Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Unexpected Friendships  PV Dmitri Jones   Finished 

The young boy explained that he lived in the muggle world for most of his life and Peach was pleasantly surprised. She nodded in agreement and she thought to herself that she could use a friend like him. he was ambitious, you could easily see it and he knew what he was talking about. He then said, smiling, that they should be friends as words came out of their mouths like waterfalls. Peach rigorously nodded, laughing. He then started talking about the House system in Hogwarts, which peach always somehow despised. She didn't like how people were put in groups based on their personality, forcing them to not really go out of their way to meet other people and to also form inappropriate and false opinions on other houses. 

Her mother had been sorted into Gryffindor and Peach remembers clearly this one telling her about the other houses. " The Hufflepuffs aren't brave and they're more like fluffy bears whilst Slytherins are rude and evil and such. ten to not get too close to them. The Ravenclaws are all incredibly smart and sometimes really up their arses. And us, Gryffindors, are the best! " she'd say, proudly. Peach trusted her mother obviously until she arrived at the school and started to think otherwise. Some Hufflepuffs were horrible people and some Gryffindors were far away from being the best and most Slytherins were amazing.

" Honestly, I don't find it good for eleven-year-olds to be put in such boxes like that. We do need comfort, that's obvious, but most of us don't try to meet others, especially when such stereotypes go around. I could be described as the perfect Hufflepuff, kind and caring and sweet but who would know that I have massive problems with my emotions? I know that you are ambitious but I doubt that you are evil. You know what you want and you will do almost anything to get it. " she smiled at him. " But then, correct me if I'm wrong! " 

hungry ghosts and book thiefs

Dmitri sighed in relief and jokingly sagged in his seat as he heard the other girl's speech about the School system putting them in boxes and getting judged for it. "Oh my goodness, someone gets it finally! It's really just a vicious cycle, huh? Muggle schools, Wizarding schools, there really isn't any differences between them--both of them have some way to segregate its students into neat little boxes where one gets judged for stepping out of." The Slytherin boy shook his head. "I mean, I do get the intent behind it. I don't think the founders did so to spite us. It was originally meant to be for camaraderie and competition--but once again, society has built for itself norms that only served to take itself down. It isn't Hogwarts' fault but its students'."

"Anyway, yep, you aren't wrong." He smiled wickedly at the other girl. "I will get what I want. I always get what I want--one way or another, I'll make it happen. However, I am such a stickler for rules that I have to resort to hiding my intentions in plain sight--which is probably why I'm a Slytherin. I can be the demise of one person without them even knowing until it's too late--and I know that, that's why I always keep myself in check to not abuse it. I simply wasn't raised that way. I have too much heart to be evil. I guess knowing and acknowledging that you have a capacity to be evil means that you can't really be evil in the end--because true evil thinks they're doing the right things."

Dmitri laughed, embarrassed. "I'm sorry. Got too passionate right there."

Dmitri Kazimir Jones | Second Year Slytherin
Strength: 4 | Control: 10 | Agility: 10 | Stamina: 11

Peach softly laughed as the boy went on and on about school systems and then Slytherin stereotypes. The young girl felt proud to have guessed right about him, which she usually was, and she knew it would have been slightly awkward if she had been wrong. He reminded her somehow of a creature she had to look after as a child with her mother, a young Dragon, a mixed breeds. He was witty and sneaky and he always got whatever he wanted without being necessarily mean. He would eat the other dragon's food by distracting them with something and then he would rush somewhere to hide. It was adorable but a little annoying because it obligated them to bring more and more food for the dragons.

She liked that young boy. He seemed quite nice under this tough sure of himself appearance. Which wasn't such an appearance as he was absolutely brilliant.

" I really like you, " she said, sweetly. She then realised that it could be seen the wrong way and her cheeks suddenly took an adorable rosy colour. She stumbled on her words a little and played with her fringe. " I...I don't mean it like...like I like you like you, you know? Just like you're nice and brilliant and we should be friends. Maybe. If you want, obviously. And plus it's good that you always get what you want because I rarely do so you could teach me? Again, if you want! " . She looked at him and radiantly smiled, her hands leaving her hair behind to get to her knees. It was true, that she rarely got what she wanted. She wanted a dad and she never got one. She also wanted her friends to be happy, but that didn't happen much. 

She had been told many times, by many people, that she was too nice. But if she wasn't nice, no one would be happy around her. She didn't care much about her well being. Her mother's and her friend's was more important. Maybe she had to review her priorities but at eleven years old, she still had stars in her eyes at the thought of the world being magical. 

Dmitri laughed, flushing down to his toes. "You're probably the first. I haven't really found someone I genuinely like in this school--bar you--and I figure the feeling is mutual." He shook his head and chuckled softly. "Of course I'd be your friend." He bumped shoulders with Peach. "You're the first Hufflepuff I've met that actually is a Hufflepuff, you know. Kind, friendly, passionate..." The raven-haired boy shrugged. "All the others I've met are either perfectly rude assholes or close-minded stereotyping fools."

"I mean, granted, I can be haughty sometimes--I even was haughty to you a while ago," Dmitri laughed out loud. "But that's the thing. I have a massive pet peeve on first impressions, so if I dislike you the first time we've met, that would probably end up with  me just despising everything you say or do. Good thing you share the same outlook as me, or you might have seen just how much of a jerk I can get." The raven-haired boy giggled. "At least I know and embrace my jerk-ness. Some people just don't know they get too... much, sometimes."

"Oh, I don't usually get what I want most of the time. It's just that I don't give up on my goals. Those things that I haven't achieved yet, I'm still working on achieving even now, as we talk. You don't need my help. You're already a strong personality as you are." He smiled at his newly-made friend, happy to have another person he just felt strongly comfortable with.

Reducio
Sorry for the suppppppppppeeeeeeer late reply. Had a bit of a writer's block i couldn't get myself out of :/ but its gone now so yay!

Peach let out a joyful laugh when her newly made friend bumped his shoulder to hers. She found it funny to see the young boy, as she did not think it would be his style to do so. She listened to him carefully, noding at times and always keeping her radiant smile on her face. 

"I'm really good in Astrology, Herbology and in Care for Magical Creatures, so if you need any help in these subjects I can totally help you," she said, letting him know he could come to her if needed. "And you're right, first impressions are really important but they're not everything to me. If I had let your first impression stick to my skin, I wouldn't be talking to you," she let out a little laugh, "And thank you for saying I have a strong personality. You do too. It's probably due to my mum, she's a real dragon when she wants! Even actual adult dragons were affraid of her sometimes so, you see the picture?"

She remembered being sad when her mother was angry, whether it was against her or not, because there was no one else to calm her down. No partner, only her daughter, but it didn't help much. So in these moments, Peach would close herself in her room and look at the stars, where she found the most comfort. 

"And yes, I am a pure Hufflepuff! I'm such the stereotype but it's okay, I'm good with it. I'd rather be nice all the time than angry, which I am a lot but shh, so then people don't hate me. Life is simpler when people don't hate you. People use me a lot, though. I'm too nice. I remember, when I was at school before Hogwarts, there was this one girl who would always ask me for my lunch under the pretext that she didn't have food herself, and stupidly, I would give it to her. My bestfriend found it incredibly stupid when I told her so I stopped giving food to that girl but then she got mad and did stuff." Peach let out a nervous laugh at the memory and she lightly excused herself for talking so much. She didn't want to bore her new friend, he was already too precious to her. 
Reducio
Haha don't worry its okay!

Dmitri Kazimir Jones laughed one of his rarer, genuine laughs as he listened to the other girl speak. He did not know how he got here, having been decidedly mean to the other girl then immediately getting charmed by the amazing personality that is Peach Thorne. It wasn't even just because the other girl seemed to understand Dmitri more than she let on nor the fact that they both share unpopular opinions--it was actually just because Peach was so transparent, so candid and so unable to hide something behind her back that made her likable to the Slytherin.

For so many times in Hogwarts the raven-haired boy have encountered many people like himself: cunning, probably deceitful, calculating and competitive--some of these aren't even necessarily from Slytherin! He has then lost his hope of ever finding people he could trust to have his back with no hidden agenda attached. But then he found his first friend, Kyden, and is now on his way to having another friend in the form of a kind, friendly and honest Hufflepuff girl. Probably for the first time in God knows how long, Dmitri now had hope that his years in Hogwarts will be good ones.

Standing up out of nowhere, he offered his hand to Peach. "You're now officially one of my friends. I have decided on that. Care to shake on it?" He winked and laughed. Turns out, having a positive outlook in his Hogwarts journey wasn't really that bad. He's still going to be quite judgmental and rude to people who irk him, however, since his suspicious and meticulous nature won't allow him not to be.

The raven-haired boy sighed and smiled goofily. This was already turning out to be a good year.

Reducio
Hey Peach! Would you want to reply and then end it after? We've achieved the thread's goal which is to establish an unexpected friendship xD We can then go on to plan another rpg if you want :)

Peach let out a little laugh. She held her hand out to Dmitri's one and shook it without hesitation. How unexpected was this? Her sweetness had brought her to make another friend. She must admit it, it didn't go so well at first but she had never meant to steal his desk. Her eyes were glittering with joy and a huge smile was upon her face. She was happy, she had someone who probably could understand her a lot more than others and she found it hard to find anybody with such interests in space and muggle-wizard relationships nowadays. " We should create a club for whoever enjoys astronomy and space, I bet that we'd find lots of people who are interested too! ". She smiled, excitedly. 

She needed more friends like him, to whom she could be honest and wouldn't have to talk about drama with. She looked over at the room that was slowly being emptied of all it's students, being nearly dinner time for everyone. She closed up her books and stoop up as well. When she nearly had to look up to him, she took in note that she would have to grow a little so she wouldn't look like such a midget next to her friend. 

" Its nearly dinner time, I need to go back to my dorm and get changed," she smiled kindly. " You can find me at the hall if you want, or else I spend lots of time out on the grounds or up at the astronomy tower. " 

She grabbed her things, gave an awkward little hug to her newest friend and skipped out of the study room, light-hearted. She felt happy, and it felt nice.

Reducio

Diddly done, and Peach has left the thread. If you want to discuss about having another thread, owl me! <3

Back