Study Room

Register
Sign in

Trapped in the Study Room  PV Min-seo   Finished 

There was nothing to do. Isaiah Lewis felt the most bored he had ever felt in his life.

He threw his wand up high in the air, flicking his wrist so that it would spin as it flew. He watched the wand as it twisted around, before catching it in his left hand.
He was sitting on a small, red couch, the type you'd find in early 20th century houses, in the study room, a place he didn't normally go, as studying never really fell into the category of things he enjoyed. Isaiah was horrible at schoolwork - sitting still had never been for him. He was always getting in trouble for fiddling or tapping or whatever else.
But rain was pouring down in buckets outside, and the Gryffindor common room was stuffed full of people looking for a retreat from the weather. So Isaiah had come here, where, although packed, the crowds weren't as dense as those elsewhere.

Bored, he started flicking his wand in the air again, slowly throwing it higher and higher until it actually hit the roof. He continued, throwing it again and again, until the wand began to emit strange orange sparks. Some of the students, most who were a couple of years older than Isaiah, started giving him annoyed looks.

"Could you stop that please?" said a Year Five girl from Gryffindor, with a nose stuck in her book, giving Isaiah a look, making it clear that she was by far more important than Isaiah in every single way.
Letting out a small sigh, he shoved the wand back into his robe pocket, and slouched a little further down the couch, looking mournfully outside at the rain pouring down the windows. If only there was something, anything, for him to do.
Last edited by Isaiah Lewis on 18th July 2019, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Expect the unexpected. And whenever possible, be the unexpected.”

Stamina: 8丨Evasion: 4丨Strength: 9丨Wisdom: 4丨Arcane Power: 5丨Accuracy: 5

Min-seo’s little Mary Jane shoes clicked against the wood as she entered the Study room. It was quite a gloomy day, the rain pouring in bunches and the sky was a dark grey. She didn’t mind the rain, but she didn’t have much to do. She had her tote bag over her shoulder. She had in it some quills, a small thing of ink, parchment, and a book. She thought she may as well get some of the summer homework done while she could. She wondered where she could sit. It seemed like everywhere was full. She sat down next to a fifth year girl who had her nose stuck in a book. She gave Min a glare. Min looked down in shame and stood back up. ”I’m sorry,” she whispered. She saw other students glaring at the fifth year as she went to find another place. She decided to sit next to a boy on one of the couches. He seemed nice enough, and familiar for some reason. She sat down and pulled out the book for homework. She began to read it. It wasn’t that interesting to be honest, she was more interested in transfiguration rather than herbology, but she had to get it over with.

“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-Seo
Stats: Strength: 4 Agility: 12 Control: 8 Stamina: 6

Stats- Strength-4 Agility-10 Control-10 Stamina-6

Isaiah, hearing a sound, turned around to find someone had sat beside him on the couch. As he watched her, she pulled out a book, and began to read. Her long, dark brown hair covered her face like a curtain, and Isaiah couldn't see her features. But, strangely, there was something familiar about the girl, something Isaiah couldn't exactly place. It was like when you know when someone's staring at you, even if you can't see them. Well, Isaiah felt something familiar about this girl.

He leaned slightly forward, to get a better look at the girl, and as soon as he saw the girl's face, his eyes widened in shock. There was no mistaking those gold-flecked, brown eyes, and delicate features he had seen so many times before.
"Min?" he said slowly, unable to believe his eyes.

Min-seo, more commonly called Min, was a childhood friend of his. She had moved from somewhere in South Korea to London when she was around seven years old, a quiet, shy girl, but when you got to know her, she was friendly, and Isaiah had always liked Min as a friend.
But the thing was, he didn't know she was going to Hogwarts. In fact, Isaiah didn't know Isaiah was magical at all. It was all so strange, Isaiah would've thought that he was dreaming, if it wasn't for the fact that this was too weird for Isaiah to just dream up.
Last edited by Isaiah Lewis on 6th July 2019, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Min-seo kept turning the pages in boredom. “Min?” she tensed up as she heard the familiar voice she had heard all those years ago. She turned slowly to face the boy beside her. She dropped her book in shock, making a thud on the ground. ”Isaiah?” she said softly. She turned red and picked up the book she dropped. No way. Hold on one minute. Isaiah Lewis? What was he doing here? The Isaiah Lewis she knew? It had to be. Her childhood friend, going to Hogwarts? How come she didn’t know sooner? How could she forget the boy that she used to play with a long time ago? They had so many memories, and she just forgot them when she was going to move to a different part of England. It never happened though. She stayed right where she was, but that was right before she came to Hogwarts, and she forgot to tell him she wasn’t moving. She just stared at him in shock. She never knew he was a wizard. That might’ve been her naivety, but it sure was unexpected. She smiled at him. ”How are you? I haven’t talked to you in ages.” she said, still in shock.

“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-Seo

Min dropped the book she was holding as she softly whispered "Isaiah?" back. Turning red, she picked up the fallen book, and stared at him. Feeling slightly awkward, he smiled, and shifted the position that he sat in as she looked.
"How are you? I haven't talked to you in ages," she said afterwards, smiling back.

Now that he thought of it, it made sense that Min was a witch. Of course, he never would've guessed it at the time, but there was something about Min, something magic-like. But, he was still surprised at the fact. Her family must've been very good at keeping that part of their lives secret. Although, he guessed that his family had been the same. While they did have some family friends that they met up with, those were rare occasions, and most of the time, Isaiah was used to pretending that he wasn't a wizard at all.

"I'm good," he replied, grinning. "I was sorted into Gryffindor, which isn't that surprising, I guess. But I'm not the most chivalrous, that's for sure. What house were you sorted in?" Isaiah paused. "I still can't believe I went a year at this school," he added, "And never did I once see you. Not even at the Sorting!"

She smiled. This was a really weird encounter, but it probably would’ve happened at one point. ”That’s good. You do seem like a Gryffindor, so I’m not surprised,” she said softly. She could totally see Isaiah in Gryffindor. In her mind, he seemed like the type. He was brave and such. She paused for a second as he asked what house she was in. It was an innocent question, but Min-seo looked down in a bit of shame. ”Slytherin. I don’t know why though, even though it’s been a year.” she said. Min-seo still didn’t know why that sorting hat placed her in Slytherin. She wasn’t like the stereotypical one, she wasn’t ambitious (at least that’s what she thought), and none of her family were sorted into it. Most of them were Ravenclaws. She feels like she dishonored her family. The only one who’d been in Slytherin was her Godfather. She nodded, braking out of her thoughts. ”I know! That’s crazy. Maybe we saw each other in passing? And I don’t know how I didn’t see you at the Sorting,” she said with a smile. She noticed some students staring. Right. They were in a study room. She didn’t know if it would be the best idea to talk here since it was so damn quiet.

Isaiah frowned slightly when Min-seo mentioned that she was in Slytherin. He wasn't angry or disappointed, just very confused. When Min said that she didn't know why, he couldn't blame her. As hard as he tried, he couldn't manage to imagine Min as ambitious or cunning. Although, to be fair to the Sorting Hat, she was rather smart. Isaiah hadn't seen her in such a long time, though, so maybe she had changed in those two years.
"Slytherin doesn't have the best reputation, and I can't really see you in that house either" he admitted. "But I reckon you should still be proud of it. My sister, she's a Slytherin, and no-one can outsmart her."

Isaiah moved closer to Min, so that he was facing her, and smiled widely at her. As much as he tried to get over it, he couldn't. He had many fond memories of himself and Min back when they were younger, and seeing her again was like seeing a dead friend return from the dead. Well, that was a slight exaggeration, but he had still missed her loads. There was so much stuff he didn't know, but wanted to. Where should he start?
"So," Isaiah started. "Do you like Hogwarts? It's pretty crazy, right? Do you like the classes, do you have a favourite one? Some of them are really interesting, but others make me fall asleep."

Min-seo fiddled with her hands as she saw Isaiah frown. Was he upset? She nodded. ”I know. I don’t really know what the sorting hat was thinking when he put me in Slytherin. I’m slightly proud but at the same time ashamed of its reputation. I’m surprised I have yet to see your sister,” she said. She didn’t know his sister very well, but she had seen her a few times a long time ago. It was crazy that all of these memories came rushing back to her in the most abrupt way. She remembered how nice his family had been and how patient they were with a kid who barely spoke English and was trying to learn. She was now fluent of course (well, almost) so that was good. She smiled at Isaiah and turned to face him. ”I love it. Most of the people here are nothing but kind to me, but there are some that are horrible so that’s the only downfall. As for classes, I like all of them, but herbology isn’t my favorite, along with History of magic. What about you? How are you enjoying things? she said. She didn’t realize how much she’d missed talking to Isaiah.

"My favourite subject is Potions," Isaiah told Min. "I like it because it's practical, and you're always moving. I enjoy that. My worst is Transfiguration, though. The whole class is basically theory, and I get really bored."
Isaiah was about to continue, to say that while he enjoyed Herbology, especially when there were huge, dangerous-looking plants, he agreed that History of Magic definitely wasn't the best subject.

It was the Year Five, who had given both of them a rude look when they had begun to talk. She had brown hair, tightly tied up in a high, elaborate bun, slightly freckled skin, a button-like nose and wore the Ravenclaw scarf around her neck. She walked over purposely, with her hands on her hips, and eyebrows furrowed. The girl definitely wasn't happy, and stopped when she reached the couch where Isaiah and Min were sitting.
"If you don't mind," she said, in a high voice, clearly annoyed by the two of them. "Some of us are actually working in this room; so could you be quiet? Or just go away?" She then waited for a reply, eyebrows raised.

Isaiah glared at the girl, irritated by her. Min and himself where having a perfectly normal conversation, and no-one else in the study room seemed bothered by their presence.
"You could at least say please," he retorted back.

Min-seo smiled. "I like Potions as well. And Transfiguration isn't bad, I actually enjoy it! If you focus you can totally understand it," she said. She was one of those people who were pretty brilliant, but if they didn't like the class, then she wouldn't do amazing, but she'd still pass. She noticed the girl who glared at her for sitting next to her had come up to them with a snooty expression like she was better than everyone here. She seemed horrible, and she was in her brother's house, and in his year. She didn't recognize her though, she had never seen her in her time at Hogwarts.
"If you don't mind," she said, in a high voice, clearly annoyed by the two of them. "Some of us are actually working in this room; so could you be quiet? Or just go away?" She then waited for a reply, eyebrows raised.
Min-seo cowered slightly, being the shy person she was. This wasn't fair. You shouldn't talk to people like that. She was irritated, but she was too scared and frozen in place to do anything. Why must she be so shy that she couldn't say a word. Isaiah said something though, so it was okay.

"I like Potions as well. And Transfiguration isn't bad, I actually enjoy it! If you focus you can totally understand it," Min said. Isaiah nodded slightly. It was true, what she said. If he did focus in class, he probably would understand Transfiguration, and perhaps even find it easy. Unfortunately, Isaiah was cursed with the attention span expected of a five-year-old, and focusing had never been his forte. That was probably the main reason why Isaiah was not very good at Transfiguration, now that he thought of it.
"I guess you're right," he admitted. "But I've never been good at being focused, so I suppose that's why I'm not that good at it.

When the girl told to two off, and Isaiah rudely spoke back, Min slightly cowered, and Isaiah felt bad for her. This just increased his annoyance towards the Year Five, and he told it to her.
"And you're not being very nice, by the way. It would be better if you just left," he said, rather rudely, but, then again, Isaiah wasn't the one to think about what he was saying.
After saying it, Isaiah did feel a little bit guilty, but he was too headstrong and proud to apologize to the girl, and didn't want to make a fool of himself. So he said nothing.
Reducio
Just letting you know that you're welcome to control the Year Five girl as well as me!!

Min-seo smiled softly at Isaiah. "Hey, at least you passed the class, or you wouldn't be able to get to second year," she said. "And I think it's okay not to be focused sometimes, especially if the class is super boring," she said, shrugging. The only class that she was bad at paying attention in was History of Magic, but besides that she stayed pretty focused.

The girl looked at Isaiah with a harder glare. "You have a horrible mouth," she said, addressing Isaiah's words. Min scoffed slightly. "Yeah and you don't," she said in her head. The girl turned her hawk-eyes to Min with a glare as well. "Are you doubting what I said?" she said. "Well, it's not his fault. You were the one to ask us to go away first, so he was simply asking you kindly to shove off," she said softly but with strength behind it. The other girl scoffed. "Would you just leave? It would be lovely so I could actually study without some two first years talking too loud, and an annoying ones too," the annoying girl said. Min sighed and said nothing. This girl was way too rude for her to comprehend to be honest.

Isaiah frowned. The girl was getting angrier and angrier as she continued, furious about the fact that instead of backing down and saying sorry, Min and himself were actually defending themselves. She was obviously used to people obeying her when she snapped at them, and didn't like it that the two of them were fighting back, especially since they were younger than then. As he thought this, it suddenly gave him an idea.
"Pick on people your own size," he spat out. "And if you really do want to study on your own and have some piece and quiet, you should have asked nicely. We would've quietened down if you said please. But since you haven't, now we have to have this whole fight about it. Plus, you're the only person in this entire room who has come up to us, so we couldn't of been that bad."

The girl was struggling what to say, unsure of what to do after Isaiah's outburst.
"Well, you... you..." she drifted off, furiously trying to think of something to say, to finish her sentence. Then, suddenly, she hung her head.
"Fine. Keep on being loud. But next time, go to another room. One where you can be as loud as you want."

Min-seo crossed her arms tightly in shock. She couldn't believe she did that. She felt accomplished for even making eye contact with the girl. That was kind of terrifying. She let Isaiah take it from there, for he was always the braver one. Plus he came up with better arguments, and she was a bit too shocked to keep speaking. She hated being a shy person. She could barely even stand up for herself in general. She let out the breath she didn't even know she was holding as the other girl stalked off to read again, have been defeated. She turned to him with a cheeky smile. "Jeez, I still forget how freaking brave you are. I only said, like, two sentences. Or, that could be normal, and I'm just weird. I hate being scared of everything and anything," she said with a small laugh. She felt better now that the girl wasn't breathing down their freaking necks, telling them to be quiet when there were other small conversations going on around the study room, some even louder then how Min and Isaiah were talking. She sighed and pulled her knees to her chest, hugging them with a small smile.

As the girl walked away, Isaiah turned to Min and saw that she was relieved that the girl had left, pulling her knees up to her chest.
He felt a similar way. It hadn't been comfortable, with the girl towering over them, telling them what they can and can not do. He had been glad when she finally backed down, giving up on trying to keep Min and himself quiet. Isaiah hoped that she had learnt a lesson from this too, not to just go telling people, who you don't know, off when they were really doing no harm at all. He told this to Min.

"I'm glad she is gone," he said quietly, not wanting the girl to overhear, in case she decided to come back. "Geez, she was really grumpy. We weren't even that loud, and she came over as if she was in charge of us!"
He then let out a little laugh, of both relief and glad-ness. "I guess we were being a little grumpy," he admitted, guiltily looking at the floor. "But we were not the loudest in the room, and it was not extremely loud. Like we were not yelling, or something like that. "