another first year, but he still made a note in his head that he could perhaps go to Lark for help if Santario was unavailable.

He watched Lark rest her chin on her left hand and tilt it so she could face Dale. Cute Dale thought, immediately his face turned a bit red as what he had just thought hit him. He decided to push those thoughts to the back of the head, no need to confuse himself even more.

"I um... actually." Lark said, she seemed a bit… conflicted. Maybe she was in an unofficial club, he about a few of them, but for some reason, he doubted Lark was in the ones he was thinking about. After a bit Lark said "That would be nice of you! It would be neat ta be involved a bit more with the school." Dale thought for a second, what would be some clubs that Lark would like, ”Well if you enjoy drawing, I think the a-art club might be a good fit for you. Or maybe if enjoy writing, join the writing club?” Dale thought for a second, should he invite her to join the DWS. On one hand, a lot of people seemed to think of them as negative, but a lot of people were there just to learn, Dale himself was there to learn, and for his mother. When he owled his mom a book about black magic and asked her if he should join the club, she said he should, and that he should report anything and everything he learned about the matter to her. But Dale though it would be nice to have Lark in the club, it would be nice to have more people in the club he knew. ”If you wanna join the club I'm in, I'm sure I could ask Savanna to let you join the Dark Witch Society, trust me it's much less scary than the name insists. ” Dale said with a chuckle

Dragon Lover- Dale Kurt