Study Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Bored to the Bone  PV Marla Quinlan   Complete 

Marla was quite impressed in Isaiah's knowledge of the wizarding world. Not only was he a fun person to be around, but a good asset. And smart!
“Yeah, she was. It was pretty cool. And she was friends with Harry Potter! You know him, right? In the Second Wizarding War? I heard he killed You-Know-Who.” He added, which Marla grinned and nodded to. It was nice having someone that grew up with such heavy wizarding-world influence, maybe the boy could assist her in learning more about the Wizarding Wars? Marla only read one book on the subject, but she had such a thirst for knowledge that it hurt. She couldn't help but go on an endless search at least once a week for another book about the war, but found none. So, she reverted to just reading the same book about Harry Potter and the Wizarding Wars over and over again. Which wasn't terrible. In fact, it was quite fun. Marla liked to read things and then reread to spot things that she missed, which may sound weird, but it was just a habit. Maybe it'd come in handy now, without her family's money the girl was quite broke, too poor to purchase books actually.. What a shame.

But then Isaiah brought up something that she loved almost as much as reading. A sport that did wonders, not to mention, was extremely fun. You guessed it: quidditch. It made her even happier that Isaiah was going to try out for the team. At least she wouldn't be alone, it'd be great to have a friend on the Gryffindor team to start.
“I’m hoping for Beater. Less balance and I’m pretty strong, so that’s good. But there’s all the older kids, so I’m not sure that’ll matter too much when I’m up against them.” Marla nodded, she could totally see the boy being a beater. And a good one, at that. He had the right build for it. A bit short (but not as short as Marla), a little bit of muscle, to make for quick and efficient gameplay. Marla was never one to go for the "glory spot" of the team and would love to be a chaser, but she had the build for more of a seeker. Quick and good accuracy, a perfect combination to find the snitch. She wasn't strong enough to be a chaser, no matter how much she wished he was.
"I can see you as a beater. You'd be a good one, at that. I'd like to be a chaser, but I think that I'd be better as a seeker... Dunno, seekers kinda just sit there and watch the whole time. I wanna get more involved but I'm not strong enough." The last part was completely true. Marla was kind of like... A toothpick. You could snap her in half with ease.

On a more positive note, Isaiah asked Marla another question, to which she beamed as he spoke.
“I’ve never been to a big Quidditch match, only the small ones, but they’re so exciting! Do you have a team that you go for?” Without even thinking, Marla knew exactly which team she wanted to root for: the Montrose Magpies. The stars of Scotland! Who could be better?
"The Montrose Magpies, I've loved them since my uncle introduced me. I mean, it only makes sense. My uncle is Scottish and he's a huge fan, so I guess it was kind of influenced by him." She shrugged, letting out a dreamy sigh as she imagined herself playing on the quidditch field. One day, Marla. One day.

"And you? What's your favorite team?"

"and here you are living despite it all"
stamina 6 | evasion 7 | strength 5 | wisdom 5 | arcpower 5 | accuracy 7

"The Montrose Magpies, I've loved them since my uncle introduced me. I mean, it only makes sense. My uncle is Scottish and he's a huge fan, so I guess it was kind of influenced by him."
Marla sighed afterwards, as if expressing her love for Quidditch. He smiled; it was the same with him. He loved Quidditch, and everything about it. The energy, the vibe, the passion that everyone, both viewers and players, emitted, for the love of the fast-paced game.
Other activities bored Isaiah. Like gobstones, for example. The players hardly moved, and the game was slow and boring. Unlike Quidditch, where the players flew past so fast it was a blur, and the pitch was filled up with euphoria.

"And you? What's your favourite team?"
Isaiah didn’t even have to think about this one. His family, mainly his father’s side, had supported the same team for years and years, seemingly forever, or since the team began. Isaiah was pretty sure that there had even been a member who had been a Keeper for them a couple years back, a second cousin, or aunt’s husband, or something similar.
“Falmouth Falcons,” he told her. “They aren’t the best, and most people don’t like them. Because of their bad reputation. They’re pretty violent.”
Most people didn’t have good responses when Isaiah told them his team. He remembered this just as the word’s left his mouth and turned worrying to Marla. He opened his mouth, going to tell Marla all the good things about the Falcons – which there were some, if you were a true fan – when he saw the clock. It was nearly time for his next class.

Normally, in a situation like this, Isaiah would prolong his visit to class as long as possible. He never liked class and wasn’t the type of boy to care about future consequences. But this wasn’t a normal situation. His Transfiguration teacher had told him that if he missed one more Transfiguration class, he would get a detention. And Transfiguration was far from his best subject.
He turned back to Marla and grinned apologetically.
“I’m really sorry, but I have to go now; my Transfiguration teacher said that if I’m late for one more class, I’d get a detention,” He said to Marla ruefully. “And I am not good at Transfiguration, so the professor doesn’t like me at all.”
He bit his lip, thinking about what to add. “It was great to meet you Marla. Hope I see you around.”

Then, fast-walking to the exit, conscious about the time, he left the study room.
Reducio
Isaiah exits the thread.

"Expect the unexpected. And whenever possible, be the unexpected.”

Stamina: 8丨Evasion: 4丨Strength: 9丨Wisdom: 4丨Arcane Power: 5丨Accuracy: 5

Isaiah let a smile spread across his face as Marla spoke, which made the girl feel a lot better about her choice in teams. Some people got extremely passionate about quidditch, like all sports, and she had a feeling he was one of them. But surprisingly he didn't try to convince her to convert to his team.

The boy seemed to hesitate when Marla questioned him about his taste in quidditch teams, but eventually spat it out. The Falmouth Falcons, huh? Not the greatest reputation... But she definitely enjoyed watching their games. Especially the ones that got really rough. When that one guy got bumped off his broom at the tippy top of the stadium? Marla couldn't help but be so intrigued.
"They're fun to watch, though. And isn't that the point of the game, yeah?" she reassured him with a smile and a shrug. It was quite cool that he was sticking to one team. A lot of people are annoying about that stuff, they just switch to whatever team is good that season, which was wildly bothersome. But before she could go on a rant about that, the fellow Gryffindor glanced up, probably at a clock, and had a dumbfounded look on his face. Then he looked back at Marla with a sorry seeming smile.
“I’m really sorry, but I have to go now; my Transfiguration teacher said that if I’m late for one more class, I’d get a detention. And I am not good at Transfiguration, so the professor doesn’t like me at all.” She nodded, and then froze for a second. Transfiguration was one of Marla's best subjects, if he ever needed help, she could definitely do so.
"Hey, I'm not rubbish at Transfiguration if you ever need some help. It was nice meeting you though." She said with a smile, a bit sad that he had to go. He bit his lip and pondered for a moment, seemingly rushing himself to get out of there. Isaiah hastily mentioned that it was nice meeting Marla and quickly left. She gave him a wave and began to walk out herself, crossing fingers that her brother wasn't still in the hallway. She was not getting chewed up by some slimy Slytherin today. And so, she went the opposite way of Isaiah and made her way to the Gryffindor common room.

"and here you are living despite it all"
stamina 6 | evasion 7 | strength 5 | wisdom 5 | arcpower 5 | accuracy 7
  Back