Study Room

Register
Sign in

Studying  PV Lilina Tomoe   Completed 

Isabella walked into the study room with all her herbology books in hand. She had gone through her first couple of periods that morning fine. It was until she got to lunch. She being able to talk to some friends at the lunch table, and having a nice cup of mint tea, reminding her of home. During her period right before her free period, she heard other students at the table talking. "Hey, are you ready for the herbology test? I heard that it's really hard," A student had said. Isabella's heart almost dropped out of her chest and onto the corridor floor when he heard that. She completely forgot about the test.
How could she forget? She had heard about the test from weeks before, preparing for it from months in advance. So the week it happens, how could she forget? She thanked herself for actually signing up for a free period at the beginning of the year, or she would be dead by now.
She immediately cut her tea time short and ran into the study room. As she walked in, she realized how full the room was. How many extra people had a free period this time too? Were they all studying for the herbology test?
She looked around for an empty table. When she studied, Isabella preferred to be alone so she could concentrate fully on her thoughts. She looked and looked, and still saw no table.
"Great," she whispered to herself. Now she had to find a person that she knew or at least recognized.
She looked around but still found nobody familiar. There were mostly some second years and little first years, but they were strangers to her. She looked around, and then she saw someone that was a bit familiar. Studying in the back of the room was a first year, like her. She could swear she saw her at the sorting ceremony. What was her name again? Lily? Lea? It was something with an "L".
Isabella held her breath and walked to the back of the room where the "L" girl was sitting.
"Um... hi," Isabella said to the "L" girl. "I'm Isabella. Isabella Holland. I was looking for a table to sit at, but I couldn't find a table. Do you... do you mind if I sit here?"
Last edited by Isabella Holland on 2nd June 2019, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i.holland

Lilina was last-minute cramming for a test in the History of Magic, nervous, but at least relieved that she wasn't winging it. Her books are stacked in what she calls an "Organized Mess", and what everyone else calls a "pile of junk". Her favorite and most effective way of studying is looking at a dozen books at once, and she believes you can only do this once you have mastered the "Art of Cramming". She relaxes, putting her feet on the table with a book in hand: A History of Magic.
"Get your feet off the table, Miss!" yells a Hufflepuff student in the back. She knows this, not only from the color of his tie, but his attitude. So far, she has not had a pleasant experience with Hufflepuffs. Two days ago, a Hufflepuff girl with long blonde bangs covering her face 'accidentally' tried tripping her in the hallway. She apologized and ran away, but it was a muffled 's-sorry...', and it definitely wasn't enough. And she was too shy to even help pick up her books! And now, this: a Hufflepuff boy, who looks the same age as her, telling her what to do! Who does he think he is? If he knew who my dad was, he would apologize for his behavior right away, she thought, angrily. She took her feet off the table, anyway, and continued studying. As if on cue, a nervous looking girl with brown hair walked over to her. She looked disastrous: she had messy hair--probably didn't brush it enough when she woke up--and brown eyes that looked scared of everything at the moment. To top it all off, she wore a yellow tie.
"Um...hi," she started. Lilina doesn't even want to hear it. "I'm Isabella. Isabella Holland. I was looking for a table to sit at, but I couldn't find a table. Do you...mind if I sit here?" She looks to the seat next to her frantically. Shoot, I forgot there's a seat next to me. Of course she minded that she sits there. Heck, she minded alot! But she's used to people asking to sit next to her. Everyone does. She probably wants to use me for my money, and maybe even to help her study. Lilina rolls her eyes, not wanting to be seen sitting next to her.
"Really?" She replies at first, coldly. "I mean of course, of course!" She replied, almost sarcastically, with the fakest smile she could give glued onto her face. "Have a seat!"

The girl looked at the seat next to her. Isabella could sence a bit of coldness in her, but she hoped that the girl would let her sit.
Isabella realized that the girl was a Gryffindor. She had short, purple hair. She was really straight forward, like she was brought up by some fancy Queen. Isabella immediately regretted chosing to sit here. This girl was the complete opposite of her! Isabella grew up at her grandparents cottage in the suburbs of London. This girl looked like she lived in Buckingham Palace!
"Really?" She replied at first, coldly. Isabella cringed. She regretted choosing this table a lot.  "I mean of course, of course! Have a seat!" She then said.
Isabella smiled, and cheerfully sat down. Maybe she wasn't so bad. She put her stuff down and spread out all her notes.
Minutes passed and Isabella realized how awkward this was right now. She was sitting with a girl, whom she didn't even know, to study. All around them were people, talking and studying together. She had to break the ice between her and the "L" girl.
She learned over to see what the girl was studying. She saw a History of Magic textbook open, and gasped. She was studying for the HOM test! Isabella just took that this morning.
"Um, History of Magic, eh?" She said. "That's my best class. In fact, I just took that test this morning! I'm here studying for the Herbology test. Also, I never cought your name. Does it start with an 'L'? We were in the same sorting ceremony, and I remembered your face."
Isabella breathed again, not relizing that she had just said A LOT in one breath. Great, now I'm going to come off as annoying, and she's going to kick me out. Way to go Isabella she thought.
Last edited by Isabella Holland on 2nd June 2019, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

i.holland

The awkward-looking girl smiled, as if she didn't get the hint. She situated herself onto the seat next to her. She started studying with the many books she brought, one by one. Lilina laughed in her head, comparing the way the girl studies to her own. Someone's going to fail a test I see, Lilina thought to herself. She observed the girl's looks, like she does to anyone she meets for the first time. First impressions are very important. The first thing she noticed is her unkempt appearance. Dealbreaker. Where is she from? Lilina questioned herself. A farm? A village? She turned back to her books to continue studying. She soon forgot that someone was sitting next to her, because for the next few minutes everything was quiet, as it should be. Maybe this girl isn't so bad. At least she can keep her mouth shut.

Ironically, the girl started talking. "Um...History of Magic, eh?" She said. Great. "That's my best class. In fact, I just took that test this morning! I'm here studying for the Herbology test. Also, I never caught your name. Does it start with an 'L'? We were in the same sorting ceremony, and I remembered your face." How did she manage to spit out all those words in one breath?

"Ah, you took that test this morning?" Lilina repeats. "Didya flunk it?" she whispered unintelligibly. "The name's Lilina. Memorize that and don't ask again. And of course you remembered my face. Nobody forgets. Consider yourself lucky that you're sitting here now, because there won't be a second time." As soon as she said it, she immidiately kind of regretted it. Just a little. Maybe she could've used her for test answers or something of the sort.

"Ah, you took that test this morning? Didya flunk it? The name's Lilina. Memorize that and don't ask again. And of course you remembered my face. Nobody forgets. Consider yourself lucky that you're sitting here now because there won't be a second time," Lilina told her.
Isabella was shocked by her behavior. All her time at Hogwarts, she had met nice people. This girl seemed cold. But trapped under that ice, there was a nice girl, and Isabella just had to crack all that ice to possibly, if she has a chance, to be friends with this girl.
"Right, Lilina got it," Isabella said while doing awkward finger guns. "As for the test, it's not that hard. You just need to know about wizards of the last century. My grandfather told me all about them, so that's probably why I didn't find it so hard. When we were done with our work on the cottage where I live, in London, he used to tell me stories of them."
Then Isabella gasped. She probably just told this girl WAY too much information. Well, what's out is out.
"I'm so sorry," she said. "That was probably way more information than you needed. I'll go back to studying."
They both returned to their studies until Isabella remembered something. The one test question that she forgot. Maybe she could help someone else get it right instead of her defeat!
"Hey, Lilina," Isabella said, doing the hand motion for leaning forward. "Here's the answer to number 7. It asks about The Werewolf Code of Conduct, and when it was developed. It was just thrown in there as an extra question to throw students off. The Werewolf Code of Conduct, developed in 1637 by the Wizards' Council, was a set of rules outlining the responsibilities of werewolves, such as preventing any possible attacks by locking themselves up securely every month. The Werewolf Code of Conduct was ultimately a failure, seeing as no one showed up to sign it, since no one was prepared to admit to being a werewolf due to the great stigma among the wizarding society." She stopped. Why would she always give this girl too much information? "And that too was probably way too much information again. I'll go back to studying."

i.holland

The girl looked shocked. Lilina was shocked. Not only because of what just came out of her mouth, but that the girl actually was expecting Lilina to let her stay after that odd first impression of her's. "Right, Lilina got it," said the girl again, pointing guns with her hands at her. Is this a death threat...or is she just insane? "As for the test, it's not that hard. You just need to know about wizards of the last century. My grandfather told me all about them, so that's probably why I didn't find it so hard. When we were done with our work on the cottage where I live, in London, he used to tell me stories of them." TMI, Lilina thought. Does anybody even care about you and your cottage? As soon as the girl said that, she gasped, as if she was thinking: Wow! Nobody cares! I finally realize!
As if this weirdo didn't take a hint, she went off again. "I'm so sorry," she said. "That was probably way more information than you needed. I'll go back to studying." Thank goodness. Lilina sighed a long sigh of relief. Hope she won't open her trap again. Lilina went back to her studies, finally. If this muggle-looking girl does not leave right this very second I might as well expel myself from Hogwarts because I'll fail my tests anyway.
"Hey, Lilina," she says again. She looks over to her annoyingly, disgusted, and repelled. If I die right now, I at least won't have to hear this, she thinks to herself, infuriated. She moved towards Lilina, as if she wanted to tell her a secret. "Here's the answer to number 7," she started. Lilina's ears perked up at the sound of this, but then realized that she might be wrong, judging on the her looks and big mouth. She takes out a notebook and a quill just in case, to make notes. "It asks about The Werewolf Code of Conduct, and when it was developed. It was just thrown in there as an extra question to throw students off. The Werewolf Code of Conduct, developed in 1637 by the Wizards' Council, was a set of rules outlining the responsibilities of werewolves, such as preventing any possible attacks by locking themselves up securely every month. The Werewolf Code of Conduct was ultimately a failure, seeing as no one showed up to sign it, since no one was prepared to admit to being a werewolf due to the great stigma among the wizarding society." Lilina almost didn't get anything of what she just said, but at least she got something down. Although this girl is a big blabbermouth and talks more than she breathes, she can be somewhat useful. But that doesn't change the fact that she wants to study somewhere else, before the girl goes off again with another talking fit. But what if she knows other answers...? Lilina questions herself. Nope, nope, nope. Not taking any risks here. I'm not putting my grade in danger to trust that girl.
"Hey...uh..." Lilina glances at the girl up up and down, judgementally, to give her a name. She does this to people she doesn't know their names to any doesn't want to know. "Hufflepuff girl," is the only insult she can give her at the moment. "If you excuse me, I have somewhere to be--that's definitely not here--so I'm going to take my leave. And if you can do me a favor, let's just pretend we never met."

Isabella sighed. Thank gosh she got that all off her chest. Hopefully, that could help Lilina out.
"Hey...uh..." Lilina looked up and down, "Hufflepuff girl, if you excuse me, I have somewhere to be--that's definitely not here--so I'm going to take my leave. And if you can do me a favor, let's just pretend we never met."
Isabella was shocked but mostly saddened. She tried to be the best kid she could, even giving test answers. She never gives out test answers! Ever! It was against her moral code, and yet she tried to help someone with, what she knows, as a correct test answer!
"Oh," Isabella started, "Um...ok, sure. See you around, I guess."
Isabella sighed as she was finally alone. She could get some studying done, but most of her time was already wasted and gone trying to become friends with Lilina. Each time she looked down to study, all she could think about is what she did wrong. What did she do to make Lilina hate her? Was she too nice? It was probably because she was annoying. Yeah, that was probably it. She lost control of what to say and what not to say, and she got annoyed.
Isabella wanted a second chance, but this time she knew that she had lost.

i.holland